4.8

Pros

Cons

Love this Detergent

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Seventh Generation Liquid Laundry 2x Ultra Concentrate - Free and Clear:

For individuals concerned with the effects of products on the environment, the Seventh Generation product comes to the rescue, offering a liquid detergent that is free of perfumes and dyes while also containing only natural ingredients. And, as an added bonus, it really works as it should, cleaning your clothes deep down and giving you confidence to wear them.
Do prepare yourself to spend a little bit more for this product than what you would some of the others out there, but you also want to be ready for more powerful cleaning action for the extra money that is spent.
There isn't a smell, so the detergent can even be used on infant and toddler clothing without any worry.
The detergent produces a lot of bubbles and leaves clothes looking just as good as they did when they were put in the machine. This only enhances the longevity of your clothing so you can wear it longer!

Perfect for babies, kids, or adults with sensitive skin

Seventh Generation is the company that made me a believer that all natural and free and clear products can actually work as well as the traditional cleaning products I'm used to. I prefer scented laundry detergents, but my two year old son has eczema and gets very itchy and scratchy around the waistband of his clothes especially in the summer. I had used some Seventh Generation baby products and decided to try the laundry detergent. It sudsed up in the washer when I started it just the same as regular liquid detergents and all my clothes came out just as clean and fresh--although not scented--as they usually do. I was really impressed to find that it cleaned my laundry just as well in cold water washes as it did in hot water washes and the best part is that I have amazingly not noticed ANY flareups in my son's eczema and not noticed him itching around his waistband at ALL since I have begun using this product.

Performs just as well as regular laundry detergents

Unscented

A natural way to clean clothes

from Saint Anne, IL

Love Seventh Generation products. This liquid laundry is perfect for me. Ultra concentrate so a little goes a long way. Free and clear so my sensitive skin is not irritated when wearing my clothes. Gentle yet powerful cleaning action. Stubborn stains come clean and clothes look great. I feel good about using products that are not harmful to my family or the environment. Seventh Generation is an awesome company with lots of terrific products.

Watch out stubborn stains you have met your match because Seventh Generation liquid laundry is going to get you. In extreme cases of stains such as oil or spaghetti sauce I do pre-treat the item of clothing to ensure the garment is stain free. The detergent alone does work well on dirty laundry.

No scent which is nice. Just fresh clothes that are clean. If you want a scented laundry detergent, Seventh Generation does offer several options with various fragrance combinations.

works great

I love this detergent. It works just as well as any other detergent I have used but does not have all the toxic stuff in it. That is important to me. It also smells good. Would recommend to anyone. It also lasts a long time. The lavender scent is very nice also.

Decent Cleaning But Not For The Price

from Podunk, NY

When I look for natural based cleaning products, I am often surprised when I read the ingredients to find that often they are so similar to other regular products that I feel like I am paying extra for nothing. In the case of Seventh Generation Free and Clear 2X, I will say that it is cleaner than some detergents, but not all that different from others I have used which are much cheaper. It does a decent job but it seems a bit high in price to me.

When using this detergent, I found that it takes about the same amount that it takes with Fab or Biokleen which are not quite as expensive for the quantity purchased. It cleans decently but not quite as nice as Biokleen. It works best in warm water, and a little does go a long way. Two tablespoons or so will do our front load washer. It is important not to use too much as it does suds up quite a bit. I found that the clothes were decently clean and spots treated with it come out okay, but not as well as with some detergents. For the price point, however, I just am not sure it is worth it. The clothes are not as soft as with some detergents, but it is not supposed to have softeners so that is not really an issue in my rating of this detergent. If it was not so expensive, I would probably rate it higher, but i think I get better performance from a few cheaper detergents. If you have allergies to scents and softeners, this is probably a good choice for you to try. It seems to be a bit easier to find than some of my other favorites such as Biokleen.

There is not any scent in this detergent, so that is a good thing, instead of being an awful scent.

Very Gentle On Clothing

from Eufaula, OK

I purchased this detergent within the past month morI purcchased this detergent within the past month more or less just to give it a try. This is a very good way to not only get your clothes clean but the detergent is always very gentle on the fabric of the laundry items. I loved using it and will purchase it in the future. From time to time they do have coupons available so that is a good time to give it a shot.. I have been a Tide user for a long time, but I really like this brand better performance wise.