Other Mattresses:
Models:
51772351, 51772361
Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress

Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (6)
  • Good support (5)
  • Holds shape (5)
  • Durable (3)
  • Soft feel (3)

Cons

• Too soft (3)

• Primary bed (5)
  • Guest bed (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (6)

My favorite ever, my partner's worst ever

This is my favorite mattress ever. I hate spring mattresses now. If I ever get rid of my boyfriend that hated this mattress I will definitely buy one of these again. Actually, I wonder if we could get one of those kings that have the split twins and each get our own mattress? Hmm.....

Comfort
When you first sit on the bed, it feels very stiff, but after about 5 seconds once you sink into it, there is nothing that I have felt quite like it. I feel weightless, on my side, on my back or on my stomach. My favorite position is on my stomach with one side flipped out. This is a horrible position by the way, and always tugs on my hips. This is the only bed I have ever slept in that I felt absolutely no "tug" in. My boyfriend, hated it. He woke up sore every day from it, while I woke up feeling better than I ever had since I had kids.

Support
If you really like support in a mattress, this is one of the best. Your entire body and every crevice from head to toe is supported after the 5 second sink in time.

Firmness
I loved the firmness and I think I need that to feel fully supported. My boyfriend hates a firm mattress and that is why he hated this one. We ultimately had to return the mattress because he was just choosing to sleep on the couch. If you like soft mattresses this is not for you, but if you really like feeling supported, this is the best one I have ever felt.

I didn't get to keep this mattress long enough to attest to it's durability, however, the guarantee on it was phenomenal, and I think the manufacturer feels pretty secure in it's durability.

Not very comfortable ..... Very very firm

I bought it and after about 2 nights of sleep my back was aching. I tryed everything I could to get comfortable and stay asleep but nothing helped. I always heard good thing about sealy but I have nothing to say that would persuade you to buy this form of sealy mattress. Maybe it is just me or my posture or something not having to do with the mattress .... Who knows. The only way I did manage to get comfortable was on my side with pillows and even then it didn't help much at all.

Comfort
Not very comfortable at all and very disappointed. Was hoping for a softer type. Definitely was not as soft and cushiony as I thought it would be. Was expecting a lot better from a branch such as sealy.

Support
It's almost like it is too supported and too firm. Like I said I could not get comfortable to matter how hard i tried.

Firmness
Way too firm for me! Not comfortable at all and very disappointed.

Plenty of durability.

It's an okay mattress

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

I originally purchased the mattress for my guestroom but after sleeping on it I discovered that it is perfect for me and have since switched it with the mattress I had on my bed. I have not had an issue with it loosing it's shape of stating to sag at all either. This mattress is very comfortable. The material it's made from is quality and durable. It's outer cloth is soft and silky but does not make cotton, silky or microfiber sheets shift. The seams are well sewn. This mattress is well worth it's price and I am thinking of purchasing another one of the same model for the guest room again. The only thing that I have found that I did not like about this mattress is that it tends to make me sweat in the summertime.

Best Sleep

from McComb Ms

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel

Great

Great bed for a great price!

from Mohawk, NY

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Sturdy

Cons

• Too Hard

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

This bed has helped my husband tremendously. My husband has terrible back pain and nothing has helped. We decided it was time to change our mattress. I searched and searched the Internet for the best deal and the best mattress that could possibly give him some relief. And I found this beauty. It arrived on time and was an easy set up (with help) after 3 nights of sleeping on it my husbands back felt a world of better. The sturdiness of it was able to realign his spine taking stress away from his muscles. I find it a bit too hard for my taste but it's nothing I can't get use to. If you're the type that likes a soft mattress then just add a few more pillows and you're good to go. His chiropractor said that was prolly the best thing we could have done for him. And it being a sealy it will last a life time. Very satisfied with this purchase and it's already paid for itself in relief and comfort.

