Other Mattresses:

Serta iComfort Sleep System

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

Back pain in the beginning.

My husband and I purchased this bed during my fourth pregnancy. During that pregnancy I could not get comfortable (which I figured was just being pregnant), and hub (he is a Military man, so that could have something to do with it) would wake up with backaches. We tried sleeping in different positions, we tried switching sides, etc. Finally after about 6 months we bought a mattress infiltrator. Since, we are able to adjust the mattress to our comfort and we have had little to no problems since.

Comfort
Could have been that hub is Military and I was pregnant; but before purchasing a bed adjuster we would wake with back pain.

Firmness
This mattress is not too soft, nor is it too firm, so hub and I were both able to agree on it.

Previous mattresses have started to 'cave-in' in the middle or the seams started to come undone, however even after two years our mattress is in great shape. (we also have three children that like to jump in our bed on Saturdays and wake us up)

This bed is bad, very bad.

We purchased a queen Insight mattress and foundation about a year ago, we hate complaining so left it too long but in any case we are very dissatisfied with this bed.
We read...Read complete review

We read reviews (do not believe the ones on the serta site, they only post good ones) we tried all brands and styles several times and this mattress felt good at the time but that all changed rapidly once we started using it.
Within a few months the mattress lost all its support, its like sleeping in quicksand with sand dunes on either side, you cant turn you cant get out and we have spent more than what the bed cost on doctors, chiropractors and physio since we got it.
Finally even we were driven to return to the store and tell them it is unusable, it has a 25 year warranty, 10 years warranty and 15 prorated so we thought it a safe investment. Only one year and its more than used up its 9 lives.
Today they came and took photos and measured the dips and hills and when they lifted the mattress off we found not only was the mattress junk but that the foundation had collapsed in a 2x4 foot section. I had never even moved the mattress off to check that, I turn the mattress around every 2 weeks but hadn't lifted it off yet.
We are seniors, we aren't heavy and we treat our bed with respect, no way this should have happened within such a short time.
I wish I had found these reviews a lot earlier, they are honest, this bed is trash, do not buy one!
We cant turn over, we cant even get out of it, when I do my knees are up on my chest and my butt feels like its on the floor. There is a huge hard high spot in the center that you cant even turn into let alone get over. I have never had so much pain in my life as since we got this bed and my husband is the same. We fight over who gets to sleep on the sofa.
The support foam underneath the memory foam must be very poor indeed to lose its resilience in such a short time
I sincerely hope they will replace this bed with something that is NOT a serta if not I will contact the BBB and file a complaint and am going to leave my review in every place that takes them so others will not go through the hell that we have.

You don't need sheep with this mattress!

from Florida

About Me Midrange Shopper

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Child's bed

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

For my daughter's 8th birthday she wanted a "big girl bed" of her very own. She had a twin size already, but she wanted a double like her brother. We looked at a ton of mattresses before deciding on this one. It is really nice, I truly believe it will hold up for years despite being jumped on and otherwise abused by children. I hated to lay in her twin size to read stories and play, but this is really comfy! Best of all, she loves it and that is the most important part!

My Review

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

The mattress was fine but became worse. I felt that I should consider writing this review to discuss with other and inform that things happen at times when sleeping on the mattress. Eventually the hardness and firmness starts to go down but this is apparently something that is to be expected in a product of the type and specifications

Serta iComfort Intellect

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

This is my first memory foam mattress. This particular model of iComfort is very firm. Firmer than I would prefer but I have only had it for 1 month so I hope it will soften over time. However it is considerably more comfortable that my old flimsy traditional spring mattress.

Comfort
    The Intellect model is firmer than I would prefer but still very comfortable.

Support
    It provides excellent support for the entire body. I do not wake up with a back ache.

Firmness
    I rate it a 10 because it is very very firm which is not my preference but if you like firm mattresses give the Intellect model a try.

I have only had my iComfort for one month but it is holding up well and seems very durable. No sagging thus far.

We are both happy!

from Horse Shoe, NC

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

The only reason I wouldn't give this mattress a 10 is simply because it does move a bit when we move. My husband had back issues and this mattress serves him well. It molds to your body. He sleeps in every position, and I am a side sleeper. It serves us well.

Firmness
    Not overly firm, but certainly not too soft.

Have not had the mattress long enough to have a reliable answer for this.

• Firmness:

Do not buy one especially if you weight over 100lbs.

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

My husband weighs 275 lbs. In about a month the mattress is useless. It has become a coffin around his body. Unbelievable! The very sad part is that I am still paying for this piece of useless foam!

