1.2
Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

1.2

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (5), Avid cook (4)
    • I Am A:
    • Family older kids (9), Family young kids (8), Couple no kids (5), Single female (4)
    • No (23)

Excellent protection plan!

We purchased a Kenmore Elite 30 cu ft French door with Grab n Go door fridge with ice maker and water dispenser on the outside of the fridge. We really get use from the grab n go doors. However, after a year, the ice cube feature stopped working. The ice machine made ice, however, it could not be dispensed because the ice froze in the shoot and got stuck. After several calls to have a technician come out to defrost the in door shoot, I called the warranty plan and requested a new fridge because of all the difficulties we have had---why have the crushed ice feature if you can't use it! The request was granted and we were issued a credit towards a new fridge. Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the fridge. Overall, it was easy dealing with customer service and the technicians weee friendly, courteous and on time.

What a joke

I purchased the sears home warranty because I am working out of town and wanted my wife to be covered if something went wrong. Well the warranty went wrong. Sears sells the warranty to a third party who doesn't cover anything. Bottom line the technician told my wife when he left the house that they would fix or replace the washing machine. Two weeks later after no on called to set an appointment to fix it my wife called and was told the reason no one called is that the problem (bearing) was not covered under warranty, it would cost an additional $300 to fix. My wife called me and we agreed to have it fixed, she called back and the technician now said he would not fix it for less than $550. So this is what sears has turned into. OH yea and if I want to cancel the agreement it will cost me $175. I will never step foot in another sears or K-mart store as long as I live.

Absolutely WILL NOT Renew this contract

from Ferndale, Michigan

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• Cannot understand telephone representative
    • Two week wait for a 3rd service call

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Cannot understand telephone representative due to thick accents on all four conversations. Called three weeks ago, tech came out and had to order a "mother" board for the fridge. Ten days later, a different tech installed it saying the refrigerator "accepted" the repair. 24 hours later, no ice, freezer keeps frozen thing mostly frozen, does not freeze ice solid yet, might be by tomorrow, and now we cant get anyone out here for two more weeks, at least I believe that's what I was told. That would make it FIVE WEEKS since we called for an appointment

• Couple No Kids
    • Was this a gift?:

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

from New Hope PA

About Me Casual Cook

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

If there was an option for NO stars, I would've chosen that. My refrigerator is one year old, an Elite model (which is a joke) and therefore still covered under warranty. I'm told there is a 3 week wait for repair. My unit is not working at all, and now I'm expected to wait 3 weeks for a repairman. Is this what they call 'ELITE service???'
    Horrible.

• Single Female

If you make large claim they will cancel.

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I purchased the home warranty thinking it would be nice to have coverage for home appliances. Unfortunately my furnace stopped working in mid winter. Sear quickly sent someone out and the furnaces had to be replaced. It took weeks for them to approve the replacement. It was only done after I called very upset because my dad who was dying of cancer was here in a cold house with no heat. It was then that they informed me that they were waiting for my approval of repairs that would cost me an additional 200 for installation. No problem right? Nope it to another week. When I purchased the warranty I informed them that my central air and heating has been here since 1975, but I had kept up the maintenance on it and have had no problems with it. They informed me that it did not matter what the age of the appliances were. In May the central air went out again Sears responded quickly the first technician made appointment after appointment and never showed up. After several calls to Sears the man showed I paid the $60 service fee and he did nothing but try to sale me his products and the problem continued. I once again called Sear who told me they would send a different technician out, but if they did I would have to pay another $60 fee unless they send the first guy out again. I agreed to pay the additional fee and the company who replaced my furnace came out. They concluded the system was so d that it would only continue to give us problems unless It is repaired. Again I waited weeks in 80 and 90 degree temperature. I called and again they told me that the replacement had been approved, but they were waiting for me to approve the installation price of $80. Finally after another 2 weeks my new unit was put in. 2 months later Sears sent me a letter stating they have chosen to opt out our home warranty contract really? I have paid 69.99 for 12 months plus $460. I saved a considerably amount of money by having the warranty so I give them 3 stars.

