Other Hair Accessories:
Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct

Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct

Pros

Cons

These are a mainstay in my house!!

I have 3 feet of hair, so finding products that work for me and my hair is tough. I also don't like things to be overly flashy or to stand out too much. I'm very conservative in my dress. So simple and effective is just what I need and want. Scunci does that for me, especially with the Natural color bands they have. I love how the colors are all earth tone and don't stand out like a sore thumb. But the best it that they hold my hair very nicely and for a long time without having to be adjusted again and again. The elastic inside them keeps on going for a long time too. I'll admit that I am pretty hard on my bands, but these always hold up well. I keep them around all over my house so I have one available when I need it. So the price being extrememly reasonalble, or better yet, excellent, is wonderful!! I don't want to spend a fortune on something, so I aprreciate the number that comes in the package and how well they last. I don';t have to replace them over and over. Now if I could just keep from loosing them all the time!!

Not bad

I use these almost all the time because I like to keep my hair out of my face. I have medium length hair that is on the thinner side; but they stay in my hair all day without sliding. I love that they don't have the metal part so it does not tug at my hair when I pull it off. It's also great that they have colors that will either blend in with your hair color or just not stand out too much.

The first few times you use it, they will feel tight and sturdy. However, each elastic will only last you so long. After a few wears, they will start to stretch out and you will need to loop them in your hair a couple of more times in order for them to stay in your hair properly. This can be quite annoying because it just won't be comfortable anymore. If you don't loop it enough, your ponytail will be too loose; if you loop it too much, it will be too tight and uncomfortable. I've also had some of them snap after using it only a handful of times. It's a good thing there are 18 in one pack so it's not too bad for the price.

Perfect hair ties!

from Daytona Beach, FL

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

I have used Scunci since I have had hair long enough to put in a ponytail. As a sports player, these are absolutely necessary. My favorite part about them is that they have taken the metal parts off of the ties to reduce the tearing and ripping of hair. As someone whose hair is up most of the time, this reduces the damage that I've done to it. They also have these in natural hair colors, which is more age appropriate for those who are not children any longer! I can match the hair tie to the color of my hair and it can look almost as if I am not using anything to hold my hair in place. These ties also do not slide out of my hair like the thinner rubber bands sometimes do. They hold my hair tightly in place, even while doing physical activity, without being so tight that it gives me a headache.

The ties are fairly low priced, and the pack of 18 is convenient, because they can be borrowed and not returned, or lost easily!

I own lots of Scunci Elastic bands!

from Selkirk, NY

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

I really like Scunci Elastic Bands!  I have have to admit I have these all over the house, car, purse and diaper bag.  They are a staple for me.  They do not damage my hair, or slide out of my hair.  I have thin hair and it is hard to find a band that will stay in place and not rip hair out when you remove them.  These do a great job of staying in place and not damaging my hair.  I love that their is no metal, so no worries about getting them wet.  They do not rust, like other bands with metal.  I love using these in the summer time to hold my hair back while swimming.  Another great thing is they are safe for my daughter to use also.  I do not have to worry about them getting tangled in her hair either.  I love the natural colors, they go with everything.  They also come in lots of great colors and are a good deal for the price.  Not too pricey and some stores have them buy one get one free at times.

Scunci Elastic Natural work really good!

from Hamlet, IN

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

First off, I love all the different color syou can get these in. They have your neutrals, blacks, browns, tans, creams, navys, whites, and dark greens. But they also have fun packs like pastels, neons, and other rainbow fun packs too. Sometimes, even us 'grown ups' get bored with just our plain colors. These are great, I really like them. I love that they are metal free, so they don't damage your hair anymore than wrapping your hair up already does. My hair is waist length, is dark blonde, with natural highlights, and it's naturally wavy- so I put a lot of work into it, trying to constantly keep it healthy, un damaged, and using things that won't hurt it- so I really like that these are metal free! I love them, actually. These aren't too expensive, and they work great. They don't stretch out or break as much as other brands I have used do. They hold your hair up real nice and tight, without having to squeeze it all in. They don't get tangled in your pony tail, bun or hair like lots of other ones I've used seem to always do. These are really cute, chic, not too expensive, work great, and are healthier for your hair then others... and they are all I use. Great product, I use it everyday!

I really like these hair elastics

from Hiram, GA

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

Scunci Natural Elastics are great for throwing hair into a ponytail. I like these particular pony-tail holders because they are thin so they aren't as noticable as other, thicker hair holders. I generally have one on my wrist so that I can pull my hair up when it gets in the way. I like that these elastics come in nice, neutral colors that will pretty much look acceptable with anything. I also like that they hold stretch for a pretty reasonable amount of time. They will, like any other hair holders,stretch out after prolonged use, but for a month or so, they will wrap nicely around my hair three times without being too tight and without slipping out. Eventually, though, the part where the elastic connects in a ring will stretch and unravel so that you can't really use it anymore. Also, I tend to lose track of these, but to combat that I try to slip them around the door knob to my bathroom. Overall, these are great hair holders. I appreciate that they do not have any metal on them so that they are ouchless.

