3.8
Seventh Generation

3.8

Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner: Going Green in the Kitchen

**Seventh Generation Kitchen...Read complete review

**Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner**www.seventhgeneration.com                                          **   ***** Made in the U.S.A. *******I love this quote from the label:**"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." ** From the Great Law of the Iroquois ConfederacyLike many families, our family is going green and trying to consider the environment while we're trying to keep our own little world clean.  Seventh Generation makes a full line of green cleaning products and laundry products.  I purchased the 32 oz. spray bottle of Seventh Generation Natural Citrus Scent Kitchen Cleaner.  The label claims that it is non-toxic, biodegradable, has no chlorine, petroleum based glycol ethers, phosphates, acids, caustics, dyes or perfumes.So what does Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner have in it?hydrogen peroxide (active stain removal ingredient)biodegradable surfactants (for soil removal)citrus oil (for grease removal)food-grade non-toxic oxygen stabilizers (to help the hydrogen peroxide last longer)waterI have been very pleased with Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner for my counter tops, sinks and oh yes, that great "wall splatter" that is the blessing of having little hands helping out in the kitchen.  (For that matter, I think I get "wall splatter" when Mr. Big Hands helps out in the kitchen too.)  The citrus scent is extremely light so if you're attached to an overpowering citrus smell after you clean your kitchen, then this may not do it for you.  Me, I like to just know the kitchen is clean and light a [Vanilla Lime candle][1] if I want a yummy smell.**The Proof in Pudding for me the Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner works:**I generally don't wait until my kitchen is grimy to clean it but I used it outside of my kitchen this week with great results.  We have a Child Life Play System.  It has swings, slides, climbing walls and so on.  It also has a ball hanging from a rope that kids can climb on and swing.  Some engineering type chose to make this ball white.  When it rains, grease from the attaching gizmo drips down onto the white ball which is ugly and scary to the person who washes the kids clothes.  In the past, I've tried other popular cleaners and they lightened the grease streaks but did not remove them.  In desperation, this week I gave it go with the green cleaning product.  After spraying on Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner and rubbing with a wet Brillo pad, the grease was gone.  Mama was happy!***My Viewpoint:***Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner works well in my kitchen and even cuts grease on my outdoor playground equipment.  It's non-toxic and has no chlorine so if your family is  going green, Seventh Generation cleaning products are a brand to consider.

[1]: http://http://www.viewpoints.com/Yankee-Candle-2-Wick-Cylinder-Candles-review-6fbd7

Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner: Good, Safe Cleaning

Going green is easy when there are so many options from which to choose. And cleaning products do, indeed, present a large number of green options with some manufacturers offering green versions of familiar brands. Then, there are others that exclusively green and probably the best known green business is Seventh Generation. Its **Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner** is one of dozens of Earth- friendly products it manufactures. Let’s take a look:

**Cleaner Facts and Commentary:**

Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner is a safe, mild cleaner free from harsh chemicals and other things that may harm the environment. The cleaner is housed in a trigger- spray package making it easy to apply and it requires no rinsing- just spray, wipe, and the job is done.

Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner disinfectants 99.99% of germs and it certainly earns props for its safety and lack of harmful ingredients. Also, while it is designated as a kitchen cleaner, it can be used in other areas of the house as well. It can clean just about any non- porous surface in any part of the house.

Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner is a good cleaning agent, but I must admit that it doesn’t clean up with the vengeance I have seen from other all- purpose cleaners. Where it is weakest is on grease. It doesn’t cut through the grease and break it up like other cleaners. It dissolves grease slowly, although its cleaning ability in other areas is good.

**My Bottom Line:**

I like the Seventh Generation business but this, Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner, is not one of the company’s greatest hits. It is safe on the environment but its cleaning ability is only average and its price is above average. It is okay, but there are better options available.

Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner: Good, Safe Cleaning

from Houston, TX

**Cleaner Facts and Commentary:**

**My Bottom Line:**

from Gibsonville, NC

Comments about Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner:

Well I must say I have finally found a product at Harris Teeter to enjoy the smell and the quality of the product.  I was not sure how seventh generation would be but it has thumbs up from me.  I love the smel.  I have asthma and have to be really careful about the products I use in my household.

Seventh Generation kitchen cleaner good and safe all over

from Burbank, IL

Comments about Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner:

I have kids and this product is great for cleaning after them on the run and have to worry about them touching this or that. It has no bad chemicals to harm anyone.

I like it for the kitchen not just because it disinfects the surfaces, but also I like the smell of the natural herbs in it.

It makes my kitchen smell like good food when not cooking. I used it on my appliances and it didn't leave streaks which is good, since you don't have to use a special cleaner for that too.

If you have a wood floor the smell is not bad afterwards but you will not get the shine clean you are looking for. I like that it is so safe you don't have to wipe two or three times to remove access cleaner. On the other hand I wish it is the only cleaner to use for multi purposed in the kitchen. For example: you can not use it cut grease or mirrors.

over all I like it and I bought all the kinds of it. I feel very safe when I use it and happy that I am helping not harming our water supply on earth.

