1.1
Sears
Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

1.1

Pros

• Attractive (3)

Cons

• Hard to use (3)
  • Unstable (3)

• Small kitchens (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (9), Avid cook (5)
    • I Am A:
    • Family older kids (18), Family young kids (10), Couple no kids (8), Single female (7)
    • No (42)

Excellent protection plan!

We purchased a Kenmore Elite 30 cu ft French door with Grab n Go door fridge with ice maker and water dispenser on the outside of the fridge. We really get use from the grab n go doors. However, after a year, the ice cube feature stopped working. The ice machine made ice, however, it could not be dispensed because the ice froze in the shoot and got stuck. After several calls to have a technician come out to defrost the in door shoot, I called the warranty plan and requested a new fridge because of all the difficulties we have had---why have the crushed ice feature if you can't use it! The request was granted and we were issued a credit towards a new fridge. Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the fridge. Overall, it was easy dealing with customer service and the technicians weee friendly, courteous and on time.

What a joke

I purchased the sears home warranty because I am working out of town and wanted my wife to be covered if something went wrong. Well the warranty went wrong. Sears sells the warranty to a third party who doesn't cover anything. Bottom line the technician told my wife when he left the house that they would fix or replace the washing machine. Two weeks later after no on called to set an appointment to fix it my wife called and was told the reason no one called is that the problem (bearing) was not covered under warranty, it would cost an additional $300 to fix. My wife called me and we agreed to have it fixed, she called back and the technician now said he would not fix it for less than $550. So this is what sears has turned into. OH yea and if I want to cancel the agreement it will cost me $175. I will never step foot in another sears or K-mart store as long as I live.

Sears is not the company it once was.

from Marlboro, NJ

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Sears Home Warranty sales people sold me a bill of goods promising me that in the event of equipment replacement, Sears would provide something comparable to the unit being replaced. After making 5 warranty payments, our ceiling fan stopped working. Sears assigned the job to a local electrician that didn't bother to answer or return our calls. I was reassigned to another electrician who diagnosed the problem to be a burnt motor and the only option was to replace the fan. Sears' offer was a builder grade white fan whereas ours was a high end fan with long blades and finished in antique brass. I spoke with the Sears rep who said that I should have read the fine print. Problem is, the warranty contract was delivered 2 weeks after my purchase and like most homeowners, I was hard pressed for time to review the many pages. My experience with Sears in past years was a company that took my word and did the right thing even if they were not contractually obligated. No wonder Sears is closing stores and the stock trades in the low single digits. I hope they go out of business sooner than later. I canceled my warranty yesterday and I will not enter another Sears store.

Worst company ever

from Northern California

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

Cons

• This is not the Sears that we all grew up with

• useless and frustrating

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Do not purchase ANY plan through Sears. It is not Sears Company anymore but an overseas corporation that has no ethical or professional oversight. I can only blame myself for not checking further into this company before purchasing a warranty plan. Trusting a "household" name is just plain naive on my part. You'd think that 65 years of life would have gifted me with more wisdom! They contract services on a local basis and you have no idea who you are going to be working with, if they show up at all. It's been over 5 months since my dryer stopped working and to this date, still has not been fixed. I attempted customer service, transferred from one department to the next, kept on hold, dropped calls, only to repeat the cycle for over 3 hours. Finally just called my credit card company and put a block on the charges. Will need to monitor for additional charges if this company uses different names and contest any future attempts at charging me for a useless contract.

• Single Female

Refrigerator compressor guaranteed to break every 6 months

from Youngsville LA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• Flimsy Construction
      • Unstable

• Large Kitchens

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Refrigerator is 2 years old. Compressor has been changed after one year, and now it is out again. I have had at least four repairmen look at it over the period that it was purchased. All four repairman have told us that Sears needs to recall this refrigerator's compressor. Everytime it breaks we are put on a call out list. This usually takes about on to two weeks before they can get a repairman out.Then he evaluates the problem (always the compressor), and leaves until they can get parts in (usually about 7 to 10 days). Then we have to reschedule repair man to come back and replace parts. The whole ordeal take about a month. So we live out of and ice chest for that time. What upsets me is that this is a well known issue with LG refrigerators that the Sears Co. chooses to ignore. Last Sears appliance i will every buy.

NEVER

from Fishkill NY 12524

Zero......NO STARS
      This company is the worst in dealing with real time issues.
      I had made an appointment a week in advance for a repair or assessment of a non preforming clothes washer. 2 confirming emails later and 1 call on the day before and the day of my 1 to 5 pm appointment I checked in at 10 am (as suggested by Sears) gave my phone number and a non person electronic robotic voice said the updated window of the visit was from 345pm to 545pm improving on the vague 1-5pm slot.
      Ok cool so went out to do some things came back at 1:48 with a note on the front door saying A&E was here at 1:05 and had gone and left a contact number of 1 800 905 9505. NO TEXTS before as promised....
      So I called the given # and said what happened ? You Sears said later
      3:45 and of course I was speaking with someone with a poor grasp of English on a script.. "Tel number...Name....What you have fixed..." I asked where are you? she said the Philippines. I asked for the local Sears number or dispatch and was given another number 1 800 4 MY HOME (1-800-469 4663) both answered in Columbia and again in the Philippines. I took the day off and had no repair.
      So if you want to deal with a company that says 345 to 545 and comes at 1:05 be my guest. And they wonder why Sears is a dying company? As a US citizen I clearly know why. People in this country are not good enough to talk on the phone? and when you call the local numbers ask them where they are. What a scam. I cant wait to see the local Sears go under to give another US local company the chance to serve our area.
      NEVER EVER AGAIN . But if you live in Columbia or the Philippines you may want to buy a Sear appliance.

