1.1
Other Misc. Home Appliances:
Sears
Sears Home Appliance Warranty Service

Sears lies about replacement

Learned a lot about Sears extended warranty this am. Sears had determined it would be more expensive to repair our Maytag stackable washer/dryer than to replace it. Sears rep told us Sears would provide a Kenmore stackable which costs $1200.00. A new Maytag runs $1700.00. The value Sears is $1070.00 which is 63% of the price of a new Maytag. Will go to Sears and work it out. Be ware of Sears extended warranties.

Capon Bridge, WV

Extended warranty a joke

We purchased the additional warranty at the time of purchase. What a waste of money. When the refrigerator quit running I called for service and was given a service date 10 days in the future. Meanwhile I have had to toss all the food in the frig and the freezer. When I called after 5 days I was reminded the FIRST service appointment was just to diagnose the cause and it would be approximately 10 MORE days until it could be fixed. So that is 20 days with no refrigerator!!!! That is not customer service and makes the extended warranty a joke!!!

Bradenton, Florida

false

My rating on them is NEGATIVE 5 !

Their warranty plan is a JOKE!! All they want is your money! I've taken off work four times in four months to get my dishwasher fixed. On top of that had to pay the $70 deductible on the 1st visit when the tech said - oh I don't do repairs & asked for payment. HE DID NOTHING! Then the next appt. was the next month - where that tech said oh I don't have the parts - knowing that I needed repair. He even asked for the $70 and I said no I paid that last time - finally get the parts & the service was cancelled because the tech called out sick - did they tell me NO!! I had to call & ask where he was - now they want me to take off another day weeks later - Useless agents on the other end of the phone who keep passing the blame on other offices. DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE - IT IS A DIS-SERVICE!! Aggravated, professional single mom - not going to support SEARS anymore.

New Hyde Park, NY

Do not use them

I called Sears to fix my free standing range. The oven was not working properly but still working. They sent a repair man man the next day. He did not know what he was doing and did not turn off the electricity to my stove. He shorted the whole thing out so we have to replace. The stove I bought is now over their price cap so they will not replace. I basically get half of what I paid for the stove. That is if they ever send the check. It has been over a month and "the check was in the mail" now it is time to stop payment on that check and "reissue" another one. Sounds like the run around to me.

Mobile,Al

SEARS is Bankrupt!

Sears covers nothing! I used to have them years ago in 2008 for my refrigerator and they fixed it 2 to 3 tomes in 5 years or so? In August, I bought their Whole Home Warranty Program and I called them in for November for an appointment for my HVAC system. My neighbor is a HVAC Technician and I have known him for over 14 years. He owns his own HVAC business and told me exactly what was wrong with my HVAC after Sears left to make sure they were honest. He told me it needed a condenser motor, a couple of Capacitors and a drain pan that can be fixed by either fabrication or a similar drain pan that can be drilled to fit! The contract you will sign is open ended for Sears to get out of as my Attorney has told me. When all is said and done do NOT go with Sears as THEY ARE BANKRUPT, their contracts are open ended and you will have to sue them, and their are no service technicians available as most have quit or are new and do not know enough to fabricate the parts when not available! STAY AWAY!!!

Bakersfield

Never Purchase SEARS Product Again

Kenmore is actually an LG product. Our refrigerator is still under warranty and has already broken and unusable. SEARS has failed us on all levels. Our refrigerator has been broken for almost 2 months with no contact back from SEARS concerning our numerous efforts to get the unit repaired or replaced. Customer service is both unprofessional and incompetent. Supervisors apparently will say anything to get us off the phone, including false statements. As of 11/13/2018, the unit has not been replaced. On numerous occasions, SEARS has scheduled repair persons to come. However, the repair people don't show up and don't call us to say that. Very rude and unprofessional staff. It's no wonder that this company is failing so miserably. Not sure what our next step is. Our refrigerator cost us $3,000 and doesn't work. We can't seem to get the unit repaired. Horrible service from SEARS.

San Diego, CA

bad sevice

sears service forgot they are in business to serve the customer not the customer to serve at there convenience. we work to pay for the appliance/ service or warranty. not to lose work to wait for a serviceman that does not show up or cancels at the last minute. I for one can NOT recommend their service or their appliances!!!!

Easlake Ohio

Don't do it!!!

Purchased the Sears Home Warranty in August 2018 to have my washing machine repaired. Took me weeks for the part to come. Another week for the repairman to make it here. 4 days my washer worked then started having the same issue all over again. New part order was placed October 9th, and it still has not arrived. Going on 3 months without a washing machine and I have 2 boys that play sports. I called today and they have no idea when the part will arrive. And refused to let me speak to someone higher up than them. Really angey at this point and about to tell them to replace the whole washing machine!

Gowanda,NY

DO NOT PURCHACE THIS WARRANTY SERVICE

SAVE YOUR MONEY - PUT IT ASIDE, WHEN FACTORY WARRANTY RUNS OUT EITHER HAVE A REPUTABLE REPAIR GUY FIX IT OR REPLACE THE APPLIANCE. WE HAVE HAD MULTIPLE SERVICE CALLS ON THE SAME PRODUCT, THEY KEEP REPLACING THE SAME PART WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST REPLACED THE APPLIANCE. PRACTICALLY A SCAM IN MY OPINION.

DALLAS, TX

DON'T PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY TOTAL SHAM

I purchased in 5/2018 a Sears home warranty on my appliances. First what they sold me in no way matches the actual contract. On Tuesday my 3 year old Kenmore Elite grab and go bottom freezer stopped working altogether. Called the warranty people, thinking so glad I have it, they said we have no one in your area that is available to come out and look at your refrigerator for 2 months. Well I guess there was a cancellation Miss Appliances came out did not even open the refrigerator writes down some part asks for the 75 dollar deductible in cash. He said he would order the part and be back in 3 to 5 days. One hour later the owner calls and says we don't do that part. Found out later they don't do any parts. They are a fraud collecting deductibles from various warranty companies. Over the next few days got messages that service providers are available. But everyone of them when I called them fell through for some reason or another. Like we don't come to your area, we don't work on Sears Appliances, ect I also want to note there are multiple class action and individual law suits against them. One poor lady is going on 5 months with them and no one has repaired her refrigerator. So on Friday, I decided not to use them, I am pretty sure the bad part is covered under the 5 year manufacturers warranty. So I called the Sears Manufacture Warranty division. Oh another note with the Sears Home warranty you can't use actual Sears Technicians they are not covered under the contract. So I had an appointment today 10/13 for a Sears Tech to come out in the morning. This was through the manufacture warranty I would have to pay for labor. I was fine with this and thrilled a real technician was coming to fix my refrigerator freezer that was down since Tuesday morning. Happy Ending No😡 Was looking through my emails Friday evening and saw a cancellation notice for the Saturday appointment. Come to find out, for some reason, the Sears home warranty people saw the appointment, and with o

Philadelphia PA