Other Gourmet Foods:
See's Candy

See's Candy

Pros

Cons

Why See's Candy makes a great gift.

The main reason that See's Candy would make a terrific gift, is that not everyone lives close to a See's Candy shop.  Unfortunately, most of the shops are out West.  I grew up in California and enjoyed See's Candy my entire life.  However, when we moved to North Carolina I could no longer get it.  And amazingly, most people where I live have never even heard of it!  Giving it to someone that hasn't experienced it's indulgent taste, would be like opening a new door for them.

Thank goodness for the Internet, because every year I receive a box of See's Candy for Christmas.  Tasting it really brings me back to my childhood.  When I didn't have to worry about all the sugar, fat and calories!  But, hey.  That's what the holidays are for, right?

There is such a huge variety of gift ideas on the See's website.  You can find something for everyone on your Christmas list.

Select from:

**Assorted Chocolates** - (MY FAVORITE) Available in 1lb, 2lb, 3lb and 5lb boxes

A heavenly assortment of dark & milk chocolates, cream centers, Marzipan, caramel centers, Molasses chips, nut filled chocolates and more.

**Truffles** - Available in 8oz and 1lb boxes

Dark or White chocolate.  Cafe' au Lait, Cafe' Hazelnut, Raspberry, Lemon, Blueberry, dark chocolate chip and more.

**Dark Chocolates** - Available in 1lb and 2lb boxes

Tempting dark chocolate creations include Dark Nougat, Bordeaux, Raspberry Cream, crunchy dark almonds and more.

**Milk Chocolates** - Available in 1lb, 2lb, and 3lb boxes

Delicious milk chocolate combinations of Molasses chips, chocolate butter, butter-chews, Divinity, mocha and more.

**Gold Fancy Gift Box** - Available in 1lb and 2lb boxes

This comes elegantly wrapped in a gold foil gift box.  Inside you'll find milk & dark chocolates, Divinity Puffs, molasses chips, fruit filled chocolates, and much more.

**Chocolate & Variety** - Available in 1lb and 2lb boxes

Filled with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate assortmed candies.  Nut filled, molasses chips, and more.

**Soft Centers** - Available in 1lb and 2lb boxes

Milk & dark chocolate assortment of butterscotch squares, chocolate butter, mocha, fruit filled truffles, and more.

Boxes of chocolate aren't all you'll find at See's Candy.  They also have delicious **Peanut Brittle, Almond Royal, Salted Nuts, Toffee, Molasses chips, Chocolate Peppermints, Fudge**, **Lollypops**, and much more.

**See's carries Sugar free candy too!**

Sugar free dark chocolate bars

Sugar free peanut brittle

Sugar free dark chocolate nut clusters

The holidays are a great time to shop at See's Candy.  They make beautifully designed **Christmas boxes** and tins.  They make special **Santa shaped chocolates**, wrapped in Santa foil.  **Marshmallow Trees** are adorable too!

See's Candy is special because it uses only the finest ingredients, which is obvious from the decadent taste of their candy.  The prices are a little high, I will admit, but that's because of the high standards See's Candy sets for itself.  I'm willing to pay a little more for something made so well.

I think everyone deserves a little indulgence during the holiday season.  I recommend See's Candy as a terrific gift idea, and also as a end of the year treat for yourself.  If you're not sure what someone on your list would like, gift certificates are also available on-line.

Bought a 1 lb box of chocolates

what flavor's I wanted, I didn't receive the flavor's I chose
And I did not like your candy at...Read complete review

what flavor's I wanted, I didn't receive the flavor's I chose
And I did not like your candy at all. We go to a Lake in Iowa andthey have the best chocolates ever, to bad they aren't
Open in the winter there chocolates are amazing!
Disappointed in your chocolates would never buy again.

Bought a 1 lb box of chocolates

from South Dakota

what flavor's I wanted, I didn't receive the flavor's I chose
Open in the winter there chocolates are amazing!
Disappointed in your chocolates would never buy again.

My favorite chocolates

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about See's Candy:

These chocolates are my favorites because they taste great and comes in a wide assortment of flavors and textures. They also can be purchased at the stores just one at a time or in boxes prepackaged or in an assortment I selected myself. The chocolate is very good quality with just the right amount of sweetness, and you get milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and also white chocolate candies. The centers can be caramels, nuts,and a wide variety of soft truffles, and all are excellent. My favorites are the dark chocolate raspberry and white chocolate key lime truffles. I savor every bite. Also, these bonbons are worth every penny and make wonderful gifts for loved ones who love chocolate and also just to reward someone for a job well done. And one of the best things about See´s is the stores have the candies under glass so you can see what they look like and can even get one sample just for visiting the store.

