3.7
Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes

Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes

3.7

7th Gen wipes arent perfect, but a good option for natural wipes

We've been using these wipes since our daughter was born two years ago, and now also use them on our infant son.  They are a good, more natural choice for those who want to avoid the chemicals found in traditional wipes from Huggies and Pampers.

I agree with some of the common complaints about these.  The wipes are small and thin, and you do have to use several to clean up messier diapers.  I actually keep a small spray bottle of water on hand to help with the big messes.  They also don't have the usual fragrance of most baby wipes.  Although it is mild and I wouldn't say that their odor is gross, it isn't really a nice scent, either, but I'm fine with that trade-off because many of the worst chemical offenders are found in fragrances.

I also question some of the practices of Seventh Generation, a brand I previously trusted.  For example, to save money last year they started putting fewer wipes in each pack instead of raising the cost of the exisiting packs.  I know that this is a common trend among baby companies, but from a "green" company I was very disappointed to see them make a decision that requires more packaging overall.  I would have hoped that they would attempt to reduce packaging instead.  Also, I recently found out that now their dish soap label states that it includes SLS, whereas before it just had a vague reference to coconut-based cleansers.  I realize that is not directly related to baby wipes, but I do feel less inclined to trust Seventh Generation as a "green" company.

However, I do believe that these are a better choice then their traditional counterparts from Huggies and Pampers, and I do prefer these wipes to other "green" brands like Earth's Best.  So, for the most part, these continue to be our exclusive baby wipe brand.

Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes are so-so

Now called "Free and Clear" rather than "Chlorine Free", I bought these wipes because they do not contain chlorine, alcohol, dyes, synthetic fragrances, parabens or phthalates. I use them for small children (no babies at this time!), pets, and even myself. Unfortunately, they didn't last long before they became moldy. About three months.

I would have rated them very poor if not for the wonderful customer service. I contacted customer service through their website where I was even able to attach a photo of the moldy wipes. Although they kind of accused me of contaminating them (I dispensed them from the top, one or two at a time), they quickly sent me another package which I've been using for a month and they are still good so far. Interestingly enough, although they told me they had never encountered this problem with moldy wipes before, one of the "reasons" on their drop-down menu included "bacterial contamination/mold" so I'm thinking this is not their first experience with moldy wipes.

To be fair, maybe if you were using them for a baby you would be using them up much more quickly than I do. Still, I've had other brands of baby wipes last 6 months or more without getting moldy, but they may have contained alcohol. These don't, which is a great selling point for me, but I dare say I give them a sniff before using them.

Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes are so-so

from Tampa, FL

Great natural wipes!

from Columbus, NJ

Comments about Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes:

My daughter used to get really irritated from diapers and wipes. I tried many different brands of diapers and wipes and found that Seventh Generation wipes and diapers are by far the best!!! No more diaper rash!! Yay! My daughter and I are much happier! The fact that they are natural puts me at ease knowing that chemicals are not getting into my baby's body. I love that the are chlorine-free, preservative -free, everything that you don't want near your baby's skin-free! They have a nice, light, fresh scent. They also work very well, too. They are not as thick as Huggies wipes, but definitely worth the trade-off. I have only great things to say about Seventh Generation products! I highly recommend these wipes!

wasn't crazy about these wipes

Comments about Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes:

I defintiely like seventh generation products but I was not thrilled with the wipes. They have a weird texture nd do not feel like they clean at all. The scent is fine because they really have no scent but they are not effective in cleaning the butt. They are fine if you are going to use them on face and hands because they are gentle and sensitive but they are not useful in cleaning diapers. They also are really hard to tear apart and I like to tear them in half when I use them and I found it to be really difficult with these. They are also not cheap so the only reason I got them was because I had a coupon. However I had tried the diapers fro seventh generation and I really liked those and would get again.

GREAT idea, but so-so quality.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes:

I absolutely love everything that Seventh Generation stands for, so I desperately wanted to love their wipes as much as I love their environmental morals and ethics, along with their stance on chemical-free living. Unfortunately, these wipes do fall somewhat short on quality versus other wipes. They are quite thin, but I can deal with that since that is common problem among many brands of wipes. My main issue is the dryness of the wipe - you really have to work at getting stubborn bowel movements off. The thinness combined with the dryness means using an excessive amount of wipes for the nastier, bigger messes. I really hope they perfect a chemical-free wipe because I would definitely stick solely with Seventh Generation wipes if that was the case.

