4.8
Seche
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

4.8

how did I live without this?

Seche Vite, how did I forget to review you before? I am a big fan of products which can make manicures at home easy and effective since I don't always have the time or patience to go to get them done.

Enter Seche Vite top coat.  I apply my favorite base coat (see my other reviews) along with one of my trusted nail colors.  Then I allow the nail color to dry for about 5 minutes or so.  My tried and true application is to take just a little product with the brush and allow one drop to fall on the nail.  That's all you need, as more will not look good once it dries.  Quickly brush out the drop to cover the nail without smuging.  Repeat for each nail and allow a good 5 minutes to pass before resuming normal activity with hands.  By this point your manicure should be set and no longer will you have to worry about the dreaded "sheet marks" when applying nail polish before going to sleep.  Plus your nails will shine!

Depending on how much dish-washing and daily chores I do during the time I have my manicure, I typically get around 4-6 days before any major chips.  When you are ready to remove the nail polish, often I find you can peel the whole thing off due to the way the Seche Vite interacts with your polish, so you should only need a little remover to get your nails back to polish-free.

Does not work at all for me

I heard a lot of rave reviews about this top coat, so even though it was kind of pricey for me I decided to try it. I'm very into nail art and had high hopes that this would help my designs last. While it does dry very smooth and shiny, I find it makes my nail polish barely last at all. For some reason it makes it crack very badly and makes the entire nail polish just pull away from my nail in one piece. Maybe I got a faulty bottle, and I would be willing to try it one more time, but my experience with it was awful.

Dries fast and smooth

from Annapolis, MD

Pros

• Dries Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly

Cons

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

Seche Vite is one of my all time favorite top coats. It dries extremely fast and gives a beautiful glossy finish. It is especially good to smooth out chunky polishes. It can give some tip shrinkage if you are not careful when you are applying it but it is still so worth it.

Seche is good, but not worth the hype

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

First of all, I will start by saying that Seche Vite is indeed a quick drying topcoat that can cut your drying time in half. It drys quickly and has a nice thick consistency that levels out to a smooth and even shine. This is an excellent topcoat for thick glitters and for nail art. It dries to a crystal clear finish and isn't prone to chipping.

So, what's not to love? Well, I'm glad you asked. Seche Vite is known for it's tendency to shrink. If you paint your nails very often, let's say a few times a week, this probably won't be a problem. But if you're looking to get a week of wear out of your manicure you may find that Seche Vite isn't the right topcoat for you. When it shrinks, it pulls away from the nail edges leaving unsightly gaps between itself and the polish. The longer you wear it, the more pronounced the shrinkage becomes. This is a known issue.

Seche Vite also requires some refreshing every so often. Seche sells a special thinner to be used specifically with this topcoat, but I find other polish thinners work fine. Failure to thin your Seche Vite every so often will result in a goopy bottle with an unusably think consistency.

The BEST topcoat on the market

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

I was introduced to this top coat over three years ago when I got a manicure and pedicure for my wedding. The nail stylist painted my fingernails and toenail and applied this as a top coat. My polish dried instantly, was nice and shiny, protected the colored polish well, and lasted FOREVER. Four months after my wedding, my toenail polish still hadn't chipped. I was instantly sold and haven't gone back since. It's slightly more expensive than I might normally pay for a top coat, but it's excellent quality, has staying power, and really dries my nails in a flash - which I appreciate since I hate just waiting around for my nails to dry. Now, this stuff does have a tendency, after a year or so, to get clumpy and thick and goopy, but Seche Vite makes a special liquid nail polish thinner product just for this top coat that comes with an eyedropper so you can refresh your bottle of top coat polish so it behaves like new. That product is also wonderful and, together, they're worth the money and are tops in the nail polish market.

Does not work at all for me

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

No more messed up nails!

