Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Seventh Generation

Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap

Like a breath of fresh air in the kitchen!

Even though I hate to wash dishes, it is still fun to experiment with different kinds of dish liquid soap, especially those in the "green" categories. I have sung the praises of Seventh Generation products before but here is another one which is really special ... **Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap in the Citrus and Ginger Scent**.

**WHAT THIS IS**:

**Seventh Generation Citrus and Ginger Natural Dish Liquid Soap** is another product of the type which has made this manufacturer famous - 25 ounces of eco-friendly and gentle yet effective clear liquid devoid of artificial dyes or fragrances. This dish liquid soap is a blend of Aqua (water), sodium lauryl sulfate, lauramine oxide, decyl glucoside and lauryl polyglucose (plant-derived cleaning agents), 1,3 -propanediol (plant-derived foam stabilizer), citric acid (cornstarch-derived water softener), sodium chloride (thickener), magnesium chloride (cleaning enhancer), essential oils and botanical extracts* including cedrol, canarium luzonicum gum nonvolatiles (elemi oil), cinnamomum zeylanicum bark extract (cinnamon leaf oil), citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, elettaria cardamomum (cardamon) seed oil, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) leaf oil, myristica fragrans (nutmeg) kernel oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, zingiber officinale (ginger) root oil), methylisothiazolinone and benzisothiazolinone (synthetic preservatives).

While I realize that this ingredient list may be a bit tedious and nobody **has** to read it all through, I included it here because one drawback of this product is that you have to peel the back label back to see the ingredients and I think this would be difficult to do in a store before actually paying for the bottle.

**MY VIEWPOINT**:

I think this may be my favorite kitchen products. While I still don't like washing the dishes, I am enthusiastic about recommending **Seventh Generation All Natural Dish Liquid Soap in the Citrus and Ginger scent**. The subtle and understated fragrance is like a breath of fresh air in the kitchen. I also like the way that you can wash dishes and glasses with this and just let them air dry with no sticky residue or streaking. That kind of performance is worth the slightly expensive price.

I wasn't really sold on 7th Generation Dish Soap.

I love the idea of this product.  Like many, when I became a mother, I became much more aware about chemicals around our home.  I purchased Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap to see if it would be as effective as the other dish soap I was using  (mainly Dawn) while promoting a healthier environment around my children.  Sad to say, I was greatly disappointed.  The smell was sort of nice, but it was my experience that it did not clean as well as other brands I had used.  It took longer to scrub the remaining food off plates and on pots and pans, and I found that I had to use more of it.  If I remember correctly, it was a bit more expensive than other dish soaps, but to me, if it works and is safer for my home, it would be worth paying a bit more.  However, I did not like it , and I didn't finish using the bottle I bought.  I found it under the kitchen sink way in the back when we moved out of our house a few months ago. I thought about using it in my final cleaning at that residence, but decided against it because you have to use a lot and use more elbow grease than with my trusty Dawn soap.

A natural way to clean!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap:

As I've learned more and more about the effects of toxic chemicals in our everyday lives I've been experimenting with more nautral cleaners in my home. When I found a coupon for a free bottle of Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap I had to try it.

Seventh Generation Dish Soap works great! It has the same cleaning power and will cut through grease as well as any other dish soap. Plus, it won't leave your hands dry and irritated like many other dish soaps do. It comes in refreshing scents like Lavender floral & mint, lemongrass and clementine zest or fresh citrus & ginger. The scents come from essential oils and botanical extracts rather than synthetic fragrances in other soaps.

Seventh Generation Dish Soap is made from naturally derived plant material instead of being petroleum based like other dish soaps and is free of dyes and synthetic fragrances. It truely is environmentally friendly and safe to use.

Like a breath of fresh air in the kitchen!

from Oak Park, IL

**WHAT THIS IS**:

**MY VIEWPOINT**:

Sevebth Generation: All Natural and it Cleans Well

from Houston, TX

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap:

Have you been making a conscience effort lately to go green and minimize your impact on the environment? If you are, then you know there are many small ways to make a difference and one of them is **Seventh Generation Dishwashing Liquid**.

**Dishwashing Liquid Commentary:**

Seventh Generation Dishwashing Liquid is an all-natural product that is safe for the environment. The liquid is hyperallergenic, made from plant based cleaners, and free from dyes and other additives. It contains natural ingredients that help to soften the water and special cleaning agents that cut grease and make dishwashing easy.

Most people buy Seventh Generation Dishwashing Liquid due to its low impact on the environment and this is certainly a good reason to consider a purchase. But there is more to this product than environmental friendliness. It is actually very good at cleaning up any type of dish, pot, or pan and it is gentle enough to use on most any surface.

Seventh Generation Dishwashing Detergent is great for its cleaning ability and other factors. However, this is not the type of dishwashing liquid to use if your dishes are exceptionally dirty. It can handle the job eventually, but really dirty dishes are cleaned more quickly through the use of a more powerful cleaning agent and there are several brands that fit the bill.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Seventh Generation Dishwashing Detergent is a very good dish cleaning product that offers many good reasons for its use. The natural factor is most important, but this product is also very good at cleaning and other than its lack of ability with exceptionally dirty dishes, this is a very good product for your kitchen.

Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap is so much healthier

from Draper, UT

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap:

I try to buy natural and organic products for the health of my family. We unfortunately have allergies in the household to frangrance and artificial anything so this product has been wonderful to use and not worry about harming our health. My dishes certainly get cleaned well with this detergent and it's nice to have my hands not get all dry and irritated after using this product. I used to buy the "normal" liquid detergent that you find at most grocery stores but when I came across this one I knew I had to try it. I like that the price is not too bad for the value of the product. I think the brand is also a trusting one since I have used this brand in the past. I like that they are starting to carry this natural brand in other stores than just natural food stores.It's convinient to have it at a near by store =) I like that my daughter who has sensitive skin can now help me wash dishes with this soap, because it won't make her skin irritated or to break out.

Seventh Generation Dish Soap Rocks!

from Southampton, PA

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap:

The reason that I tried Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap was because one of the couponing blogs that I follow alerted me to a promotion & coupon combination that got me some seriously cheap dish detergent.  But now I am hopelessly hooked on this product!  I love how it is unscented and gentle on my sensitive skin (which spends a lot of time in a dish pan since I don't have an automatic dishwasher).  I also have found that it does a great job at cleaning up greasy or stubbornly stained dishes, pots and pans.  Soaking in a little of this stuff has made our cookie sheets look like new!  And who wouldn't love a product that also claims to be safe for the environment?

Seventh Generation Dish Soap is great!

from Rib Lake, WI

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap:

I love all things natural, and I try to live a very natural life by using natural health and beauty products, and sometimes natural household cleaning products as well... and this is one of my favorites of those!

What I like about Seventh Generation Dish Soap:

It's natural! I love that in a dish soap especially, I don't have to worry about what might be left behind in my dishes and then going into my food or drink.

It's not scented. This can be either good or bad, but I kind of like it for a change of pace. Also, this means that my dishes don't smell when I am done washing them, which is nice.

What I don't like:

This dish soap can be a bit pricey, but if you find the right coupons and the right deals it will work out to be a decent price.

My conclusion and recommendation:

This is a great product from a great natural products company and I really like it. I recommend this to anyone who is trying to live a more natural life.

A natural alternative

from Cambridge, MA

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap:

I love the powerful, strong-smelling stuff, like Dawn concentrated formulas, but I wanted to try Seventh Generation for a while because I heard it's an environmentally conscientious company and all my friends who are good housekeepers used it.  I had a coupon,so I bought a bottle (a tad big for my kitchen, but I guess it saves on packaging to have near bulk-proportioned bottles).  The first thing that I noticed aside from the large size of the bottle was that upon first whiff, there was little fragrance and no color--just a very mildly-scented clear liquid. I guess that made it seem more "natural," with less artificial coloring and fragrance additives.  Because I couldn't see the liquid well, however, combined with the bulkiness of the bottle, I ended up pouring way too much onto my sponge and wasting a ton of it on my first round.  It did the job well, though; all my dishes came out of that wash clean, including my greasy pots and pans.

from Friendswood, TX

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap:

I love this stuff. I use to always buy palmolive. I tried this seventh generation dish soap because I had been thinking about getting it for awhile and then received a coupon. So went and bought it. It smells so good. The scent is noticable right away and not to strong. It cleans my dishes just as good if not better. I do notice that I have to use a little bit more but being green and organic seems to make it worth it to me. I think I will be changing all my cleaning supplies to this brand and Method is also very wonderful. I have not tried method dish soap but the results I got from the window cleaner and all purpose cleaner helps get my vote.

7th Generation Dish Soap is great on dishes and safe for all!

from Binghamton, NY

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap:

I strive to eliminate as many chemicals from our home as possible and choose cleaning supplies that will leave the smallest environmental impact.  This is especially important to me since we live rurally and use a septic tank.  I am so impressed with the Seventh Generation cleaning products.  I have used the Seventh Generation Dish soap for years now and have not found any dirty dishes that this environmentally friendly dish soap cannot handle.  From the greasiest lasagna pan, to the most delicate glassware – everything comes out spotless!

With children in the house, I appreciate that while the soap is not intended for consumption (obviously) it is not poisonous.  The ingredients are all found in nature and won’t harm our environment.  While it costs a little bit more than the “economy” dish soap, you can often find great deals on it with coupons and rebates.  If deals are sparse, I’m willing to pay a little more for a product that is so well aligned with my values.

I am addicted to Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap

from Frisco, TX

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Soap:

I like to soak my hard-to-clean items, like toddler utensils, like sippy cups and bottles and all the little pieces that come with them. I started to notice that these items were tasting like the soap I used to soak them in. It was disgusting! I felt bad, thinking about my baby's bottles making his milk taste this way and all his baby spoons with their silicone covered scoopers. I couldn't help but think there could be worse side effects than taste, like chemicals that may affect my kids later in life. So I decided to get an odor-free, colorless soap and discovered Seventh Generation's Natural Dish Liquid Soap. I feel so much better about using this to soak my kids' stuff. There is no funny taste, no crazy chemicals and you're helping the environment so you feel warm and fuzzy inside. The only issues I have with this stuff is the price and that you need to use more when washing pots and pans, like reapply it more to your sponge or rag.