Other Women's Deodorants:
Secret
Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh

Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh

Secret. This strong enough for a man!

I tried Sure, Axe, Old Spice, Gillette, and Right Gaurd deodorant and they either wore off way too fast or gave me a bad allergic reaction. Right Gaurd for example swelled my arm pits up so bad that they actually changed color. One more example is Axe. These deodorants smell so manly and good. The only thing is if you putthis on in the morning come early afternoon you begin to develop a perspiring smell. For me Secret feels good, smells ok and protects me from smelling like I'm not! The other thing that's really good is they sell other scents. The powder fresh scent smells too much like a woman so I stay away from it. Other than that its a great antiperspirant!

Weak and leaves me smelly.

I really do not the Secret deodorant series.  I heard and read quite a few good things about it, and my mom uses it, but to me it just doesn't work.  They always leave me smelling TERRIBLE.  Something about the way Secret makes their powder deorants mixes with my body sweat and INTENSIFIES the bad smell of my sweat - wearing this product was more than unreliable, it left me self-conscious and sometimes embarassed.

As far as invisibility, it is not better or worse than most other powder anti-perspirant deodorants.  Still usually leaves white marks on my clothes.

As far as anti-perspirant, it's not really existent.  My armpits would often be wet from sweat on normal summer days, and I don't even sweat that much.

For good deodorant, Dove is a huge step up from the Secret series.  I've good things about Secret Clinical, though, so I'm going to try that next (because lately I've noticed some things about Dove deodorants that I don't like either).  My advice, don't get any of the regular Secret deodorants, they'll make you smell bad.

Scent is over powering.

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

The product is very effective and I would not use any other deodorant. However, the powder fresh scent is over powering. I can't wear any perfume with this product. All I smell is powder fresh. I do not like the scent. I avoid buying this scent at all costs.

Works great!

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

Secret's Original Solid Powder Fresh deodorant definitely gets the job done. It works pretty well as a deodorant and is a decent antiperspirant. I have worn it to work out on numerous occasions and the product holds up well even after working up a good amount of sweat. The deodorant glides on smoothly and it does leave behind a bit of a white residue. You have to be careful not to let this white residue get on your clothes when you are putting them on or taking them off. Be especially careful with black clothing, as you will probably have to wash the article of clothing in order to get the stain out.

But what I love most about this deodorant is it's scent. It's very light and subtle, so subtle people standing next to you probably won't be able to smell it. And the deodorant feels great on the skin. I've used Secret's invisible deodorants before and they usually leave my armpits feeling a bit wet and sticky, which the Secret Solid line definitely does not do. If it weren't for the white residue issues, which has stained plenty of my clothes, I would rate this product higher as it really does do a good job.

Only OK

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

I tried Secret Original because it was on sale, and I have to say I was not very impressed. The smell was alright. The smell was not anything special and did not last very long. It did however get all over my clothes! The stains came out right away in the wash, however I am not a fan of figuring out I have deodorant stains on my shirts when I am in public. I will not be trying this brand again!

Secret Original Solid (Powder Fresh)

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

I've used all sorts of antiperspirant/deodorant and Secret Original Invisible Solid (Powder Fresh) has to be in my top 3. What I like about it is, ounce for ounce, it is a little less expensive than some of the other brands, however I don't believe it is any less effective at keeping one smelling clean and fresh throughout the day. The powder fresh scent is very pleasant. It reminds me of baby powder - clean and fresh but without anything too strong. However, the main reason I have not given this product 10 out of 10 in the overall rating is that, whilst the product name 'invisible solid' suggests it is invisible, it does rather clump in the crease of my armpit towards the end of the day and I don't recall any other brands doing this. However, as I say, this brand is slightly cheaper than most other brands and the manufacturer is kind enough to regularly place coupons in the Sunday papers. I will undeniably continue to purchase this product.

Oldie but Goodie!