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

This is the best top coat that I have tried. Don't waste your money with cheaper top coats - they aren't worth your money, and you will wind up needing Seche Vite anyway. Seche Vite dries fast and it dries solid. When I was using cheaper top coats, I would wind up with sheet marks all over my nails, even when I waited hours to go to bed. It seemed like no matter how long I waited, my nails would still get messed up. With Seche Vite I just have to be careful for around a half an hour, and then I don't have to worry about my nails anymore.

Plus, it's super shiny - I get so many compliments and comments asking if I have gel nails or other artificial nails because mine look so professional and smooth.

The only problem is that it gets goopy and stringy about halfway through the bottle. Thankfully, you can buy Seche Restore to fix it. Seche Restore is worth it because it fixes other polishes, too, not just Seche Vite top coat.

A+ top coat

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

I don't know that much about nail polish but this top coat works really well. It dries very quickly and stays on for a LONG time. This works the best after you wait for a bit after your first coat of nail polish dries. I will definitely will keep using this for a long time.

Only top coat I trust for my nails.

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

Before I begin, I must say that this product truly deserves a 10, and the only reason I did not give it a perfect score was because when the top coat is almost finished it becomes too thick to use anymore. Other than that this is my absolute favorite top coat! It gives a manicure a perfect shine and prevents the nails from chipping, too. Another plus is that it dries incredibly fast, even if the polish underneath isn't entirely dry! If you're thinking about giving this product a try I absolutely recommend it.

Beats all other top coats! Nail jobs last longer and dry faster!

from Thomaston, GA

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

My daughter reads a lot of reviews on make-up products, and she mentioned this product to me. I had never heard of it before, and had tried many other brands without being satisfied. I am a busy mom of four, so I don't have a lot of time to spend on painting my nails. It tends to wear off quickly, so is not worth the effort. BUT, this product changed that for me. Not only does it make my manicure last longer, it goes on super smooth and my nails feel dry almost instantly. No more long waits or smudgy nails. I have three daughters who like their nails painted, and this has made that process easier as well. My six year old and three year old no longer have to sit and wait....and wait....and wait to have their nails dry. Seche Vite seals their little nails quickly and effectively...no more smudgy nails for them either. I would recommend this product to anyone who paints their nails. It is worth the cost!

Super Shine, Super Speed

from Nutley, NJ

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

Professional results at your fingertips.

Seche Vite Top Coat is a fantastic, fast drying, super shiny top coat for any nail varnish. Whether at home or at the salon, there is no better way to polish off your manicure. I actually bring my Seche Vite with me in case a new manicurist does not use the same top coat. It is just so good.

The formula applies semi-thickly but smoothly. The initial dry down time is a minute or two, while it feels fully set at around five minutes. At ten minutes, all my nails will be completely dent, nick and scratch-proof. No more polish sliding or sheet marks in the morning. A fresh manicure easily lasts for five chip-free days. There will be very little to no wear at the tips. Make sure to paint the free edge of your nail to extend the life of your manicure.

The only application I do NOT recommend for this top coat is when used as plain, clear polish. For some reason, at least on my nails, the Seche Vite will actually peel off in one easy layer. I have tried a few times with repeated results. I think the formula does best when bonded with a base coat and nail polish.

Seche Vite is fast drying and provides the best shine

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:

I absolutely love Seche Vite. It is my favorite fast dry top coat. The number one reason I love it is that it dries polish very quickly. Without it I always end up with smudged nails or with sheet marks on my nail polish, no matter how many hours I wait for the polish to dry. I have never timed how long it takes to dry, but I have gone to sleep about an hour after painting my nails and using it and my nails were still perfect the next morning. What makes Seche Vite stand out next to other quick dry top coats is that is it not only quick drying but also very shiny. I have used other top coats that were really shiny, and others which were very fast drying, but none that were both. Unfortunately, seche vite also stinks so you might want to use in well ventilated area. It also contains toluene, so it is not Big 3 Free. Also, once you use up about half to two thirds of the bottle, it becomes really thick, but that can be solved by thinning it with seche restore. I have been trying to search for an alternate top coat because of the toluene, but so far this is the best one I have tried.