1.2
Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

1.2

Pros

Cons

• Hard to use (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (5), Avid cook (4)
    • I Am A:
    • Family older kids (11), Family young kids (9), Couple no kids (6), Single female (4)
    • No (27)

Excellent protection plan!

We purchased a Kenmore Elite 30 cu ft French door with Grab n Go door fridge with ice maker and water dispenser on the outside of the fridge. We really get use from the grab n go doors. However, after a year, the ice cube feature stopped working. The ice machine made ice, however, it could not be dispensed because the ice froze in the shoot and got stuck. After several calls to have a technician come out to defrost the in door shoot, I called the warranty plan and requested a new fridge because of all the difficulties we have had---why have the crushed ice feature if you can't use it! The request was granted and we were issued a credit towards a new fridge. Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the fridge. Overall, it was easy dealing with customer service and the technicians weee friendly, courteous and on time.

What a joke

I purchased the sears home warranty because I am working out of town and wanted my wife to be covered if something went wrong. Well the warranty went wrong. Sears sells the warranty to a third party who doesn't cover anything. Bottom line the technician told my wife when he left the house that they would fix or replace the washing machine. Two weeks later after no on called to set an appointment to fix it my wife called and was told the reason no one called is that the problem (bearing) was not covered under warranty, it would cost an additional $300 to fix. My wife called me and we agreed to have it fixed, she called back and the technician now said he would not fix it for less than $550. So this is what sears has turned into. OH yea and if I want to cancel the agreement it will cost me $175. I will never step foot in another sears or K-mart store as long as I live.

WORST COMPANY EVER

from Tracy Ca

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR THIS HOME WARRENTY FOR 2 YEARS AND NEVER USED IT. THE ONE TIME I CALL TO USE IT I HAVE TO PAY A $100.00 DEDUCTIBLE AND THEY CALLED ME BACK SAYING THAT THE ISSUE I WAS HAVING WITH MY FAUCET WAS NOT COVERED IN THE WARRENTY..
I WILL BE GOING BACK TO OLD REPUBLIC HOME WARRENTY.

sears is the worst home warranty

from el dorado hills

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

sears take you money you will get very little in return nothing is covered save your money

• Couple No Kids

Biggest RIP OFF

from Sarasota,FL

Pros

• Purchase extended warranty of four appliances

Cons

• Extended warranty NOT BEING FULFILLED

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Purchased $1300 extended warranty on four appliances. Dishwasher now out of service for 7 weeks. Sears warranty won't close out a ticket, as the same part has been replaces three times and doesn't work. Unless they can close out ticket, we are not eligible for a replacement dishwasher. And to make matters worse, repairman gouged our four year old hardwood floors.

WHAT A HEADACHE AND COMPLETE WASTE OF HARD EARNED MONEY

from PA

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I CANNOT BELIEVE A BUSINESS IS ALLOWED TO CHARGE MONEY FOR A PRODUCT THAT THEY DO NOT DELIVER. IT HAS BEEN THE WORSE HEADACHE IN DEALING WITH SEARS HOME WARRANTY. ON A COUPLE OF OCCASSIONS THEY KEEP YOU ON HOLD FOR EXTREMELY LONG TIME TO THE TUNE OF ONE HOUR OR MORE. YOU GET TRANSFERRED FROMONE DEPARTMENT TO ANOTHER AND THEN WHEN THE SERVICE PERSON SHOWS, THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO COME BACK BECAUSE THEY NEED TO 'CHECK' IF THE SERVICE IS COVERED. THEY MAKE SUGGESTIONS ON REPLACEMENTS WHEN ITEMS CAN BE REPAIRED. IT IS AN ATROCITY THAT THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DO BUSINESS.
    RUN DONT WALK FROM SEARS HOME WARRANTY.

• Family Older Kids

Sears Master Protection Plan

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Horrible, Horrible....Master protection plan from SEARS.!!!!!
    When whey say WE GUARANTY...actually in real live they don't.
    Almost 2 months they are trying to fix refrigerator. 4 time technicians showed up. Technician late for at lest 4 hours, no one will bother to call and let you know. I was hearing only SORRY, SORRY SORRY, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Awful Service - Do Not USe/Purchase

