Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Sea Breeze is quite refreshing.

This product is awesome. It's so easy to use, you only need a cotton ball or pad, squeeze a little on and swipe it gently on your face. You will notice how much dirt is on your skin after looking at the pad. It controls oil in your pores that will treat and prevent breakouts. One thing i thoroughly love about this product is that it's very affordable, it noticeably works after a twice a day routine, and it feels great. If you get this product close to your nose the smell is overpowering and if you have any broken skin wherever it is applied, it will burn, just as alcohol does. But other than that this is a wonderful product and i recommend it to anyone needing clean and healthy skin.

Sea Breeze Astringent: Clean, but Ouch!!!!

I didn't realize how sensitive my skin was until I used this!  My husband uses this daily on his face, and when I was out of Clinique that I usually use, I used this.  Well, it felt clean and tingly, but OUCH!!!!  It left my face red, and I didn't notice until my husband pointed it out!  I was highly disappointed!  I know now that they have a sensitive skin one!  Also, the yellow color kind of looks like urine, which grosses me out!  And the smell is VERY stong.  I had to re-wash my face TWICE just to try and get some of the smell off, and it was STILL there after 2 washes.  My skin may just have reacted to it because it truly is very sensitive, but I have to stick with Clinique from now on, vs. this Sea Breeze brand.  I also smell my husband's face after he is done washing and it has an oder, but on him it's not a problem.  If I run out again, I'll try the Sensitive version, since my Clinique is rather on the expensive side!

Started using in middle school and it's my go to astringent.

from West Virginia

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

I started using this astringent in middle school because it's the product that my parents both used as teenagers back in the 80s. I don't believe the formula has changed much since then and it gave my skin a good feel and look overall.

The smell of the astringent is very harsh. It is strong and will definitely wake you up if you need a boost before school. To use the astringent, you have to purchase cotton applicators separately which is a little inconvenient but not a big deal. The product makes my face tingle every time I use it. I'm not sure if it's cleaning extra deep or if its an affect of something in the product. I am inclined to think the latter, but this product has done a good job of toning out my skin. I notice that even though it doesn't say it's a toner, my face seems to have far less red spots or splotches.

As a sensitive skin formula, it's still a little harsh and drying. Try using it either in the morning or at night, not both. I found that this gave me just the right combo.

Definitely improved the acne on my forehead and chin.

Ease of Application
It's easy enough, just a little cumbersome.

Convenience
Again, a little annoying buying the pads and applying it to them and wringing them out but it's worth it.

Side Effects
It can be overdrying even though it's for sensitive skin.

Immediacy
I can feel it tingling and cleaning as soon as I begin to apply.

• Immediacy:

Without a doubt one of the best deep-cleaning astringents.

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

Sea Breeze is easily my favorite astringent that I've ever used. After running through a bottle of it, however, I've yet to find it anywhere. I would use it at the end of the day before I did my night-time routine to get the muck of the day off my face and it worked fantastically. It did take a few cotton-ball applications (lots of muck!) but in the end it made my skin breathe and feel amazingly fresh.

This astringent does what every astringent should - makes you face feel light and fresh and clean.

Ease of Application
I feel as if I should have purchased cotton pads for this astringent, and I would recommend using pads for anyone planning on using it, as I used cotton balls and I ran through them like nobody's business. It would soak up the astringent easy enough, but it would soak up the grime on face quickly as well and I would run through about 7 cotton balls per application.

Convenience
Very convenient product, and easy to travel, but the only downside is that you have to make sure you have some cotton product to apply it with. I once found myself without cotton balls and had to do with tissue paper - it did not work nearly as effectively and my face still felt pretty mucky.

Side Effects
While it does leave your face feeling very clean and it's wonderful to just watch the nasty stuff on your face fade away, it leaves your face a bit sensitive too. I don't believe it's harsh by any means, but it isn't gentle either.

Immediacy
As I'm using it and immediately thereafter, my face feels wonderfully fresh. It works quickly, and as you see your cotton applicators get less and less dirty, it's nice to know how clean your face is getting.

Mixed Reviews

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

Overall, Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin is a nice astringent. I used it for several months as a teenager with acne-prone skin, hoping it would help clear my pores and remove dirt and oil from my face. I can tell you that it definitely does that! This product is gentle and easy to use. Just quirt a small amount of it onto a cotton ball or cotton pad and swipe it across your face. You'll be amazed by how much dirt, impurities and residue were on your face that you didn't even know about! It really made my face feel soft and clean and healthy. This product is convenient, extremely easy to apply, and worked well right away. It also smells nice and it never irritated or burned my skin. Also, it did help my oily skin - at least for the first few hours, but then as the day wore on, my face would reproduce all the oil and more - leaving my face soft, but completely slick and shiny. Perhaps if I had used some sort of lotion after using this astringent I would have had better results. I loved everything about this product, but it just made my face too oily.

Sea Breeze Burns

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

I have never been a fan of sea breeze products. My mother has bought sea breeze for years and seems to enjoy it. However, I tried to use seabreeze as a teenager for acne. Although I never had major acne problems while using seabreeze I did have dry skin, and it burned a lot. Whenever I would use sea breeze my eyes would swell up and get watery and stay irritated for a good portion of the day. The scent is also so strong that it opens up your airways when using it and can sometimes burn. Here recently I tried to use sea breeze again because of the good effect it had on my acne and decided I didn't like it and still wouldn't purchase it because of the bad experience during use. The long lasting effects are good but it is so uncomfortable to use that I won't buy it.

Although I did like the effectiveness and how it left my skin feeling bare of any oils that cause acne I did not like the feeling of irritation associated with seabreeze.

