1.1
Sears
Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

1.1

Pros

• Attractive (3)

Cons

• Hard to use (3)

• Small kitchens (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (8), Avid cook (4)
    • I Am A:
    • Family older kids (16), Family young kids (10), Couple no kids (8), Single female (6)
    • No (40)

Excellent protection plan!

We purchased a Kenmore Elite 30 cu ft French door with Grab n Go door fridge with ice maker and water dispenser on the outside of the fridge. We really get use from the grab n go doors. However, after a year, the ice cube feature stopped working. The ice machine made ice, however, it could not be dispensed because the ice froze in the shoot and got stuck. After several calls to have a technician come out to defrost the in door shoot, I called the warranty plan and requested a new fridge because of all the difficulties we have had---why have the crushed ice feature if you can't use it! The request was granted and we were issued a credit towards a new fridge. Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the fridge. Overall, it was easy dealing with customer service and the technicians weee friendly, courteous and on time.

What a joke

I purchased the sears home warranty because I am working out of town and wanted my wife to be covered if something went wrong. Well the warranty went wrong. Sears sells the warranty to a third party who doesn't cover anything. Bottom line the technician told my wife when he left the house that they would fix or replace the washing machine. Two weeks later after no on called to set an appointment to fix it my wife called and was told the reason no one called is that the problem (bearing) was not covered under warranty, it would cost an additional $300 to fix. My wife called me and we agreed to have it fixed, she called back and the technician now said he would not fix it for less than $550. So this is what sears has turned into. OH yea and if I want to cancel the agreement it will cost me $175. I will never step foot in another sears or K-mart store as long as I live.

Avoid Sears Home Warranty

from Houston

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

If you have Sears repair your appliance, chances are that the technician will push you to buy a 'Sears Home Warranty' to cover your appliances and provide you peace of mind. In fact, he'll even discount his service by 50% that very day if you buy one. And who doesn't trust a legendary brand like Sears, right? And that kind Sears repairman looking out for your best interests.

Well, don't fall for it. For some reason, Sears saw fit to partner with Cross Country Home Services AKA HomeSure AKA Country Home Services. And they aren't reputable.

When I needed a repair on my dryer and range exhaust unit, it took two days to get a repair person out. He wasn't from Sears, but a small outfit that was badly reviewed online. He diagnosed the prob, said he'd order the parts and get back quickly as the parts were easy to find.
We went without the dryer working for 8 days, and that was after much effort to get things moving. Then, on the 10th day, a rep from the HomeSure/CCHS calls to deny the claim on the built-in range exhaust unit. The small print apparently excludes this item completely. The only silver lining is that I needed repairs in the second month of my agreement, was able to reevaluate the deal and get out before paying a lot for a very little....a bad proposition overall. Avoid them and pay out of pocket to end up ahead.

FRAUD – Sears "Whole Home" Warranty – FRAUD

from Boston, MA

Pros

Cons

• You don't get the service that you're promised

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

This company is UNETHICAL: they try to make you wait out any substantial coverage and cancel your account if they do eventually pay out!! Under no circumstances would I recommend you use this company. DON'T DO IT! Customer service is abominable. They say they'll call back. Never once did they call me, reply to an email or send me a letter.
      You'd be better served to put that monthly payment aside and then if something goes wrong you have the money handy to pay for the repair from a qualified company or to purchase new appliances if necessary.

• Family Young Kids

+SEARS+ EXPENSIVE JUNK AND TERRIBLE WARRANTY SERVICE

from NH

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• JUNKY PRODUCTS WITH HORRIFYING SERVICE

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Every product I have purchased from Sears including a near $3000 fridge has been a complete and utter piece of junk. What happened to your products Sears? I owned a Kenmore fridge that lasted 25 years...and was still running when I decided to upgrade to the Kenmore Pro.....JUNK! What a fool I was to think that NEW was Better!!! The Sears HOME Warranty...well that is another facet of garbage that you offer. It has required that I be on "hold" more than an hour multiple times, just to speak to someone whom will happily transfer me to someone else. The whole process is atrocious! I am horrified that any large company such as this can even be still financially solvent given the pathetic products coupled with the terrible warranty service. The Sears HOME WARRANTY is a complete scam. It was 12/28 when I called to file a claim on my failed dishwasher and fridge...both Kenmore Elite and Pro.... and it is now 2/6/2018 and no repair has been made to date. Seriously! What did I spend money on all these months on a warranty for...???? A complete joke and terrible customer service.

• Family Older Kids
          • Was this a gift?:

Absolute Scam - You don't get what they sell!!!!!

from Houston Texas

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

This Warranty is a total scam. !st use, they came out fixed the problem with my washer. Then after I've paid for months I need the washer looked at again. They mis-scheduled, didn't contact, had the tech chow up wrong time, and then kept rescheduling. Took 5 appts before finally got the tech to the house. Washer needs a part no longer available thru Sears so it's referred to research. I waited a couple days call to check and they don't know how long. So call back the tech - he said no way it's available - washer is to old and it's a circuit board. Has referred for same part prior to this for someone else. So I call again and I'm told that research has to make a decision probably be 3-4 weeks !!!!! That's 6 weeks with no laundry. I am so upset. That is not what I was sold. I was told if we can't repair we replace - no issues !!! This has been nothing but issues. And now I've paid them more than the washer would cost. I will be disputing the charges thru my bank as not receiving what was sold to me. I've always bought Sears Kenmore - will be going elsewhere. Run !!!!!

