1.2
Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

1.2

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (4), Casual cook (3)
    • I Am A:
    • Family older kids (7), Family young kids (7), Couple no kids (4)
    • No (19)

Excellent protection plan!

We purchased a Kenmore Elite 30 cu ft French door with Grab n Go door fridge with ice maker and water dispenser on the outside of the fridge. We really get use from the grab n go doors. However, after a year, the ice cube feature stopped working. The ice machine made ice, however, it could not be dispensed because the ice froze in the shoot and got stuck. After several calls to have a technician come out to defrost the in door shoot, I called the warranty plan and requested a new fridge because of all the difficulties we have had---why have the crushed ice feature if you can't use it! The request was granted and we were issued a credit towards a new fridge. Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the fridge. Overall, it was easy dealing with customer service and the technicians weee friendly, courteous and on time.

What a joke

I purchased the sears home warranty because I am working out of town and wanted my wife to be covered if something went wrong. Well the warranty went wrong. Sears sells the warranty to a third party who doesn't cover anything. Bottom line the technician told my wife when he left the house that they would fix or replace the washing machine. Two weeks later after no on called to set an appointment to fix it my wife called and was told the reason no one called is that the problem (bearing) was not covered under warranty, it would cost an additional $300 to fix. My wife called me and we agreed to have it fixed, she called back and the technician now said he would not fix it for less than $550. So this is what sears has turned into. OH yea and if I want to cancel the agreement it will cost me $175. I will never step foot in another sears or K-mart store as long as I live.

What a crock

from Longview, TX

Pros

Cons

• bad service response

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I spent over 5 hours on multiple phone calls and lost a day and a half from work waiting for a technician that never came. Then they contracted a third party company who did promptly respond and gave an estimate to fix it (Clothes Washer).Sears refused to pay the cost to fix and refused to replace the washer. They said that the washer tub wasn't covered and everything else was damaged from the faulty tub so those repairs weren't covered either. Consequently, my many months of payments did not serve me in the slightest.

Bad deal

from San Marcos, Texas

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

Cons

• unreliable

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Sears took $80 of my money and I got NOTHING in return! I signed up for the home appliance warranty because I needed my Samsung washing machine repaired. During the initial contact, I was talked into signing up for the warranty program. The repairman came, and after 5-minute inspection pronounced my machine not repairable but said I qualified for a $500 credit on a new machine provided it was purchased at a Sears appliance store. A 60 mile round trip to the nearest Sears store and a 3 hour ordeal at the store resulted in someone up the Sears chain of command refusing to honor the credit. We left and purchased a machine elsewhere. When I called Sears within 48 hours to cancel the membership and request all charges be refunded, I was informed that somebody had made a mistake and the credit was good. And furthermore, I was informed that I shouldn't have been charged the $80 for the service call. Since our experience had been so stressful and nasty, and because we had already purchased elsewhere, they agreed to cancel and refund all charges. A MONTH later the initial $49.99 monthly membership fee was refunded but I was informed that the $80 was not refundable. We feel like Sears took our money and then thumbed their nose at us! It's no wonder that the formerly trusted Sears brand is in steep decline and Sears will soon be a memory.

• Couple No Kids

What a joke!!!

from Huffman, Texas

Pros

Cons

• Cannot get their stories straight.
            • Left hand says one thing, right hand says anothe

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

We called to get a refrigerator repaired and Carlos out of Humble office told us one thing and finally that the only way they could fix it was with the purchase of a warranty. But we could cancel after 30 days and get our money back. We had to pay $80.00 for them to come out and then it was suppose to be $129.??. The warranty was $49.00 a month and that is what we would get back. The compressor on this LG refrigerator was still under warrany. We were without a refrigerator for 3 weeks while LG shipped the compressor to us so that Sears could make the repair. Now, in order to get out of the warranty, we have to pay almost $600.00. The labor was suppose to be about l$300.00 and the compressor was no cost. When I asked why they said for the cost of the compressor and labor. Seems like you shouldn't have to pay for a free compressor that is under warranty. So we either pay almost $600.00 or stay with the warranty. So many different people from Sears saying so many different things.

WHAT A JOKE - RUN RUN AWAY FAST TERRIBLE SERVICE

from LYNDON, ILLINOIS

TERRBILE SERVICE, DO NOT GET WARRENTY

Terrible Service

from Virginia Beach VA

Pros

• Home Warranty yearly check on AC unit

Cons

• Did not complete per contract

• Service

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

A yearly check on our air unit was done by this company at the request of Sears (Cross Country Home Warranty). The checklist was completed per the tech and he asked me to sign it. I should not have signed as when I asked him the amp draws, he said he could tell me, the unit was okay by just listening to the unit per the tech. Never heard of such. I also explained the drain had been stopped, which was one item on the check list. I showed him what I knocked out of it and he said to pour bleach in it by going in the attic. The Sears rep told me afterwards that they do not recommend the customer doing this. The checklist says (Check and clear primary and secondary lines and pans). After the appointment, I checked the warranty book much closer. Contacting ABC again, he stated the checkup does not include this, but the book says it does. I have been back in contact with the warranty company and since I signed the form they would do nothing. All I asked was for the check to be done per their specs. My big mistake and I admit it, was to sign the form, but then how many people would know enough to even imagine everything wasn't done. I had a number of conversations with Cross County ( Sears) Home Warranty as well as with ABC and even the Case Management Department of the warranty company. I do know this, that the warranty company, the tech, and myself knows the truth. I hardly ever leave a negative post for anything, but this time it upset me. I am not going to tell anyone not to use Sears Home Warranty (Cross Country Home Warranty), or ABC Heating and Air. I would advise to be cautious in choosing a warranty company and the company they assign work to be done. We also have a place in Georgia and Sears did a great job on that location and did check and complete everything on the checklist. All contacts, phone calls and information was forwarded on to our attorney for verification. As I stated, they just got away with one and I wonder how many other people experi

Home Warrant plan

from Vancouver,Wa

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

My husband and I purchased this home warranty plan due to we have a rental home and we do not live in the same town. when it came time to use it for the hot water heater we were mislead several times and then denied the coverage. the jerked us around and around and I the whole way keep them informed and of the plan and never once did anybody say anything to use that we could not do those things, and we told them before we did anything. when we finally had to all a plumbing service we were denied the claim because my husband went up to see what was wrong with the water heater and found out it was the heating element and we could not buy the element because the water heater is 17 years old. these are the worst informed group of people that I have ever run into. Ever time you call you get a different answer. DO NOT BUY.

BUYER BEWARE!!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Buying this home warranty was one of the worst decisions I've ever made. It was sold to me as a one time purchase, but they charged me monthly, wanted me to pay multiple deductibles for the same types of services (plumbing) and charged me fees and interest to cancel. It was a horrible experience.

The sub out to the lowest bidder

from Baltimore Md

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Sears Home Warranty subs to the lowest bidder and it shows in the quality of the repairs or lack there of. One month to repair a dishwasher. 8-10 phone calls. 2 vendors. I bought this for piece of mind. All I did is buy another job as a subcontractor and job foreman chasing everyone down. Don't waste your time and money.

Excellent protection plan!

from Berlin CT

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

• Family Young Kids

Run from this company!

from Phoenix Arizona

Pros

Cons

• Sears Home Warranty is a rip-off

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I bought a Sears Home Warranty and they refuse to replace a water heater that the contract says is covered. They want to replace it with a smaller one (50 gallons vs. 80 gallons). This "warranty service" is a rip off!