For better comfort and a comfortable sleep

from algeria

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel

Cons

• Develops Cavity
      • Lumpy
      • Squeaks
      • Too Hard
      • Too Soft

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

For better comfort and a comfortable sleep and dive into the world of relaxation Healthy bed and has no side effects and is resistant to dust

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I like it too much and i ordered 1 to egypt in my hotel

from Cairo,egypt

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Develops Cavity
      • Too Soft

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

The product was so good when i tried it uk las year , when iam back to egypt i orded 2 from these becuse it was so softy and comfertable i like it too much thank you for the company and the site for this prodct

I Love it

from Guanica, PR

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Too Soft

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

This is a good way for zzzz in the night.

Good for orthopaedic patients

from Outside US

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Good Support
      • Sturdy

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

The mattress is on the high-end, it is suitable for people with body aches, muscle pain, bone injuries, arthritis or rheumatism. If you do not belong to any of these groups then the mattress is not for you. It has a high-density core which makes it hard.

It does not trap heat, has an even surface and is very firm. It provides the steady support that orthopaedic patients need, because it does not curve round the body, rather it seems to push the body up or at least feels like it is pushing up the body.

It is not squeaky, does not have lumps and comes in attractive designs. Very good for the elderly as well because they sometimes complain of joint pains. It is not light neither is it very heavy.

This is not your everyday soft bed, so do not expect it to be, it was not designed to be such anyway. A person with no body pain will find this mattress highly uncomfortable. But if turning and tossing comes with a lot of effort and you need something that will just stay put and remain stiff no matter the weight on it, you can't go wrong with Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best mattress I have used

from India

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

I bought the mattress for myself few months ago and it is one of the best mattress I have ever slept on. If you have any back problems, this mattress can do wonders for your back. The mattress gives great nights of sleep while waking up refreshed to take on my day.
          Comfort
          The mattress is nice and firm but comfortable. It is not quite soft sucking you into the bed. The best part is the mattress takes care of your back if you have any back problems.
          It is only few months with the mattress now without any problems. I usually flip the mattress once a week to keep its like new feeling.
          Firmness
          The firmness of the mattress is of right amount. You will not feel the bed trying to suck and eat you alive, which proved to be a killer for people with back aches.

Great mattress

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

We've had this mattress in our bedroom for a couple of years now--probably about two or three, and it is single-handedly the best mattress I have ever slept on.

Comfort
          I think this mattress is one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on. As soon as I lay down, it forms to my body just enough to feel like I'm on a soft little cloud. I always sleep on my side, and this mattress works perfectly for that. It always feels so comfy.

Firmness
          The mattress is nice and firm, which I completely love. It helps relieve any back pain you have, so that's a huge plus in my opinion. I also like how well it stays firm and how nicely it contours to my body during the night. I tend to be quite restless and move quite a bit before I fall asleep, but this mattress still holds firm and contours to my body perfectly.

I've had this mattress for a couple years now, and it's held up thus far. I flip the mattress every once in a while so that it lasts a bit longer, so it still feels like new.

Firm and confortable matress

Comments about Sealy Posturpedic Optimum Radiance Mattress:

We bought this mattress in king size for our new apartment a few years ago.
          Pros: the mattress is firm, therefore my back got great support. I used to experience low back pain, especially during my last trimester carrying my daughter. This mattress stays firm and slightly contours my body regardless of my sleep position.
          Secondly, I noticed that it did help with my hot flash problem a little bit. The material does not make me sweat in the middle of the night. I feel very comfortable.
          Besides, my 19-month-old daughter loves to jump on it, everyday. It might not be long enough to judge its durability, but I have not seen any defect yet.
          Cons: the mattress is heavy. It was somehow difficult to transport and arrange the mattress into position. I guess this is the same thing for any other brand of king size mattresses .
          One night, my daughter' diaper leaked a bit, and the mattress got slightly stained. This is the only problem that I would complaint. I have no idea how to wash it.