Other Bathroom Cleaners:
Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner

Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Gets off the Soap Scum, but, with a little elbow grease, too

I recently purchased **Scrubbing Bubbles AntiBacterial Bathroom Cleane**r again to add it to my vast collection of Bathroom Cleaning Supplies. I usually can rate the cleaning abilities of my supplies pretty easily because the bathtub ring is my "prime testing ground", for the efficacy of these products.

If you use a lot of bath oils, bubble bath products, bath bombs, bathing beads, soap, oatmeal baths, etc. you are bound to encounter the occasional bathtub ring. Your body oils and dirt mix with these bathing items to create a very hard to remove stain, or "ring around your tub", if you let them. If you're like me, you'll hate seeing any kind of ring around your tub.

You'll notice after a luxurious, fragrant oil bath, or  sometimes with a bubble bath, that there will be some residue left behind encircling your tub. Certain products will do this more so than others. And, it may not be immediately apparent to the naked eye. But, in a few hours time, it will appear as a faintly oily, slightly dark ring, and be tenacious in claiming its right to be a "ring around your tub".  Enter Scrubbing Bubbles to the rescue.

**Scrubbing Bubbles AntiBacterial Bathroom Cleaner** comes in a convenient aerosal 22 oz. can. It was always a staple in my mother's household. She thought that it was the best item for cleaning chromes, sinks, wash basins, and bathroom countertops, and the tubs. So, I always thought that it was the only thing for bathrooms.  Scrubbing Bubbles was the "King" of the bathroom in my mom's household. Naturally, I had to have it too.

**MY EXPERIMENT:  ** Scrubbing Bubbles was put to the test in getting rid of one  very tenacious  bathtub ring. This was a combination of oil, soap, and dirt from some bath oil product. I sprayed on Scrubbing Bubbles thoroughly around the pesky ring. I then turned on the bathroom fan, and left the room for the "Scrubbing Bubbles" to do their scrubbing job. I expected those scrubbing foam bubbles to do a lot of the  work for me in removing that soap film, and the dirty, oily ring around that tub. I left it on for about 10 minutes. When I returned I could see the some of the scrubbing foam had effectively penetrated some of that oily, dirt bathtub ring, but, not all of it. So, I wiped it down, and sprayed again. This time, with some elbow grease, I finally got through that ring. It did take a little work, with my help.

Scrubbing Bubbles did a fair job of breaking through that bathtub ring, but, I had to help it along. I have other cleaners that have done a much better job than Scrubbing Bubbles in breaking through bathtub stains and rings. I know, it's heresy, to say that, but, it's true. Still, Scrubbing Bubbles did do a terrific job of making my sinks, faucets, wash basin, and any stainless steel fixure look brilliantly clean and shining.

It's very easy to use Scrubbing Bubbles. It comes out of the can with its foaming action ready to remove soap scum, hard water stains, and dirt.** It also kills 99% of common bacteria** like **Staph Aureus, Kiebsiella Pneumoniae, E. Coli, Enterococcus Faecalis**. And it doesn't scratch surfaces, but, leaves a brilliant shine. In addition, it leaves behind a fresh, clean scent.

Scrubbing Bubbles effectively cleans tubs, showers, shower doors, basins, glazed ceramic tile, tile, sinks, counters, stainles steel, chrome, fiberglas, vinyl and glazed porcelain surfaces, according to the label.

**DIRECTIONS FOR USE**:  Spray 6-8 inches from surface to be cleaned. Allow Foam to penetrate soil. For heavily soiled areas, let stand several minutes before wiping. Remove by wiping with a wet cloth or sponge. No need to wipe dry. On chrome, rinse with water.

To inhibit the growth of mold and mildew, remove gross filth prior or heavy dirt prior to applying this product to protect against mold and mildew. Let stand for one minute. Reapply as needed.

**MY OPINION**:  The main thing that I like about Scrubbing Bubbles is its Antibacterial features which protect against 99% of common household bacteria. In addition, it cleans, shines, and deodorizes, in one easy step.

I found it to be most effective on all surfaces stated, **excep**t very dirty, old bathtub rings. With  bathtub ring removal, you really needed to apply some major elbow grease to get through that tenacious ring, with the added help of scrubbing bubbles. Other than that, this is a very good, one step cleaner to have as a bathroom staple.

Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner - a gimmick!

