Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses
Serta
Serta iComfort Mattress

Serta iComfort Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (7)
  • Good support (7)
  • Holds shape (4)
  • Durable (3)

Cons

• Primary bed (7)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (5)

Best Nights Sleep Ever

I have been suffering with lower back pain and rheumatoid arthritis for years. We've tried several different types of mattresses including an air chambered bed. I just couldn't get comfortable with any of them until this bed. This is the first mattress I've been able to sleep on where I haven't woke up with numbness in my arms or legs. The thing I loved the most about this bed is that it didn't smell horrible like many other memory foam mattress do.

Comfort
I love that the mattress conforms to my bod. It really helps for me when my rheumatoid arthritis is flaring. When my joints hurt really bad the softer feel of the mattress really helps. I loved that this mattress was already broke in and ready to sleep on. sleeping in discomfort for weeks at a time before you're bed is broke in and comfortable to sleep on.

Support
The mattress is memory foam so it conforms to your body when you're laying on it. It doesn't take long for the mattress to reshape to your body when you roll over in your sleep or get out of bed.

Firmness
If you like a really firm bed you may have issues with this one. There are definitely more foam mattresses out there that are a lot more firm.

I've had my bed for over two years now and it's just as great as when I first bought it. It seems to be well made and is going to last me for a long time

Beware, Mattress cannot be returned at some retailers!

We bought this mattress at Rooms to Go and have not been happy with it from the beginning. Even though it had a trial period, it was not honored at this store, so we are stuck with it. I don't think either of us has had a good night's sleep since we got it. We both wake up with our backs hurting, and we just can't get comfortable at night. There is also a hump now in the middle. Would I buy it again? No! In fact, I am just waiting until I have the money to buy another one. And trust me, it will not be at Rooms to Go!

Comfort
I can only lay in one position at night. My body has pain in all other positions.

Support
It already sags with a hump in the middle

Amazing comfort

Comments about Serta iComfort Mattress:

Rest easy with Serta iComfort mattress. We bought this particular mattress for our room and I really love it. We had a spring mattress in our room for years. I woke up from resting every night in pain. I was having so many back issues. Especially after the birth of my daughter it got really bad. I am so glad we decided to make the switch to a foam mattress. We looked at other competitors foam mattresses first and the Serta iComfort was just as good and the price point was really perfect for our family. I didn't want to be paying off a mattress for twelve months and with this mattress I could afford it right away! Since purchasing this mattress I no longer have back pain or discomfort from a nights rest. Instead, I sleep peacefully through the whole night! I never toss and turn I am so comfortable. With a spring mattress you have to flip and rotate it every few months but with the foam technology I never have to flip or rotate the mattress. Also there was a great warranty on this mattress. If it starts falling apart I can get a brand new mattress!

Best sleep in forever!

Comments about Serta iComfort Mattress:

I purchased a Serta iComfort Genius modle bed. I was replacing a basic bed I had since I was in college. I was SUPER excited about getting a memory foam mattress. I sometimes have back problems and this was the ticket to make those go away. I do prefer a slightly firmer bed then most and the Genius model was the perfect match. Enough of a firm feel and plenty of support to completely get rid of my back problem. The other options in this line were very comfy, but I needed the firmness of this bed to be satisfied. I am absolutely in love with this bed. My girlfriend also really enjoys the bed as well. I will warn you that you will have to find "deep" bedding for this mattress. The normal sheets and bedding will come off quite easily. If you ask for help at any major retailer they will know exactly what you are talking about. I also recommend that you shop around. I got this one on a great deal at Value City Furniture and they even threw in two Serta memory foam pillows, which I also LOVE!

Best Nights Sleep Ever

from Great Falls, MT

• Firmness:

Better night sleep than a conventional pillow top mattress

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Serta iComfort Mattress:

We have had a pillow top that was 'eh' from the beginning. We added a gel filled pad, a padded mattress cover and nothing seemed to help. We purchased the iComfort with power base and have been sleeping much better since. The purchase was made over a year ago which was why I waited to write my review. The mattress has better support on the sides that assist my 66 y/o husband in getting out of bed easier. We opted to leave the mattress in place for at least 6 months to test the 'body dent' and are happy to say that no indentations developed. I do turn the mattress around once a month - no flipping! - and the handles on the side make this an easy endeavor.

I have had 3 spinal fusions so comfort to me is important. I need to be able to lie down and be able to relax. The iComfort mattress supports me and the power base provides a wonderful massage. After 10 minutes I am ready to fall asleep.

• Firmness:

Not a good bed for petite and light people

Comments about Serta iComfort Mattress:

I bought a serta icomfort insight bed to try because I needed a new bed and received a great deal on the bed through mattress warehouse. After sleeping on this bed for two and a half months, I developed a pinched nerve in my neck, and my lower back was aching as well. I do have issues with my lower back, and this was suppose to be a good bed for people with back issues. However, it is not good for a person that is petite and doesn't weigh too much it seems like I am. I felt like I was sleeping on a cement slab instead of sinking into the mattress. Most nights I would toss and turn until I got comfortable. I had a 90 day trial for the bed so lucky for me I was able to return it and get my money back. My husband who is larger than me actually loved this bed a lot, and was sad to see it go when I returned it. He said he slept well on the bed and had no issues with a sore back or body when he woke up. I suppose it would be a good bed for someone who is not petite and light. I can say the plus of this mattress was I didn't not feel my husband move around on the bed as much as a regular inner spring mattress.