Comfort
    The most uncomfortable mattress ever. My Select Comfort is more comfortable and it is 10 years old!! Very disappointed!

Support
    If you had a score of 0, I would choose it!

Firmness
    It is firm only where it has not been used!

We haven't had the mattress to know how durable it is. My score is 0, because the foam deteriorated within a minth

• Firmness:

Worst than my 28 yr. old bed! NO Firmness after only 10 months.

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

Save yourself the grief. The bed felt firm and comfortable in the showroom but not more than a month later we regretted our decision big time. Foam does not bounce back like they say. e lay in the same indent everynight like our old 28 yr. mattress. We spun it every month but then I just wind up laying in his spot. There is a rig all they way around the bed that you have to climb over when getting in and out of bed. Once your in it is difficult to just roll over. You have to pick yourself up out of the spot, move, then you roll right back into the same spot. wake up with pain in my back and hips that has now become chronic. Oh and most important, forget about having sex on the bed. There is no firmness (in the bed) to support the activity. I hate it, hate it, hate it! Now we are stuck with our decision for god knows how long because we spent so much money on it. BUYER BEWARE. It is not what you think or are lead to believe you are getting.

Comfort
    Foam does not support or hold it's firmness!

Support
    Sucks, does not hold it's firmness!!!

Firmness
    Sucks does not hold it's firmness no matter how many times you rotae it. Can't flip it because the otherside is not constructed to sleep on it. Has handles underneath.

Sucks!!! Does not hold it's shape or firmness. You feel like your in a 25 yr. old saggy mattress.

• Firmness:

Quality Mattress that lasted me for years

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

Overall the Serta iComfort Sleep System is a great mattress. I got this one when I was in high school and have just replaced it last week. It has lasted me many years and gave great support and comfort. I have never had any issues with it over the years and I always wake up refreshed and energized. The only reason I had to get a new mattress is because of my new puppy who scratched a hole through the top corner. If it wasn't for this I would still be using this great mattress for many more years.

Comfort
    The comfort level of the Serta iComfort Sleep System is great! I mean come on, the word "comfort" is even in the name! I never had a problem falling to sleep due to an uncomfortable mattress. I used this one for years and years and it never let me down.

Support
    This mattress gives great support. You will wake up feeling relaxed and energized.

Firmness
    The mattress is not too firm but not too soft. I think it is the perfect combination to give you the support you need while still being comfortable to sleep on.

This mattress has lasted me years and years. I never noticed a difference in the support or comfort even as time passed. The only reason I had to get a new mattress is because of a naughty puppy.

• Firmness:

This product is very comfortable.

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

I love this mattress, I have had one for a few years now. It is very comfortable and durable. I enjoy going to sleep after a hard day because I know that I am going how to relax on a mattress that is so great . There is never one night that I cannot fall asleep .

Comfort
    The comfort is excellent, it is very soft but yet firm. I love being able to go to sleep knowing that I will get a full night's rest. This mattress is one of the main reasons I enjoy going home.

Support
    It has held me up all this time. It supports well, it is very good for the price that I paid. It provides good support for me.

Firmness
    It is firm enough for me. It is not to hard and it is not too soft. It is just right for me. Sleeping is not a problem because this mattress has a good amount of firmness. It is very comfortable.

It has been durable for all these years that I have had it, so it has great durability. It is not even messed up a bit. It has held up all this time.

• Firmness:

Awesome, I wont go back to a regular mattress

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

I sleep so much better on this than a regular mattress

Comfort
    I don't think I could sleep on a regular mattress any more

Firmness
    I can get up off the bed and the wife cannot feel me moving

This mattress is as good as the day we bought it, no sagging or bowing and it is 5 years old

• Firmness:

A dream to sleep on. Makes everyone happy.

Comments about Serta iComfort Sleep System:

It's a fabulous mattress. Firm and soft at the same time, stays cool, and keeps your movements from disturbing your partner. The warrantee can't be beat either. We also purchased the sheets and mattress cover. We could not be happier. My husband and I have very different sleep needs and we are extremely satisfied with the results. This mattress will last us a very long time. I hate feeling hot when I sleep but this mattress does not hold heat like other popular brands do. It takes a few weeks to break in completely and it starts out more on the firm side, but within a short period, we were sleeping comfortably. My husband used to wake up with back pain most mornings on our standard spring mattress but he hasn't had morning back pain once since we purchased the mattress. It has changed our lives in many ways. It's also very quiet and nice for lounging on to watch tv. We would have loved to by the movement system for raising the head and foot of the bed. Someday maybe!! It was super comfortable as well b