1.3
Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

1.3

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (3), Casual cook (3)
    • I Am A:
    • Family young kids (7), Family older kids (5), Couple no kids (3)
    • No (15)

Excellent protection plan!

We purchased a Kenmore Elite 30 cu ft French door with Grab n Go door fridge with ice maker and water dispenser on the outside of the fridge. We really get use from the grab n go doors. However, after a year, the ice cube feature stopped working. The ice machine made ice, however, it could not be dispensed because the ice froze in the shoot and got stuck. After several calls to have a technician come out to defrost the in door shoot, I called the warranty plan and requested a new fridge because of all the difficulties we have had---why have the crushed ice feature if you can't use it! The request was granted and we were issued a credit towards a new fridge. Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the fridge. Overall, it was easy dealing with customer service and the technicians weee friendly, courteous and on time.

What a joke

I purchased the sears home warranty because I am working out of town and wanted my wife to be covered if something went wrong. Well the warranty went wrong. Sears sells the warranty to a third party who doesn't cover anything. Bottom line the technician told my wife when he left the house that they would fix or replace the washing machine. Two weeks later after no on called to set an appointment to fix it my wife called and was told the reason no one called is that the problem (bearing) was not covered under warranty, it would cost an additional $300 to fix. My wife called me and we agreed to have it fixed, she called back and the technician now said he would not fix it for less than $550. So this is what sears has turned into. OH yea and if I want to cancel the agreement it will cost me $175. I will never step foot in another sears or K-mart store as long as I live.

The sub out to the lowest bidder

from Baltimore Md

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Sears Home Warranty subs to the lowest bidder and it shows in the quality of the repairs or lack there of. One month to repair a dishwasher. 8-10 phone calls. 2 vendors. I bought this for piece of mind. All I did is buy another job as a subcontractor and job foreman chasing everyone down. Don't waste your time and money.

• Family Older Kids

Excellent protection plan!

from Berlin CT

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Run from this company!

from Phoenix Arizona

Pros

Cons

• Sears Home Warranty is a rip-off

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I bought a Sears Home Warranty and they refuse to replace a water heater that the contract says is covered. They want to replace it with a smaller one (50 gallons vs. 80 gallons). This "warranty service" is a rip off!

Horrible Warranty Service

from Atlanta, GA

Pros

Cons

• Hard To Use
            • Waste of Time and Money

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I purchased to make sure I had a reliable repair service for appliances/systems. My hot water tank is leaking and I called them to schedule a repair. First they tell me they can only schedule an 8am - 5pm service call with no window of time. So when I told them I would prefer a specific window, they referred me to 3 other contractors. The first so I called said they couldn't find my claim number in the system. I'm still waiting on the other 2 to return my call. So I called the main 800# again to go ahead and schedule the 8am 5pm and they then told me I have to pay $85.00, which is not deducted from the overall service call. So they were planning to just charge me 85.00, plus the cost of repair and I'm paying a 39.99 monthly fee. Most companies will deduct the service fee from the cost of repair. So far, this has been a total waste of money and I can't wait to get out of my contract Feb 2017. Bye, Bye Sears!!!

• Single Female

The contract is thru CROSS COUNTRY

from SAN Jose, CA

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Everyone and anyone with a Sears home warranty please be aware the contract is thru cross country . Sears just sells it for cross coutry and has their name on it. If you have a shw I suggest cancellation right away

Terrible Repair Service . Useless customer service

from NY

Pros

Cons

• Limited knowledge how to repair appliances
                • Time to repair is too long a wait
                • Unable to repair and then need to wait longer

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Would never recommend the warrant to anyone. Just a big waste of time waiting for the repair to happen and then the disappointment when being told another appointment will be needed to complete. I am waiting for almost a month to get my washer repaired.

Buyer beware .... Techs are great but the system sucks!

from Slidell, LA

Pros

Cons

• Cancelled appointments, late part shipments,

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

It took us four appointments (9 hour window that can't be shortened) to get our washer working. First visit, had to order a part. Second visit, wrong part. New part not expedited. Third visit, wrong part arrived, right part did not. Fourth visit finally fixed.

Then we needed a freezer repair. Scheduled for a Saturday (8-5 again). Got a call at 9:30 that the tech's truck broke down. No other tech available.

Got an email that the appointment was cancelled because parts hadn't arrived. How can there be a need for parts when the tech never even got to the house?

Tried to schedule online (per the email and phone recording). Can't be done. Must call.

Called to reschedule. We are not available next weekend. No appointments available the following. WE didn't cancel. THEY did.

WE ARE VERY FRUSTRATED and disappointed with the failure to provide reasonable services.

Sorry we purchased the Home Services Warranty.

So far, No good

from Harlem, NYC

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Knowledgeable technicians

Cons

• Charging 50% surcharge on PartsDirect parts

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Be forewarned: If you call for a Sears repair and you sign up for a one-year major appliance contract, your first repair, if it is within 30 days, has a $500 limit. The tech listed the part numbers on my receipt so I looked them up on Sears Parts Direct and saw that each part was marked up about 50%. When I called to complain, the Service Manager explained that their technicians used expensive mobile technology to order parts on-the-go and this is why a $295 part on their own website costs $455 when the tech orders it.
                      I'm so disappointed, this is definitely not my father's Sears & Roebuck.

Piece of Junk!!!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

They have come out 7 times and have not been able to fix my issue with my refrigerator. The ice melts and refreezes. Then both the fridge and freezer quit cooling and everything melts and the water runs out onto my kitchen floor. They have replaced just about every part on this unit and STILL it is not fixed. They have spent more on these so called repairs than the fridge is worth but they still won't replace it. You expect to be taken care of when you buy a warranty but with Sears, nothing could be farther from the truth. I have been a lifelong customer of Sears but I am DONE with them!!!

• Couple No Kids