3.8

Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress

3.8

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (3)

The Serta Courtland mattress has exceeded my expectations!

This mattress is truly wonderful! We had waited for a while to buy a new mattress because we couldn't find on that we really liked and that fit within our budget. The Serta Courtland did both. In fact, I would have paid twice as much this mattress, it really is that great. It's firm, but not too firm. The same goes for the plus top. It's plush but not to the point you are sinking in without support. I must say this was long ovrdue. Our old mattress was sagging in the middle. We no longer wake up in the morning with intense back pain! Also, I toss and turn a lot during the night and my fiance not longer is distribued. He can sleep soundly if I readjust during the evening. We paid a little extra for the split box spring and highly recommend this especially if you move a lot (like us) and live in an apartment, it's just so much easier! This was a purchased we considered for a long time and we couldn't have picked a better mattress! Thank you, Serta!

Otherwise known as the Big Dipper

I have owned a Serta Perfect Sleeper firm mattress for five years now. This mattress is what can only be described as "the pits." It was not so bad at first, but at the moment, it definitely has a big 'ol dip in the middle that my husband and I keep rolling into. We both wake up EVERY day with sore, achy backs/necks. Also, I have been having a problem with pressure points numbing my arms and such. No, I'm not ninty or fat if that's what you are thinking. I'm 26. We are in the market for a new mattress already, and this one is on our list of what not to buy.

But I guess, to be honest, it isn't THAT bad. We are planning on using it in the guest room, so I wouldn't call it complete torture. I would recommend reading my review on the Denver Mattress company's Doctor's Choice Plush mattress.

Great Comfortable Bed, but does sag...

from Bakersfield, Ca

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Soft Feel

Cons

• Develops Cavity

• Guest Bed
  • Primary Bed

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

I have had this mattress for just over a year now. We had an old Tempur Pedic mattress that was just too hard and were looking for something a little more plush and soft. We tried numerous beds at Sears and settled on this one. It is plush and soft and comfortable feeling, however, I am noticing a sinking feeling where my husband and I lay. It isn't huge, but it is there and has happened already. I contacted Serta regarding the warranty issue and they directed me to Sears (where I bought it from), Sears directs me to Serta so I am not sure where to go for this issue. I have rotated the mattress as well and am still getting this issue. Overall, it is a very comfortable bed and I like it a lot just disappointed in the sag issue happening so soon.

Serra Perfect Sleeper Hampton Bay pillow top

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

I had just moved full time into my summer home after a divorce and had a full sized bed in the master. I figured I should replace it with a larger bed although there was nothing at all wrong with the mattress I had. I bought a new Serta queen size at a local department store. The first two months on this bed were fantastic, it seemed like a dream come true for the price which was around $800 for the Queen mattress alone. After about two months the pillow top started shifting from one side to the other, I am not a large man really, 5'11" and about 180. I certainly don't do acrobatics in the bedroom so there really was no reason for it to breakdown so quickly. Now I am about 2 years into it and it has a definate sag in the middle and the pillow top needs pulled from one side or the other at least every 3 days. I really miss my Sterns and Foster now and wish I had just stayed in a full size bed.

Not Heaven on Earth

from Jacksonville, AR

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Sturdy

Cons

• Squeaks

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

I bought a perfect sleeper 2 months ago. I slept better on my old mattress and it wasn't in good shape. I used to sleep in 2 hour increments (all my life) and now I am sleeping in 1/2 hour increments and tossing and turning all night. The dogs get tired of my tossing and turning and go and sleep on the couch half way through the night. I don't know what is wrong with it but I regret buying it. Wish I hadn't put my old mattress on the curb (somebody picked it up). It just isn't comfortable for me I guess. When I get my refund next year I will look for another mattress for sure.

Not a reliable mattress

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

Before getting my current bed, I tried the serta perfect sleeper. No offense, but it was anything but that. I have rods in my back so finding a good bed was imperative. I've had other beds in the past with the cushion top that I ended up giving away. When I went to get this bed, it seemed comfortable. I laid on it, seemed pretty good and the price was a lot less expensive than other mattresses I was looking at. We decided on the serta perfect sleeper and for the first couple weeks, it wasn't too bad. However after about a month and a half my back pain, which is already bad, was getting worse. I felt like I could feel everything inside of the mattress. Soon this led to me being back in the same situation and not sleeping. I also noticed for only having it a short time it was starting to sink in a little where I laid and I was rolling more towards the middle. It was exactly what I was trying to avoid. I ended up returning the mattress very annoyed. Now I have the bed I want, but I wish I could have avoided the headache of having to buy it then return it. In my opinion it is not a great mattress, and I don't think it's good for back sufferers or long term use.

