3.7
Sealy
Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress

Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress

3.7

Pros

• Comfortable (3)
  • Good support (3)
  • Holds shape (3)

• Primary bed (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (3)

best sleep ever

This mattress provided me the best sleep ever!! My previous mattress was a Simmons Beauty Rest, and it was good.  But after about 5 years and 8 moves from one city to another, it just wasn't what it uesed to be.  Then we purchased the Sealy.  I fell in love with it the momen I tried it out on the showroom floor.  Immediately the support of the mattress relaxed my entire body.  At the same time the pillowtop soothed me into true comfort. Once I got it home it did not dissappoint.  I could not wait to go to bed that night.  It truly was the best rest i  had gotten in years.  For weeks after that I was so happy at the end of the day i would again get to relax in my Sealy bed and quicky drift of to the best sleep.

I think the key to the Sealy Ultra Plush Pillowtop being such a good mattress is that it does provide the neccessary firmness I desire while the Pillowtop makes that firmness enjoyable.  Other mattresses I tried were firm enough but after a while they hurt my back.  I found myself stiff when i woke up.  That made me think I needed a softer mattress.  Again i woke up hurting.  Why?  No support for my back wasn't good either.  The Sealy solved all those problems

The Sealy also has worn well over the past years.  We purchased it in 2002 and beacause we move frequently it has been through about 10 moves.  In my opion moving sometimes shortens the life expectancy of a mattress.  Sometimes it is placed in akward positions on the moving truck.  other times it may be on the bottom of a pile of heavy items.  It is often flex to get in into a hallway or room and not always supported equally on all sides when being carried.  Through all this my Sealy has held up beautifully.  Just as wonderful sleep as in the beginning.

I had one drawback and that was finding sheets to fit the Sealy ultra plush pillowtop.  Mine is a Ca King Size.  I have, for the last 15 years of marriage had Ca King beds.  Some Pillowtops, some not.  I measured the mattress( to see how deep I needed the pockets to be) headed off to the store search dilligently but could not find the size I thought i needed.  Several stores later (I'm a true shopper this means about 2 weeks and all bed/bath and department stores in the greater Sacramemto and greater San Francisco Bay Area) I spoke with a store employee who said she had never seen pockets that deep.  she was convinced my measurements were wrong.  I selected and bought the sheets with deepest pockets available. I  went home , put the sheets on and my measurements were correct.  The sheets almost fit.  The problem seemed to be (to me) the pillowtop was just that Ultra Plush it added an additional 2-3 inches.  of course my mattress cover ( nothing fancy or really plush)  didn't help.  I stretched it and the sheet did stay on even through the night so I lived with it.  Over the years the pillowtop has compacted a bit so my sheets fit better now.  Even compacted though the pillowtop is still comfortalbe.

I would definitely reccommend this mattress (and have to all my friends) to anyone with back problems (like I have) or those who live with chronic pain and need both firm support and soft cushioning in a mattress.

Poor quality after only 2 years of use

My husband and I bought our Sealy Pillow Top Mattress when we purchased a new house. We moved our old bed into our spare room because the old bed was about 10 years old and we thought it was time for a new one. This Sealy Mattress was reasonably priced, although not the lowest cost option at the furniture store. We live in a fairly large city and searched several different stores before we found what we thought was a good mattress at a good price. The plush pillow top is very nice. I immediately felt comfort every time I sat or lied down on our new bed. A few months later, I got pregnant. I was very tired all the time and sick quite often. So, I spent a lot of time in bed. I did not gain a very large amount of weight with my pregnancy, and my husband barely weighs 200 lbs. We found it quite a shock when we noticed our new mattress was starting to get deep ruts. Basically on each side there are huge indentions right where our bodies lie when we sleep. I was disappointed in this, but didn't have a lot of time to worry about it. After the birth of my son, I developed extreme back pain. It was incredibly difficult to sleep in my own bed because my back was out of alignment unless I slept with a pillow under my back. We have since switched our mattresses so that we are now using our old one. This Sealy is in our spare room for when we have guests, but it's by far the worst mattress I've ever owned.

So soft and dreamy

from Glouster, Ohio

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel

• Guest Bed

Comments about Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress:

I have owned this bed for over 8 years. I received it from family, who tried getting rid of it for thousands of dollars, I got it free from them. It has held up through myself, 5 kids, 5 pregnancies, sick days, good days, spills and dumps off moving trucks. Through thick and thin this soft, comfortable Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress! I have had so many compliments about how it has felt on people's backs who have slept over and I allowed to be used as a guest bed. If given the chance to have chosen a different bed, I would always chose a sadly over anything else offered tome. I have had numerous amount ask and suggest I get a different bed offered to me. I have though recently changed what mattress I have because the coils started to go after all the years someone else owned it and myself. We left a family who had nothing have the sealy mattress and box spring, so it was a generous offer of us to give to someone else. Not saying the bed was bad, it just outgrew my family. I feel better knowing it is being of some usage to theirs. I found the mattress and box springs difficult to lift by myself, having more than two people was useful to. This was a heavy mattress for such a small frame of mine to be lifting on alone. My children also own mattresses full sized on their beds. If ever I was offered to have this mattress or any sealy, I would be more than happy to own another one! I have known many people to offer smaller mattresses to groups of families who have nothing and during the holidays a bigger mattress is useful for groups of families who travel far distances. Overall, this was sort, comfortable until the end, when. I had to give it up.

