1.2
Sears
Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

1.2

Pros

• Attractive (3)

Cons

• Hard to use (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (6), Avid cook (4)
    • I Am A:
    • Family older kids (14), Family young kids (9), Couple no kids (8), Single female (5)
    • No (33)

Excellent protection plan!

We purchased a Kenmore Elite 30 cu ft French door with Grab n Go door fridge with ice maker and water dispenser on the outside of the fridge. We really get use from the grab n go doors. However, after a year, the ice cube feature stopped working. The ice machine made ice, however, it could not be dispensed because the ice froze in the shoot and got stuck. After several calls to have a technician come out to defrost the in door shoot, I called the warranty plan and requested a new fridge because of all the difficulties we have had---why have the crushed ice feature if you can't use it! The request was granted and we were issued a credit towards a new fridge. Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the fridge. Overall, it was easy dealing with customer service and the technicians weee friendly, courteous and on time.

What a joke

I purchased the sears home warranty because I am working out of town and wanted my wife to be covered if something went wrong. Well the warranty went wrong. Sears sells the warranty to a third party who doesn't cover anything. Bottom line the technician told my wife when he left the house that they would fix or replace the washing machine. Two weeks later after no on called to set an appointment to fix it my wife called and was told the reason no one called is that the problem (bearing) was not covered under warranty, it would cost an additional $300 to fix. My wife called me and we agreed to have it fixed, she called back and the technician now said he would not fix it for less than $550. So this is what sears has turned into. OH yea and if I want to cancel the agreement it will cost me $175. I will never step foot in another sears or K-mart store as long as I live.

Worst Service Ever

from Salina, KS

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

This is absolutely the worst service ever. They won't answer the phone and you can't use the online system to check on an existing claim. I have been waiting nearly a month to fix a washing machine.

• Couple No Kids

Worst service ever

from Boca Raton

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I called Sears out to repair my oven The tech was so concerned about selling me the warranty program that he didnt even look properly at the oven and ordered a fan. The following week a new tech came to install the fan but the lock was broken,, not the fan. And so another appointment was made while the lock was now ordered. The following week the tech came back and something was wrong with the lock. A new appointment has now been made for next week. When I told the tech this is ridiculous I cant keep on taking four hours off work every week because they give you a 4 hour window; he replied well pay me $89 call out and get someone else. I I called customer service and spoke to someone ID 998138. He said too bad thats how it is. Thank God I never took out a service contract as after my oven is done me and sears are done . BTW the repair is over $400, sears are not cheap!!!!

Sears Kenmore Elite Dishwasher warranty fraud

from Mesa AZ

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Compact
  • Convenient
  • Dishwasher Safe
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• breaks regularly

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

SEARS appliance warranty - what a FARCE! My husband and I have purchased MANY appliances from Sears - we have never had any REAL issues until now! We purchased a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher (model 66514573N611) really cool and quiet - with a third rack (love that!) However - it has been Broken down with an F2E2 error FOUR times since February. Each time - it takes two weeks to get a technician out - two weeks to order parts and several more days to get the technician out to fix it. Their store salesperson and manager said their lemon policy says it should be replaced after 3 failures - however working with their warranty representatives is a NIGHTMARE! They insist that it must be 8 failures in a year! UGGG! I am so upset I am ready to pull it out and leave it in their store! With Thanksgiving next week - I don't want to hand wash all the dishes with company coming! I don't usually rant - but I am FURIOUS!!! False advertising at its best!

I strongly regret buying the Sears warranty plan. Don't buy

from Salinas, ca

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

HORRIBLE SERVICE. BIG MISTAKE. DONT BUY.

Avoid at all costs

from metropolitan Seattle area

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I was a long-time Sears Home Warranty customer, and in the past always found Sears Home Warranty to be an incredible value, with service consistently prompt and of high quality. But no more, unfortunately. I recently tried to have my oven and dryer repaired. I was scheduled service with a third-party company that did not service my area, I was lied to by customer service agents three times, and no repair is forthcoming. At this point, I believe that Sears Home Warranty is selling a fictitious product; you pay, they collect, and they do nothing. AVOID SEARS HOME WARRANTY AT ALL COSTS.

****NEVER BUY SEARS HOME WARRANTY****

from MT. PLEASANT PA

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

*****NEVER PURCHASE THIS PLAN EVER ******* Such a scam..... I see now how they work it so they can take your money - but not actually come through on their side. I had a repairman come out to say our fridge was not repairable - wrote it on the claim form and everything! I was told all I had to do was email in a copy of the receipt for the new fridge and I would be reimbursed up to $1000 on comparable unit. You know what I got..... $116 and that's for the repair call! They say NOW that it was repairable - but yet no one ever called me to set up service - no one ever called me to schedule anything! ONly in ME calling today - after burying my husbnad Friday - was I told I was to have a service call..... Even after I have emailed and called several times - and yet no one EVER said to me "you are to have a service call....." What's even MORE HILARIOUS is when I go to cancel the plan.... they tell me I have to pay $119 because it's within the 12 months????!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? DON'T EVER PURCHASE A SEARS PLAN! I will make sure EVERYONE I know - knows.... this is garbage and a TOTAL RIP OFF!!!

You get what you pay for....actually you don't

from Austin TX

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• None

Cons

• Unreliable

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

DO NOT get sucked into this joke of a home warranty. I called sears to get a repair on my dryer that was purchased from them! The service rep offered me the option for a home warranty, sounded like a great idea! I have tried to have my dishwasher repaired using this service. 1. I tried to use the online scheduler but was instructed to call the service center. 2. 45 minute phone call later they scheduled their first available appointment 8 days later! (i thought OK you get what you pay for) 3. I wait for my appointment to have a no show. I call the Sears Home Warranty service center with my confirmation number (yes i learned my lesson and wrote it down this time) they say my appointment is not in their system I must not have one! (ARE YOU KIDDING ME)
      As I'm writing this review I've been on hold latest count 57 min 32 seconds to cancel my policy

pissout

from hollister

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

this complaint is regarding the home warranty service. repair man both time were perfect , however customer service sucks.. two weeks to wait for service man needs to order parts two more weeks to return. now I get a call part is on back order will no delivery date.. by the way than charge 40 monthly fee, 75 for service call ,, 54.00 for part !!!!! what the .....

• Single Female

Nightmare Service

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

We've had a service contract for several years on our Kenmore iron filter and water softener. It has turned into a complete nightmare. They will not schedule a service call because apparently there is no technician in my area anymore. Instead, they never return calls, lie that I am speaking to a supervisor, hang up on me repeatedly and the worst NEVER REPAIR THE UNITS!! They hung up on me during my fourth call when I asked for a refund on my service contract. DON'T LET MY NIGHTMARE BECOME YOURS!!!

• Couple No Kids

WORST COMPANY EVER

from Tracy Ca

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR THIS HOME WARRENTY FOR 2 YEARS AND NEVER USED IT. THE ONE TIME I CALL TO USE IT I HAVE TO PAY A $100.00 DEDUCTIBLE AND THEY CALLED ME BACK SAYING THAT THE ISSUE I WAS HAVING WITH MY FAUCET WAS NOT COVERED IN THE WARRENTY..
      I WILL BE GOING BACK TO OLD REPUBLIC HOME WARRENTY.