Other Shampoos:
Color-Enhancing Shampoo
Scruples Renewal Color Retention Shampoo

Scruples Renewal Color Retention Shampoo

The perfect clean for color treated hair!

from Dacula, GA

Comments about Scruples Renewal Color Retention Shampoo:

Background info- I have thick, wavy/curly, caucasian, color treated, occasionally heat styled hair. I tried this product at the suggestion of my stylist who had just decided to test it in the salon. We weren't sure whether to go with moisturizing or color protecting shampoo, so we tried the color protecting first (read my review on the scruples moisture bath to see how that one went!). I was expecting something creamy, as shampoos for color treated hair usually account for our hair being a little on the dry side, and was surprised at how claryifying this product was! After shampooing I was a little concerned that it might even dry my hair out...Renewal conditioner to the rescue. They are definitely formulated to work together and balance each other out. Though I don't want any confusion, the conditioner is in no way heavy. My curls still curl and my hair stays clean for 24-48 hours without it ever feeling dry. Oh and of course, my color still looked good after 6 weeks. I will absoluetly use this product in the future.

* in the interest of full disclosure, I should advise that the writing on the shampoo bottle flaked off and left little black letters all over the place after it got wet, but I have 3 other scruples bottles that didn't have that problem so it must have been a defective label.