Stinks, but works

from Wayne, MI

Comments about Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner:

**Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner has a very strong odor that is quite offensive, but it certainly does the job it is intended for.  I was given a coupon to try the product, so I did.  I do like that it is natural and safe for my chidlren so I can use it on everything from the floor to the table to the babies high chairs when needed.**

**One day, while cleaning my NASTY stove, I thought I would give it a try on the grime and build up a stove has to offer.  I sprayed on teh stove, let it set for a while, and started to rub with a kitchen rag.  I was completely shocked when the grime and grit that was caked on my stove came up so easily.  SInce there were several spots that it wouldn't come up, I sprayed the **Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner on the stove and let it set over night.  In the morning I used a magic eraser to finish the job.  I was so pleased with how this product worked that I will be sure to buy more once it is all gone.****

Kills Germs and is Safe for the Kids

from Strongsville, OH

Comments about Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner:

**Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner is a great kitchen cleaner.  The smell is amazing!  It makes me feel great knowing that I am still killing 99.99% of germs in my kitchen, yet I am using a cleaner that is safe to use around my children.  I use **Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner on all of my laminate counter tops, marble kitchen table, and stainless steel sink and faucet.  It works great on any kitchen surface.  I know that **Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner is gentle enough to use around children so it is the only cleaner I use to clean the highchair and booster seat for my two and four year olds.  A lot of cleaners also claim to kill 99.99% of germs but have a horrible bleach-like smell.  I feel like a much better mom when I use **Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner because it is healthier for my children as well as for the environment we all live in.  I would definitely recommend this product to friends!********

Great for moms of little ones

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner:

I'd never tried Seventh Generation products before, but as the mom of a soon-to-be-toddler, I knew I needed to start using a safer cleaning product in the kitchen.  This kitchen cleaner smells like lavender and thyme, which is an odd smell to get used to, but its ingredients are easy to read and are safe for my little one.  You do need to rinse surfaces with a wet rag to ensure no ingestion of the product, but it makes me feel like I'm doing better than using any other chemicals to clean my kitchen.  Now that I've tried this cleaner, I am looking forward to trying other Seventh Generation products, such as bathroom cleaners, detergents, soaps, and maybe even some of the baby essentials like diapers and wipes.

There are often coupons and sales for these items, so watch your newspapers and sale flyers!  Then you will be keeping your family safe and clean as well as saving money.  Bottom line:  great products for safe homes!

Excellent cleaning with no worries!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner:

This is one of those little things I'm willing to pay for.  I am completely devoted to Seventh Generation products.  They make chemical free cleaning products for those of us concerned about exposure but just as concerned about cleanliness.

I believe it works just as well as the chemical cleaners without the fumes.  I can use it anywhere, not just the kitchen.

Works well but smells STRONG

from Jackson, WY

Comments about Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner:

I love Seventh Generation products, so I was excited to try Seventh Generation's Kitchen Cleaner.  I also used it on the bathroom counters.  It cleans well; I have had a lot of luck with 7th Generation, which is why I continue to buy them.  My favorite scent is the Lavendar, but I thought I would try this because it cleans with natural Thyme oil, and I thought that was innovative and eco friendly.  It has a very strong smell, however.  I live in a studio apartment and the whole apartment smelled very, very strongly.  I had to open most of the windows, in fact.  I have a sensitivity to some cleaning products, which is one of the reasons I like Seventh Generation - they don't put the nasty chemicals in everything, and it's easier to use than making my own cleaning products all of the time.  This kitchen cleaner was too strong for me, however, and I don't think I'll be using the rest of the bottle, unfortunately.  I will definitely continue to buy 7th Generation, especially since they don't test on animals, but I won't buy this kind again.

Smells like an herb garden exploded in my house

from Valley Center, KS

Comments about Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner:

I got several coupons for a free bottle of Seventh Generation All Purpose cleaner, and since I'm on such a tight budget, and just ran out of Lysol, I jumped on it. Seventh Generation claims this product "*Kills 99.99% of Germs Botanically with Thymol (Thyme Oil)".* To get the disinfecting power, you have to spray it on and let it set for ten minutes while it dries. No biggie as far as the actual use and cleaning. It cleaned glass perfectly, and I'm assuming it did the job just fine on my other bathroom surfaces*.* But it stinks to high heaven! That Thyme Oil is apparently full strength. It was so strong, and the smell lingered all day long. I used it for a while, but as soon as I could afford something more traditional, I stopped using it, and I donated all the unused bottles to my local food bank. It's great that they're good for the environment, but it sure made my house an unpleasant environment.**

Seventh Generation is a good start to green cleaning products.

from Bountiful, UT

Comments about Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner:

I bought a bunch of Seventh Generation cleaning products when they were doing a rebate on them, so I got them all for free.  However, I don't plan on buying any more of their products after I am done using them.

My main problem with them is the smell! The thyme is so strong after I spray and wipe the counters that it almost makes me gag! I ended up giving two of the bottles away to my friends who said they didn't mind the smell so maybe it's just me!

The cleaner itself worked great at cutting through grease and left my counters nice and smooth so I can't complain about the product not working, which is why I gave it three stars.  If only they could tone down the smell or add different essential oils to make it more fruity smelling, I would be more inclined to purchase it and use it in my Kitchen.

Overall, I think it's great that companies are creating green products for cleaning, but the smell makes me want to find a different product.