Other Mattresses:
Models:
51772351, 51772361
Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress

Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (6)
  • Good support (5)
  • Holds shape (5)
  • Durable (3)
  • Soft feel (3)

Cons

• Too soft (3)

• Primary bed (5)
  • Guest bed (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (6)

My favorite ever, my partner's worst ever

This is my favorite mattress ever. I hate spring mattresses now. If I ever get rid of my boyfriend that hated this mattress I will definitely buy one of these again. Actually, I wonder if we could get one of those kings that have the split twins and each get our own mattress? Hmm.....

Comfort
When you first sit on the bed, it feels very stiff, but after about 5 seconds once you sink into it, there is nothing that I have felt quite like it. I feel weightless, on my side, on my back or on my stomach. My favorite position is on my stomach with one side flipped out. This is a horrible position by the way, and always tugs on my hips. This is the only bed I have ever slept in that I felt absolutely no "tug" in. My boyfriend, hated it. He woke up sore every day from it, while I woke up feeling better than I ever had since I had kids.

Support
If you really like support in a mattress, this is one of the best. Your entire body and every crevice from head to toe is supported after the 5 second sink in time.

Firmness
I loved the firmness and I think I need that to feel fully supported. My boyfriend hates a firm mattress and that is why he hated this one. We ultimately had to return the mattress because he was just choosing to sleep on the couch. If you like soft mattresses this is not for you, but if you really like feeling supported, this is the best one I have ever felt.

I didn't get to keep this mattress long enough to attest to it's durability, however, the guarantee on it was phenomenal, and I think the manufacturer feels pretty secure in it's durability.

Not very comfortable ..... Very very firm

I bought it and after about 2 nights of sleep my back was aching. I tryed everything I could to get comfortable and stay asleep but nothing helped. I always heard good thing about sealy but I have nothing to say that would persuade you to buy this form of sealy mattress. Maybe it is just me or my posture or something not having to do with the mattress .... Who knows. The only way I did manage to get comfortable was on my side with pillows and even then it didn't help much at all.

Comfort
Not very comfortable at all and very disappointed. Was hoping for a softer type. Definitely was not as soft and cushiony as I thought it would be. Was expecting a lot better from a branch such as sealy.

Support
It's almost like it is too supported and too firm. Like I said I could not get comfortable to matter how hard i tried.

Firmness
Way too firm for me! Not comfortable at all and very disappointed.

Plenty of durability.

Traditional to go to mattress

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

I moved from my apartment in NYC and needed some new things for my new apartment. I went to Sleep's and feel head over heals for the Posturpedic Mattress. When I finally got the mattress home and was able to set it up, which was easy as pie. I could not wait to have a good night sleep. The mattress works wonders for my back, which I have had problems with when it came to mattresses in the past. I can sleep comfortable and it is an actual restful sleep.I wake up refreshed and ready to take on my day.

Comfort
if you have back pain, then this is the mattress for you. The mattress is not too soft that it sucks you into the bed. It is nice and firm but comfortable. Giving you the support needed for your back.

Support
Great for back support. Gives you a good night sleep and you can actually look forward to going to bed knowing that you are going to get some real rest.

Firmness
Just the right amount, you do not feel that the bed is trying to suck you in and eat you alive. Which can be killer for people who have back pain. Support is key.

It has been two years since I made this purchase and I do not have any complaints. The most I do is flip the mattress over every 6 months to keep the "like new" feeling,

A good nights sleep

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

This mattress has been the best mattress I have ever owned. It is so comfortable. The mattress molds to my body, making it just perfect for me. No more tossing and turning on a hard mattress. I have a comfy place to rest my head. Even with a bad back, this mattress offers the support, so there is not pressure placed on the back.

• Firmness:

Best mattress I have ever owned

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

I usually toss and turn, However since I have purchased this mattress I find myself sleeping through the night. I find babies don't sleep very well, so i slept so much better than a baby. My husband and i sleep one each side of the bed, and we follow the rotation schedule of the mattress to the T. I like the pillow topper, and it is easy to find sheets for this mattress. I got a Queen size, and The size is fantastic. I would definitely buy this for a gift for my family or friends. I will always repurchase this mattress. The bed fits our animals and us. I suggest getting the corresponding bed cover to keep your mattress lasting for years. Rotate that as well.
We just absolutely love the mattress is high up. It helps us get out of bed every morning, not making us stand up from the floor. The support it gives my back has definitely been a god send. I used to wake up with back pain ad no longer do.

Firmness
Smushy is just what we were aiming for.

