4.8
Scotch-Brite

4.8

Pros

Cons

The Sponge-Free Scouring Pad!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

When I buy sponges to do dishes by hand I usually get the dual sided sponges that have a rough surface on one side and a soft sponge on the other. The Scotch-Brite Scour Pads do not have a sponge side to them; when I buy these I usually get the largest pack available because I use them to scrub pots and pans as well as for crafts. They are great for putting a texturing on soft wood as well as preparing a surface for painting however on white or light surfaces you could end up with a little bit of the green color transferring so before you use this for crafting make sure you spot test it on a scrap piece.

These are no absorbent so cleaning up messes with them is going to result in an even bigger mess but for scrubbing off baked on food or to remove burn marks for the bottom of pots and pans, these are great to have around. They can easily be cut in to smaller pieces too so you don't have to work with a huge piece when you are scrubbing or buffing out the bottom of a pot or pan. You can get a couple of uses out of them before they start to get soft, when that happens they lose their ability to remove anything from any surface.

One of the downsides to these is that they can harbor scents and smells so if you are removing something liked baked on cheese or burnt cheese chances are you are going to want to throw it out when you are done. You can use these for scrubbing bathroom tile but you are going to want to test it out to make sure that it isn't going to scratch it. I buy the large packs of these about once a month and use them for a lot of different things. One of the most creative uses was to cut them in to strips and use them to clean the fins on the front of the air conditioners. Until I started using these I was using an old toothbrush and it got the job done but there was always a little dust or dirt left on the plastic. Definitely not the case when I use these!

There is no scent.

Pros and cons

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

Scotch-Brite Scour Pads were basically a permanent fixture in my home. As an adult, I have purchased them from time to time but I wouldn't purchase them on any regular basis. Scotch-Brite Scour Pads left me with plenty to dislike and a limited amount of anything to enjoy. There are a few things that find them useful for though. For instance, I think they are very inexpensive and that they work really effectively when combined with Comet or Ajax for cleaning the tub and sink area. They have also come in handy for removing food that is stuck on a plate. What drives me crazy about them is that they can scratch my non stick pans up a bit and also, using them to remove eggs from a pan is a really bad idea. The eggs will come off of the pan but stick to the scouring pad and it makes it nearly impossible to get the eggs off of the pad. They are really good for a few things but if you use them on the wrong thing, it damages the entire pad for good. Even though they are inexpensive to purchase, I don't often recognize them as having enough value and use to actually purchase on a regular basis.

Unscented

Mediocre product

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

Scotch Brite Scour Pads are an okay tool to use, but in my opinion they are just a cheap version of a good sponge with scrubbing pad or a cheap alternative to an SOS pad. They work okay the first time you use them, but after that it seems as if the water deteriorates them. They become floppy and wilted and do little towards scrubbing off any crusted on food or stains on pots and pans. You still have to soak the pots or pans before using this, so it does not save you any time on washing dishes. They are pretty thin as well, so sometimes just to get a good grip you have to fold them in half to double the power just to make something happen. I do not really recommend these unless you do not have anything else to use. Other than the fact that they are cheap, nothing is really going for these. Also, they do not hold or lather soap at all so you still need a dish rag or sponge to wash your dishes completely.

There is no scent to these scrub pads because they do not contain any soap.

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

I really like these scouring pads not only because they works good as well as affordable, they last a long time. There is nothing worse than baked and burnt on food in a casserole baking dish or dried food on a plate. You can't just throw these things into the dishwasher and expect this mess to come out clean. You have to get it off somehow. The best product for this are these Scotch Brite scouring pads. Just rub really good with a little water and dish soap, rinse and the dishes are ready for the dishwasher to clean and sanitize.

They perform very well. Scouring off that baked on food is tough but these make it much easier than it used to be. Plus, you can't use steel wool pads on lot's of cookware like teflons and other coated pots and pans. You won't scratch coated pans with this product.

There is no scent that I can detect so maybe it's very mild or maybe there is no scent to begin with.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

I absolutely love this product. This is another product I have been able to find at all levels of stores. It is a very cost effective cleaning product. This scour pad comes two per box and they are large size pads. If I am only cleaning a small area, I can take a pair of scissors and cut the pad in the size I need and I am able to save the rest of the pad to use later. I have used this pad dry, wet, and wet with an added cleaning product on it. In all cases I have had no complaints with the performance. The pad last for a very long time. As I kept using the scour pad, it did become softer over time, but it never lost its ability to perform. It works great on Teflon coated cookware. The only drawback I have found while using this product is that it will leave small pieces of the pad itself, like fine grains of sand, behind on the surface I am cleaning. The fine particles remove easily with a wet cloth or rinse away under water.

