Other Toothpastes:
Sensodyne

Sensodyne Toothpaste is Average

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth and Cavity Protection with Fluoride, Maximum Strength 113 G 4 oz:

Sensodyne toothpaste is meant for those with sensitive teeth. I decided to try it since the price was unbeatable with a coupon. I wasn't disappointed, but I also wasn't terribly impressed. It was a nice and mild toothpaste, but without that traditionally minty flavor and the toothpaste's lack of strength I didn't get that after brushing "clean" feeling. I do have slightly sensitive teeth and it didn't irritate them but I still wish it had a slightly stronger feel. When you first get up and are suffering from morning breath the last thing you want is to use a flavorless toothpaste. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible and if it were on sale I would probably buy it again. However, I wouldn't actively seek it out or pay extra for it. In my case it just doesn't feel like it would be worth it. I do think that if you suffer from really really sensitive teeth this product would work wonders for you. So I recommend it only to those who suffer from severe sensitivity in their teeth.

LOVE Sensodyne Sensitive Teeth toothpastes!

from Paris, MI

I have teeth that are very sensitive to both cold things, as well as sugars. Using Sensodyne Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth definitely helps with my sensitivity problems, although it doesn't take care of the problems completely. I've used all different kinds of sensitivity toothpastes, and my first choice is Sensodyne. It doesn't matter what version or flavor of Sensodyne, although I prefer the regular tubes of toothpaste over the new Sensodyne Isoactive in the can. I love the taste and the texture of the toothpaste in the tube, and LOVE that it helps with the sensitivity problems. The Isoactive has a foaming effect that makes me gag.

Sensodyne sensitivity toothpastes even make a difference on the days where I only remember to brush once, before bedtime. It definitely makes a much bigger difference on the days where I remember to brush regularly three times a day. Sensodyne is the only sensitivity toothpaste I will buy!

Best stuff ever for sensitive teeth

from Cartersville, GA

I had to have a crown placed on a back molar that had been filled when i was a child, so approximately 25 years ago!  The filling had caused the tooth to crack and while there was no decay, a crown was needed to reinforce the tooth.

I had no pain prior to the crown being placed, but after the permanent crown was cemented in, i started to experience some sensitivity.  I went back to the dentist, who performed xrays and several other tests and came back with the finding that the tooth just may be sensitive now, but that there was no decay, no need for a root canal, etc.. and he gave me some pricey stuff to use for the sensitivity.  It did nothing.

So i bought Sensodyne and started using it.  I noticed rather quickly, in the first week, that the sensitivity had decreased.  By the 2nd week, it was completely gone.  Now, i'm sure this only works if the tooth is really sensitive, it is not going to cure a cavity or anything, but for me and my situation, it worked rather well.  I also noticed that my front bottom teeth, which have always been sensitive to cold, no longer bothered me if i bit into an ice cream sandwich - hey, that's reason enough to keep using sensodyne!

This toothpaste does what it says it will do - i use it once a day now, while using regular toothpaste all other times, and the sensitivity has stayed away for over 6 months.

Eliminates canker sores

from La Jolla, CA

Sensodyne is great for my teeth and the rest of my mouth!  I used to use Colgate toothpaste and be plagued with canker sores, but I didn't really connect the toothpaste to the ailment.  I tried avoiding spicy foods, acidic foods, chewing gum - all causes of canker sores, and I even tried taking a vitamin B12 supplement since I read that it might help heal canker sores.  I also rubbed vitamin E oil into the cankers, but that didn't help either.  My last resort was those gross Canker Covers that turn into goo in your mouth and physically protect the canker, but it only worked on half my canker sores.

My sister suggested Sensodyne since it doesn't have SLS in it and is supposed to be gentler on mouths.  I was reluctant to change, since I was used to Colgate, but I was tired of huge, painful canker sores and tried it.  I don't think I have had a canker sore since then, and I'm very pleased with these results!  I definitely recommend Sensodyne to anyone prone to canker sores.