1.1
Sears
Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

1.1

Pros

• Attractive (4)

Cons

• Leaks (4)
  • Unstable (4)
  • Flimsy construction (3)
  • Hard to use (3)

• Small kitchens (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (13), Avid cook (7)
    • I Am A:
    • Family older kids (24), Family young kids (11), Couple no kids (10), Single female (7)

Excellent protection plan!

We purchased a Kenmore Elite 30 cu ft French door with Grab n Go door fridge with ice maker and water dispenser on the outside of the fridge. We really get use from the grab n go doors. However, after a year, the ice cube feature stopped working. The ice machine made ice, however, it could not be dispensed because the ice froze in the shoot and got stuck. After several calls to have a technician come out to defrost the in door shoot, I called the warranty plan and requested a new fridge because of all the difficulties we have had---why have the crushed ice feature if you can't use it! The request was granted and we were issued a credit towards a new fridge. Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the fridge. Overall, it was easy dealing with customer service and the technicians weee friendly, courteous and on time.

What a joke

I purchased the sears home warranty because I am working out of town and wanted my wife to be covered if something went wrong. Well the warranty went wrong. Sears sells the warranty to a third party who doesn't cover anything. Bottom line the technician told my wife when he left the house that they would fix or replace the washing machine. Two weeks later after no on called to set an appointment to fix it my wife called and was told the reason no one called is that the problem (bearing) was not covered under warranty, it would cost an additional $300 to fix. My wife called me and we agreed to have it fixed, she called back and the technician now said he would not fix it for less than $550. So this is what sears has turned into. OH yea and if I want to cancel the agreement it will cost me $175. I will never step foot in another sears or K-mart store as long as I live.

My rating on them is NEGATIVE 5 !

from New Hyde Park, NY

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Their warranty plan is a JOKE!! All they want is your money! I've taken off work four times in four months to get my dishwasher fixed. On top of that had to pay the $70 deductible on the 1st visit when the tech said - oh I don't do repairs & asked for payment. HE DID NOTHING! Then the next appt. was the next month - where that tech said oh I don't have the parts - knowing that I needed repair. He even asked for the $70 and I said no I paid that last time - finally get the parts & the service was cancelled because the tech called out sick - did they tell me NO!! I had to call & ask where he was - now they want me to take off another day weeks later - Useless agents on the other end of the phone who keep passing the blame on other offices.
DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE - IT IS A DIS-SERVICE!! Aggravated, professional single mom - not going to support SEARS anymore.

• Family Young Kids

Do not use them

from Mobile,Al

About Me Avid Cook

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I called Sears to fix my free standing range. The oven was not working properly but still working. They sent a repair man man the next day. He did not know what he was doing and did not turn off the electricity to my stove. He shorted the whole thing out so we have to replace. The stove I bought is now over their price cap so they will not replace. I basically get half of what I paid for the stove. That is if they ever send the check. It has been over a month and "the check was in the mail" now it is time to stop payment on that check and "reissue" another one. Sounds like the run around to me.

• Couple No Kids

SEARS is Bankrupt!

from Bakersfield

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Quality Construction

Cons

• Leaks

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Sears covers nothing! I used to have them years ago in 2008 for my refrigerator and they fixed it 2 to 3 tomes in 5 years or so? In August, I bought their Whole Home Warranty Program and I called them in for November for an appointment for my HVAC system. My neighbor is a HVAC Technician and I have known him for over 14 years. He owns his own HVAC business and told me exactly what was wrong with my HVAC after Sears left to make sure they were honest. He told me it needed a condenser motor, a couple of Capacitors and a drain pan that can be fixed by either fabrication or a similar drain pan that can be drilled to fit! The contract you will sign is open ended for Sears to get out of as my Attorney has told me. When all is said and done do NOT go with Sears as THEY ARE BANKRUPT, their contracts are open ended and you will have to sue them, and their are no service technicians available as most have quit or are new and do not know enough to fabricate the parts when not available! STAY AWAY!!!

