3.9
Seasonale Birth Control Pills

Seasonale Birth Control Pills

3.9

This is the best thing since sliced bread

I only have 4 (and very short, light) periods a year, I don't think I have to say anymore.  For any women who dreads getting their period everymonth (which I always did) this is the pill for you.  You take the pills everyday for 3 months, and you have your cycle, 3 months of pills, cycle, and on and on.  I have been on this for about  2 years and couldn't be happier.  I don't have to deal with pms monthly.  You know when you're going to get your period.  You do have mild spotting when initially taking the pill but after your body is adjusted, there is none (at least I haven't experienced any).  I always hated getting my periods, it was always heavy, and seemed to last way too long for me, an entire week out of a month is too much to deal with, and now seems totally unreasonable to me.  Try seasonale, you'll love it!

Seasonale is NOT for me!

Seasonale is NOT for me.  I thought, 'How great only 4 periods a year!'  only now, even after starting a fitness program, I have gained a pound a week for every week that I have been on it.  That's 11lbs, rather disconcerting since I am trying to lose weight!  If you are wondering; I have decreased my portion sizes, eating at least 5 servings of fruit and veggies a day and included 2 servings of dairy.  I also include a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise, 4 days a week.  So, in that respect I know I am doing things right.  I have also increased mood swings.  I can cry at the drop of a hat.  I have a hair-trigger temper(when I normally don't).  I have acne that I had in highschool.  And worst of all, I have NO sex drive.  I told my husband that it wouldn't bother me if we never had sex again.  We have only been married for 4 years and previously had a very healthy sex life.  After a long discussion with my husband, I am going off all birth control and he is having a vasectomy.  I already went under the knife for an emergency C-section and now it's his turn:)

Not for me :(

Comments about Seasonale Birth Control Pills:

I have had a history of heavy menstral flow, and cramping. I started getting my period twice a month ( Really!! Once was bad enough ) My doctor suggested seasonale and I jumped at the chance to have only 4 periods a year. Within 4 days of taking the pills, I started spotting , which turned into a period on the second week. On top of that I was angry and sad all the time, if I wasn't yelling I was crying. I had no sex drive, and that is one thing I always prided myself on , was having such a high sex drive. I have deciede to stop taking it, but don't know how long it will take to feel normal.... I don't know if this will help anyone, but that it my story.

Love Sesonale!

Comments about Seasonale Birth Control Pills:

I have migraines associated with my menstrual cycle. My doctor put me on Seasonale to suppress my periods. I do not take the "rest" pills at the end of three months, but start a new pack immediately.
I haven't had any side effects, and, where I had migraines once a month, now I have them twice a year. I love this product!!

Only 4 periods per year!!

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Seasonale Birth Control Pills:

Jolessa is the best birth control I've ever used! I had tried a couple different types of monthly birth controls in the past, and I was never satisfied with them. They always had terrible side effects, and made me spotty. After trying Jolessa, I will never go back to any other birth control! It comes in a conveniently three-month package, that is still small enough to stuff in my purse. I have no side effects with this birth control, and the best part is... I only get my period once every three months, only four times per year!!! It's GREAT!! I was a little nervous at first about only getting my period once every three months, because I thought when I did finally get my periods, they'd be terrible because I had skipped them the previous two months. But in all honesty, my periods have gotten lighter, and less intense. The only slight side effect I have noticed is some breast tenderness, but it's nothing crazy! I would *highly* recommend Jolessa if you're looking for a more convenient, easy birth control!

To birth or not to birth

from Laurel, MD

Comments about Seasonale Birth Control Pills:

Seasonale is a quality birth control pill that gives so much more than just prevention. It controls the flow. You only get your period four times a year, that is every ninety days. It is amazing for girls who hate hate hate getting their period, such as I. Not to mention it lightens the flow, which one might not think that is true. Because you don't get your period for three months it "should" be all heavy and horrid. Not true. It is lighter than ever. And I most certainly do not in any way, shape, or form miss my period.