DON"T BUY THE WARRANTY!!!!!

from Ronkonkoma, NY

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

DON"T PAY FOR THE WARRANTY!!!
    DON"T BUY SEARS PRODUCTS!!!! Warranty doesn't cover all the issues with the washing machines. They didn't fix the problem, and I've been waiting MONTHS. They won't come back, won't replace it, and they left the washing machine in pieces. Now, no one will touch it because Sears took it apart. THE WARRANTY IS USELESS - DON"T BOTHER

Run as fast as you can from Sears Home Warranty!!!

from fort worth tx

Rip OFF

• Single Female

Absolutely HORRIBLE service

from Georgia

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

This has been the most frustrating company to deal with when filing a claim. We suffered through 3 months of delayed repairs and no communication (one technician actually made the problem worse) before getting our fridge water dispenser repaired. Now we are dealing with the same thing for the washer. Technician came out immediately and 3.5 weeks later we are still waiting on them to tell us what is going on and they decide that they need a new technician to come out bc the first didn't supply enough information and they can't get ahold of him- he is a SEARS tech!!! They finally won and we went out and bought a new washer. I couldn't handle the blatant lies and delays anymore. I guess that is how they make their money- frustrate you to no end until you give up.

• Family Young Kids

Poor Sears Service timeline

from Pleasant Grove, Utah

Pros

Cons

• Service warranties

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I purchased a service agreement when I purchased my DGS 6500 Craftsman garden/lawn tractor. I've even renewed the agreement several times. Big mistake. Originally Craftsman was the gold standard in Sears tools, but ever since Sears was bought out by K-Mart the quality and timeliness of the service has declined. I give my last encounter as an example. The first week of May 2017 I had a mower belt brake. I called to make an appointment and was told the earliest I could get one was on the 25th. I wanted to go take the mower to a local Sears shop, but was told it wouldn't be covered. I explained my problem and asked them to make certain a belt was on the truck when it came so I wouldn't have to wait for parts to be ordered after the next arrival. I was assured it would be. On the day of the appointment the technician arrived, but didn't have the belt on his truck. It had to be ordered and a new appointment scheduled. The Technician also needed to order additional parts to prevent the belt from braking again. He suggested it would be wise to replace all three mandrel housings, but only two were required for the tractor to work again. The new appointment was scheduled for the 19th of June. On the 19th he was suppose to arrive between 8 AM and noon. He didn't show because he was too busy with other appointments. He finally arrived around 5:00 PM. He installed the problem parts, the broken belt and the two outside mandrel housings and pulley's. I was the told the middle mandrel housing and pulley were in good shape. I went out to mow my orchard, but after about ten minutes the middle mandrel housing sheared off. I immediately called Sears again and was told the quickest I could expect a return appointment was on the 7th of July. The technician did not arrive on the 7th and I am not looking forward to another three weeks of waiting and hassle.

• Was this a gift?:

Terrible Experience for home service warranty

from South Lake Tahoe, Ca

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

This service is a joke - don't waste your time and money

Disappointing

from Pittsgrove, nj

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

Have been without a dishwasher for almost a month. Keep getting the same spiel since the job has been sub contracted out to another service, I go back and forth between the two getting no results. One tells me to call the other and vice versa. Repairman out twice, could not fix. Response from sears could take up to 30 days and then they could still reject claim. Total waste of money and time. Shame on sears.

What a crock

from Longview, TX

Pros

Cons

• bad service response

Comments about Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service:

I spent over 5 hours on multiple phone calls and lost a day and a half from work waiting for a technician that never came. Then they contracted a third party company who did promptly respond and gave an estimate to fix it (Clothes Washer).Sears refused to pay the cost to fix and refused to replace the washer. They said that the washer tub wasn't covered and everything else was damaged from the faulty tub so those repairs weren't covered either. Consequently, my many months of payments did not serve me in the slightest.