Other Kitchen Cleaners:

Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid

Pros

Cons

Seventh Generation Cleans Dishes Naturally

Going green and/or all natural is the current trend and it's a movement that has affected many consumer products. One of them is dishwashing liquid and one of the best all- natural dishwashing liquids is **Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid, Lavender Floral and Mint scent**, a dish cleaning liquid with a fresh scent.**Dishwashing Liquid Commentary:**Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid with Lavender, Floral, and Mint scent is an all- natural dish liquid sold in a large, white- colored, plastic bottle. The liquid itself is clear, with a scent that is minty more than anything, with slight hints of floral in the background. The liquid lathers up to a moderate level, softens water, and rinses clean quickly. This product initially attracts consumers due to its natural/green qualities and it certainly doesn't disappoint in this area. This product is derived from plant- based ingredients and it contains no toxic ingredients that could potentially harm the planet. Even the packaging gets into the "green" action: It is made from recycled plastic so when you buy Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid, you can feel confident that you are taking your green aspirations about as far as they can be taken.  Of course, the all- natural composition wouldn't mean much if the product didn't clean very well but Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid does, indeed, get the job done. Not only does this dish liquid cut through grease with ease, it even includes special ingredients that alter the ph balance of your water naturally, softening as it goes. Dishes emerge squeaky clean with Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid and the lather rinses away very quickly, with little water. One interesting fact with Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid with Lavender, Floral, and Mint is the scent that I mention above. The label indicates three dimensions to the aroma, but the one you notice the most is mint. The other scents are barely noticeable and the fact that mint is the dominant scent makes this product unique among dish cleaning agents. I can't think of any other dish liquid that is scented with mint. I was concerned at first that the minty aspects of this product would transfer to dishes and make food taste like mint, but this doesn't happen. The liquid and scent rinse away completely.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Seventh Generation makes many fine products and its Natural Dish Liquid with Lavender, Floral, and Mint is yet another to add to the Seventh Generation quality list. It cuts grease well, washes and rinses well, cleans dishes to near perfection, and offers all- natural composition. It's yet another winning product from Seventh Generation and one that earns an easy recommendation.

Expensive

The only positive thing is that this dish liquid is supposidly enviormentally friendly... Alright this stuff is expensive... It seems to be a bit thin.. and its expensive. Alright lets look at the pros it has a nice scent its safe and it works kinda in a soapy like fashion. lol. well truely if you wanted to be totally earth friendly you could take a bit of clean dry dirt and wash your cook ware... it has that abrasive nature it washes away clear and you could even do this outside in your lawn and no water waste.. goo hippies goo ... for the rest of us but the cheapest soap u can find they are all the same but the only exception i would see is if you had allergies you might want to find a mild soap. or use the dishwasher and not worry about it at all. You see im all pro earth and everything but when people make money on the basis of saving the environment and that being an excuse not to make competitive products.... is kinda wierd.. if its affordable and logical use it... try using simple vinegar or baking soda to clean everything . :)

Healthy Surprise

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

This Product is amazing. I have been using dawn all of my adult life and was very hessitant to use a new product. I was given a free sample to try and i have never looked back since. It has been a real life saver in the winter months as where i was getting cracked hands since this product came around no more cracked hands after doing dishes. It cleans incredibley well and there is no harsh chemicals i am not a person who actively seeks out green products but this one gets an A++

Tough on Grease, Not on Hands.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

Usually I buy Dawn dish soap or the generic version of dawn. It has always worked great, I once thought it was one of the thickest dish soaps. I changed my mind after I tried this Seventh Generation Natural Liquid Dish Soap Lavender. It was actually more sudsy than Dawn is, and just as effective. I had a coupon for this, so I actually spent less on it than I would have Dawn. The best part of using this dish soap wasn't just how great it cleans, as it really seems to cut through grease and grime. It was how it didn't irritate my hands the way Dawn does. My hands are usually red and irritated after washing dishes several times a day. They weren't as dry and chapped, however, when I used this. It's a great product, that smells awesome. I just wish it wasn't so high. I know Seventh Generation is a more natural brand, but I don't think it's worth the extra money. I will definitely be buying this whenever I have coupons, as it's tough on grease, not your hands.

