Other Bathroom Cleaners:
Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber

Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber

Pros

Cons

About as powerful as a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet

I bought Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber a few months ago. I used it once, after not cleaning my tub for an embarrassingly long time.  I liked the convenience of it but wasn't too impressed with the amount of elbow grease I had to use to get my tub clean.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I was invited to do a campaign for BzzAgent.com on this product. I signed up reluctantly because I figured I'd give it another shot. I am so glad I did..

This product is really nice because it is convenient. When I need to scrub my tub I have the handle already sitting on the back of my toilet,  I just reach over and grab the tub of pads, slap one on and go to town. When I'm done, I just toss the pad in the trash, put the handle back on the back of my toilet, and voila... mission accomplished! :)

I like the soft grip of the handle... it's really nice with my carpel tunnel. And, for the record, it is just powerful enough for people that actually clean their tubs *more than once a millennium*. The only thing I would change about this product is perhaps a long handle for people with bad backs.

To recap - Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber is a great tool for maintenance cleaning of your shower and tub. It doesn't work well (and I don't think it is intended for) cleaning set in stains from people that don't like to clean their tubs (for *that* I suggest a bottle of no-drip bleach, a power washer, and a jackhammer). It is a convenient and ergonomic product. I highly recommend it.

Scrubbing Bubbles Needed my Elbow Grease to Scrub the Tub

Scrubbing Bubbles is going nuts with a whole slew of new products to make our cleaning easier.  Some do.  Some don't.  The **Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubbe**r is one that  falls into the so-so category.The Action Scrubber product comes as a kit that includes a handy dandy stiff foam handle.  The bottom of the scrubber handle is made to hold the cleaning pads in place.  [Make sure you follow the directions precisely so that they stay intact.] If not properly attached they will come off before you are ready for them to.  Each pad comes with concentrated cleanser built into it.  The cleanser activates once wet.  The kit also contains a clear plastic tub for storage of the 4 disposable pads.  **So-So Results:**I found the scrubber to work okay but the cleanser didn't last as long as I think it should have.  Considering that I have to use 2 or 3 to clean the shower or bath it makes the product quite expensive in my book.  In the end it did clean as well as traditional Scrubbing Bubbles from a can and left a nice shine. However, it didn't cut the amount of elbow grease needed to clean well. In the future I will use Scrubbing Bubbles and a sponge.

Manicure saver!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

The glaze on my bathtub is quite worn and therefore my tub always has black marks or dirt marks. I have found that the most effective cleaners for those marks are the eraser sponges. Most are a rectangle and when you need to use a little elbow grease it can be difficult to get a good grip on them. Your hands get filled with the cleaner and little pieces of the sponges. The handles on these sponges are ingenious. I can really get a good angle on them and the marks come off so much easier. Not to mention this is quite nice for your hands and nails. Now, do I wish they had more longevity? Absolutely. I get three to four cleanings of the tub before the sponge becomes too worn.

The handle makes a huge difference. It lets you get a good grip on the sponge without tearing your nails up.

There really isn't a scent to the sponges. They can take on the odor of some of the cleaning sprays I use in conjunction with them. To prevent a mildew scent I always let these thoroughly dry on my counter before I put them away.

Great on corian! Finally something easy to use!

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

I've tried so many products to clean my corian shower - nothing was working! I had this and gave it a try and it couldn't be easier to use - you don't get soap on hands - as you wipe you can feel it getting clean - leaves nice shiny walls!

Great! So easy to use on shower walls and glass doors! So happy with this - I hope this one stays around!

great scent - not like other cleaning products

The scrubber makes it so easy.

from Austin, TX

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

I barely have to use my bristled scrub brush in the shower anymore since I found the Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber. The scrubber molds to my hands and makes it so that I do not have to get all sticky with the cleaning solution. The scrubber lasts over and over which is great and I have not found any mold or mildew on it and it maintains it's shape and strength. Unfortunately, I am having trouble finding the pads to use with the scrubber. At first they were readily available in the grocery stores and even some discount stores, but now it is nearly impossible for me to find the refill pads. The only other issue is that you do have to add water to the pads not just once at the beginning of the cleaning, but repeatedly throughout the cleaning process. I have not had a problem with this as I am mostly using it to clean the shower and the water is right there. It does well on not only the tile walls but even the glass doors.

Action Scubber,is the best and easy way to clean your tub

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

I like the way all you need is the base of scubber and the pad,to give your bathtub the scent of fresh.I used to use the spray on wait and wipe.Now I just use a little water and wipe.No need in waiting for the right time,to wipe away the grime.I just attach the pad to the base,and go from there.It's so easy the kids can do it.In which they do.They like cleaning the tube.They weren't to into it before.And when you are done cleaning the tub or shower.You just throw the pad away.Nothing to it,and you still have that fresh natural scent in your bathroom

Johnson& Johnson The Scubbing Bubble Pad.It is pretty reasonable in price and you don't have all those extra cleaning products to bog you down

it got the stains out they disappeared and the tub was spotless

bathroom fresh

Meh - not so much...

from Houston, TX

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber... was seriously lacking in cleaning action.  I was personally very disappointed in this product.

The kit comes with a big squooshy sponge, with a comfortable handle-area, plus a pack of pre-soaped scrubby pads which you activate with a splash of water and then stick onto the bottom of the squooshy sponge with some kind of velcro-action.  It seems like it would be a great idea.

