Other General Household Cleaners:
Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus

Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus

Pros

Cons

Such a good smelling cleaner!

I found a bottle of Seventh Generation at a discount store one day and the price was too good to pass up. The very first time I tried it I was very impressed with how well it cleaned. Some cleansers you have to spray, wipe, spray some more, wipe some more, and that gets old and expensive because of how much you hvae to use. With this cleaner that was no needed. It cleaned up even the messiest gunk off my stove in no time and with fewer sprays. I ended up trying it all over the kitchen, the batrooms and on some furniture. It worked really well on all of them. The only thing it did not do well on was glass. The fragrance was so nice too. Even my husband noticed how clean the house smelled when he came in and sked what I had been using. I think the best hing is knowing that it is gentle on my hands and safe to use around kids and pets. If they accidentily get into some of the spray it's not going to harm them as quickly as other cleansers might. It's just a very good cleanser. But I do wish without a couon or a discount store the price was just a little lower.

Not my favorite natural disinfecting cleaner

When my daughter was born I really wanted to find the best way to clean and disinfect out house without using chemicals that could be harmful to her. She has always been my little shadow and I didn't want her breathing in anything bad for her.
Seventh Generation's All Purpose Cleaner was one of the options I tried out. Since Seventh Generation is a leader in earth friendly products, I'm sure that it was disinfecting the surfaces I used it to clean. And I'm not sure I'll be able to explain this well, but it just felt like it left behind a residue. It wasn't anything I could see, but the surfaces never felt truly clean. It was like there was some kind of film left behind.
I worked well enough to remove the things I wanted removed, dirt in the mud room, food spills in the kitchen, only God knows what in the bathroom, etc. But I just didn't like the way the surfaces felt after I used it.

This cleaner smelled alright to me. It doesn't have the best scent of the natural cleansers I've tried.

A good product

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

I am pretty impressed with the cleaning power of seventh generation all purpose cleaner in citrus. This is an excellent all purpose cleaner for the kitchen. When I have a mess to clean up on my countertops I know that this particular product will cut through the grease and food mess to keep my kitchen sparkling! I wouldn't have normally purchased this product but I did because it happened to be on sale. It is a little pricier. I am not sure why but it seems that some natural products are so much more expensive than the ones filled with harmful chemicals. I do have a small child so it is so nice that this particular product is natural and safe to use around children. I also really thought the citrus scent was so nice. It really added a nice scent to my kitchen after I was finished cleaning. The only thing I don't love about this product is it is difficult to purchase from a local store close by. The closest store it was available in was whole foods and that is far for me. Overall I thought it was a solid product that really did a pretty great job at cleaning up hard to remove surface stains. I would recommend this product.

Great scent good clean

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

I like the fresh citrus scent because it is more natural than traditional cleaners. I like how it is made of natural ingredients yet does a good job cleaning my kitchen. This cleaner does a good job of cleaning my stove, countertops and kitchen appliances. I also feel safe cleaning my baby's highchair without worrying that she will ingest harmful chemicals. I have asthma and this cleaner doesn't not aggravate me at all.

Good for daily messes and maintenance in kitchen and bathroom because it removes dirt, fingerprints and food and isn't greasy or sticky. I like how it is gentle and environmentally friendly. It is a reliable cleaner although I prefer others with bleach.

Fresh and natural scent that is not too strong. It leaves the area smelling clean but also natural and not full of chemicals. The citrus smells so nice and brightens the room while making me happy.

This product is almost entirely naural and it does the job well.

from West Virginia

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

I really like that this cleaner is almost entirely natural and that it's derived a lot from plants. The idea of using natural cleaners is something I've more recently began to be concerned with because of pets and kids. This cleaner has a natural citrus scent to it that is very orange and lemony. It's pleasant to smell while you clean because it doesn't smell manufactured like a lot of cleaners.

The cleaner isn't as powerful as other, harsher, chemicals but it does the trick for what you get. I find that if I have tough stains on my countertops or stovetop, the best thing to do is get a scouring sponge that isn't too harsh and use it with this product. I typically let this cleaner soak in for a few minutes before cleaning and scrubbing and it seems to help significantly. I think it's nice for countertops, sinks, the shower and tub, and the kitchen table. It doesn't work so well on wood furniture and I prefer to not use it on my wood because I have a separate natural furniture polish.

This stuff does come in a spray bottle so you can set it to stream or spray. I like this because sometimes I need more product, faster. The more stuff you have caked on, the more product you'll want to use without being excessive. The product does soak in and help loosen up stuck on food. It isn't the greatest for grease but it's efficient. Usually, I'll add a dab of dish soap to the area I'm cleaning and because this is a natural product, there's no worry about chemical reactions. It's a good cleaner overall and I feel better about it being almost entirely natural.