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

I purchased Scotch-Brite Scour Pads just last week so it is apt that I write a little about my findings now.

I bought them because I wanted to clean my cast iron, enamel coated dutch oven which for the last few occasions, has only been cleaned with hot soapy water which just wasn't cutting it. My purchase came in a pack of three and was very inexpensive.

Scotch-Brite Scour Pads are a strange product. It appears to be made out of a course plastic fiber which is cemented together to give strength and durability. I use the word strange because on the one hand, is scours the burnt old scum off your pots, but it doesn't actually scratch off any enamel which considering how much my dutch oven cost me, I was pleased with. I have used the "steel wool" versions of these scouring pads but I don't like these as much because firstly, they disintegrate relatively easily and secondly, I have managed to get small pieces of metal fibres stuck in my fingers tips which was quite painful.

I like that these small pads are bendy so you can manipulate them to fit into small spaces and corners. Sometimes my pots do have to be soaked in hot soapy water over night to loosen the burnt-on food, but usually that's only after a major cook-up over many hours!

Great for housework

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

These scour pads are a wonderful tool for deep housecleaning. I like the sponges with the scour pad side and these are like a giant scour pad that can handle kitchen and bathroom grime while rinsing easily and being ready for reuse. I also use these to clean tire rims, strollers, children's toys and sports equipment. I like how easily they scrape off dirt without damaging the item I'm cleaning. I also like how environmentally friendly they are because I don't use a roll of paper towels.

These are great for scrubbing with water or a cleaner. They rinse well and can be reused without ripping or coming apart. They are dependable because they remove dirt better than a paper towel. I use these to clean the inside of my stove to remove baked on food and drippings. I like to use them in the bathtub also to remove soap scum because it saves me from using a roll of paper towels.

These are great for scrubbing!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

If you have a tough job that a normal kitchen sponge won't tackle then this is something worth looking into. These scour pads are inexpensive to buy and they are handy to have. Although I don't use these all the time, they do work well for those places on dishes that have those stuck on spots. They help with getting marks off of counters and other areas that have tough spots. Overall these are a good product to have at home. They do a good job of getting things clean and help with those places that have marks/spots that are hard to get out . I would use these again. They are worth having under your kitchen sink.

These do a great job of getting things cleaned. They are rough enough to get hard to clean places clean. The texture of the sponge helps you to get in there to scrub off all the dirty spots.

I can't really judge these scour pads on scent because there is no smell to them. They are unscented.

Baked on Messes have no chance

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

So many families have a tighter budget these days, so they (Myself included) have given cheaper products a try. When it comes to scouring pads however, you get what you pay for. So many of the cheapy pads I have purchased trying to save a couple of cents have ended up costing me more. When I am cleaning on a baked pan and using a cheap scrubber, they often shred leaving me with no cleaning tool. These little wonders from Scotch-Brite are heavy duty enough that they won't fall apart even after the job is done. They will cut through your baked on messes, with a little elbow grease of course, and have yet to scratch my glass baking dishes. They are also fantastic for cleaning out my big jam kettles if something scorches. I won't try to save money when it comes to these scrubbers, because you definitely get what you pay for!

They don't scratch your glass pans, and they are strong enough for heavier metal.

No scent to speak of.

Comments about Scotch-Brite Scour Pads:

I keep these scour pads on hand for those hard to clean jobs. I always cut the pads in half so they will last longer. They are big and I found that I don't usually need such a big piece at one time. Cutting them in half saves money too! I use these scour pads on tough food stains in the kitchen and also on hard water stains around the sinks in the bathroom.
You have to use a lot of muscle power to get the job done, but this little green pad will clean and does a great job.
The pads can be used more than once and as long as the things you cleaned weren't too yucky, you can just rinse out the pad, let it dry, and reuse it multiple times.

This scouring pad does a job of cleaning stuck on food messes in the kitchen. I often use the non-abrasive soap pads to clean, but sometimes I need a little more power that these pads provide.

The Scotch Brite scour pad has no scent. But it can get a bad musty smell if it isn't dried out well after using it.