3.3

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

This Kenmore Model 16231 sewing machine is awesome and more!

My wife and I decided it was about time to look for a new sewing machine and  about 3 months ago we started to look in earnest   We had been looking at websites, sewing machine/vacuum stores, fabric stores that sell certain lines of sewing machines, and also Wal Mart.

My Kenmore sewing machine always was dependable and the quality built into that machine, gave it alot of value for the money in it's day.  It is a very basic Kenmore sewing machine with very basic features. Still after twenty years it was very dependable and performed well, but we just needed more features.

After comparison shopping with machines like White, Bernina, Singer, Brother, and New Home,  I just wanted to find a machine that gave me the performance and dependability that my old Kenmore gave me.  I looked online at Wal Mart's online store and after looking at the  machines they offered, we decided to take a trip over to our neighborhood Wal Mart and look them over.  We looked at everything the offered. Singer and Brother and others. I wasn't impressed.  Acutally I was suspicious.  They had plenty of machines, but the mechanics, the quality,  and the features in the lines being offered just didn't seem to be there.  All I could think of was my old Kenmore.

My wife said,  " Why don't you look online at Sear's Website and see if they have Kenmore sewing machines on their site."  All I can say is, I am glad I did. I  found out after reading the customer reviews,  Kenmore was still the machine it has always been.  We narrowed the search down to three models.  Two Kenmore models and one Toyota model,  (Toyota, never knew they made sewing machines. Lots of quality but lacking on features)  We also  noticed online that  the three models we were looking at were available at our local Sears Store.

We took a trip to the store, found the models and decided on the Kenmore Model 16231. This machine has everthing in features we were looking for and all the quality was still there just like my old Kenmore  but now with ninety different stitch functions, drop in bobbin, built in one step buttonhole and alot more.  We just love this new 16231 Kenmore.  I can't say anymore but,  " Buy this one, it's a  winner!"

My wife

Does anyone know what they are doing in the Vineland,NJ store,

Let me start by saying I WAS ONCE A SATISFIED CUSTOMER, but these past two weeks have certainlly changed my mind.  On 1/31/09 my husband and I went to the Vineland, NJ Sears store to buy a refridgerator.  We have been without a refridgerator since christmas day.  We finally were able to come up with the money to buy a refridgerator.  We went to Sears because we have never had any problems with Sears before.  We found the one we wanted,except we wanted glass shelves instead of the wire ones.  And here is were the problem starts. The sales associate #98145 said we could order one. Great, we thought, he said it would be in on 2/11. On 2/11 my husband went back to the store and was told it wasn't in.  The manager that day,Dave said it would be in 2/13.  Can you guess what comes next? Yep, you guessed it .  It is not there, and the well informed sales associate there told my husband that he didn't know when the truck would be in, nor did he tied to find out.  Later this afternoon I called about it and was told he didn't know anything about it and would have the manager call me.  No call, so I called back and talked to someone else.  The sales girl did try to find out what was going on.  While I was waiting on the phone, I looked over the receipt and realized that the orginal associate put in the wrong name,phone #.  Also he put in Feb.18th, not the date he told us.  He did managed to use my debit card correctly. So now we have fully paid for a refridgerator that we don't have, and we are still using a cooler.  I asked to speak the manager, and was only given a relay message via the poor sales girl.  I was told there is nothing they can do and will have to wait until Feb18th.  As far as I'm concerned once I get my refrigerator(hopefully before next christmas),  I am done, finished,kaput with Sears.  In this time with stores closing and people losing their jobs, I would think that  someone with a brain would try to make sure I would come back to Sears. This would be called custome service.  I hope someone out there reads this, there are alot of other aplliance stores out there and I know alot of people who go to Sears and rest asured I will let people know about the horrible, unconcerning customer service I received.  Can't wait to Feb. 18th to see if I acctually get a refridgerator, or just get another cooler?It  would be nice to receive some sort of compensation for all the lies and major problems this has put my husband and I through                                                                                                          Sincerley unhappy and angery and with                                                                                  out a refridgerator,                                                                                  Feb.13,2009                                                                                  Linda Stevenson                                                                                  856-776-6826                                                                                  e-mail  mybear101982@yahoo.com

Never Buy from Sears

from Cookeville, Tennessee

Comments about Sears.com:

If you buy an appliance from Sears, DO NOT EXPECT repair service. We live in Cookeville, TN with a Sears less than 1 mile from us, however Customer Service states no repair service is available for our area. Customer Service is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME! F

A great website which has alot of products.

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Sears.com:

I really think Sears.com is great I went to the website because i was planning to buy some computer components for my PC. I found what I was looking for very easy which I thought was great. The website was very easy to navigate and they have everything from clothing, electronics, computers, and alot of other things. I would really recommend Sears.com because their website has alot of products you can buy. The item I purchased came on time and I was really happy with it. i will definilty be Going on Sears.com again for my shopping. I would like to also add that they have sales regularly and if you like electronics you will find Sears.com a great website.They have a product search engine which is easy to use so you can find what you are looking for fast, and they have products in alot of categories. They have sales every week just like other shopping sites and they have a great selection on fitness equipment, like treadmills and exercise bikes.