Ease of Application
The discomfort is so bad that the ease of application is not enjoyable. Also for me to get the best effect I had to buy cotton applicators along with it. I don't want to buy a product that makes you buy another product.

Side Effects
OUCH!

sea breeze is amazing!

from Williston, VT

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

I love sea breeze astringent. I find it does amazing things for my skin and is worth every penny of the price. it is the best astringent I have used ever. It keeps my skin super clear, toned, clean, and overall balanced looking. It tingles and feels good on my skin.

Sea breeze astringent made a difference in my skin in around 3 days. It cleans it instantly and you can feel the clean right away but the skin clearing and toning took place within 3 days. it smells nice, isn't too harsh on skin, and just overall is my number 1 go to product.

Ease of Application
I find it super easy to apply. I put it on a cotton ball or tissue and clean my face like that.

Convenience
its quick and easy to use, nothing to rinse off and you don't have to wait for something to set in and its just a real simple product.

Side Effects
I can see where some people could get some drying from this product but my skin is naturally super oily so I did not have that problem whatsoever. in fact I did not have any side effects at all.

Immediacy
The clean feeling is immediate, the clearing and toning took place within 3 days and stayed clear.

• Immediacy:

Good product for oily skin prone to acne

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

I like using this product, especially for my acne-prone skin! However I would suggest only using this product if you have oily skin. I have combination skin & I only use this on my t-zone. Good for spot treatment and/or daily use especially if you're acne-prone like me. I also found that if you have sensitive skin that it could be slightly irritating, so if that's the case with you then you may consider using every other-other day or every couple days. Also, if you have combination skin like me or dry skin, you should use this as a spot treatment so that you avoid over-drying all of your skin but then be sure to use extra moisturizer so that you don't get too dry. Do what works best for you!
Enjoy!

Side Effects
I found this best for oily skin, could over dry your skin if it's already dry or irritate if you have sensitive skin. Perfect for my oily t-zone area! great for spot treatment of acne &/or blemishes.

• Immediacy:

Sensitive skin friendly, just like it says.

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

I used to use Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent for Sensitive Skin every morning and night as a teenager. It was inexpensive, effective, and non-irritating. Because I have sensitive skin, I've always had to be very careful never to use products that inflamed or irritated my skin, and SeaBreeze for sensitive skin proved to be a safe product. It's gentle yet tough on acne, which is perfect for teenagers. My only complaint is that it's not made with natural or organic ingredients, which I now prefer. However, it worked every time and left my skin feeling clean. It never dried out my skin either. I also used it to refresh during the day when I felt like I needed to freshen up and get rid of mid-day oiliness.

Definitely cleanses your pores and makes your skin feel nice and clean.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply with a cottonball.

Side Effects
No adverse side effects, redness, or dryness with my sensitive skin.

• Immediacy:

Despite the name, not the best choice for sensitive skin

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

I had a bad breakout and, after using a spot treatment to get through the worst of it, I was looking for a facial cleanser to help clear it up and keep it from coming back. I have pretty sensitive skin, so Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin seemed like the obvious choice. Unfortunately, it just didn't work well for me to use it on healthy skin, and it was too much fuss to dab it only on blemishes. It felt way over-mentholated (to the point of leaving me with a burning sensation, rather than a cooling one, on the affected areas), and it dried out my skin if I used it as directed, so I've pretty much stopped using it.

Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin penetrated into the affected area and reduced the visibility of pimples and blackheads, but I didn't use it long enough to see how it works as a routine facial cleanser.

Ease of Application
You just swab Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin on your skin with a cotton ball. Because I found it drying, I used it only on areas with blackheads or pimples.

Convenience
Other than requiring you to keep cotton balls in the house for application, Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin is pretty convenient. It's no thicker than water, though, so it's important to pour into onto the cotton ball slowly.

Side Effects
Although the bottle says it's cooling and not over-drying, unfortunately that wasn't my experience. My carefully dotting it only on blemishes, I was able to avoid the tightness and flaky skin that I got from using it on healthier skin, but I found the "cooling" to sting too much for regular use.

Immediacy
It didn't start clearing up pimples and blackheads immediately, but I did notice a difference after a few uses.

• Immediacy:

Lots of power in a little bottle

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

This astringent does a lot for a small price. It leaves a pleasant tingle and helps to close up pores almost right when you apply. The application is easy and makes the skin feel more clean than with regular washing. It removes leftover impurities that might still be there after washing, but it's not too rough that you can't use it everyday. I've noticed less blackheads and fewer breakouts since using this astringent.
I've seen some worries that the astringent is too strong, and this might be the case for someone that has sensitive skin. The smell is pleasant to me, but I can also see where some might find it too strong. It's been a good product for me, but if you have sensitivity to smell or really sensitive skin, then you might not want to use this everyday, but perhaps every other day or three times a week. I've tried other more expensive toners and this one is just as effective, so you get a lot more for your money using this product.

Sea Breeze Astringent: Not Just For Teens

Comments about Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent Sensitive Skin:

I wouldn't call me over the hill but I am definitely not an acne prone teenager. I need an astringent on my skin because even at my age it can be very oily. When I clean my skin I need something that isn't going to irritate my sensitive facial area or dry it out too much. This astringent cleaner works every time and just right. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry and smells great. It takes off make-up and oil without leaving it reddened or itchy. I love the way it feels. I also use it right before I apply my make-up for a fresh feeling. I would recommend it for teenagers who do have acne because it will dry up the oil but no make them look red or irritated. After wearing make-up all day I can surely use the help it offers. It smells very refreshing too. I recommend for all age groups and all skin-types.

works great.

wipe-on, wipe-off.

easy to carry in a bag.

Side Effects
don't rub product into skin, just wipe on and off.

Immediacy
instantly cleans oil and dirt without irritation.