A little piece of heaven.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about See's Candy:

See's candy is not available in my immediate area. However, it is available online and, boy is it something special. With a little something for everybody - including the diabetic with a sweet tooth in your life. See's white mint truffles in their dressed up holiday " clothing" are so cute. The cinna-pops will certainly settle a sour stomach from over indulgence on holiday treats. One of my personal favorites though, is the scotchmallow candies. They kind of remind me of a candy I knew as a child called " Marshmallows Clouds" by Zacks - I think - ( I was 6 years old. ) To me, they are simply the best, how all the flavors inter - mingle to create a mini wonderland of edible pleasure. The deliciously buttery flavor of butterscotch typed toffee and marshmallow, then, they add in chocolate! You've gotta try crunchy cream, you'll just love it.

A holiday tradition.

Comments about See's Candy:

We love See's chocolates. We buy them fresh every Christmas. The kids get See's chocolate coins in their stockings. Now, these are real chocolate, smooth and rich, not like those fake chocolate coins that taste like foil and sweetened wax. In addition, I like to get a small box of the blueberry filled chocolates for myself, and I don't don't share with anyone.

See's really sets a higher standard than any other boxed chocolate I've encountered. They may be a little more expensive, but, if you ever do a side-by-side taste comparison, you will never choose another brand.

P.S. We sometimes have Christmas several times a year. Happy holidays (whenever you choose to have them!)

I wish there was a score higher than five available

Comments about See's Candy:

I wish there was a score higher than five available because i would definitely give it a 200 million or something. Lord have mercy. Oh my goodness. See's candy is AMAZING. Even when I walk into the store I can smell the chocolate and cream in the air. I'm about to faint just typing this. I love the dark chocolate with dark butter, dark chocolate with rasberry butter. There's so much. I just WISH that all of it was healthy. Darn It!

a fun time!

from Mill Valley, CA

Comments about See's Candy:

I love this place, It is a creat place for candy , chocolate, and fun!It is the only place that GIVES SAMPLES and smiles! I have been going here for 25 years, and always buy the almond bark dark~ It is really healthy for you and helpss the heart! Try it ! You will love See's old tyme candies! JON COOK

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about See's Candy:

MY MOST FAVORITE OF ALL CANDIES THAT I HAVE EVER EATEN IS SEES DARK CHOCOLATE WITH RASBERRY FILLING. I PURCHASE WHEN EVER POSIBLE, RECEIVE FOR BIRTHDAYS, CHRISTMAS AND ANY OTHER HOLIDAY,. I HAVE MY HUSBAND ADDICTED TO IT ALSO. I CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW WONDERFUL IT IS. THE TECTURE, SMOOTHNESS, TASTE IS HEAVEN. YOU CAN'T EAT ONLY ONE. WE BUY IN THE TWO PUND BOXES.

Bordeaux: A Classy Confection

Comments about See's Candy:

Bordeaux is beyond belief. A rich filling of brown sugar, butter, and other key ingredients are whipped to fluffy perfection and finished with a coating of See's smooth, delicious chocolate. This decadent treat provides an experience as delightful as the beautiful port city in France with which it shares it's name. A truly classy confection!

See's Candy, just say Yes

from Pomona, CA

Comments about See's Candy:

I moved to the Midwest last year and there was no See's Candy, I was in a very bad way. The first thing I did when I moved back to California was stop by my local See's and get their Dark Rasberry Cream and Peanut Brittle. They are to live for, if you don't live in the west you can order See's Candy online at Sees.com. It makes a wonderful gift for birthdays or Christmas and even Father's Day. You can not go wrong when you give See's Candy, it brings a smile to their face and you know you have given something of great quality.

See's candies are so good

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about See's Candy:

I love See's candies.  I know that there is finer quality chocolate out there, but it just tastes good.  My favorites are the Scotchmallow bars (milk chocolate, marshmallow, and chocolate...YUM!).  I once ate an entire 2 lb box of nuts and chews in one afternoon.  The people in the store are always really nice and I love the free samples.  I wish the store were closer to me.