Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses
Sealy
Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress

Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (3)

• Primary bed (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (3)

I WILL NEVER SLEEP ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SEALY NOW!

I am giving this Mattress an overall rating of 9 because I feel like it is an EXTREMELY comfortable mattress but over time I found that it looses some of its comfort. I guess you could say you get used to it so to speak and I find myself switching sides every 5 or 6 months to keep the comfort level to a maximum.

Comfort
I can remember when I first got my Sealy Memory Foam Mattress and The men came up and put it in my room and set it up. I sat at the end of if and laid back with my legs still hanging off and fell asleep like this for 4 hours. That is how comfortable this Mattress really is.

Support
The support for this mattress is unsurpassed. I had some very MINOR back pain before I bought this mattress because I had been sleeping on the hard floor for 3 years and I will tell you that after only 1 week of having my Sealy all the pain was gone and it supports my back better than any mattress I have ever had. That statement may not hold true to everyone (I am not a doctor or anything) but it definitely works for me!

Firmness
The reason I am giving this a 9 for firmness is because the mattress starts off (at least for me it did) right at the perfect level of firmness for my body. Now I know everyone likes a little different level of firmness but I found as time went on the firmness that I enjoy went away and it got softer and softer (Almost like I was sinking into the mattress) so that is why I now have to switch sides every 5 or 6 months to give the other side a break. I know it sounds weird but it works for me. But still this Mattress OUTPERFORMS ANY OTHER I HAVE EVER HAD!

I have moved 3 times since having this mattress (and keep in mind I have the king size version) and it has stayed in just as good a shape as it was the day I bought it. Going up and down flights of stairs, being hauled in trucks, and still is just as good as the day I bought it.

I really would love to replace this mattress.

This mattress has been very uncomfortable from the beginning. It is not a mattress I picked but my husband did. I sleep on the couch most nights because I'm so uncomfortable. I hate waking with numb arms and back pain. I even get headaches now in the morning.

Comfort
The mattress is way too soft. After years of use the springs make it feel bumpy. I feel as if the mattress gets softer as well through each use. I just can never find a comfortable spot.

Support
I wake up with back pain and my hands are always numb if I sleep on this mattress.

Firmness
This mattress is not firm at all. I like a firm mattress and my husband likes soft, that's probably why he picked this mattress.

This mattress has survived many moves and still seems to work for my husband. He sleeps like a baby. However, the mattress has not survived my dog who has torn holes in it and might also explain it's bumpiness. My husband patched it up with ducktape.

The Best Sleep

from Marion, Illinois

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

I have to say we were mattress shopping for quite a while. I felt like the search was never going to end. Every mattress that we had laid on was too soft, too hard, or just plain uncomfortable. Then we found beds that sat too high or too low. I have degenerate disc disease, so sleeping is a hard task for me. When I laid on this bed I felt like I was in heaven. I really love how it conforms to the body in every spot. I have been able to comfortably sleep with this mattress. I will never switch, I also love how it does not get too hot and how when you get up it goes back to its place, it does not stay squished down at all. All in all this is an amazing bed, I do have some sleepless nights still, but when I do get to sleep I actually have the ability to sleep a little bit. When you sleep on your side and roll to your back it springs into place to conform, and vice versa. I fully recommend this mattress and will not be going to some other mattress.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Not overly soft

from Outside US

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

It is firm but not too firm as to become uncomfortable, it curves round your body shape, spreads your weight properly and is not lumpy. It does not trap heat and it is wide enough for a single person to toss and turn comfortably. Two people sharing the Sealy Gel will feel restricted because it is not wide enough for two adults to feel totally comfortable in, especially if they are big.

It has a nice design and is a good sleep companion, something to look forward to after a hard day at work. It is not cheap but worth the price, a very comfortable bed indeed.
      Bear in mind that this mattress can provide some succor for patients with rheumatism, because sometimes they might want a little softness (I don't think anyone enjoys sleeping on a hard bed ALL the time) the Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress fits the description, it is firm but soft enough to make you feel snug.

The price might be a little bit on the high side but if you do not mind the cost, and want something that is firm but a bit soft, the Sealy Gel Memory Foam mattress will fit the bill just fine.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great Upgrade

from Asbury Park, NJ

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

Got for a great deal at a memorial day sale. Upgraded from a full size and this provides great comfort and plenty of room to stretch.

Cool Memory Foam That Gives Good Back Support

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

I have used this mattress with my wife for a long time and we have both been pleasantly surprised at the amount of back support.

Comfort
        This has been the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. The gel allows the memory foam not to be too hot so that you do not wake up sweating. Comparing this mattress to a spring mattress with a pillow top this one is much more comfortable.

Support
        I have scoliosis and have constant back pain. This mattress has been the first one that does not cause me to wake up in pain or in the morning stiff. Even though it gives great back support it also is not overly firm so as to be able to sleep on your side.

Firmness
        The mattress is no overly firm but it makes up for that with great support. The memory foam makes the mattress cushy.

This mattress has been incredibly durable in the time we have had it. No signs of wear. We have even moved it from one house to another and there were no issues.