• Firmness:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

I loved this bed when I first got it. It was so comfortable, but it didn't last long at all. The center started sagging and sinking in within just a couple of years. We had to put several blankets underneath the center just to level it out it had sunk in so bad. It was a decent priced mattress, but I would expect it to last longer than only a couple years, especially being the brand that it is.

Comfort
        It was very comfortable and cushiony for the first couple of years. I could lay down and instantly fall asleep, but after a while it broke down and really fast. It is no way comfortable anymore and we have only had it for about five years.

Support
        There isn't any support left in our mattress, other than the support we had to add to it to keep it from sinking in. It is not something that would be for someone looking for a good supporting mattress or looking for back pain relief.

Firmness
        This mattress is not firm at all. It had a lot of fluff to it when we first got it but I wouldn't consider it to have any kind of firmness too it.

This is not a durable matress at all. You are supposed to change your mattress after so many years, but we've only had this mattress for five years and it started breaking down about three years ago. It has continued to break down rapidly ever since. I am very dissapointed with the durability and life of this mattress.

• Firmness:

Great mattress - comfortable for side, back and front sleepers

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

I bought this mattress without even seeing it in person - I needed a bed quickly and wanted high quality at a reasonable price. I got the plush version versus the firm version. I was not disappointed at all. The bed is very comfortable, especially important for me since I sleep on my back, side and front at different times of the night. I really like the fact that although it is plush, you can also feel the firmer support beneath it, so you don't sink into the bed or disturb another sleeping person. We have had it about 7 months now, and I have noticed that very slight body indentations have begun to form, but I don't mind...yet. It may not last as long as I would have hoped, but for at least the next few years I'm sure I will get a good night's sleep.

Comfort
        Very comfortable - I prefer to sleep on a mattress with a semi-plush top and I was delighted to discover that it didn't matter what position I slept in, I still slept well.

As I mentioned above, it has begun to show very slight indentations where we lay, but so far I don't mind.

• Firmness:

Great for the first year and then you're sleeping in a pit

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

My husband and I bought this mattress set four years ago and we are out shopping for a new one already. About the second year a dip in the mattress starts. Not a big one at first but after a while it has turned into a sink hole. The warranty is useless. Look for another brand and save some money.

Just a good mattress

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

Mattress was great at first, but over a month or so it developed a hump in the middle. We
        can't get a good night sleep anymore.

was good at first

Support
        great firmness for people with bad backs

very firm

we sleep in valley's now, not what we expected for this price

Comfort in a trusted brand Night after Night

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

With trying other brands and not being satisfied, I've found that Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress is now my number one favorite brand that I will buy again. Well built and easy to maintain, and with animals in the house have notice very little breakdown in the structure of this product.

Comfort
        Night after night I have comfort that was not noticed with my last mattress. Serta has quality construction in all the right places. Some days I can't wait to get to bed just for the huggable feeling I get once I'm settled for the night.

Support
        Serta Perfect sleeper has support that goes end to end and side to side for great durability for the long haul. Most mattresses loose this support after a year or so, not so with this mattress and I've had it for well over 3 years now and it still feels the same as day one.

Firmness
        Lovely to know each day is not a struggle to avoid going to bed at night. With other brands that I have had in the past they ended up with sagginess were as this one stays the course and is still just as firm as when I first got it.

With 3 plus years under my belt with this mattress and numerous animals in the house this is one brand I highly recommend. It has done a beautiful job of holding up under intense pressure from me gaining weight to more than one dog spending hours bouncing around on the mattress.

Great Product!!

Comments about Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress:

I purchased two sets of these mattresses when I bought my new bedroom set and the extra set was for my spare bedroom. I absolutely love them! They are much better than I expected and sleep just as good as my mom's mattresses that she paid twice the money for! My best friend came in from Houston and slept on them for the first time and said they felt like Heaven! She said it was the best sleep she'd had in years! She is presently looking to purchase a set of these. Great buy!