Fishkill NY 12524

Do not ever Trust Sears

from tx

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

terrible plan, terrible service, and terrible parts

Avoid Sears Home Warranty

from Houston

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

If you have Sears repair your appliance, chances are that the technician will push you to buy a 'Sears Home Warranty' to cover your appliances and provide you peace of mind. In fact, he'll even discount his service by 50% that very day if you buy one. And who doesn't trust a legendary brand like Sears, right? And that kind Sears repairman looking out for your best interests.

Well, don't fall for it. For some reason, Sears saw fit to partner with Cross Country Home Services AKA HomeSure AKA Country Home Services. And they aren't reputable.

When I needed a repair on my dryer and range exhaust unit, it took two days to get a repair person out. He wasn't from Sears, but a small outfit that was badly reviewed online. He diagnosed the prob, said he'd order the parts and get back quickly as the parts were easy to find.
      We went without the dryer working for 8 days, and that was after much effort to get things moving. Then, on the 10th day, a rep from the HomeSure/CCHS calls to deny the claim on the built-in range exhaust unit. The small print apparently excludes this item completely. The only silver lining is that I needed repairs in the second month of my agreement, was able to reevaluate the deal and get out before paying a lot for a very little....a bad proposition overall. Avoid them and pay out of pocket to end up ahead.

FRAUD – Sears "Whole Home" Warranty – FRAUD

from Boston, MA

Pros

Cons

• You don't get the service that you're promised

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

This company is UNETHICAL: they try to make you wait out any substantial coverage and cancel your account if they do eventually pay out!! Under no circumstances would I recommend you use this company. DON'T DO IT! Customer service is abominable. They say they'll call back. Never once did they call me, reply to an email or send me a letter.
          You'd be better served to put that monthly payment aside and then if something goes wrong you have the money handy to pay for the repair from a qualified company or to purchase new appliances if necessary.

• Family Young Kids

+SEARS+ EXPENSIVE JUNK AND TERRIBLE WARRANTY SERVICE

from NH

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• JUNKY PRODUCTS WITH HORRIFYING SERVICE

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Every product I have purchased from Sears including a near $3000 fridge has been a complete and utter piece of junk. What happened to your products Sears? I owned a Kenmore fridge that lasted 25 years...and was still running when I decided to upgrade to the Kenmore Pro.....JUNK! What a fool I was to think that NEW was Better!!! The Sears HOME Warranty...well that is another facet of garbage that you offer. It has required that I be on "hold" more than an hour multiple times, just to speak to someone whom will happily transfer me to someone else. The whole process is atrocious! I am horrified that any large company such as this can even be still financially solvent given the pathetic products coupled with the terrible warranty service. The Sears HOME WARRANTY is a complete scam. It was 12/28 when I called to file a claim on my failed dishwasher and fridge...both Kenmore Elite and Pro.... and it is now 2/6/2018 and no repair has been made to date. Seriously! What did I spend money on all these months on a warranty for...???? A complete joke and terrible customer service.

• Was this a gift?:

Absolute Scam - You don't get what they sell!!!!!

from Houston Texas

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

This Warranty is a total scam. !st use, they came out fixed the problem with my washer. Then after I've paid for months I need the washer looked at again. They mis-scheduled, didn't contact, had the tech chow up wrong time, and then kept rescheduling. Took 5 appts before finally got the tech to the house. Washer needs a part no longer available thru Sears so it's referred to research. I waited a couple days call to check and they don't know how long. So call back the tech - he said no way it's available - washer is to old and it's a circuit board. Has referred for same part prior to this for someone else. So I call again and I'm told that research has to make a decision probably be 3-4 weeks !!!!! That's 6 weeks with no laundry. I am so upset. That is not what I was sold. I was told if we can't repair we replace - no issues !!! This has been nothing but issues. And now I've paid them more than the washer would cost. I will be disputing the charges thru my bank as not receiving what was sold to me. I've always bought Sears Kenmore - will be going elsewhere. Run !!!!!

Do not use Sears or HMS Home Warranty

from Springfield VA

Pros

Cons

• Coverage lies
                • Steals your money, noting in return
                • Unresponsive customer service

• Line bird cage

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I filed a request for service with Sears Home Warranty, which apparently uses HMS Warranty to cover this activity in the D.C. metro area. Under no circumstances would I recommend you use either of these companies. DON'T DO IT! Customer service is abominable. While they did send tech out quickly to inspect the problem with a burner on my range they never followed up. I contacted through email and just got standard auto reply. Never once did they call me, reply to an email or send me a letter. 3 months later, Steve still doesn't work and they just told me that the tech said it was repairable, but to get to the component they'd need to drill the screws out and that might damage the range requiring the unit be replaced. They wanted me to sign a waiver saying if anything happened in the course of the repair, they weren't liable. Don't do it. Do not use Sears or HMS ever! Put that monthly payment aside and then if something goes wrong you have the money handy to pay for the repair from a qualified company or to purchase new appliance if necessary. Buying a Sears home warranty is like flushing your money down the toilet, which is exactly what I'd like to do to them. Oh, where it says "affiliation" on the form, I accidentally clicked that I was employee or otherwise affiliated. I am not and the sample I received was the very worst customer service I have ever experienced.