An eco friendly cleaner that truly works

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

While I try to buy eco friendly when I can, I don't tend to use the eco friendly cleaners because they just don't work as well. I received a free sample of Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid and figured I might as well try it. I was at first put off by how runny it was, but quickly realized it didn't effect the power of the dish liquid. The suds truly last forever and it is just as powerful as the big name cleaners. A tiny bit goes a long way with this dish washing liquid, which makes a pretty good value. My dishes are sparkling clean with no residue or spots, it isn't harsh on my hands, and I don't have to keep adding liquid to the water or sponge. It makes me feel great that I can purchase a product that is good for the environment and still get a product that is really effective at its purpose. I am also in love with the scent It is quite pleasant and refreshing and makes washing dishes just a little bit less painful.

Good for everyday, but needs some elbow grease for a real mess!

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

Due to environmental concerns and sensitive skin, in my household we try to buy natural cleaning products whenever we can. For a long time, natural dishwashing liquids were the worst, so I didn't have much hope when we first tried Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised; for everyday dishes, pots and pans, it does a good job of getting everything clean without drying my skin, and it has a very pleasant, clean scent that isn't overwhelming. However, for tougher jobs like a lasagna pan with baked-on sauce and cheese, or a roaster with the grease of a roast, a lot of hot water and elbow grease may be needed to get the dishes really clean. We often run those types of dishes through the dishwasher, so our handwashed dishes are often more delicate things like wine glasses, for which Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid is a great choice.

Everyone should be using this dish soap!

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

Oh, how I would love to see all those bottles of toxic dish soap on peoples' kitchen sinks across America replaced by Seventh Generation! It has a pleasant, fairly mild smell that doesn't offend my senses (I'm very picky about scented products), and it cuts grease and cleans just as well as Dawn or any other national brand. You even get those good soapy suds that make you feel like you're getting things clean! The only downfall is that it does tend to "gunk up" -- the hole it comes out of is small and sometimes gets gummy. At first I tried squeezing the bottle harder to remove the blockage (and ended up wasting soap), but now I've started keeping a toothpick in the windowsill by the sink. It would be nice not to have to do that -- to go to squeeze and all would be clear -- but the trade-off for the environment and the peace of knowing that I'm using a non-toxic product on my family's dishes is priceless.

Seventh Generation Lavender Dish Soap | Smells & Works Great

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

After buying and loving two other varieties of Seventh Generation's Natural Dish Liquid, I decided to give the Lavender & Mint one a try. Not surprisingly, I love it too!

Like the others that I have tried, this Seventh Generation product does a great job of balancing the importance of using good natural ingredients with having a highly effective product. It's so nice not to have to choose one or the other. This soap works really well, even on greasy dishes. It suds up really nicely and even cleans those impossible baked-on stains with a little scrubbing.

The Lavender & Mint variety is a wonderful smelling combination of relaxing and invigorating scents. Although I'm partial to lemon dish soap in the kitchen, this is a close second.

This product works just as well as other traditional products, and I love that it is more natural and better for my family to be around.

Works Great and Lasts Long

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

This dish soap lasted a very long time and was gentle on my hands.It also is a fulfilling product to use since it is all natural and this company goes a long way to promote earth-friendly lifestyles. The scent is soft and all products by seventh generation are really great!

Unfortunately contains sulfates

from Ripley, OK

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

I really like and trust other Seventh Generation products. Thus, I was a little uneasy when I read the ingredients list on this soap and found that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate was listed as a main ingredient. I know that there is a little controversy about this chemical, and I am aware that it is naturally-derived. However, the safety of the ingredient is still in question.

On the other hand, the product works very well and it smells great!

All-in-all, I decided to use the remainder of the bottle to make bubbles for my kids to play with outdoors.

Natural and Safe

from Ulster Park, NY

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

If you are looking for a safe cleaner, with all natural ingredients, this is it! The smell is wonderful and is from actual lavender and mint, not artifical ingreidents. This cuts grease like an other dish soap and is soft on hands and safe for you.

Nice green product, kind of expensive

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Seventh Generation Lavender Floral & Mint Natural Dish Liquid:

I admit that I don't use as many eco-friendly products as I probably should, mostly because of the price and because it can be difficult to find "green" products that seem to work as effectively and efficiently as ones that are not so green. I am often willing to give Seventh Generation products a try, though, because they are priced more reasonably than other green options (although still not cheap) and there are often coupons available. I have tried this dishwashing liquid a few times and have generally been satisfied but not totally sold enough to buy it (at full price) on a consistent basis. It has a nice scent, does the washing job sufficiently, and isn't totally out of my budget. At the same time, as some others have said, I found that I had to use more of it in order to get my dishes as clean as I prefer, which does not help the fact that it's a little pricier than other products. I don't mind buying it again the next time I can combine a coupon with a great sale price.