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

I have been using Secret Original Solid for years now. I love how it still makes me feel confident and great and no matter how many gels or sprays come out, Secret original is still the only anti-persperant for me. I love that this goes on so smoothly and I don't have to wait for it to dry like I do with the gel anti-persperants. I also love the convenience in a bar that I don't get from the sprays. The smell of the powder fresh or any other scent for that matter is great because I don't have to worry about masking the smell with perfume. the one thing that I still don't like about this product is that it does mark my clothes. I have found tricks to get around that, but it still would be nice to not have to worry about it. I love that this product is still a low price compared to most other deodorants. This is one bar that hasn't had to change a thing to keep my business! I would recommend this to anyone, along with a few tips and tricks to get around the clothes getting marked!

Did Not Like the Scent

from Jackson, TN

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

I was very pleased with the Secret Original Solid Powder Fresh deodorant when I first tried it. It was easy to put on and I noticed that I felt dry for the entire day even though I did sweat a little. The only things that I did not like about this deodorant involve the scent and the visibility of it. The powder fresh scent was a little to strong for me and it became annoying as the day went on. I also did not like how I would have to viciously scrub my underarms when I took a bath in order to get rid of the scent. This may be a good thing for someone who likes the scent but it was not good for me since I do not like it. I also do not like the fact that the deodorant is not invisible. If I am going to wear a sleeveless shirt, I have to be careful with how much I use so that no one will see caked up deodorant when I lift my arms. I also did not like the fact that you could see the deodorant on the outside of my shirts if the fabric somehow touched my underarm. The deodorant does keep me dry but the scent is just too much for me.

Secret. This strong enough for a man!

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

One of the best deodorants out there

from Denver, CO

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

I have been using Secret Wide Solid Antiperspirant and deodorant for years and it really is one of the best woman's deodorant on the market. This a deodorant and antiperspirant that is well priced and it can be found at any drug store or grocery store. And it actually works. The other thing that is great about this product is the smell. I am very picky about the way things smell. And this product smells refreashing and clean. And is in no way prefumy smelling. I do not have any issues with this product staining clothes at either. IT is gentle and does not irriate my skin at all. I have never had any problems with secret antiperspirant.

I have tried many other varieties of Secret Antiperspirants and deodorants and they are all great. I would highly recommend Secret wide solid antiperspirant and deodorant to anybody who needs a great deodorant. Everybody I know who uses it thinks it is the best out there.

Almost perfect, Secret. Almost.....

from Odessa, TX

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

I have used Secret deodorant for as long as I can remember. I have tried different brands throughout time, off and on, but always go back to Secret. I am almost completely satisfied with the Secret powder fresh deodorant. I love the way it smells. That fresh smell never gets old to me. My husband likes the way it smells on me, too. It works so well. I am very, very happy with this products protection. I have never had any problems smelling sweat, no matter how hard I am working. I can be pouring sweat everywhere else and my underarms aren't all that sweaty. Of course, the price is unbeatable. You just can't beat it. The only con I have on this is the fact that white gets on my clothes. Plus, when I wear something sleeveless you can see the white. When I hug my husband he ends up getting white on his clothes, too, a lot of times. I don't know if there really is a way to solve that problem or not, but it is annoying. I don't like the way the gel types feel, though.

Works great, lasts long, smells good!!!

from Marne, MI

Comments about Secret Original Solid - Powder Fresh:

Hi there!!! I would like to share I secret with you about a product that I and my family have used for many years......Its Secret solid in the powder fresh sent.  After they stopped making aerosol deodorants, I had to find something new...most of you girls probably don't even remember that!!!

I found a great smelling product that never has let me down, a few years after that, I met my hubby and was so surprised he moved in with his own!!!! I knew it was love!!!  My kids use it, they love it.

I have never had a rash or break outs from this product....and it never lets me down.

I know allot of you girls and guys like the new invisible deodorant but, if you put it on after you dress, with your shirt or dress on...there are no marks :o)

You don't have to apply it very heavy either, a little goes a long way.

Take it from me, a Mom, a wife, and a grandma .....this is a great product for the whole family and it has a very practicial.