Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses
Sealy
Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress

Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (6)
  • Holds shape (5)
  • Good support (4)
  • Soft feel (3)

Cons

• Primary bed (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (5)

I WILL NEVER SLEEP ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SEALY NOW!

I am giving this Mattress an overall rating of 9 because I feel like it is an EXTREMELY comfortable mattress but over time I found that it looses some of its comfort. I guess you could say you get used to it so to speak and I find myself switching sides every 5 or 6 months to keep the comfort level to a maximum.

Comfort
I can remember when I first got my Sealy Memory Foam Mattress and The men came up and put it in my room and set it up. I sat at the end of if and laid back with my legs still hanging off and fell asleep like this for 4 hours. That is how comfortable this Mattress really is.

Support
The support for this mattress is unsurpassed. I had some very MINOR back pain before I bought this mattress because I had been sleeping on the hard floor for 3 years and I will tell you that after only 1 week of having my Sealy all the pain was gone and it supports my back better than any mattress I have ever had. That statement may not hold true to everyone (I am not a doctor or anything) but it definitely works for me!

Firmness
The reason I am giving this a 9 for firmness is because the mattress starts off (at least for me it did) right at the perfect level of firmness for my body. Now I know everyone likes a little different level of firmness but I found as time went on the firmness that I enjoy went away and it got softer and softer (Almost like I was sinking into the mattress) so that is why I now have to switch sides every 5 or 6 months to give the other side a break. I know it sounds weird but it works for me. But still this Mattress OUTPERFORMS ANY OTHER I HAVE EVER HAD!

I have moved 3 times since having this mattress (and keep in mind I have the king size version) and it has stayed in just as good a shape as it was the day I bought it. Going up and down flights of stairs, being hauled in trucks, and still is just as good as the day I bought it.

I really would love to replace this mattress.

This mattress has been very uncomfortable from the beginning. It is not a mattress I picked but my husband did. I sleep on the couch most nights because I'm so uncomfortable. I hate waking with numb arms and back pain. I even get headaches now in the morning.

Comfort
The mattress is way too soft. After years of use the springs make it feel bumpy. I feel as if the mattress gets softer as well through each use. I just can never find a comfortable spot.

Support
I wake up with back pain and my hands are always numb if I sleep on this mattress.

Firmness
This mattress is not firm at all. I like a firm mattress and my husband likes soft, that's probably why he picked this mattress.

This mattress has survived many moves and still seems to work for my husband. He sleeps like a baby. However, the mattress has not survived my dog who has torn holes in it and might also explain it's bumpiness. My husband patched it up with ducktape.

A Fantastic night's sleep!

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

As I have grown older, my body contours are not as simple as they used to be. So, sleeping on a regular mattress lying on my back causes my arms to go to sleep. Enter the Posture-pedic with Memory foam. It cradles my body completely so that, even though I am bumpier than I used to be, it is as if I am lying flat. That makes me very happy and allows me to sleep the way I used to be able to do. Now I can sleep on my back as well as on my side.

Comfort
As far as body support, this mattress is great. It is a bit hot in the summer, so I use less covers, but not aching or having a part of my body falling asleep far outweighs that consideration. The gel mitigates the heat problem, but does not eliminate it.

Support
This mattress has the right amount of support so that I can sleep in comfort.

Firmness
I did not want a firm bed when I purchased this. My firm bed didn't work with my body type, old and rounder than when a younger person. Having the bed being less firm is a blessing.

The bed has held up well since I first bought it. I expect it to continue to do so.

• Firmness:

Amazing bed for those with chronic pain!

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

I suffer from chronic back and hip pain. Prior to this mattress, most nights I would toss and turn, then wake up miserable! Since getting this mattress I sleep SO good and pain has been reduced considerably! The mattress conforms to your body and is soft yet firm and provides great support. I would recommend this mattress to anyone with pain issues! Happy sleeping!

Soft yet firm

Have only had for approximately 4 months but no decline thus far.

• Firmness:

This Is Simply The Best Mattress Available.

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

This mattress is truly a dream come true! I suffer from back spasms from time to time, and this mattress is quite soothing to my back. Oftentimes, I am able to drift off into a peaceful and restful sleep seemingly only a few minutes after I retire for the evening. My husband loves this mattress, and he professes that it is the best he has ever owned. He sometimes has leg cramps, and this mattress is the best product available for alleviating his leg cramps. Trust me, we have tried other mattresses, but this stands out in the crowd of mattress types available.