Zero Customer Service with Sears.com

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Sears.com:

Ordered a mixer, was sent two, returned one and received credit back on the item but not the extended warranty as I was informed that I would have to contact sears.com in order to obtain the credit as they were unable to do so in the store that I had returned the item to. Contacted sears.com and they told me that there was nothing they could do as I had to go to the store to obtain this, this of course after spending over two hours on the phone with five different people, all by the way who had the compassion and understanding of a log. Having given matters some thought I elected to just return the purchased item for credit, including the extended warranty, and purchase the product from another retailer. Anyone considering purchasing a product through the online service should really reconsider matters as the employees in the store that I returned the product to told me that it is better to come into the store and have them order what I wanted and allow them to go through the store channels rather than the online option as they have greater latitude for returns, etc. and they focus on customer service versus the online store which will only refer you to the store after the sale as they are not set-up for handling returns, or really dealing with customer issues. Based upon all the people I had to speak with on the phone I can see where the store employees suggestion about just dealing with the store could be much better. In any case I would never recommend Sears for anything, it will be good to see them go under sooner rather than later as they are the worst excuse for a retailer.

I WANT 3 HOURS OF MY LIFE BACK!

from MARION, IL

Comments about Sears.com:

SERIOUSLY! I RECEIVED AN EMAIL PROMOTING A ONE DAY FAMILY AND FRIENDS SALE... 15% OFF APPLIANCES AND 10% BACK IN POINTS WHEN USING MY SEARS CARD GREAT! WELL, AFTER WAITING FOR OVER AN HOUR IN THE STORE AND STANDING IN A LONG LINE AT CUSTOMER SERVICE I FINALLY RECEIVED SOME HELP THEN GUESS WHAT, NO 15% OFF! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO AUTOMATICALLY TAKE THE DISCOUNT OFF BUT IT DIDN'T. THEN TRIED ON LINE AND APPLIED FOR A CREDIT CARD FOR THE EXTRA 10% AND IT ASKED ME SOME QUESTIONS THAT I HAD NO ANSWERS FOR (LIKE MORTGAGE COMPANY-I DON'T HAVE A MTG) SO COULDN'T GET THE CREDIT CARD. CALLED THE # IT SAID TO FINISH APPLICATION AND AFTER WAITING 20 MIN. NO HELP THERE. SO AFTER 3 HOURS OF WAITING, APPLYING, WAITING, CALLING, AND IN STORE HELP (lol) STILL NO FRIDGE! THANKS A LOT FOR THE EMAIL SEARS! HOW ABOUT I CHARGE YOU FOR THE THREE HOURS I CAN'T GET BACK?

Do Not Use Sears.com. They keep your money!!!

from Show Low, AZ

Comments about Sears.com:

I purchased a stove thru Sears.com, and when I went to pick it up at the local Sears store, and was told that 2 stoves came in for me. My credit card was charged twice and I asked for the second stove to me sent back and my money refunded. I am going into the second week with a refund because the locally owned store in Show Low, AZ said that Sears.com has to process the return of the 2nd stove and Sears.com said the store has to process the return. Can not get any resolution from Customer Service, other than you can't understand half of what they say, I am getting a total run around and would suggest no one shop at Sears any longer when they treat good customers like this. I have called and called and am no closer to a resolution!!! Was a faithful customer for over 30 years to Sears, but no longer. I will never buy another product from them or the locally owned Sears store in Show Low, AZ
The site would not allow me to rate them a zero, but that is the way I would truthfully rate Sears.com.

Helpful Site

from Utah

Comments about Sears.com:

Recently I was looking for a new washer and dryer, so I shopped on Sears.com before making a decision. The website was very helpful in researching the different brands and options sold at Sears. They had a lot of information about individual machines, and we found several discounts before going in store to make a purchase. The one thing that drew us to the store instead of buying online was the cost of shipping. We live about an hour and a half from the closest Sears store, and the shipping was outlandish on something that big. After buying the washer and dryer (in store), we had received a great deal of cash back. I went back to the website to use up the cash back, and it was much more difficult. They offer cash back on the Sears credit card as well as other rebates on specific categories in their club program. I was eventually able to find some things, but it was very confusing figuring out what was qualified for the rebates and what wasn't. Several times something seemed to fit (by what was said when looking at the product), but at checkout it suddenly didn't work. So all in all, it works well for regular purchases, but using the cash back from their club programs is much more difficult.

disposer new one are no good

from montgomery al.

Comments about Sears.com:

made cheap hard to install not as good as they used to will not being any i am an installer

Sears.com: never again

from Hunt Valley, MD

Comments about Sears.com:

Ordered an expensive bed frame and mattress through sears.com. I had not taken delivery when the price dropped 200$ on the frame. I asked sears customer service if I could get the difference. Answer: No. I could cancel the order. So I cancelled the frame and reordered online only to realized that I had selected queen, not full. So I called and asked sears customer service if the could switch the size in the system. Answer (after 15 minutes on hold): No. I'd have to cancel and reorder. So I cancelled the frame order only to realized that the stated hold time on my credit card (3-5 days) meant that my card was maxed out. So I called back to cancel the mattress and was told the credit card would clear in 10-15 business days. Why are they holding my money? I will NEVER by anything at sears again. NEVER! Since the stores look like a ghost town, it is probably for the best as I predict the will go out of business soon.

Very Disappointed with Repair Service

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Sears.com:

Scheduled an appointment 5 days ago to have refrigerator repaired. 5 hours before appt, called and told repair person sick and would need to reschedule a week out. Would not give me an appointment any sooner. Very disappointed in Sears, especially when it is a Kenmore product! Very bad service Sears!

Product Great Customer Sevise Bad

from mogadore,ohio

Comments about Sears.com:

We bought a very pricey bed payed extra for Saturday delivery and only received the box spring and frame, when I asked about the mattress they said it would be 3 more days for delivery.. (what)I have to sleep on the floor.. very bad customer servise pretty much laughed in my face.. I will never buy from Sears again never recommend them to anyone..