3.6
Sealy
Sealy Embody Latex Mattress

Sealy Embody Latex Mattress

3.6

I love my Sealy Spring Free bed!

I was very particular when looking for a new bed.  I searched online for weeks researching all the different types of beds available and reading tons of reviews.  Finally decided on a Latex bed.  Sealy makes the Sealy Spring Free beds.  We got the Plush which is perfect.  My husband likes firmer and I like softer.  This is right in the middle.

We've had the bed for about a month now.  There is NO sagging or indents where we lay.  The bed isn't hot or cold (latex beds can sometimes be one or another).  It took me a few nights to get used to it.  Didn't have any pain with the adjusting, it was just different from our 20 year old sagging bed.  We both were having a lot of back pain from our old spring bed.  We did read the latex can be a little firmer in the beginning, and it is, but it is loosening up, but not losing support at all.  It's hard to explain.  It is giving me excellent spine support while letting my hips and shoulders be absorbed in the bed.

I suggest anyone get this bed, but get Plush.  Super Plush might end up too soft, unless you really like soft.  But if you have a spouse that likes the opposite of you, then this might be the way to go.  I'm 39 and he's 42 and I have a lot of back/hip issues.  This bed does not aggrevate them at all.  .

All Sealy Latex Mattress Sag!

Wish i would have research before we bought our Sealy's latex Mattress. If you look at Epinions and other consumer review sites you will find that almost all have the same complaint, sagging. Their latex mattress lack quality. We are on our 3rd mattress and they wont let us change models. Each time it is pure hassle to get it replaced, which takes 8-12 weeks of paper work, countless follow up calls, money to pay for bed inspectors and shipping, and God forbid the mattress has any stains or tears when it arrives, it will have to go back...... Stay clear from Sealy's Latex Mattresses! Don't get sucked in because they feel good, because that wont last!

Sealy Mattress

Comments about Sealy Embody Latex Mattress:

Overall a great very comfortable mattress. Better than any spring mattress I have ever owned. My only complaint is that I get extremely hot sleeping on this mattress. I have no clue why but it seems to absorb my body heat and throw it back at me. Perfect for winter, not so much for summer. I put a heavy blanket down in summer to sleep on top of and it seems to help. The mattress is so comfortable that this is minor in comparison.

Comfort
By far the most comfortable mattress I've slept on. I was hesitant at first buying a non-spring mattress but 2 years later I do not regret my decision at all. It seems to mold to your body and provides a wonderful nights sleep. I wake up feeling refreshed and not wanting to get out of bed it's so comfy!

Support
I have horrible back issues do to a car accident. This mattress supports my back well enough that I'm not tossing and turning all night long trying to find that one spot to sleep. I never wake up stiff or in pain.

Firmness
It is firm, it does leave an impression after you've been on it a while but I think that is normal of any mattress like this one.

We've had it just over 2 years and have two wild kids that like to climb up and jump and run around on it. It's still just as firm as the day we bought it.

• Comfort:
  • Support:
  • Firmness:

Not great for the back!

Comments about Sealy Embody Latex Mattress:

We bought this mattress about 3 months back. I thought this would provide some comfort to my back.. But unfortunately it did not! The mattress sinks does not really contour the body like a memory foam should! The good thing is that it does not get warm during summer like most memory foams do!

Support
Does not support the back!

I think it will last!

• Comfort:
  • Support:
  • Firmness:

Do Not Buy-Horrendous

from North Wales, PA

Comments about Sealy Embody Latex Mattress:

This mattress is horrendous. Sealy should be ashamed of this product and of putting their name on it. Not to soon after you start using this, it indents and never bounces back as advertised. The indentations are very stange and kind of lumpy. Then you start to have aches and pains you never had before. Of course the indents are not deep enough to satisfy the warranty, possibly it was designed this way on purpose? Sealy needs to recall this lemon!!

more reason to just stay in bed....

from Harrisburg, PA

Comments about Sealy Embody Latex Mattress:

For the last few months my sleep has deterioated. The mattress we had was a no-name mattress that my husband had bought from a discount store when he first moved out on his own. Needless to say, it wasn't a good mattress at all! You could feel the springs. You would wake up aching everywhere. I complained to my husband about it, but it didn't seem to bother him. He thought the mattress was fine. He bought a memory foam topper, in hopes that it would help make it more comfortable for me. It seemed to work for a little while, but before long I was waking up with a sore back again. My husband finally agreed that we needed a new mattress. His back was starting to hurt too. We were always waking up tired. We started taking naps while our son napped. This wasn't right... for pete's sake we are only 21 and 23. So the hunt began..... Right away I decided I didn't want a mattress with springs. That pretty much left us with 2 types of mattresses: memory foam or latex. I had some experience with memory foam since we had gotten a memory foam topper. It was comfortable, but got pretty hot. We also noticed that after awhile the memory foam didn't respond as well. We then started to look into latex foam mattresses.I found this and i am staying with it.

