Other Kitchen Cleaners:

Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Lemongrass & Clementine Zest

Pros

Cons

Dish Washing without Hand Problems

Have lived with skin sensitivity issues for a long time and have tried different treatments. Then my doctor suggested that it could be the detergents I use when doing dishes. She had said that at the beginning but I didn't really believe that could be true. So hearing it again after I had tried everything, I decided to try it. What a difference. I've enjoyed it for more than just dishwashing. For instance, since I've used it to wash my flower vases, after a good wash and rinse -- my flowers stay fresh longer. I don't understand why, but love the fact that they last a few days -- up to a week longer.

And last week when my grandchildren came by, I ran out of bubbles for their bubble machine. I made up my own brew with Seventh Generation detergent and Voila!! it worked and everyone was happy.

The skin around my fingers use to crack --now they don't. I know gloves help alot,but there are times you don't have time for gloves -- you're cleaning up a spill or anything like that.

I am very happy with the cleaning results and find it takes the grime off everything, but is so much more mild than any other dish detergent I've ever used. Love the camomile and love the lavender.

I I did a cost comparison, and it is a great price. I've purchased extra bottles and keep them in my bathrooms for quick little cleanups as well.

And I love that it is green and that I'm doing what I can to preserve our wonderful environment

Don't like the new formula

There are two sizeable distinctions I seen with this particular new formula, a minimal of sizeable for us. We escape from your bottle of dish cleaning soap at the counter next within your sink for cleanup dishes, hands, etc. in some conditions the lid receives still left open, as well as in some conditions the cleaning soap receives messy near to the top. ordinarily that is not really a headache - any person expects some soapy "discharge" - but our headache lies from the brand new formula. once the lid is still left open, or cleaning soap receives out near to the top, this things receives dried out and really hard and turns straight into a solid, caked-on mess. This subsequently plugs in the top, producing it really hard to obtain any new cleaning soap out - so when it does look out, it are commonly implementing an enormous squirt that wastes much more cleaning soap than not. which may probably not look just like a vital deal, but when you make an effort to conserve your resources, squirting a good glob of cleaning soap lower the drain is not very helpful. neither is seeking to cope with retaining a detoxify cleaning soap bottle when it are commonly a caked-up mess. The second, as well equally as much more sizeable headache is the facts until this new method just does not detoxify dishes as well contemplating the past one did. in circumstance you may be going through oil, grease, or butter, almost everything within your dish rack may include an greasy movie - contemplating this cleaning soap just does not reduce the grease.

Seventh Generation Dish Liquid.

Comments about Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Lemongrass & Clementine Zest:

I thought this dish soap was great, until my hands broke out in horrible rashes! I have three children, so I'm really conscious about using products with chemicals in them. I started using Seventh Generation products a couple of years ago for cleaning my home, and I recently decided to try their dish liquid. I love the fact that it was all natural, but after using this dish liquid twice, my hands felt really dry. They became so dry that they began to crack and bleed. I didn't make the connection to the dish soap until a few days later. My hands started to swell up, and then they broke out in a big raised red rash. They itched and burned at the same time. After some reading online, I realized other people were having the same experience with this dish liquid. I called the company, and they told me this was actually very common. They said their dish liquids contain Sodium Laurel Sulfate, and it's very common for people to be allergic to SLS! I was very disappointed. There are other natural dish soaps that do no contain Sodium Laurel Sulfates, so it shouldn't be necessary for Seventh Generation to use it.

My favorite dish liquid soap!

This is by far my favorite dish liquid soap. After doing a fair amount of research about most of the chemicals and products that we utilize every day, I decided it was in the best interest of my health, and my children's to utilize a more Eco-friendly, all natural dish soap (along with many other products). I actually have two bottles of the dish soap, one in this lemongrass and clementine scent, and one in the free and clear, which I use to clean my babies bottles. The lemongrass is my favorite though and the clementine citrus scent is amazing! I would highly recommend this product to anyone, but especially to those who want to start utilizing all natural products! The bottle lasts forever also and the quality is good too so don't feel like you have to overuse because it is not a "traditional" dish soap! There is also a lavender scent as well, but I don't want my dishes to personally smell like lavender.

Seventh Generation Dish Liquid - Works Great

The first time I bought Seventh Generation's Dish Soap was because it was buy one get one free at my local grocery store. Although I had tried (and loved) other Seventh Generation products, I had just never thought to try this one. Now we still buy it, and just like the other products from this brand, we love it.

This dish soap works just as well as other popular brands. It suds up and cleans our dishes quite well. It even works well on cleaning grease off of dishes, which is the ultimate test.

The Lemongrass scent is my favorite, although there are several to choose from, including unscented. It is fresh and lemony, just the way dish soap "should be" at least in my mind!