The squooshy handled sponge is actually great, and very ergonomic.  The soap on the pads has an absolutely heavenly scent.  When I wet the pad and smelled this I thought for sure it was the answer to my clean-bathroom prayers.  But then, I wet down the shower and started scrubbing.  And scrubbing.  And scrubbing, scrubbing, scrubbing until my hair hung down my face in sweaty messy tendrils.  And the shower WAS NOT CLEAN!

I was previously, and still am, a "Comet and a rag" type of girl when it comes to bathroom hygiene.  With a shake of comet and a rag, and 5 minutes 3 times a week my bathroom is squeaky clean and soapscum free.  With this action scrubber I scrubbed myself red in the face for 15 minutes and the surface was still very grimy.  No thanks.

Excellent clean with minimal effort

from Du Quoin, IL

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

I love trying new things, which is why I am a Bzz Agent.  Bzz agents are given new products to try out, market to friends and family, and write reviews on.  I was sent the scrubbing bubble action scrubber as one of my more recent campaigns.

Although I have a scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner, it does not cover all of the areas that need to be cleaned in my tub/shower.  I use the action scrubber about once a month to get all of the stuff that my automatic cleaner missed.

It is quite easy to use.  There are disposable pads that are connected to a styrofoam handle with velcro.  However, the pads do slip off if you push on the handle too hard. That is the biggest drawback of this product.  Other than that, it just takes a little water to activate the cleaner in the disposable pad, and you're ready to go!  You can clean the tub with little or no effort.  It has a fresh, clean scent that is not overwhelming.

I read another review on this site that said the cleaners could be washed and reused.  i will need to try this myself to see if I can make my product last a little longer.  I am very impressed with It is a definite "must have" when it comes to cleaning supplies.

Action Scubber simplifies my cleaning

from Fort Morgan, CO

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

I love Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber. My sister introduced me to it, I tried and was sold. As some other people have said, the pad doesn't adhere the very best to the handle, but good enough for me. I don't know what the pad is made of, but it cuts through the soap scum on the acrylic walls of my shower like nothing else. And it makes cleaning easy. I feel like I don't have to scrub so hard, so anything that makes cleaning simplier for me is awesome. I think there is plenty of soap in the pad to clean the whole shower and tub. I absolutely love it. Maybe not the cheapest thing out there, but worth the money in my opinion. The only bad part is I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. I would have bought several boxes had I known I wouldn't be able to find it.

Amazing Action Scrubber!

from Mcadoo, PA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

I have been using this Scrubbing bubbles Action Scrubber for about 3 years now and I will continue to use it. This cleans my tub so well, better than any product I've tried before! It is hard work to clean a bathroom, no matter what product you are using. The action scrubber definitely gets the job done right the first time! I like to keep my bathroom extra clean since the baby really enjoys taking baths. The action scrubber is so easy to use. You just stick the pad to the sponge/holder, wet it (i use hot water) and scrub the tub! I use it on the walls, tub, faucet, and sink. It takes off any dried up soap or shampoo and any other marks that happen to be on the tub. My daughter plays with "washable tub crayons" that don't really wash off, and the action scrubber removes them right away with just one swipe. The only con to this product is that the refill pads are a little expensive. I think they could defintely be cheaper or else have more in the pack for the price. There are coupons for them, but usually it's a coupon if you buy 2 or more packages, and I don't have space to keep to much stuff in the bathroom or cleaning closet.

Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber gets the job done!

from Katy, TX

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

Cleaning the bathroom is one of my least favorite household chores, so I'm always looking for products that will make that job easier.  I've had nothing but positive experiences with Scrubbing Bubbles products, and I was excited to give the Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber a shot!

The Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber has a flexible foam handle that fits easily in your hand.  The starter kit comes with four disposable cleaning pads which attach to the bottom of the handle using velcro strips.  The cleaning pads contain a concentrated cleaning solution which is activated when you get them wet.

I was amazed by the power of this little scrubber!  Without a whole lot of work, I was able to get soap scum off my shower and tub walls.  It also did a great job of cleaning off toothpaste and other grime from the bathroom counters.  When you're done, you just peel the pad off and throw it away!  No icky brushes or scrubbers left to deal with!  This has become a new favorite in my house!

There are just a few drawbacks.  First, as the pad becomes wet, it has a tendency to slip off the handle.  It presses back on easily, though.  Also, if you're putting a lot of effort into cleaning, the pad will start to wear at the edges.  This wasn't a big deal for me.

the best for bathtub cleaning

from Metairie, LA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber:

The first time I used this, I was a bit turned off by the viniger smell that comes out the minute you wet the cleaning sheet, but the effect it did on the bathtub and on the ceramic tiles made me use it over and over again, actually I use it every day before I bathe my kids.

It's just like in commercials, but for real, I just wiped the tiles and it took of all the soup scum at once, no scrubbing needed. and then a rinse.

The smell of vineger disappears within minutes of rinsing.

I notice it's also great for chrome bath fixtures, wipe rinse and boom instant shine, no soup risdue at all.

Two things annoy me with this product, I can only find the refill packs in big lots, and the sheet do not stick properly to the velcro on the handle, and I have to reposition it several times while cleaning.

But still I will keep buying it and using it because I couldn't find a better alternative.