It helps in other ways too. It lightens the flow and helps the cramps too. I have struggled with stupid heavy periods and horrible life ruining cramps for many years before I found this pill. It has changed my life. I have heard a lot of women say that they would hate it because they would not like knowing if they were pregnant every month. But I say "live a little" haha not really. I say use protection besides birth control.

Top notch!

Seasonale is NOT for me!

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Seasonale Birth Control Pills:

Protection as expected, period as well...

from Apo, AP

Comments about Seasonale Birth Control Pills:

I decided to try **Seasonale Birth Control Medication** 2 years ago, because I was going on vacation overseas and didn't want it to be interrupted by my monthly gift.  My husband had returned from Iraq, and I had flown over to visit him for 2 weeks, and I had expected to have my period starting just a few days after i got there, which would have lasted through the rest of my vacation.  I started taking this about 2 months prior to flying out- I had break through bleeding all the time, and I took the pills raucously 11pm at night.  Fortunately, I worked in a dr's office with OB/GYNs who suggested taking both the brand name and generic at the same time- for a month I had taken both Seasonale and Seasonique (11am and 11pm)- seemed to do the trick, break through bleeding had finally stopped.  I enjoyed the peace of mind I had, I had the protection I needed.  Although, I was taking 2 pills a day, two days before I was due to fly out, I had my period...not just break through bleeding, and the cramps hurt so bad, I thought something was wrong, when I had returned home, I talked with the dr's and they advised that I should take some pain pills to ease the cramps, but other than that, everything checked out fine.  I chose to discontinue use of this birth control.  I did enjoy not having an actual period while i was using the medication, this is good for someone like myself.  This would be great for active young girls who just don't have the time for monthly gifts to stop in and interrupt....

A LIfesaver

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Seasonale Birth Control Pills:

Since I turned fifteen I have suffered from a sever case of Endometriosis.  I have been on almost every birth control method you can possibly think of to try and keep my Endometriosis at bay--I've done shots, patches, the NuvaRing, and every pill you can think of.  Since I have started taking Seasonale on a daily basis I have been virtually symptom free.  Before my birth control was not strong enough to keep my symptoms of pain and bloating away.  I would have break through bleeding and spotting every month before.  The shots made me gain 35 pounds in a little over 2 months, and the Nuvaring felt absolutely disgusting (not to mention that my boyfriend absolutely hated it).  Seasonale has worked great--I just take a single pill every night, for three months straight, and I manage to stay virtually symptom free.  The other great part about it is that it maintains the growth of my endometrium so well that when I finally do have to have a period, it's not horrible.  If you have Endometriosis and other pills don't work, give this a try!

I don't know what I'd do without it

from North Brunswick, NJ

Comments about Seasonale Birth Control Pills:

I'm in love with Seasonale.  I've been on it for almost four years now, and I can't imagine going back to monthly periods.  Before going on the pill, I got horrible cramps and had long, heavy periods.  Now, I get light, short periods and very little cramping.  When I first started taking it, I had some morning wooziness and some break-through bleeding, but that all goes away if you stay on it.  Like all birth control pills, you have to remember to take it, so as long as you're a responsible person, this is a great contraception option.  I recommend it to everyone.

I've had a textbook experience

from Belleville, IL

Comments about Seasonale Birth Control Pills:

I did have spotting for about 20 days straight after the first month.  I was told I would have to do that for 3 months before it would be abnormal!  Ugh!  Thankfully, it ended.  I did have some cramping with it.  I took an extra week of the active pills so I could go on a Moms only weekend w/out my period and everything went fine.  When I returned I was exhausted.  I don't know if that was related or not.  When I took the inactive pills, my period started very slow and light and was only heavy for about a day and a half and then slowed down to nothing by day seven.  I didn't have any cramping, bloating or emotional issues.  I was just very tired and still am.  I am on my second week of my second 91 day pack.  I haven't gained any weight, but I am also taking some migraine meds that have the opposite side effect.  All in all I am satisfied.  I am taking Seasonale to help with my migraines and it seems to be helping mildly.  I hope this gives some encouragement to those out there who want to try Seasonale.  Not all experiences are bad.

This is the best thing since sliced bread