Trusty Scunci Hairtie

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

I like that there are no metal clamps on the hairtie and my hair isn't creased weirdly after I take out the tie. Putting on and taking off the hairtie is completely painless and none of my hair comes out when I take off the tie. My hair is held in place and the tie keeps it from distracting me as I work. These are extremely hard to break, but do stretch after a while. I have thick hair, so the hairtie does stretch, and I often have to stretch it even further to make sure that it wraps around my hair enough so that it holds it in place and won't fall out. The con to it streching is that it doesn't hold onto my hair as tightly, and won't stay onto my wrist. I love the fun colors and the original size is perfect for putting on my wrist. I love the tie for not killing my wrist or leaving deep marks afterwards. The price is inexpensive, but for people who are forgetful like me, I lose them easily and end up having to rebuy them.

Naturals are great

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

I bought this product becasue I always use Scunci hair ties. I like how they dont have the metal peice in them that hurts hair. The metal peice always get tangled in my hair and then it rip my hair out too. I think theses are much healthier for your hair, becasue, well, you will still have your hair! Also, I notice they are are stretchier than normal. This is good for thick hair types like mine because two wraps around is not enough, and three is needed. Sometimes it wont wrap around three times, but these always do what I need them to do. I notice they make them stay together with glue...thats the only problem. Everyone once in awhile they break. I think the glue gets old and it breaks. But i continue to use them, and they are inexpensive too. I use a big pack like the one pictured for about 4 months. I would reccomend this to people who work out at the gym too becasue no matter what i do, my hair stays in place.

Love it but...

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

I have kind of thick hair which can be good and bad for this kind of product. The Scunci Elastic Natural 18 count product is great to use in that it doesn't tug and pull at my hair like some hair ties do. The problem is the fact that my hair is thick so that I have to be really careful with these products so that they don't snap at me. I have had this product snap at me a few times and it does freak me out a little whenever I use this because I am afraid that it will snap again. With a lot of hair ties, repeated usage of the hair ties can make it fray and not work as well as when you first bought it. I'll use these in the summer if I am leaving my hair braids because then there is less hair to put together. My sister who has lighter hair than mine really loves this so it is definitely good for less thick hair. I will usually leave these on my wrist since they are neutral colors and basically go with any outfit anyways.

its good.

from New York, NY

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

The **Scunci Elastic Natrl 18ct **is a card of 18 neuteral colored elastics. I bought them because they had no metal on them to snag my hair. They fit around my wrist (which is very small) and I often keep one on my wrist to quickly tie my hair back when it is in my way. The elastics are covered and don't break my hair and they hold tightly. They are not flashy so they can be worn with any clothing. My issue is that the elastics tend to stretch out after a few wearings. At first, they hold my hair firmly with just a couple of loops. Then I find myself wrapping them around my hair more and more. Finally, they just snap as I try to use them. This has happened to many of the ones I have and I am getting used to it. I get about five to eight good ponytails out of an elastic and then the stretching starts. They slide off my wrist. They take several loops to secure my hair. And about five uses later, they snap and break. These aren't overly expensive but that is still annoying. There is no reason for them to fall apart that way. Scunchi makes loads of hair products and they have several newer bands that are damage and metal free that hold up better and look nicer. All I want is to get all this hair off my face. But I do NOT want to damage it nor do I want to keep replacing my elastics every few weeks.

Thick hair, but it works!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

I also have very thick hair and I know all people with thick hair have a hard time finding good bands that last.  These Scunci bands are the best!! They take a longer time to stretch out and the non-metal ones are just as good and more comfortable since they have come out.  Even the thinner bands that they make work for thick hair.  These bands do not snap and break as much either.  I was very surprised that even the thinner bands last awhile for thick hair.  They also do not seem to tangle in hair much.  I know this has been a problem in the past and I feel that Scunci always works to make their products better.  I like the fact that they always try and think of their customers.  I am very happy with most of their other products too.  I think you get great quality for cost with this product.  It is wonderful to have such a reliable product too.  I do not think this is very expensive and that almost all people can afford it.  This is highly recommended!!

These hair ties rock!

from Freedom, PA

Comments about Scunci Elastic Natural 18ct:

for someone like me, the price of these hair ties are great because Im always losing them and needing to buy more. They keep their elasticity for a longggg time, and they never break on me like some other brands I have tried.