Love this comfortable Bed

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

This mattress set is so very comfortable. We bought it to replace out select comfort set and it was the best decision. We sleep so much better! I have back issues and my DH has sleep apnea and we are both sleeping much better on this set. We thought the memory foam would be "hot" but the gel is cooling so we don't wake all sweatty :)

Comfort
        love this bed! I cannot remember sleeping on a bed that is more comfortable.

Support
        This bed has some support. I sufffer from back problems (herniated discs) and the mattress has enough support to allow to to awake fully rested and without much if any pain most mornings.

Firmness
        this mattress is somewhat firm but has a decent amount of give to it :)

so far, so good! We feel like this mattress set has been durable enough for us! We havent been jumping on the bed nor do we have kids (other than 2 little 4-legged frriends) but it seems like it has been made to last and stand the test of time.

• Firmness:

I look forward to getting in bed because of this mattress

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

Overall, I'm glad I purchased this mattress and find it more comfortable than the box-spring kind. I am a person who enjoys sleeping and a good bed, so this mattress is a good fit for me.

Comfort
        I sought this type of mattress out after having a good experience with another gel memory foam mattress. I wanted to find an excellent mattress because, when you think about it, we spend a good 1/3 of our lives asleep (ideally, theoretically...). Sleep, to me, is one of the most simple and cheap pleasures in life, and I wanted to pamper myself with a really nice bed.

The only negative I've personally experienced (and it seems to occur with all non-spring beds) is that if I am lying on my stomach, propped up by my elbows to read a book or work on my laptop, the mattress puts pressure on the nerves running past my elbow so that my whole arm will go numb and start tingling. This happens fairly frequently, which I hear is not good for my arms. Other than that, if I use the bed normally for sleeping, it is incredibly comfortable and just lovely to get into bed at night.

Support
        As mentioned above, I have a different gel memory foam bed in my other home that I compare this mattress against, and that one seemed to give better support. I tend to feel more like I am sinking in this mattress, rather than feeling like I am resting comfortably on top. It is still a comfortable mattress; I just prefer my other one.

Firmness
        It certainly holds its shape while molding to the weight of whatever's on it, but I would not think of this mattress as extremely firm.

Mine is only a few months old, but the construction and materials seem to be of high quality. The outer covering is soft, almost silky. I think the mattress is also flippable, so this is something to do to extend the life of the mattress.

• Firmness:

Used it for more then 3 years.

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

I have used this mattress for more then three years now and I love the fact that it still feels like it did when we first got it. Its really comfortable and soft to sleep on. I hate mattresses that are great at first but a couple of months later it just goes wrong. But not this one, It is still in good quality after three years!

• Firmness:

A Fantastic night's sleep!

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

As I have grown older, my body contours are not as simple as they used to be. So, sleeping on a regular mattress lying on my back causes my arms to go to sleep. Enter the Posture-pedic with Memory foam. It cradles my body completely so that, even though I am bumpier than I used to be, it is as if I am lying flat. That makes me very happy and allows me to sleep the way I used to be able to do. Now I can sleep on my back as well as on my side.

Comfort
        As far as body support, this mattress is great. It is a bit hot in the summer, so I use less covers, but not aching or having a part of my body falling asleep far outweighs that consideration. The gel mitigates the heat problem, but does not eliminate it.

Support
        This mattress has the right amount of support so that I can sleep in comfort.

Firmness
        I did not want a firm bed when I purchased this. My firm bed didn't work with my body type, old and rounder than when a younger person. Having the bed being less firm is a blessing.

The bed has held up well since I first bought it. I expect it to continue to do so.

• Firmness:

Amazing bed for those with chronic pain!

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

I suffer from chronic back and hip pain. Prior to this mattress, most nights I would toss and turn, then wake up miserable! Since getting this mattress I sleep SO good and pain has been reduced considerably! The mattress conforms to your body and is soft yet firm and provides great support. I would recommend this mattress to anyone with pain issues! Happy sleeping!

Soft yet firm

Have only had for approximately 4 months but no decline thus far.

• Firmness:

This Is Simply The Best Mattress Available.

Comments about Sealy Gel Memory Foam Mattress:

This mattress is truly a dream come true! I suffer from back spasms from time to time, and this mattress is quite soothing to my back. Oftentimes, I am able to drift off into a peaceful and restful sleep seemingly only a few minutes after I retire for the evening. My husband loves this mattress, and he professes that it is the best he has ever owned. He sometimes has leg cramps, and this mattress is the best product available for alleviating his leg cramps. Trust me, we have tried other mattresses, but this stands out in the crowd of mattress types available.

Comfort
        Ahhh, this is the best when it comes to comfort. Although not an advertised bonus, this mattress seems to conform to our different body types (mine and my husband's, that is) when we are both sleeping. If comfort ranks high on your list of non negotiables, then this is truly one mattress to consider.

Support
        The mattress offers superb back support. In addition, it offers support for tired legs as well. My husband declares that this mattress has increased his ability to exercise at the gym longer.

Firmness
        Yes! This mattress offers a firmness which is unsurpassed. You will love the feel of the mattress.

I have had my mattress set for a few years now, and I believe we will be able to keep it for another few years. It is quite simply the best.