Comfort
Ahhh, this is the best when it comes to comfort. Although not an advertised bonus, this mattress seems to conform to our different body types (mine and my husband's, that is) when we are both sleeping. If comfort ranks high on your list of non negotiables, then this is truly one mattress to consider.

Support
The mattress offers superb back support. In addition, it offers support for tired legs as well. My husband declares that this mattress has increased his ability to exercise at the gym longer.

Firmness
Yes! This mattress offers a firmness which is unsurpassed. You will love the feel of the mattress.

I have had my mattress set for a few years now, and I believe we will be able to keep it for another few years. It is quite simply the best.

• Firmness:

I WILL NEVER SLEEP ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SEALY NOW!

Very lovely and dreamy

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

Helps me get a better night's sleep. Perfect for anybody. It may be a little pricey but you'll be getting your money's worth.

Comfort
Heavenly. Let the dreams flow. I love it.

Support
:) pretty good I suppose.

Firmness
Can handle even a restless sleeper.

Should last many years with care. Don't be jumping on the bed now.

• Firmness:

Wierd at first, then really good

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

This product is very comfortable and makes for a fantastic night of sleep. However, the gel makes it feel really weird at first.

Comfort
After the first few nights getting used to the gel, it is fantastic. I always drift right into sleep, sleep really deep, and stay asleep until my alarm clock wakes me up.

Support
This mattress provides excellent support and really rejuvenates you. you will wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go. I know I sound like a commercial, but I am being dead serious.

Firmness
Because of the gel (and much like any other mattress) this bed loses its firmness after sleeping on it for a while. I feel like the gel looses firmness more quickly than a regular bed, but it still stays very comfortable.

This bed is extremely durable. My little girl will jump on this bed for ours, and not only has it stayed firm, but it has not ripped or torn once. That usually happens to other beds, but not this one. I love it.

• Firmness:

I really would love to replace this mattress.

• Firmness:

the best and most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

my husband and I purchased this mattress because I have bad lower back pain. this mattress has been amazing. the price we got for it was terrific, but you really can't put a price on the comfort level. I sleep soundly now with no back pain. my husband leaves for work early in the morning and when he gets up, I don't even feel him get out of bed, the movement just isn't transferred throughout the mattress. it's by far the best purchase we've made. it's like you're sleeping on a cloud. the gel infused mattress is also cooling, my husband loves that feature. it really breathes so you don't get hot and it forms to your body and makes one feel like they are sleeping on air. everyone should at least try this mattress, but once you try it, you will never go back. no matter what position you lay while you sleep, it's comfortable on this mattress. I would recommend this for anyone and everyone of any age and stature e

• Firmness:

best sleep ever, highly recommend

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

Very comfortable but still firm enough to support my back. Highly recommend this mattress and can't imagine sleeping on anything else. Other mattresses were cheaper but this mattress is worth the extra cost. I would wake up in pain on my other mattress now I wake up refreshed and pain free.

Comfort
Plush firm model is soft enough to be warm and comfortable but still firm enough for my bad back. Very comfortable, sink into slightly because of the memory foam but still lots of support.

Support
Plush firm model offers plenty of support for my bad back. Firm but not hard. Feel supported but not hard like sleeping on a rock.

Firmness
Plush firm perfect combo or support, comfort, and firmness. Firm without being hard and uncomfortable. Soft with lots of support.

Mattress had held up very well. My husband and dog and cat have all enjoyed this mattress. We have had it fifteen months and it is still like new. No wear issues at all.

sealy mattress

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

I was suffering horrific back pain on a daily basis. I used to dread getting out of bed in the morning because the pain was so severe. I also could not sleep or get comfortable. My husband and I decided to finally buy a new mattress and went shopping. We laid on several beds, and when we laid on this one, I knew it was the one! Buying a mattress is actually a huge investment because chances are you will have it for years to come. We have had ours now for two years and we could not be happier. I get a good nights sleep and no more back pain. I do dread getting up in the morning, but only because I don't want to get out of our bed! Hope this helps someone!