Love

from tx

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Sturdy

Comments about Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress:

I love this mattress set. I have used it for roughly about two years now. It's really comfortable and supporting without being too hard. It is so hard to find a mattress that's firm enough to support but not too hard. I found the perfect fit with this mattress. I have the queen size that my husband and I share. The pillow top is very thick, so you never feel the springs in the mattress. Though this set sits pretty high, which is a plus for me because my bed frame is so low to the ground. I've never had a problem with sheets not fitting correctly, though it's a pretty thick mattress. The padding isn't moving around or deforming in anyway. I'd definitely recommend this mattress. In fact we love it so much we are thinking about buying a king size.

Sealy Mattress is Super

from Austin, TX

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress:

I love our Sealy pillow top mattress. I purchased this mattress for my daughter's room when she was moving out of a crib into a big girl bed. That was five years ago. And, I must say I am jealous that she gets to sleep on it every night. This Sealy mattress is by far the most comfortable mattress in our house. I take naps on it during the weekends because it is very soft, yet provides good support. Even after being used for a few years, it still holds a nice shape and is very comfortable. The plush pillow top makes if have a luxurious feel and it is easy to get snuggled onto it. The mattress itself is also not to heavy, when I need to change the sheets, I can move it around by myself.

We actually had to return this one

from Troy NY

Pros

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress:

The positive of the Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress is that it was not all that expensive ... so if price is your main concern, you can get a good deal on this mattress.

However, my husband and I had to send this one back (thank goodness for the furniture store's guarantee) ... we couldn't actually sleep. The pillow top caused our bodies to make a sort of well or divot in the mattress, and we would wake up SWEATING because we didn't end up moving or shifting at all.

At first I was convinced this was because it was summer, so tried cranking the air conditioning. No go - still woke up sweating on the mattress side, and then freezeing on the non-mattress side of my body.

We tried it for a week, but by that time we were so grumpy due to the lack of sleep, that we agreed we should just take it back.

I would not recommend the Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress to anyone.

Sealy Pillow Top is a comfortable, soft mattress

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress:

I have had mine for about a year and I do turn it around every few days to keep it comfortable. I still like it and I sleep real good on it.

Comfort
          It is soft and real comfortable, I would not recommend this pillow top to people who like firmness.

Support
          I have never any trouble with the support of it I really like it.

Firmness
          This is a soft mattress not a firm one.

I have found that it is very durable especially if you turn it around every few months.

Poor quality after only 2 years of use

from Lincoln, NE

• Firmness:

Very Poor Construction. After 1st year it was all down hill.

Comments about Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress:

The first few months were wonderful. Then the middle started sagging right before the first year was up. Tried to return it except my better half had spilled coffee the first month we had it. So it had a couple stains about two foot from the top so the lady stated that voided the warranty. Will never purchase a Sealy Mattress again.

Comfort
          Almost the complete first year the mattress was great. I even recommended it. But, Then it started sagging in the middle and has been getting worst. If you want to sleep level you need to sleep right on the edge. If you move just a bit, you will roll to the middle.

Support
          Almost the complete first year the mattress was great. Down hill from their on. Never buy a Sealy.

Firmness
          This Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress was extremely sportive and the firmness was great for my back. I even recommended this mattress to a family member because of that. Almost the complete first year this mattress was great. But then it was all down hill from their on. Now we get in bed and automatically meet in the middle.

This Sealy High end Pillow Top was not durable at all. I would never purchase or recommend a Sealy Product ever again. I feel so bad about recommending this mattress to a family member. Because they have the same issues.

• Firmness:

Very comfortable and supportive mattress

Comments about Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress:

We have really enjoyed this mattress it is very comfortable and supportive. When I was pregnant the mattress started to break down and the springs did not hold up well.

Comfort
          Pillow top is very comfortable but still firm with support. We felt like we were sleeping on clouds and it was so nice.

Support
          Very supportive! Until I was pregnant then the mattress started to break down and was not as supportive. Even after my son was born there is now a dip in my side of the bed.

Firmness
          It is not a real firm mattress to begin with it is a softer mattress. So over time it is less and less firm.

We did spend a lot of money on this mattress so I was disappointed that after five years we were considering looking for a new one. After pregnancy it seemed to really become worn out and my husband started having back paring because of lack of support. So I do really like many things about this mattress but wish it was a little more durable.

Very nice mattress.

Comments about Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress:

This mattress is good quality overall, it is comfortable and encourages good posture while sleeping. My kids like to bounce on it also, and it is soft and durable.

Comfort
          The mattress is very comfortable, both when sleeping and simply sitting on it. It improves posture and contributes to a good night's sleep. It has a very relaxing feel as well.

Support
          The mattress has good support. It is good for improving posture too. It has very good materials for support; such as durable metal springs and a nice, thick, comfortable outside.

Firmness
          The mattress is not particularly firm, it is quite bouncy but it does not take away from the overall quality in comfort and support.

The mattress is very durable; it has been used for over ten years and is still comfortable, firm, and has good support. It has not been worn down a lot; the mattress maintains a comfortable feel and is excellent in durability.

Great Matress

Comments about Sealy Union LTD Plush II Pillow Top Mattress:

My grandparent purchased this mattress for me probably 4 or 5 years ago and my husband and I have been sleeping on it ever since. We do have dents on either side from sleeping on it but I think that is to be expected of any mattress after this length of time.

Comfort
          I find this mattress very comfortable. I am a stomach sleeper so it would be nice if it had a little less wiggle in it, when my husband flips and flops you can definitely feel it.

Support
          This mattress has adequate support for my husband and I during normal times in our lives. I have thought of throwing it out during both of my pregnancies; however, I would attribute most of my discomfort to not being able to sleep in my normal sleep positions.

Firmness
          This mattress is firm yet squishy, I think it is the best of both world really and is great if you and your partner are looking from a compromise between firm and squishy.

This mattress is holding up well in my opinion and I have no plans to buy a new mattress anytime soon.