I love my Sealy Spring Free bed!

from Oxford, PA

Sealy Posturepedic Latex Mattress - Love staying in bed

from Bergenfield, NJ

Comments about Sealy Embody Latex Mattress:

I am not a big spring mattress fan.  But Tempurpedics are just too expensive for me.  So we bought the Sealy Posturepedic Latex Mattress as a cheaper alternative to Tempurpedic.  After over a year, we have not regretted our purchase.  The major pro is that this mattress is very comfortable.  I have a caveat though.  If you are not used to a latex mattress, it takes getting used to.  I think for us, it took me a week or two to get used to having my mattress sort of cushion my body.  But once I got used to it, I don't think I have ever had a better night's sleep than I do now.  What it does not do though is absorb other people's movements.  It is not a con for me because I never expected the mattress to do so.  I can still feel my husband's movements when he gets up at night but it is far less wobbly than a spring mattress.  I don't feel his every toss and turn.  The mattress has kept its shape and firmness until now.  If there is any con, it is that you will not want to get out of bed because it is just too comfortable.

Abolutely NO Support

from Ontonagon, MI

Comments about Sealy Embody Latex Mattress:

I purchased a Sealy Latex Bed the name of the mattress set is Venice Beach. Almost from the very beginning I had problems. I woke up every day with terrible back aches. I couldn't straighten up and the worst part was my husband started having back problems to the extent that he was missing work. We determined it was the bed. When you measured the indentations they were within the inch and a half guidelines however when you laid on the bed you sunk down several inches. This bed cost appr.2300.00 Sealy will not warrant the bed and the furniture store has it and now i have to pick it up. Its an hour away and I have to find someway to get it home. I purchased a new bed and a Sterns and Foster and have been happy ever since no pain and a good nights sleep.Who would do that after paying that much money on a bed. I figured I would live with it, but my husband couldn't sleep in it anymore.

I love this mattress.

from Laurel Hill, NC

Comments about Sealy Embody Latex Mattress:

I had a Select Comfort bed for about 7 years and I wanted a change.  I purchased this matteress and I have never slept better.  I even got a down comforter from Sealy. Keep making great mattress'.

velnaj

Our Sealy latex mattress is comfortable and durable.

from East Hartford, CT

Comments about Sealy Embody Latex Mattress:

We've had our Sealy Beachside mattress since fall of 2008. This mattress is a latex, springfree mattress, and we've been very pleased with it. When we went on our honeymoon shortly after getting the mattress, we stayed at a very nice all-inclusive resort in Mexico. My husband's only complaint about the trip was that he missed our mattress! I used to be in sales for a major furniture retailer, so I've been trained in the benefits of this mattress, including its hypoallergenic properties and how it relieves pressure points, making it a good choice for those with allergies and back-pain sufferers. The back pain relief is actually one of the main reasons we chose this mattress, as my husband has had back pain for several years. This mattress has relieved much of his pain and helped him get a good night's sleep. We have been pleased with how the mattress has held up, though we did have a problem with the boxsprings less than a year after we got delivery. They were very squeaky, but once they were replaced, we haven't had any problems.

The Sealy SpringFree mattress is like Heaven!

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Sealy Embody Latex Mattress:

My husband and I were in the market to buy a new mattress about 3 weeks ago. When first layed down on the SpringFree mattress I had to know what type of mattress is was. I must have layed on it for a good 10-15 minutes while my husband went to find the saleswoman. The mattress conformed to my body while also feeling firm enough not to get a backache, but so very soft you melted into it. Ever since we bought the mattress home I no longer have restless nights of sleep. No tossing and turning, just sound sleep (unless a child or the dog jumps on the bed). It was highly priced, but well worth every penny. The 20 year warrenty is a major plus in my book as well. I would recommend this mattress to friends and family.