Comfort
I thought the bed felt hard and uncomfortable. I am not sure if the fact that we bought the bed in the middle of winter had a factor the memory gel being harder or not.

Support
The bed was really supportive. In fact, I was looking for a bed to support my lower back issues. It seems this bed was a bit too hard for my back though and actually caused a pinched nerve in my neck.

Firmness
This bed is suppose to be a medium firmness. However, it is not like most spring mattress' and the memory foam is a bit more supportive and has less give than a inner spring mattress would.

I only had this mattress for two and a half months but it held up well and kept its shape the entire time. I had no issues it falling apart or not holding up.

Awesome Mattress

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Serta iComfort Mattress:

We were a litter weary at first with this mattress, mainly because of the higher price tag this one boasts. We bought our last mattress about six years ago and it turned out to be horrible but only realized it after sleeping on it for a couple months. We will never purchase another spring mattress again. So we looked at quite a few different foam mattresses and finally decided on this one. We picked the Savant model which is the ultra plush because I like things to be softer. My husband however, is more of a firm mattress type person and even with the ultra plush top it is firm enough to give him the support he needs to eliminate the back problems he had with our old mattress. Another thing when purchasing this mattress that gave us some extra ease and confidence in spending so much was that it came with the offer of a one hundred and twenty night in-home trial. So if after four months we figure it is not for us we could have returned it with no issues. After sleeping on this mattress for just two months, after breaking it in some, we knew for sure we would be keeping it. I sleep mostly on my side and this mattress gives me the support I need at my hips and shoulders where I need it most without causing me pain elsewhere as did our old mattress. Overall, great mattress and definitely worth the price.

Great comfortable mattress!

Comments about Serta iComfort Mattress:

I bought this mattress about five months ago and it has been awesome since day one! It is easy to get comfortable and stay comfortable. I compare this mattress to sleeping in the fluffy clouds. Almost all of my back and neck pains and have gone away and I feel much more rested. I am a side-sleeper, and a flipper, and it did take me awhile to get used to this mattress. I have noticed I do not toss and turn and rotate as much as I used to. So much easier to get that good comfortable spot. My nine year old daughter likes to come hop in my bed with me and I can feel very little movement when she does get it. It takes quite a big of moving before I can feel the mattress move at all on my side, even when she jumps on the bed. You will definitely need deep pockets sheets to ensure they stay in place. Other than it being heavy and hard to move, it is an excellent mattress that I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Comfort
Very comfortable and "craddles" your body.

Great Mattress

Comments about Serta iComfort Mattress:

I purchased this mattress in August 2013, to replace a mattress that I have been sleeping on for over 10 years. This has been an amazing difference. The mattress did take a few weeks to really break in. The first night I could barely roll over before it felt like the mattress had no give or take to it at all. After a few weeks I have successfully broken it in, and it is a great mattress. I choose the medium support because that seems to be the Goldilocks area for me. Not to hard and not to soft. It has the perfect support, it really feels like it conforms to my body shape and hugs me in all the right ways. I also love that when I wake up there are no sore spots from "sleeping wrong." I rotate between sleeping on my back and on my side and it seems that this mattress is great for either of those kind of sleepers. I also like that there is not much bounce from this mattress. I feel like if I had a plate of food on one side of the bed, and I sat on the other side, the plate would be steady as a rock. This is great if you are sharing the bed with another.

• Firmness:

Like sleeping on a cloud

Comments about Serta iComfort Mattress:

I love my new mattress. It is so comfortable and I am able to relax and get a good nights sleep. I have neck and back problems and this had made a huge difference. It is also cooling so it helps reduce night sweats. It is a good balance of firmness and softness. I sink into it and feel the tension melt away. I wake feeling refreshed and stress free. I recommend this also because it looks chic also. Not like the normal boring boxsping and mattress set. It is so much more pleasing to the eye than my old set. No need to flip ever is also a great buying point. I wanted a temper pedic bed but after reading all the reviews about the heat and night sweats I changed my mind. I love that this has some of the temper material but also has different layers for added comfort. The cooling layer was what really appealed to me the most since I get sooo hot when I sleep. You can also get up out of bed without waking your partner. There is very little to no movement at all as to not disrupt your sleeping partner.

• Firmness:

This is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on.

Comments about Serta iComfort Mattress:

Before getting this mattress, both my husband and I had shoulder and back discomfort. We never slept through the night. I didn't associate the shoulder pain with how I slept until we got a new mattress. We bought the rather new to the mattress market, the iComfort mattress by Serta. We not only slept through the night but in only a few days time, we didn't have our shoulder pain. What a difference this mattress made in our lives.

Comfort
There are different levels of comfort in the iComfort mattress. I tried three and found the Insight to be the most comfortable.

Support
This mattress forms to your body and holds you as you lay.

Firmness
The style I chose is not the firmest. I did try the Genius style and that mattress is very firm.

There is a 25 year warranty. What could be better!