from Cupertino, CA

Pros

Cons

• Can not speak to a supervisor to resolve issues
      • Too Long For Service

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

We have been without a dryer for over a month. After our first visit a part was supposed to be ordered, when I called to follow-up I was told the issue was closed and we were going to have to start all over, with a new visit for a new person to check the equipment just to recommend ordering the same part again. After 90 minutes of back and forth, and being on hold, I finally was told I would get a call back from a supervisor (none were available). I spoke to a supervisor the next day and they went ahead and opened a new claim and ordered the part. Three weeks later we get a call the part is arriving, we already had an appointment set-up (usually you can't make an appointment until the part shows up, delaying everything another 1-2 weeks). Appointment is supposed to be 8-12, at 11am my wife calls to check on time, now it is 1-3, at 2:30 she calls and is told the tech closed the issue as solved. THEY NEVER SHOWED UP AT THE HOUSE!!! Back on the phone with Sears, they say the part is not the correct part and we should be getting a new dryer - the agent said "...this is all over the notes."...but Sears sub-contracts to Country Wide Home warranties. They need to approve the dryer and only they can tell us if they are getting us a dryer or if we go out and buy one and we get a credit from them. So far it has been 31 days since our first phone call to them with not dryer and no resolution. I would NOT recommend them to anyone for anything. Abysmal customer service, poor management, and just awful business practices.

• Family Young Kids
        • Was this a gift?:

Worst company I've ever dealt with!

from Gilroy, Ca

Pros

Cons

• Difficult To Clean
          • Hard To Use
          • Leaks

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Never, Ever will do business with Sears again! We purchased a 1 year warranty package for our appliances. Six months after paying them, our clothes washer broke. I called Sears, was told it would take a week to 10 days to send out a repair guy. Told them that was too long, they said I could call a contractor and gave me a #, I called that number two days in a row, no call back. Called Sears again, told me they'd send another contractor out (apparently Sears repair people are just too busy) in a week but someone would call me to let me know when they'd come. A week goes by, no call. I called Sears again, they said the contractor would be out that day. The contractor arrives and tells me had had NO scheduled appt. with me but was in the area. He looked at the machine for 5 minutes, told me he'd have to order a part and charged me $75 (my deductible), and would let me know when the part was in.. It's been 8 days now and no call. I called Sears back yesterday, no call back. Today I get a call from Sears and am told that they gave the repair guy authorization to order the part and that it would take a week to get it in. This has been going on now for WEEKS and STILL no one can tell me when my machine will be repaired. This warranty cost us $600, worst waste of money EVER!

• Family Older Kids

Absolutely WILL NOT Renew this contract

from Ferndale, Michigan

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• Cannot understand telephone representative
              • Two week wait for a 3rd service call

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Cannot understand telephone representative due to thick accents on all four conversations. Called three weeks ago, tech came out and had to order a "mother" board for the fridge. Ten days later, a different tech installed it saying the refrigerator "accepted" the repair. 24 hours later, no ice, freezer keeps frozen thing mostly frozen, does not freeze ice solid yet, might be by tomorrow, and now we cant get anyone out here for two more weeks, at least I believe that's what I was told. That would make it FIVE WEEKS since we called for an appointment

• Couple No Kids
              • Was this a gift?:

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

from New Hope PA

About Me Casual Cook

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

If there was an option for NO stars, I would've chosen that. My refrigerator is one year old, an Elite model (which is a joke) and therefore still covered under warranty. I'm told there is a 3 week wait for repair. My unit is not working at all, and now I'm expected to wait 3 weeks for a repairman. Is this what they call 'ELITE service???'
              Horrible.

• Single Female

If you make large claim they will cancel.

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I purchased the home warranty thinking it would be nice to have coverage for home appliances. Unfortunately my furnace stopped working in mid winter. Sear quickly sent someone out and the furnaces had to be replaced. It took weeks for them to approve the replacement. It was only done after I called very upset because my dad who was dying of cancer was here in a cold house with no heat. It was then that they informed me that they were waiting for my approval of repairs that would cost me an additional 200 for installation. No problem right? Nope it to another week. When I purchased the warranty I informed them that my central air and heating has been here since 1975, but I had kept up the maintenance on it and have had no problems with it. They informed me that it did not matter what the age of the appliances were. In May the central air went out again Sears responded quickly the first technician made appointment after appointment and never showed up. After several calls to Sears the man showed I paid the $60 service fee and he did nothing but try to sale me his products and the problem continued. I once again called Sear who told me they would send a different technician out, but if they did I would have to pay another $60 fee unless they send the first guy out again. I agreed to pay the additional fee and the company who replaced my furnace came out. They concluded the system was so d that it would only continue to give us problems unless It is repaired. Again I waited weeks in 80 and 90 degree temperature. I called and again they told me that the replacement had been approved, but they were waiting for me to approve the installation price of $80. Finally after another 2 weeks my new unit was put in. 2 months later Sears sent me a letter stating they have chosen to opt out our home warranty contract really? I have paid 69.99 for 12 months plus $460. I saved a considerably amount of money by having the warranty so I give them 3 stars.