My cat's claws haven't made a dent on the mattress cover, also from seally.

A Mattress that Really Lives Up to its Promise

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

After going through 3 luxury brand innersping mattresses in 4 years, I was starting to think it was normal to change positions every hour or two to prevent waking up in the morning with back and shoulder pain. This mattress exceeded my expectations by miles. My husband and I compared several foam mattress brands, but we didn't like how the density of many of the other brands made it difficult to turn or move in the bed. After testing many of the floor models, we selected the Sealy because of its comfort level, extensive warranty, and it addressed the heat and density complaints that many of the other brands were getting. I couldn't believe how much of a difference this mattress made in the first night. I've had it for over a year, and it still sleeps like the first night - no tossing, turning or pain. Today, I count purchasing this mattress as one of the best decisions I've made.

My favorite ever, my partner's worst ever

• Firmness:

Best mattress on the market.

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

The finest mattress that I have ever owned. This puts all other mattresses to shame. It has just the right balance of firmness and comfort to ensure a great night of uninturrupted rest. The mattress will last for a lifetime and keep on giving supreme comfort. I love my Sealy!

Comfort
Amazing! You'll want to stay in bed all day, just to enjoy the comfort of your Sealy. There is not another mattress that compares. Its like sleeping on a cloud, no matter which way you prefer to sleep.

Support
Practically impossible to fall off this bed. You'll never feel any pockets where the mattress is worn. It is an amazingly comfortable product.

Firmness
Just the right balance of firmness and comfort to ensure a great night of sleep. Even if your close to the edge of the bed its not too firm.

Will last a lifetime. I have had my Sealy for five years and I still get eight hours of uninturrupted sleep each and every night.

• Firmness:

An excellent mattress, I was able to sllep like a contented baby

from Bethesda, MD

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

The mattress rates an easy ten for numerous reasons, but primarily for me because of its firmness.

Comfort
The comfort was the best, and for a guy who has used several mattresses over the year, I kid you not.

Support
It offered excellent support.

Firmness
I cannot say enough about the firmness of the mattress. This was the primary thing that sold me on the product.

I expect the mattress will retain its firmness and comfort for several years.

• Firmness:

This has made a difference for me and my husband

from Medway, ME

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

I used to turn from one side to the other all night trying to get comfortable.I had a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. But now, after using this on my bed, I sleep comfortably . No more pressure points to keep me tossing to try to find the right position. I can sleep on my side or my back with no problem.

Comfort
I sleep through the night without tossing and turning. I hardly move. There is no transfer of movement. My husband can get in and out of bed without waking me. I love my bed. I have a hard time getting out of it in the morning. Not because of aches and pains, but because it is so comfortable.

Support
My husband has a "bad back" He agrees that he sleeps better too. He used to get up in the night and finish the night sleeping in the recliner. He is able to stay in bed until morning and feels more rested.

Firmness
This mattress is firm enough to support my husbands back and soft enough to eliminate the pressure points. No more tossing and turning, trying to find the best side to sleep on.

I have had this on my bed now for 2 years and it is still as comfortable today as the first time I tried it. i would recommend this for everyone. In fact, I just purchased another one for my grandsons bed. he will be excited to see that.

• Firmness:

Comfort, relaxing and sleep much better!

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

Excellent mattress! Mattress protector covers bed fully...Mattress is perfect for people with back problems. We sleep much better now!

Comfort
Sealy Optiminum is better than TemperPedic and Sleep Number by far!

Great support.

Perfect firmness!

Have had it over 6 months and so far it is great!

Comfy and Cool - But Beware Mattress Covers

from Van Horne, IA

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

This is a great mattress overall. Much more comfortable than the other brands that we have tried. The cooling memory foam works wonderfully, but don't let the sales person talk you into a mattress cover. You'll spend the first few nights wondering why you're so hot until you realize that the mattress cover keeps you from experiencing the stay cool gel.

The mattress itself is beautiful, but that really isn't that big of a deal since you're going to end up keeping sheets over it. In the instance that you do strip the bed though, you'll enjoy the quilted/patterned top.

It's great for the two of us - I don't feel him moving around much, though it's not 'perfect'. I do feel him move from time to time, but it doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night.

I don't know that I would recommend this bed from someone that consistently sleeps on their stomach. It's comfortable enough on your side from time to time, but it's really designed more for those who sleep on their back. It's helped relieve my back pain since we've got it and it's definitely more comfortable than the others we've tried!

All-in-all it's a great mattress.

Firmness
This isn't meant to be the firmest mattress out there - but its definitely easier to get out of than a full memory foam mattress is.