3.9

Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner

3.9

Pros

Cons

Meanwhile, back upstairs in my OWN turf ...

The Lysol Disinfecting Wipes may be our weapon of choice down in the community laundry room but here's another great option for my own turf ... **Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Purpose Cleaner in the Lemongrass and Thyme scent**.

**WHAT THIS IS**:

**Seventh Generation Disinfecting Lemongrass and Thyme Multi-Purpose Cleaner** is basically an upscale, eco-friendly version of Windex or Fantastiik which is guaranteed to kill 99.99% of germs botanically. The active Ingredient of Thymol (a component of Thyme Oil %0.05) combines with a list of inactive Ingredients including Citric Acid, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Silicate, Polyaspartic acid, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, PPG 10 Laureth 7, Sodium Percarbonate, protease and amylas, Sodium Aluminosilicate, Essential Oil, Botanical Extracts of, Water in a heroic mission to vanquish nasty germs which can not only make us sick but may also cause harmless but unpleasant odors.

**MY VIEWPOINT**:

When I fir st opened this bottle of **Seventh Generation Disinfecting Lemongrass and Thyme Multi-Surface Cleaner**, there was no shortage of things to be cleaned in my kitchen but I first pitched it against the biggest challenge -- a USO (Unidentified Spilled Object) which had baked by heat onto the top of my stove. Most multi-surface cleaners wouldn't have dented something like that but I was curious to see what would happen. Imagine my amazement when -- a few minutes later -- I was able to effortlessly wipe the splotch up without added hot water and not much elbow grease! Like most eco-friendly products, this one costs a tad more than comparative cleaners but HEY, I know a good thing when I see it!

Works very well!

I thought it had a nice, fresh scent. Nothing artificial or overpowering here.

Too noxious to use, not worth the good karma

I used this product when I worked as a house keeper. The gentlemen I cleaned for had even more sensitivities and allergies than I do, and he insisted on all natural cleaners. The smell of this product is so intense he once reprimanded me, believing I had accidentally used something stronger with "chemicals" in it. I showed him the bottle and he relented. The herbs producing the anti bacterial effect are also more potent on odor than Lysol or Comet, except it's more likely to irritate your nose and bronchial tube than it is to cause dizziness and poisoning the way stronger cleaners do. Still, ventilate ventilate ventilate. And rinse well. This stuff leaves a residue. I prefer it for counters and sinks, but not floors. Even just using it to spot clean, it would leave a residue, even after scrubbed with a wet sponge. I never liked using it, and if it got on my hands it sucked the moisture out of them dramatically and caused irritation. It didn't seem as effective as it should have been for how potent it seemed to be. I never purchased this for myself, only for work. I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it. This is a usually excellent brand, and it is easily the most eco friendly all purpose cleaner out there. But honestly my kitchen pantry has a few time honored house hold cleaners that are more effective without the noxious smell and the high price. This brand is surprisingly common now, even in local pharmacies. But try their other products. This one doesn't do their company justice,

Greener cleaning!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner:

I just tried this Seventh Generation disinfecting Multi-surface cleaner because I've heard great things about Seventh Generation cleaners.
I love the fact that this cleaner can be used on different surfaces. I like to use it on the kitchen countertops, bathroom sinks and countertops and in the laundry room. I love how versatile this cleaner is because I don't like having a separate cleaner for every area because it takes up too much space. Having a good Multi surface cleaner is crucial in my house!
I also really like that this product is "green." I care about the environment so knowing I'm doing something good for the environment is a plus in my book! I also feel safer using this on my countertops in the kitchen because it doesn't have harsh chemicals in it.
The best part is that this cleaner actually works very well! It eliminates odors and makes wiping gunk off my countertops easier. I love how it disinfects and cleans mutually. The smell is a little strong until you get used to it but now I love the smell, it makes the kitchen and bathroom smell really fresh!
Overall, this is a really great product from a really great brand!

The smell of this cleaner could be better.

from West Virginia

Comments about Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner:

I bought this product because it is all natural and it has an antibacterial agent in it. The first thing I love about this cleaner is that I can either spray it in a mist or a stream. The mist comes out evenly and doesn't over-spray. The stream tends to deposit too much cleaner but it's good for when I am needing a lot of disinfecting power on my stove or table.

This cleaner is very versatile. I can use it on my table to clean up after I prepare chicken and pork and I can use it on my range to clean up the stove top. I love that it cleans and disinfects at the same time. I can use this in my kitchen and bathroom without worrying about it causing any harm to my family or my pets.

The natural agents in this cleaner make it great to use around pets and kids. Both pets and kids are always putting something in their mouth and I don't like worrying that the chemicals I use to clean with may be harmful.

The only downside I can see to this cleaner is the smell. I hate it. It smells very herbal and woodsy. It's not pleasant to me.

This isn't as harsh or strong as chemical ridden formulas but it's a safe alternative. It disinfects and cleans. It's not great for windows though.