Never Purchase SEARS Product Again

from San Diego, CA

About Me Avid Cook

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Kenmore is actually an LG product. Our refrigerator is still under warranty and has already broken and unusable. SEARS has failed us on all levels. Our refrigerator has been broken for almost 2 months with no contact back from SEARS concerning our numerous efforts to get the unit repaired or replaced. Customer service is both unprofessional and incompetent. Supervisors apparently will say anything to get us off the phone, including false statements. As of 11/13/2018, the unit has not been replaced. On numerous occasions, SEARS has scheduled repair persons to come. However, the repair people don't show up and don't call us to say that. Very rude and unprofessional staff. It's no wonder that this company is failing so miserably. Not sure what our next step is. Our refrigerator cost us $3,000 and doesn't work. We can't seem to get the unit repaired. Horrible service from SEARS.

bad sevice

from Easlake Ohio

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Flimsy Construction
  • Leaks
  • Unstable

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

sears service forgot they are in business to serve the customer not the customer to serve at there convenience. we work to pay for the appliance/ service or warranty. not to lose work to wait for a serviceman that does not show up or cancels at the last minute. I for one can NOT recommend their service or their appliances!!!!

Don't do it!!!

from Gowanda,NY

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Purchased the Sears Home Warranty in August 2018 to have my washing machine repaired. Took me weeks for the part to come. Another week for the repairman to make it here. 4 days my washer worked then started having the same issue all over again. New part order was placed October 9th, and it still has not arrived. Going on 3 months without a washing machine and I have 2 boys that play sports. I called today and they have no idea when the part will arrive. And refused to let me speak to someone higher up than them. Really angey at this point and about to tell them to replace the whole washing machine!

DO NOT PURCHACE THIS WARRANTY SERVICE

from DALLAS, TX

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

SAVE YOUR MONEY - PUT IT ASIDE, WHEN FACTORY WARRANTY RUNS OUT EITHER HAVE A REPUTABLE REPAIR GUY FIX IT OR REPLACE THE APPLIANCE. WE HAVE HAD MULTIPLE SERVICE CALLS ON THE SAME PRODUCT, THEY KEEP REPLACING THE SAME PART WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST REPLACED THE APPLIANCE. PRACTICALLY A SCAM IN MY OPINION.

DON'T PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY TOTAL SHAM

from Philadelphia PA

Pros

Cons

• Compressor design

• Large Kitchens

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I purchased in 5/2018 a Sears home warranty on my appliances. First what they sold me in no way matches the actual contract. On Tuesday my 3 year old Kenmore Elite grab and go bottom freezer stopped working altogether. Called the warranty people, thinking so glad I have it, they said we have no one in your area that is available to come out and look at your refrigerator for 2 months. Well I guess there was a cancellation Miss Appliances came out did not even open the refrigerator writes down some part asks for the 75 dollar deductible in cash. He said he would order the part and be back in 3 to 5 days. One hour later the owner calls and says we don't do that part. Found out later they don't do any parts. They are a fraud collecting deductibles from various warranty companies. Over the next few days got messages that service providers are available. But everyone of them when I called them fell through for some reason or another. Like we don't come to your area, we don't work on Sears Appliances, ect I also want to note there are multiple class action and individual law suits against them. One poor lady is going on 5 months with them and no one has repaired her refrigerator.
      So on Friday, I decided not to use them, I am pretty sure the bad part is covered under the 5 year manufacturers warranty. So I called the Sears Manufacture Warranty division. Oh another note
      with the Sears Home warranty you can't use actual Sears Technicians they are not covered under the contract. So I had an appointment today 10/13 for a Sears Tech to come out in the morning. This was through the manufacture warranty I would have to pay for labor. I was fine with this and thrilled a real technician was coming to fix my refrigerator freezer that was down since Tuesday morning.
      Happy Ending No Was looking through my emails Friday evening and saw a cancellation notice for the Saturday appointment. Come to find out, for some reason, the Sears home warranty people saw the appointment, and with o

• Couple No Kids

Horrible...WORST deal ever we made

from Miami

Pros

Cons

• Crooked

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Bad microwave.. 1999 Microwave broke, was magnatron...they fixed it...broke again they wanted another 100 up front to fix it....My bet is they dont replace anything if possible.....70 a month plus 100 up front..

also water faucet broke....replaced with a cheapest ever facet which leaks to this day....if we called again....been another 150 dollar water facet which cost $15

• Was this a gift?:

I am about to go crazy!!!!

from Missouri

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• No pros, is there a negative rating on here?

Cons

• Sears doesn't care............

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I have been waiting for assistance in furnace maintenance for the last nine months. The company they refer to me calls and sets up appointments and then doesn't show. I've called Sears and have been put on hold for up to an hour or they drop the call. I told them to cancel the home warranty, but I did want my furnace checked before the time is up and we are down to the last 4 days. This is the worst nightmare kind of joke I've ever witnessed.