4.9

4.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:

Help me figure out where to sit!

from united states

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

While I generally think I know where I want to sit on my flights (as I prefer a window seat), sometimes my favorite seats aren't always available. SeatGuru.com is my new favorite website when booking travel. You will not receive deals on airfare or discounts on flights, but you will make an educated decision on where to sit on your newly purchased flight. You simply have to enter your flight information and SeatGuru.com will let you know the style of aircraft that your airline will be flying for that specific flight. In addition, they will also let you know the seating layout for that aircraft as well. The color coding system is easy for even the novice SeatGuru.com user to understand. Some of the notes that they have on their website are a little on the obvious side, as how seats right next to the restrooms are not necessarily preferred. However, thanks to SeatGuru.com, I know which seats to avoid on the aircraft due to a lack of ability to recline the seat or an armrest that does not move. In addition, SeatGuru.com also will let you know which seats on the aircraft have a little bit more legroom or have better service options. Thank you SeatGuru.com for making those long haul flights just a little bit better.

n

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

Help finding the perfect seat.

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

When booking a flight, many airlines allow you to choose your seat. However, they do not inform you how far it is from the restroom, the size of the seat, and other factors that will guarantee optimal comfort. This is where seatguru.com comes in. Not only does it give you the layout of airline jets from popular airlines, it also gives you comfort values, and other information, to ensure you land the perfect seat, on any aircraft, for the lowest prices.

The site is easy to navigate. On the homepage, you can choose popular airlines, to view their seating charts. You can view seat maps, comparison charts, and even compare seats, to ensure you find the perfect one. Very easy to navigate, and find exact information you are searching for.

Features
You can search for a seat by nearly any criteria. You can search by: airline, carrier, aircraft, seat location, distance to exits, pricing, leg room, past customer rating, and so forth. If you want the perfect seat, you will find it when searching by the many different search feature options.

Customer Service
I needed help the first time I visited their site. I spoke directly with an agent through virtual chat, who was very helpful. They guided me through the site, how to select a seat, and how to eventually book the right seat, when I was ready to book my flight.

Necessary

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

I love this site. When I am booking a flight, I keep this site open in another window to make sure I get a decent seat. Before I started using this site, I ended up on a flight from NY to Hawaii in a seat that had limited reclining capability. I love that I am fully aware about what to expect before I get on the plane. Since the Hawaii incident I have never booked a flight without checking it on this site.

It is very easy to use. You just need your flight number or the route information and it will show you the plane.

Features
I like that I can see seat information including limited/no recline, if theres power, a TV, etc. Even something like a misaligned window is listed. I know ahead of time if I will be able to power my devices or have my own tv. I know some airline sites tell you all this but they do not mention the negatives.

Customer Service
I have never used customer service for this site. I have never needed to.

• Customer Service:

Improved my flight experience many times

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

Simple free tool that gives great value.
Site was a bit ugly in the past but now looks great. I shared this find with many friends. Most of them keep using it and it became part of their purchasing routine.
For flights that allow you to choose your seat in the last minute with many other passengers it's recommended to check it before and enter choose the seat on the airline website after you have few options.

The only catchy part is to be sure you know the EXACT model of aircraft.

Very Useful Website

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

I first heard about this website on the news and decided to try it out before selecting my seat and I now love being informed before choosing a seat. You are able to select the airline and type of aircraft and it will show you a seating chart with the first class, normal seats, and any problem seats there might be. The ones next to the bathrooms will be highlighted so you know to avoid those. It will also indicate those seats next to jets where it might be loud or others in front of exit rows where you can't lean your seat back. There are times when you may not have a choice of where to sit but other times when you have a whole plane to choose from and though you may want to sit in the front it will show you which front seats give you the best options without having to deal with a bathroom or loud noise.

Sometimes it can be a bit challenging finding the exact plane but usually it's the airline's website that is the challenging one to use.

• Customer Service:

Don't Get Stuck in a Bad Seat!

from Warrenton, VA

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

I only recently came across seatguru.com and really wished I knew about it sooner! This site is great if you know the type of plane you will be traveling on or the plane number. You can review the seats based on actual customers' feedback and select the seat before booking your flights for most airlines. I recently used this site to look up my flights on Southwest Airlines, and while it was helpful, Southwest's seating policy made it harder to remember which seats you would want in advance. It was still very helpful to me as I really was just checking to see how big the airplane is since I had layovers. The layout of the site is very easy to navigate through and very straightforward. Actual customers have uploaded pictures of the planes and seats which is very helpful when you can select your flights during the booking process. Overall, a great site if users continue to utilize and provide feedback on their experience.

• Customer Service:

A lifesaver if you have long legs or are tall

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

Not all coach seats are created equally. In today's day and age of being able to comparison shop to get the best deals on sites and airlines nickle and diming you by charging for exit rows or "extended legroom" seats, it is important to be able to figure out if you will be comfortable. This site's seat map is extremely helpful to determine which flight you may want to take and which seat you want to choose. The map shows a layout of the plane with a key that includes "good seat" "bad seat" "standard seat" and other information such as bathroom, good, power outlets etc. When we were booking our honeymoon flight to Rome, our travel agent pulled up this site to show us the plane we would be taking. We made sure we chose seats that had power outlets since we figured we would probably use our cell phone and ipad a decent amount during the 7 hour flight. We also avoided the seats that had limited recline or storage space under them. The down side is that you need to know the specific model of the plane to get the actual specific information (although most are very similar). I use this every time I am looking at flights.

It is extremely easy to find your airline and plane and look at the map and features.

• Customer Service:

Don't book your airfare without checking Seatguru first!

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

The Bottom Line: I absolutely LOVE Seatguru.com! It has been my travel partner for the last three years, and has saved me from choosing the wrong seats many, many times. It is more important than ever nowadays to check where your seat is, and you will be glad to know exactly where the best and worst seats are, especially on long haul flights. And it's free to use! Highly recommended!

As soon as you access the page, you will see right away a great search feature that lets you enter the flight number, the airline name, and the date. SeatGuru will then show you the specific airplane you will be traveling on, and the exact layout of the seats. The layout will then show you which seats are the best seats, and which ones are the worst, based on location, leg room, etc. There is also a great feature that allows you to compare airlines and their aircraft, where you can actually see the width of the seats, the seat pitch, even the media features.

Features
Seatguru.com has tons of features which come in very handy when trying to book a ticket. You can search seat maps, airline fleet details, and even get "Guru Advice" (which has loads of very useful articles related to travel). I love how clear the maps for each type of plane are, and how easy it is to spot the recommended seats, versus the ones you should avoid. I travel frequently overseas and would never dare booking a flight without checking my seats on Seatguru.com first. It does not cost anything, and will give peace of mind that you are getting a decent seat.

Comments about SeatGuru.com:

I like this website because it gives you much more detail about the seats and interior of an airplane on which you have booked a seat than the airline provides on its website. This website helps me pick the best seat for my needs and provides an accurate map of the cabin's seat layout. I prefer the map because it helps me find a seat that has good storage room underneath so I can fit my bags and still stretch my legs. Before booking a flight I use this website to get information on the available seats to decide which seat I'd like the most or if I should upgrade to a better seat. I like looking for the bathroom on the map to make sure I don't sit to close to it. I don't think this website is necessary but it's definitely advantageous to use.

I find this website to be easy to start using and easy to find my flights quickly.

Features
Detailed seat maps for many airlines.

Customer Service
I have never needed to use their customer service.