I love Seventh Generation products!

from Monongahela, PA

Comments about Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes:

My son is two years old and he has extemely sensitve skin. We have tried almost every brand of diaper wipes that were availble to us and he had horrible reactions to all them! We decided to try out thes wipes since they were also chlorine free and had the aloe and vitamin E in them. They work amazingly well! They do not have any kind of harsh smell and they leave no residue on him what-so-ever. They are also a great price! They are super soft yet strong at the same time. My son has not had one single diaper rash since we started using the wipes. Thay come in small packs or big boxes so you can decide witch size is right for you. I like to use them in conjunction with the seventh generation diapers as well. The fact that these are all organic made me want to purchase this item the next time i run out as well. In conclusion, Seventh Generation Brand wipes can deffinitly be trusted and they have great products that are safe to use!

Good for baby and environment!

from Cheyenne, WY

Comments about Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes:

I bought these wipes online and didn't do any research prior to that purchase. I was used to using the Pamper's wipes that are thick and filled with chlorine.

I wanted to get some wipes that would be safe to use on the baby's skin when I wasn't using our cloth wipes. I wanted some that I knew he would be okay with if he dumped out yet another tub of wipes.

I bought the 7th Generation wipes mainly because they were on sale and were biodegradable and were good for the skin. What I was expecting was a higher quality like a lot of the 7th Generation hand soaps, etc and what I got was a wipe that was so thin that I actually use more than I would of any other brand. They leave my baby clean but they are expensive for what they are.

I like how good they are for the skin and the environment and I like what the company stands for but I probably won't buy these again unless the quality improves. But, I think that could be hard to do and still be eco-friendly.

Seventh Generation Unscented Baby Wipes have my vote.

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes:

I prefer organic products.  This includes not only food and drink but especially cleaning and cosmetic products.  Seventh Generation Unscented Baby Wipes is organic and for-fills it's job without any residue or unwanted scent, preventing also the chance of any skin irritation, which can be problem with a non-organic and/or scented product.  I've been using this particular product for many years and am highly satisfied with the result.  The wipes are also sturdy and thick enough to clean satisfactory.  It's well worth the higher cost compared to other brands.

Great wipes with some problems

from Lynnwood, WA

Comments about Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes:

I wanted so badly to give these wipes a 5 out of 5, but I simply couldn't do it.  To begin with I'll mention all the things I love about the Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Wipes and then I'll get into the cons.

First off I use these very frequently on my son for cleaning up messes.  They do an ok job of getting all the BM off of his body, but not better or worse than other wipe brands.  The thing I do love most about them is the fact that they are healthier than other baby wipes out there.  My child is very prone to diaper rash so I have to actively combat it using whatever I can.  Not using heavily chemicaled wipes is one way and Seventh Generation helps me with that.

Though I wanted so badly to love these, here are the issues I did have with them.  To begin with they are a little one the dry side.  Right out of the plastic when you first open the package it is not an issue, but the instant the wipes are exposed to air they start to dry out and quickly.  The other downside is that they are expensive.  I find them on sale fairly frequently and combine with coupons to make it a little more managable, but without these it would be too much for my family to afford.

Dry wipes make it difficult to clean up baby's mess

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes:

A truly ironic situation: I bought these to try out a more eco-friendly baby wipe product, but I don't see how they help the environment -- or my wallet! -- when I have to use so many to get the job done! I found this wipes to be extremely dry and kinda small. It took several of the wipes to adequalty clean my son during diaper changes, probably due to both the size and the dryness of the wipes. The wipes there also on the thin side and didn't seem to have any texture to the surface to help clean up the baby's mess.

These wipes don't have a smell (that I can discern), and the package is a good size to take with you if you prefer to have an entire package of wipes when you travel rather than a travel sized package. But I wouldn't take these with my anywhere. They were just inadequate to get the job done.

These wipes are usually a little more expensive than store brands and the premium brands. I'm all for products that are more earth friendly, but only when they perform the way I need them to. Save your money on these wipes. I don't think they're worth it.

Seventh Generation wipes not worth the money

from Camas, WA

Comments about Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes:

These wipes are not worth the money.  I am glad that I got these for free with coupons and a sale or it would have been a waste of money.  The original price of these wipes are very pricey for the quanity you get from them.  These wipes were horrible to get out of the package and were not that moist either.  Not enviromentally friendly when you want to use one wipe and pull out five. The had a weird smell to them as well.  Also they were very thin baby wipes.    Not looking for a super thick one but need a wipe that will not fall apart in your hand. I was expecting more from this brand hoping that they would give me a better product.

I was hoping that this product was going to be a good product.  Since my son was born I wanted to get more earth friendly products.  This is a good company with great products but don't get the wipes.  You will waste your money and get fustruated with this product.