1.1

1.1

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (3)
    • I Am A:
    • Family young kids (6), Family older kids (4), Couple no kids (3)
    • No (13)

Amazing Service!

This warranty exceeded my expectations. I have used the actual service twice. One time I needed my ice-maker fixed in my refrigerator. I called, made an appointment, and they were available the next day! They were also on time (a rarity with these types of things), and the repairman was exceptionally nice and respectful. The second time, after a year of use, my fridge died completely. They ended up replacing it with a brand new one for no cost!

Do Not Buy a Sears Home Appliance Warranty

Sears Home Appliance Warranty program use to be good. Now, It is absolutely useless and could care less about customers.
I scheduled an appointment and took the day off of work....Read complete review

I scheduled an appointment and took the day off of work. The day before the scheduled appointment,the thrid party vendor called and said they couldn't make it.
When I called Sears, they told me I had to work it out with the thrid party vendor. They also told me there were no other vendors in Southern California. The individual I spoke to told me he was the highest supervisor at Sears and no one was above him.
I told them I wrote the check to Sears and not the third party vendor, he said yes but he couldn't do anything.
The bottom line is, Sears could care less about the customer. This is the second time this has happened and the last time it will happen to me.

Horrible Warranty Service

from Atlanta, GA

Pros

Cons

• Hard To Use
    • Waste of Time and Money

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I purchased to make sure I had a reliable repair service for appliances/systems. My hot water tank is leaking and I called them to schedule a repair. First they tell me they can only schedule an 8am - 5pm service call with no window of time. So when I told them I would prefer a specific window, they referred me to 3 other contractors. The first so I called said they couldn't find my claim number in the system. I'm still waiting on the other 2 to return my call. So I called the main 800# again to go ahead and schedule the 8am 5pm and they then told me I have to pay $85.00, which is not deducted from the overall service call. So they were planning to just charge me 85.00, plus the cost of repair and I'm paying a 39.99 monthly fee. Most companies will deduct the service fee from the cost of repair. So far, this has been a total waste of money and I can't wait to get out of my contract Feb 2017. Bye, Bye Sears!!!

• Single Female

The contract is thru CROSS COUNTRY

from SAN Jose, CA

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Everyone and anyone with a Sears home warranty please be aware the contract is thru cross country . Sears just sells it for cross coutry and has their name on it. If you have a shw I suggest cancellation right away

Terrible Repair Service . Useless customer service

from NY

Pros

Cons

• Limited knowledge how to repair appliances
        • Time to repair is too long a wait
        • Unable to repair and then need to wait longer

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Would never recommend the warrant to anyone. Just a big waste of time waiting for the repair to happen and then the disappointment when being told another appointment will be needed to complete. I am waiting for almost a month to get my washer repaired.

Buyer beware .... Techs are great but the system sucks!

from Slidell, LA

Pros

Cons

• Cancelled appointments, late part shipments,

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

It took us four appointments (9 hour window that can't be shortened) to get our washer working. First visit, had to order a part. Second visit, wrong part. New part not expedited. Third visit, wrong part arrived, right part did not. Fourth visit finally fixed.

Then we needed a freezer repair. Scheduled for a Saturday (8-5 again). Got a call at 9:30 that the tech's truck broke down. No other tech available.

Got an email that the appointment was cancelled because parts hadn't arrived. How can there be a need for parts when the tech never even got to the house?

Tried to schedule online (per the email and phone recording). Can't be done. Must call.

Called to reschedule. We are not available next weekend. No appointments available the following. WE didn't cancel. THEY did.

WE ARE VERY FRUSTRATED and disappointed with the failure to provide reasonable services.

Sorry we purchased the Home Services Warranty.

So far, No good

from Harlem, NYC

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Knowledgeable technicians

Cons

• Charging 50% surcharge on PartsDirect parts

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Be forewarned: If you call for a Sears repair and you sign up for a one-year major appliance contract, your first repair, if it is within 30 days, has a $500 limit. The tech listed the part numbers on my receipt so I looked them up on Sears Parts Direct and saw that each part was marked up about 50%. When I called to complain, the Service Manager explained that their technicians used expensive mobile technology to order parts on-the-go and this is why a $295 part on their own website costs $455 when the tech orders it.
              I'm so disappointed, this is definitely not my father's Sears & Roebuck.

Piece of Junk!!!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

They have come out 7 times and have not been able to fix my issue with my refrigerator. The ice melts and refreezes. Then both the fridge and freezer quit cooling and everything melts and the water runs out onto my kitchen floor. They have replaced just about every part on this unit and STILL it is not fixed. They have spent more on these so called repairs than the fridge is worth but they still won't replace it. You expect to be taken care of when you buy a warranty but with Sears, nothing could be farther from the truth. I have been a lifelong customer of Sears but I am DONE with them!!!

• Couple No Kids

What a joke

from Oviedo, Florida

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I purchased the sears home warranty because I am working out of town and wanted my wife to be covered if something went wrong. Well the warranty went wrong. Sears sells the warranty to a third party who doesn't cover anything. Bottom line the technician told my wife when he left the house that they would fix or replace the washing machine. Two weeks later after no on called to set an appointment to fix it my wife called and was told the reason no one called is that the problem (bearing) was not covered under warranty, it would cost an additional $300 to fix. My wife called me and we agreed to have it fixed, she called back and the technician now said he would not fix it for less than $550. So this is what sears has turned into. OH yea and if I want to cancel the agreement it will cost me $175. I will never step foot in another sears or K-mart store as long as I live.

• Family Older Kids
              • Was this a gift?:

Do Not Purchase this Warranty!!!! Beware!

from Forrest City ,Arkansas

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

The home warranty service from Sears home warranty is no good. They will have things so mixed up. Sending wrong parts, then sending to wring locations. Etc. my dryer has been down since Jan. 25 th 2016. It is now March 19th. Not repaired yet. The contractor to do the service was Abram heat and air out if West Memphis ar. So unprofessional . Smelt like ashtray . Did not have proper tools to do their work on my dryer. I am beyond frustrated with Sears Home warranty Service I could cry!!! And I have .

THERE MUST BE A BETTER SERVICER!!

from Kathleen, GA

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I have been an avid user of Sears appliances and was elated to learn of their Home Warranty. If fit my 24/7 lifestyle at a price I could afford with a family of 9. Until I began using the service and kept getting the run around! I have lost at least 3 days off work to wait for repairmen that have never showed and been put off time and time again for 2-3 week stretches to reschedule the repair. When they did come out they repaired the wrong part that didn't fix the issue, then charged me a second deduct to come out and fix it again! The issue began in March 2015 and by August 2015, I was still struggling with the same isaue. I refused to pay for service I was not receiving and cancelled the warranty. However, because of my life long business with Sears, I decided to try them once more. (What can I say... I'm loyal.) So I started my warranty AGAIN on 2/19/16, to be told I have to pay yet ANOTHER deductible for THE SAME issue, and 3 days later I am having the same issue with getting someone out to my home! ANOTHER day taken off my job to wait for a technician that never shows! Call back to be told they don't have record of an appointment! Then they find it, go to reschedule, and put me off for yet ANOTHER WEEK before they can get someone out to me. So now it has been almost a year with no resolution! So you tell me... is it worth paying for?!

• Was this a gift?:
              • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Unacceptable Customer Service

from San Francisco, California

Pros

Cons

• Irresponsible Management
                • Undependable

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

This is a review of Sears Home Warranty Service. Avoid it at all costs. Undependable. Stayed home for 2 days for a service call and on both days they cancelled late in the day although they must have known much earlier that the technician was not available. Do not buy.

• Family Older Kids