When my local Sunday newspaper turned up a coupon for Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner, I thought I'd give this product a try. I do like to try new products, especially where cleaning the bathrooms are concerned. I hate cleaning and any product which can make my life easier, is entirely welcome to the party. Sadly, I was really disappointed from the start. The fragrance of the foaming cleaner is not really a fragrance at all, it reminds me of industrial chemicals. Nothing natural. I sprayed the foam on my sinks which were shamefully covered in soap scum and old toothpaste. I left the foam there to "work it's magic", because surely, to use their own words, I shouldn't have to. I came back 15 minutes later to find a slightly shinier sink where there was no scum or toothpaste, and where there was scum, I found a pasty goo of scum and crud. Realizing I couldn't leave the sink in that mess I scrubbed away until the sink was clean. Now, in S C Johnson's defense, they do have another product out called Active Scrub Cream Cleanser which is superb. It smells Citrusy and as the cream is thick and slightly gritty, it does a wonderful job at leaving my ceramic sink sparkling. However, as this is not the product I am reviewing today, I have to give the foaming cleaner 5 out of 10.

Strong scent, but gets the job done

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

If you are looking for something with less chemicals I wouldn't recommend it, but if you are looking for a quick way to clean basic messes, this is the product for you! It makes the gunk slide right off. As someone who hates getting on her hands and knees and scrubbing things (and with a baby and multiple pets I don't usually have time to do so), scrubbing bubbles is right up my ally. Cleaning the bathroom is seriously fast with this. I spray it in the toilet, sink, tub, quickly scrub and flush the toilet, rinse the sink with a cup, spray the tub down with the shower head and viola!

I don't use this for anything much besides soap scum, but it works great! I have a very large deep tub and it is difficult to clean without killing my back or climbing in and getting my feet wet if anyone has bathed recently. With scrubbing bubbles I can easily clean the tub just by spraying it down and rinsing it with the shower head, the tub gets clean in seconds!

This product has a quite a harsh chemical smell, but lightly spraying some air freshener right after use gets rid of it.

Not the best

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

I rarely talk bad about any product, and always used to like Scrubbing Bubbles products, when I had city water. I have well water now and there are tons of iron stains in the bathroom. I thought for sure Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner would get the hard water stains off, but I was deceived! Do not get me wrong, if you have city water, Scrubbing Bubbles is a great brand, but just not with hard water. I do not think it even helped the stains at all! I had to use Snobowl toilet bowl cleaner to really get the hard water stains off of my tub! Not to mention, the scent is almost as bad as bleach! I do believe that at this point, I have completely lost all my faith in the Scrubbing Bubbles brand of cleaners. I do not recommend this product!

While it is good for city water, if you have hard water, I would not recommend this product!

I do not like the scent at all. It seems more harsh than anything.

Not what you expect from Scrubbing Bubbles

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

I'm often disappointed by cleaning products. The stubborn stains on everybody's shower floor, in and around the non-slip stuff that's mandatory in every standing shower, drives me insane. I don't think it's been completely white since I bought the house new. So, whenever I run out of bathroom cleaner, I get a new different one to try to attempt removing those stains.
I had high hopes for Scrubbing Bubbles. I've had great results cleaning the toilet bowl and et cetera with it in the past, and it always makes the bathroom smell really clean. But, every product so far has failed to remove those stubborn stains. Oh, well. I'll try another one. Anyway, it works fairly well as a bathroom cleaner, and I always feel like it's really disinfecting and working really well.

Smells great, really gets the toilet bowl clean.

It really makes the bathroom smell fresh and clean, not as bleach-y as these products usually are. Nothing smells better than a freshly cleaned bathroom.

It Gets the Job Done

from Middleboro, MA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

I have been using Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner for quite a few years now, and all I can say is that it gets the job done.
Here's how easy it is to use. Spray it on your tile or tub or whatever you are cleaning. Let it sit as it foams up. Use a clean cloth or paper towel to scrub a little. Mold and mildew along with any dirt comes off.
I use this in my bathroom, where it is meant to be washed, but I also use it on my stainless steel kitchen sink. Whenever I have to clean some dishes in the sink (dishwasher is too full) or I want to clean some vegetables, I use Scrubbing Bubbles to clean up the sink first. Spray it on, let it foam, clean it up with a paper towel. My sink is so clean and shiny afterwards and I feel safe using it for cleaning vegetables or dishes.
It works well in hard water, and it also cleans up the mineral stains that I get in my tub.
The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because I do not like the smell of this product, but that could just be me; it doesn't seem to bother my husband.
I also like the fact that there are many sales on this product at my local drug store, and I can always find coupons to bring the price down a little more.

There is a mineral stain that my bathroom fixtures get that is very difficult to clean up, and it takes a lot of elbow grease to eliminate it even with the Scrubbing Bubbles.

The scent really bothers me. It smells kind of fishy when I use in on my kitchen sink. Like I said up above, it doesn't bother my husband, but I really don't like it. I will put up with it, however, because of the good job it does.

Scrubbing bubbles don't really scrub.

