3.8

Sealy Posturepedic Mattress

3.8

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (3)

I can finally get a good nights sleep with Sealy Posturepedic!

I just couldn't sleep! Toss n Turning all night long! Getting up every two hours! My back hurt and all my muscles ached! It was so frustrating! So I decided that I...Read complete review

I just couldn't sleep! Toss n Turning all night long! Getting up every two hours! My back hurt and all my muscles ached! It was so frustrating! So I decided that I needed a new mattress!

At the store, the Sealy Posturepedic Mattress looked comfortable! I sat on it and I reclined on it! I was on a cloud that was so different than my mattress at home! I felt like taking a nap right there in the store! So I decided Sealy Posturepedic Mattress was the mattress for me.

That night, I fell asleep on my new mattress and when I woke up it was morning! I couldn't believe it! A full nights sleep and no muscles aches! What a difference my Sealy Posturepedic Mattress made in my world! Now I sleep on a cloud every night!

Expected more for the high price.

This is the first mattress that I bought since moving out on my own. My husband and I were given a hand me down mattress so we decided we wanted to buy a good mattress. Neither of us had ever had a really nice mattress so I decided to splurge. When I went shopping for the mattress, I immediately went to the Sealy's because of their reputation. I was interested in the Sealy Posturepedic Archway mattress because I have back problems and it was a little firmer than the others. So they delivered it and set it up and I thought it was nice. My husband came home from deployment two months later and he thought it was "alright". A few months later we decided to flip it because it was starting to indent where we slept. We went to flip it and there was no handles and it was heavy. Then as we were about to flip it, we realized it was only a one sided mattress. So now we alternate it from foot to head but it still indents easily. I wouldn't have bought it had I known it was one sided, which is my fault for not noticing or asking. The salesman told me it would last for ten years but it has been two and we already want a new one. It was more comfortable when it was new. Now it is just indented and my husband hates it. I don't hate it. I think it's alright but it isn't very helpful with my back.

Sealy Coral Springs mattress set

from Cleveland, Ohio

Cons

• great if you only need it for a few months

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

This was not a cheap mattress and came with a 10 year warranty which was doubled by purchasing a specified mattress pad from the store. It came with a 4 month return policy. About 4 months and 1 week after purchase, the nice firm mattress lost its support totally on one side and the other side wasn't very good anymore either. It had been turned properly and had middle support. Since the mattress doesn't have a permanent 1.5" dip in the middle when not being used, the company does not consider it failed even though it's nothing like what I bought.

Not a customer anymore of sealy posturpedic

from Nesconset,ny

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
        • Lumpy
        • Squeaks
        • Too Hard

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

I purchased one of these as an extra mattress for a guest house for someone that would be staying for an extended period of time. When I initially bought it, I wasn't crazy about getting one because I did own one previously and was extremely unsatisfied with the feel of the mattress, the firmness, and durability. However since it wasn't going to be permanent and it was just for a guest room, the price was low enough to make me willing to buy it. Really my husband talked me into it. It wasn't a surprise when my guest after about five months was trying not to complain, but I had asked how everything was and they told me they didn't know if it was how they were sleeping, but the bed seemed to be sinking in the middle slightly. I went in to look at it and sure enough not only was it sinking in way before there should have even been an indent, but when I laid on it, I literally felt a spring sticking my feet. I went onto sealy reviews and not surprisingly there were more than I can count of people complaining and with the company writing back not all sealy mattresses with inner springs are expected to last as long. I was disgusted and annoyed to say the least and I had a long drawn out battle with getting a new mattress and having them refund me fully and a free pick up to retrieve the mattress. I felt betrayed because they promote these mattresses without telling you the downside of how long it lasts and what it actually feels like to lay on a hard bed with springs. Or talk about how any time you turn over you have to listen to squeaking from the springs. Never again!

Not so great

from Haslett, Mi

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Holds Shape

Cons

• poor construction
          • Squeaks

• Primary Bed

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

I purchased a sealy bed thinking it was going to be like the one my parents gave me. Little did I know how wrong I was. The bed was extremely comfortable when I first bought it. I was happy to have such a nice bed. Now, not even a year later the support beam in the box spring broke. It was made with a piece of wood that had a huge knot in it. I can't even get it fixed with the warranty because of the cost to transport it to be fixed is too much. The bed that once helped my back now does nothing but make it worse. The futon in my living room feels better now. I'm very unhappy with my purchase. Next time I'm just going to buy a cheap mattress so when it breaks I won't be as upset with how much it cost me.