I am not a fan but thankfully the scent fades quick.

Too noxious to use, not worth the good karma

Seventh Generation

Comments about Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner:

The Seventh Generation Disinfecting cleaner is not great. I bought some of this cleaner when I was pregnant because I didn't want to use cleaners with harsh chemicals. I did a lot of research, and I decided that Seventh Generation was the safest. The first time I used it, I sprayed it on my kitchen counter tops. I noticed a slight lemon smell, but it wasn't strong at all. I wiped down the counter, and it was clean. It wasn't that dirty to begin with, but this cleaner made it shiny. About an hour later, my husband cam home and asked me what the horrible smell in the kitchen was. I went in there, and I could smell it too. It almost smelled like a cat had peed in the kitchen. After using this cleaner a couple of more times, I realized that's the smell it makes when it dries. If they could find a way to improve the smell, I would buy it again.

It does a pretty good job at cleaning areas that aren't too dirty.

The smell is the reason I will not be buying it again.

Overall Great Product!

Comments about Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner:

I tried this product on a whim, as I got a great deal on it with a sale and a coupon. But, I fell in love with it! I love having a more natural cleaner that doesn't make my house smell like fumes. And I feel that it's safe enough for my kids to use to clean with as well. It does a great job and while the smell isn't the best, it's much better than the harsh chemicals I was using! The only problem I have with this product is that I can no longer find it in local stores and it's rather expensive when you find it online. I hope that eventually it will become a regular on most store's shelves so that it is easier to find this great product!

It does just as good of a job as the harsh chemicals I was using! Leaves my surfaces clean!

The smell isn't bad, but it's not great either! It doesn't knock you out, or overwhelm you, but it's not very subtle either. If you love the smell of lemongrass you will love the smell of this product!

good cleanning power without the nasty chemicals

Comments about Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner:

I like to use cleaning products which are environmentally safe, do not contain harsh chemicals but at the same time are strong. This one gets the job done. I use it to clean my counter, my stove top, my kitchen sink. I am not sure if it is really abrasive (sp?) enough to clean really tough stains, since I have not made any yet--I have to admit I bought some stronger bleach-based cleaners also just to have in case I need them. I don't really dig the scent though. It is lemongrass-citrus. The citrusy smell is nice but lemongrass just reminds me a Thai food (I like to eat Thai food but not smell it while I am cleaning). In general I like buying Seventh Generation products because not only does the company make toxin-free, environmentally safe products but they also lobby for stronger laws to protect the environment. They also make a lot of donations to different non-profits. It is so awesome that now you can find their products not only in your local food coop but also at the supermarket or Target.

Effective, affordable, and smells great

Comments about Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner:

I bought this product because I was looking to purchase a "green" alternative to normal household cleaners. I was not disappointed with this Seventh Generation Surface Cleaner!

For one, it is very effective at disinfecting, wiping up spills, and cleaning off surfaces. It works great with all types of cleaning materials- dishrags, paper towels, etc. It absorbs quickly and does not leave the surface sticky.

In addition, I find that is does not have your typical "cleaner' smell. This cleaner has a bit of a scent, but it is subtle and actually pleasant. I appreciate this because I don't have to cough or have my throat bothered when I am cleaning.

Lastly, the price and availability can't be beat! This cleaner is one of the only green or natural cleaners that can be found at my local drugstore. I appreciate this because I can just go out and get it at the store without having to break the bank or order online.

can't get past the smell

from Silverdale, WA

Comments about Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner:

I decided to try this brand because i have heard great things about Seventh Generation and wanted to try a natural approach to cleaning. I am sure this cleaner does a great job and does what it is intended to do, but I just can't get past the Lemongrass scent. I didnt smell the previous scent they had out, but on this bottle it stated this was a "new" scent. For those of you who like lemongrass, this may be a great cleaner for you.

Horrible smell!

from Lake Charles, LA

Comments about Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner:

This is the worst smelling cleaning product I have ever used. It isn't very good at cutting grease not dirt and grime. I like to use natural cleaners but I won't buy this one again!

Not very effective.

Offensive smell

Cleans well, but not a refreshing smell

from Fletcher, NC

Comments about Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner:

I love Seventh Generation cleaning products because they are all natural, will not harm my children when they use the surfaces I have just cleaned and they clean well. Other products suggest/ or require a wipe down of the surface with a paper towel after cleaning with it. I want to trust what I am putting on my counters to be safe and not have to add an extra step. What I do not like about Seventh Generation's Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner is it's odor.
It cleans very well. I use a cloth with it and spray my kitchen countertops, bathroom counters, the back of all my toilets and other surfaces. I do not use it on a wood surface. The bottle of cleaner lasts a long time because you do not have to use a lot of it each time you clean.
Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner is definitely a cleaner to have in your supply.
I do not let my children clean with this product even though I say it safe for children. It is safe for them to play and touch the surfaces that have been cleaned with it, but I do not want anyone to think it's safe to hand them a bottle of cleaner!