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

I buy this product on an infrequent basis, I forget that it really doesn't perform as I hope it would. The name always tricks me. I keep hoping it will actually scrub something, but it is only a gentle cleaner that is only effective on just general cleaning, rather than tough cleaning issues. I don;t use it on a regular basis, because I don;t find it as effective as I need it to be. It does however, work well on just simple and easy cleaning tasks. It smells ok, but nothing to really write home about. The spray is foamy, which I do like. It applies to surfaces well and stays there until you're ready to scrub it off. It does seem to work a little stronger if you leave it on the surface for a little while before wiping it off. I only buy this when it goes on sale, and that's only because I keep hoping it will work better than the last time. Overall, it's not a bad product, it just isn't as effective as my needs require.

love the scent and cleans pretty well

from MA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

I have used this product on and off over the years as a bathroom cleaner with pretty good results . It has a really nice clean fragrance with no overpowering chemical or flowery scent - just like a clean lime scent . I have used it clean my bathroom sink, tub and toilet . In a pinch , it will even shine up a linoleum in the bathroom if you want just one cleaner that does it all , this is a pretty good choice .
The price is a little high unless on sale or you have a coupon so it is not something I buy every month but when I have bought it ( many times over the years) , I have always been quite satisfied with its performance .
It is a quality product that cleans and shines - it is not fantastic on deep cleaning a tub that has hard water stains or rust but for the ordinary upkeep of sinks and toilets , it is perfect for getting the job done . A tub and shower doors require something with a little more power like Tilex or something more abrasive with bleach added but this is good for a quick bathroom cleaning and it will make your faucets really sparkle .

Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming bathroom Cleaner

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

This is a pretty good product and I have used it for quite some time. It's not the best I've every used but it works quite well for most bathroom cleaning. I use it for the toilet bowl, the tub, the shower and tile as well as the sink and floor tile. You just spray it on and leave it for some time. I usually let it sit for an hour or so. Then you wipe up and I use a wet rag to get up all of the residue. It does a pretty good job for soap scum and bathtub rings as well as discolored grout and hard water stains. I would like to advise reading the label as the fumes are quite strong and can be very irritating to the skin eyes and throat.

As I stated earlier, it's not the best product I've ever used but it does a pretty good job for being a non commercial cleaner.

I don't know what to say other than it doesn't smell bad until you're in a closed room with it. You can't breathe this stuff and it's very bad for you. Use adequate ventilation and wear gloves and protective goggles when using this or any product like this.

Foaming Bubbles is a pretty good cleaner!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

I like to use this product occasionally. It does a good job with bathroom cleaning jobs. It fights against water marks, soap scum, dirt and germs. I can't say that this is the best bathroom cleaner out there for the job, but it still does pretty well. It does help with mildew. It has a pretty strong scent to it, so you will want to use it with the fan on and with the door open. It's not too bad though. I like that I can spray the foam on and let it sit to give things a deeper clean. I find that I don't have to put as much scrubbing in as I do with other products out there. I would use this bathroom cleaner again. It's a good product and you can usually find it at a pretty decent price.

It does a good job of fighting dirt, bacteria, germs, soap scum and mildew. I like that you can let it sit and then wipe it off. It doesn't involve as much scrubbing as other brands. I think that this works well.

The scent is pretty good. It is a little strong, but as long as your bathroom is well ventilated it should be fine.

Love it!

from Davis, CA

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

Scrubbing Bubbles really seems like it is scrubbing my tub with tiny scrubbers.

I have extremely hard, dirty water that leaves everything it touches with a film of gray. My tub and shower surround gets pretty filmy within a few days of use. But, I'm too busy to clean these surfaces everyday or even every three days. So, this product helps me quite a bit.

It's very easy to use. I just shake the can, spray the foam onto the surfaces I wish to clean, and allow to sit for about 20 minutes. Sometimes I may have to scrub with a brush. But, most of the time, I just have to rinse the product off the surface.

Obviously, this product can't get rid of my toughest hard water buildup. But, it works well on soap scum and chips away at the hard water stains. If I use it weekly, it does break those calcium and lime buildup marks fairly well too. It just may take a bit of scrubbing. I'm very happy with this product and recommend it.

It can be used on those surfaces that are not appropriate for cleanser. This is a major plus.

As sensitive as I am about artificial scents, this one is not a problem. I like the fresh, clean smell.

Great spray cleaner.

Comments about Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner:

Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner works very well for showers and sinks. I've even used it to clean toilets, and it did well with those as well. A light layer of the foam works well unless the area to be cleaned is really dirty. Then it might take a little more, or another application.

The Scrubbing Bubbles foam spray is what makes this such a good product. I spray it on my shower walls and sinks, leave it for a few minutes, and then wipe it off. I don't have to scrub or reapply in order to get things clean. It works well for soap scum and shower buildup. It will also take up toothpaste, makeup, and hairspray residue from sinks and countertops in the bathroom.

The smell of Scrubbing Bubbles is very strong. There's a lemon scent which isn't as strong, but make sure you are in a well-ventilated bathroom. It also helps to make sure you aren't spraying too much, which can make the fumes much stronger than need be.