The Sealy Posturepedic Mattress is a winner!

from Pennsylvania

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel
          • Sturdy

• Guest Bed
            • Primary Bed

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

After using my husband's childhood mattress for twenty years, we decided to take the plunge and purchase a Sealy Posturepedic Mattress and I'm glad we did. This mattress suits both my husband who likes a very firm mattress and me who enjoys a little more softer model. This mattress is extremely comfortable and yet provides a lot of support as well. We tried several of the memory foam mattresses while on vacations at different hotels, and I don't like how they retain body heat and make sleeping cool and comfortably nearly impossible. This model is a traditional mattress that is reasonably priced and so far has retained it's shape for us the past year. I would recommend The Sealy Posturepedic Mattress to anyone looking for a great budget conscious sleep alternative!

Decent Mattress

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

My husband had this mattress when we moved in together and we haven't been able to afford a new one yet. It is decent, but can be uncomfortable after sleeping on it for awhile. We both end up tossing and turning a lot throughout the night until we find more comfortable positions. It seems that after awhile the mattress sinks in where you sleep. It's always more plush in the middle, so we end up congregating there in the middle of the night since the ends of the mattress are so uncomfortable. I wouldn't buy this mattress again, but it works for now until we can afford something better.

Loved it at first

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

When me and my husband purchased this mattress, we were elated because we thought that we had gotten a good deal on the mattress because of the name - Sealy - and the fact that the store we bought it from was closing, so it was at a discounted price. The mattress was unbelievably comfortable for the first few months, I'd say about the first seven or eight months, but then it just started to sag and make a lot of noise whenever we sat on it, laid on it, turned at night, etc. Additionally, it is very difficult to clean. When I tried to clean it with soapy water, it stained the mattress. Then, I tried bleach and that made it even worse! My husband and I couldn't return it to the stores because the store was already closed, and since we had gotten such a good deal for it, we just left it alone and decided to go with a brand other than Sealy.

Comfort
            Comfortable for 7-8 months.

Great mattress

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

Good mattress, great price. It is soft but supportive. Has qualities of a memory foam, like non bouncy. Has qualities of box spring, like support. Would buy this again if given the chance. Bought it at a closeout department store for a great price. Would recommend this to anyone needing a new mattress.

Great Mattress

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

This is a great mattress. My wife and I bought this mattress to replace a thirteen year old mattress. Both of us had started having a lot of back pain. Since we bought the new mattress we no longer have back pain. This mattress is very comfortable and is very high quality. It is competitively priced compared to other mattresses that we looked at when shopping. We would definitely recommend this mattress to our family and friends.

Comfort
            This mattress is very comfortable. My wife and I are sleeping a lot better since purchasing this mattress.

Support
            This mattress gives great support. My wife and I were both suffering from back pain before buying this mattress. Since our purchase neither of us are suffering from back pain anymore.

Firmness
            We purchased the firm mattress. Of course each person likes a different firmness to their mattress. So as long as you select the proper firmness for you then you should be pleased with the firmness of this mattress.

This mattress seems to be very durable. We have only had it for a few months but it seems to be very high quality.

• Firmness:

The perfect mattress for a perfect sleep

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

My wife and I have been sleeping on Sealy Posturepedic mattresses for the past 12 years. We're on our second one, and each of them offers the firmness and support which make sleep comfortable and relaxing. With proper care and maintenance (rotating it every six months, flipping it over so that the springs on any one side don't overcompress), this mattress can last almost forever. The one I sampled in the furniture store seemed even firmer than the top-of-the-firmness-line model which I bought, but I guess that was just an exceptional model. Overall, I have not had any complaints or second thoughts about these mattresses. They are the only ones I would buy for my bed.

Comfort
            The most comfortable mattress for the price!

Support
            It provides all the support I need.

Firmness
            It's one of the firmest mattresses I've ever laid on, and it's not nearly as expensive as the next one up.

Our first one lasted eight years, so that's pretty good.

pretty good mattress

Comments about Sealy Posturepedic Mattress:

This mattress is pretty average. It isn't that comfortable for how much we paid for it. If I could go back, I would pay a little bit extra and get a better mattress than this. This is thick, which I like, but it kind of makes my back hurt. My wife likes it a lot though.