• Family Older Kids

Do not use Sears or HMS Home Warranty

from Springfield VA

Pros

Cons

• Coverage lies
            • Steals your money, noting in return
            • Unresponsive customer service

• Line bird cage

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I filed a request for service with Sears Home Warranty, which apparently uses HMS Warranty to cover this activity in the D.C. metro area. Under no circumstances would I recommend you use either of these companies. DON'T DO IT! Customer service is abominable. While they did send tech out quickly to inspect the problem with a burner on my range they never followed up. I contacted through email and just got standard auto reply. Never once did they call me, reply to an email or send me a letter. 3 months later, Steve still doesn't work and they just told me that the tech said it was repairable, but to get to the component they'd need to drill the screws out and that might damage the range requiring the unit be replaced. They wanted me to sign a waiver saying if anything happened in the course of the repair, they weren't liable. Don't do it. Do not use Sears or HMS ever! Put that monthly payment aside and then if something goes wrong you have the money handy to pay for the repair from a qualified company or to purchase new appliance if necessary. Buying a Sears home warranty is like flushing your money down the toilet, which is exactly what I'd like to do to them. Oh, where it says "affiliation" on the form, I accidentally clicked that I was employee or otherwise affiliated. I am not and the sample I received was the very worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Scammers

from Memphis Tennessee

Pros

• There are no pros

Cons

• Unstable

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Run if anyone tell you Sears home warranty is what you need. They don't fix anything if they did it only work a week. They will avoid your calls and keep you on hold until you hang up. If you don't hang up they will tell you someone will call you to make an appointment and they don't call. Don't buy Sears home warranty.

RUBBISH SERVICE

from OHIO

About Me Gourmet Chef

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I WOULD SUGGEST EVERYONE AVOIDS THIS PLAN. IT IS USELESS AND DOES NOT CARRY OUT THE PROFESSIONALISM THEY OFFER. I AM WAITING FOR A REPLACEMENT WAHSING MACHINE FOR OVER 2 WEEKS. I CANT WAIT TO CANCEL THIS SERVICE.

Fraud! Fraud! Fraud! Fraud

from Middleburg, Florida

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I purchased an extended warranty from Sears to cover my appliances. It by far, is the one of the worst financial investments that I have ever made. Sears is a RIP OFF. I have a Sears Kenmore refrigerator which quit freezing as the compressor went bad. The technician that came was a nice person and seemed competent at his job. After diagnosing the problem he told me that he would need to order the part and come back. The problem is that after close to a month, and calling Sears they still have not fixed my refrigerator. At first the part was not readily available locally and they would have to track it down at a California parts supplier. Then it went to it is no longer available and they would have to offer me a new refrigerator or cash of $500.00. When I asked when would that happen? They said they would get back to me but that they had a backlog of 6000 claims and could not be sure when it would happen. Call us in a week, we should know by then was their response. Each time I have called they kept telling me one more week. It is now approximately a month without any settlement and no refrigerator in sight. They continue to deduct the monthly payment from my bank for the cost of the warranty, but I found out that if you cancel there is a cancelation fee and if you buy a new refrigerator because you no longer have the use of one, or if you go out and get another company to fix it, they will no longer pay, even if you were covered under the warranty and they forced your action. Sears is obviously going out of business and deservedly so. Try to get in touch with Administration to complain higher up/ Good Luck to that. I am going to write to the State Attorney's Office and file a consumer fraud complaint. It appears that they will not settle this claim and I have no choice left but to get another refrigerator from some other company. I will never do business with SEARS ever again. By the way, this is my second nightmare with them.

Cancelled My Renewal Today!!

from Hyattsville, MD

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I just ended a call checking the status of my claim dated 12/19/17 for my Microwave. The outsourced contracting company that came out, assessed the appliance and concluded a part was bad and needed to be replaced. However, the part was unable to be found so they informed Sears. Sears decides to do their own search (no communications) with me. After a week and a half , today they tell me that its on back order with no ETA. Thankfully I don't really use the microwave, its used by my son, but had this been a major appliance in my home I would be livid. I have been paying for this service for 2 years and unless you have updated appliances with readily available parts, that just so happened to not stay functioning, I personally think it's a waste of money. I did the math and its more cost effective to just pay for the repairs myself. They get 2 stars from me, but this claim is a major turn off. Very poor servicing. I should have been contacted and made aware and overall if the part is on backorder AND for an appliance that has been discontinued (2006 model), then why not just replace it hands down. I should not be out of service of my appliance for weeks on out like this.

• Single Male

Bad warranty!

from indiana

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Still waiting to get my dishwasher fixed after 4 wks. Have warranty coverage. After several calls to them I hear "still in research". Will never get this warranty again.