The greatest thing about Seventh Generation's Dish Soap is that it is made of natural ingredients. I love not having the harsh chemicals like other brands contain in my home, and especially on the dishes that we eat from.

My husband LOVED it!

from Dacula, GA

I purchased this product on sale at my grocery store and couldn't be happier. I definitely won't mind paying full price next time around especially after my husband came to me and told me how much *he *likes it! It cleans amazingly and the smell isn't to strong, it just smells nice and clean. Not like that sickening lemon smell of most other cleaners. The price is a little high, but you don't have to use that much and it's worth it in my opinion to avoid a bit of chemical wherever possible. I also really like that for some reason, this dish soap doesn't dry out my hands. It also rinses away clean and easy after cutting through loads of grease! If you go to any grocery store with an "all natural" or "organic" section, it shouldn't be hard to find. You can also get it at Babys R Us. Also one of our local grocery stores runs specials on it pretty frequently. Bottom line: I will continue using this product and would absolutely recommend this product to a friend that was looking for a healthy alternative to conventional dish soap.

great product good for the environment

from Seattle, WA

On a recommendation of a friend I decided to try the Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid soap a couple of weeks ago and have not regretting the switch at all. While it's a bit more expensive than the traditional Dish Liquid soap I was using, this Dish Liquid soap is just as good in terms of quality - the Lemongrass and Clementine Zest smell very refreshing, it does a good job cutting through grease and overall cleans my dishes well. Plus it's natural and it's good for the environment, which got my vote. My husband was a bit sceptical at first, thinking that because it's natural it wouldn't work as well, but he has yet to make a compain. I think that even thought it's a bit more expensive, buying natural and environmentally-friendly products is the way to go, so I do not mind paying for a bit more for that.

7th Generation: Great cleaning power harnessed naturally!

from Binghamton, NY

From the greasiest lasagna pan, to the most delicate glassware - everything comes out spotless with the Seventh Generation Lemon Grass & Clementine Zest Dish Liquid! I have used the Seventh Generation Dish soap for years now and have not found any dirty dishes that this environmentally friendly dish soap cannot handle. I like to eliminate as many chemicals from our home as possible and choose cleaning supplies that will leave the smallest environmental impact. This is especially important to me since we live rurally and use a septic tank.

With children in the house, I appreciate that while the soap is not intended for consumption (obviously) it is not poisonous. The ingredients are all found in nature and won't harm our environment. While it costs a little bit more than the "economy" dish soap, you can often find great deals on it with coupons and rebates. If deals are sparse, I'm willing to pay a little more for a product that is so well aligned with my values.

Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid great for dishes and me

from Cape Coral, FL

Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid is non-toxic, hypoallergenic yet works great! Its active ingredient is plant-derived cleaning agents. I don't want to put harsh chemicals on cups and dishes that we drink and eat off of. I like that I am using a product that is safe for the environment. This product promises to cut thourgh touch grease, and when I clean greasy pans and pots, they seem to clean very easily. The fragrance is gentle yet pleasant. It is scented only with 100% whole essential oils and botanical extracts. The bottle is a generous size 25 fl. oz and seems to last quite a long time. I am trying to use more natural products and am glad to see that many stores are carrying this great product. If you too want a safe, effective product then I highly recommend it.

Did not do it for me.

from Sacramento, CA

I honestly will have to say, that I am very disappointed. I am all about natural products, and using them in lieu of non-green products. I bought Seventh Generation Liquid soap, hoping I could do my dishes, and stay "Green". I did like the smell of lemongrass, and Clementine, but the liquid did not suds up well for me. I had a few greasy dishes that I tried to clean with this soap, and it would not cut the grease, like other products. After washing, and letting my dishes dry, I still had a slight oily feeling on my dishes. It did not feel as clean as when I used dawn, or other soaps.

I definately wanted this product to work for me, but I often have saucy, greasy dishes to do, and I want a dish liquid that can handle it, and this one just did not.

Don't like the new formula

from Del Norte, CO

Seventh Generation cleans dishes the natural way!

from Waukesha, WI

Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid Lemongrass & Clementine Zest is a great all natural dish soap. I have recently switched to using all natural cleaning products so I don't expose myself or my kids to unneccessary fumes and chemicals. This dish soap works great and it's an added bonus that it is natural too! It cuts through the grease and there are plenty of sudsy bubbles to clean even the dirtiest dishes. My two year old has recently wanted to help me "clean the sink". I feel safe filling the sink with water and adding a bit of this soap and lettting her play in the bubbles and "help" me with the dishes. This dish soap also has a great scent, it's not too overpowering, but it is fresh and clean.