I do have to let it soak in and use a little elbow, but for what I'm getting in the benefits of being natural, it's worth the extra scrubbing.

The scent is actually really nice. It's not chemically at all and it's quite citrusy.

Great All Around Cleaner!

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

I love this cleaner from Seventh Generation. I use it to clean and wipe down all of my kitchen and bathroom counters. I like that it is versatile and I literally can go from cleaning my kitchen counters after I cook to disinfecting my bathroom counters all with the same product. I have also used it to wipe up spills on my linoleum floors, and it has worked well in all situations. Overall, I think it is a great multipurpose cleaner to have on hand at all times.

I have Formica countertops in my kitchen and bathrooms, and I use this cleaner on a regular basis to clean and wipe down both. The cleaner leaves my counters looking shiny, and feeling clean and smooth. It does not leave behind any sort of residue and I feel confident that my countertops are clean after I wipe them down with this cleaner.

I like the scent, it definitely smells fruity, and leaves behind a pleasant scent for a while after you finish cleaning with it. I prefer the citrus smell as opposed to a chemical smell.

Not my favorite natural disinfecting cleaner

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

Gets the job done. Good for the environment and for your home.

from Allston, MA

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

Seventh Generation products have a superior cleaning quality to other "green" cleaners and they truly are a step above the rest when it comes to truly being environmentally friendly. The whole line - including laundry and personal care products - is fantastic.

Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner is great

from Danville, VA

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

As a trucker I have used many different kinds of cleaners in my truck to try to keep it clean. Many don't work or smell too strongly. I have found that Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner is the best one for me to use. I can get up the spills and mess and ash out of the truck easily with very little scrubbing involved. I enjoy the smell it leaves behind and I can stand being in the truck right after it has been cleaned without getting a headache from being overpowered. I also am glad to be using something that is safer for the environment and gentler on the surfaces in my truck. I more or less live in my truck so it is essential that I be able to keep it clean with minimal wear and tear by cleaning products. It is an easy product to find and reasonably priced.

Great cleaner and smells great

from Champlin, MN

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

One of my new year's resolutions was to start using safer products. I am trying to stay away from bleach and other harmful chemicals when cleaning my house.

I have tried a few Seventh Generation products so far and I have not been disappointed. The cleaner smells great, but not over powering. I want my house to smell fresh and clean without the bleach smell.

It works great in the bathroom where soap scum can become a problem rather quickly. I just spray it on and then wipe and my surfaces look great. I leave it on a little longer when cleaning the bathtub area and it works great there too.

I have a dog who always wants to be by me and I feel safe using this product around him.

I have also used this product to clean out my dog's kennel a few times (he just had a case of pancreatitis so his kennel was a mess a few times). I sprayed this, left it for a few minutes and when I was done wiping it up, the odor was gone.

LOVE Seventh Generation Spray!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

Seventh Generation disinfecting spray is my all time favorite cleaning spray.  I feel safer using it in my kitchen than other less environmentally friendly sprays.  It smells amazing - and I have a very sensitive sense of smell.  I had been looking for something to clean with that didn't include bleach or other harmful chemicals, and I abhor the smell of vinegar, so that was not an option.  Seventh Generation spray saved me - I use it everywhere.

If you are using it on a surface that will have direct contact with food later, you have to rewipe down the surface with water before letting the food touch it.  But, besides that, you just spray and wipe.  I have never had an issue with the bottle clogging or leaking.  On tough spots, letting it soak for a while has always worked well for me.

It isn't sold in all stores, but is starting to show up in more places.  If you look, I am sure you will find it at one store that you shop at.

7th generation is a great brand and I trust their products

from Lexington, MO

Comments about Seventh Generation All-Purpose Cleaner - Citrus:

I love seventh generation products, but I especially love this cleaning spray.  I have a dog and a baby and so the safe, natural cleaners are important for me, because I don't want any unnecessary chemicals in the house, floor, or in the air.  At first, this cleaner had a strong herby, plant smell, but I quickly got used to it, and came to really like it.  It really makes the house smell fresh and clean without the chemical smell.  I like to clean things with a disinfectant, and this product does that.  The spray bottle works well and make cleaning anything very easy.  I use it for the kitchen, the bathroom, the changing table, and anything else that needs more than water to clean it, and I don't have to worry about it being dangerous to our health.   It is not necessarily tough on big messes, but it does work great for normal, everyday use.  I love the seventh generation products and I would recommend them for anyone, especially families or homes with young children.