Other General Household Cleaners:
Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge

Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge

Pros

Cons

Makes my dishes brite and clean

Anything that cuts down on the amount of time I spend cleaning is a good thing in my book. I can use one side to wash my dishes and the other to scrub stains and stuck on food. It's not just for the kitchen but I can use it in other rooms in the house to get tough cleaning jobs done. (Remember don't use the same sponge in bathroom and kitchen!).

It's long lasting and inexpensive. The sponge fills up with soap and water to make washing easy and the heavy duty side works hard so I don't have to work quite so hard scrubbing. I also like that it comes in different packs, I have found, one, two and four packs to purchase.

I like that Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge is a double duty heavy duty sponge.

No overwhelming scent to worry about.

scratches dishes, falls apart with use, dries out

This is what we used for several years, until I discovered the no-scratch sponges. They certainly clean and get the cleaning job done, but they also scratch: every stainless pot i tried them on has scratches. you absolutely cannot use the green side on any enameled pot, which means if food is stuck on you're left using the yellow side and a hefty dose of elbow grease. The yellow side works fine, but after you are done washing dishes or the bathroom or whatever, and you squeeze out the water and leave the sponge to dry, you will return to a dry, flat, hard cake, that needs soaking and softening before you can use it again. and of course each time that happens, the sponge loses some of its loftiness/absorbency. the green side wears out easily with bald spots and worse yet comes apart completely as a separate layer if the sponge is used with very hot water. it also holds a lot of dirt and food particles, and thus gets smelly fast.

Scotch Brite Sponge

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

I like using the Scotch-Brite heavy duty sponges for those heavy duty jobs in the kitchen. They work really effectively for scrubbing off tough greasy food stains on my dishes. I like how completely durable they are, I have yet to have one tear or fall apart on me. I am able to use each one for at least three weeks before tossing them out and that is with every day use. They also work well on virtually any surface. Obviously as far as a sponge goes there isn't anything crazy amazing about them but it is nice to have a sponge that isn't crappy and that doesn't get super dried out on me after just a few uses.

They're pretty basically what you would expect from your average sponge. No real complaints or disappointments with them, they are quite durable and both sides work really well, the green side especially when it comes to having to scrub out tough stains and hard grease spots.

I'm a horrible cook

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

You might wonder why my title is about cooking when the heavy duty scrub brush is for cleaning. Well, if you have ever been around while I'm cooking, you'd totally understand. I don't know how it happens but stuff ends up splattering everywhere. I love to use this sponge to clean the top of my stove where inevitably something gets burnt on well enough that it might as well be part of the enamel. I have no idea how I do it, I guess it's just talent. I love to use this sponge to help me clean up because it has the two sides, able to handle almost anything you take it to. You can use the sponge to clean the counter tops but if the kid has dropped some orange juice there and it's had a chance to get all attached to the counter, this sponge to the rescue. A few scrubs will loosen it up and then you just flip the sponge over and wipe the remains away. This is also my go-to sponge for cleaning in the bathroom. It's great at taking soap scum off of the tub as well as those little spots on the toilet that you just don't really want to know the composition of.
I highly recommend this product.

Do a great job

from Greer, SC

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

Scotch Bright Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge is a great sponge. It does an excellent job of getting baked on food and grime off a pans and plates. These sponges are cheap and come in multipacks which are even better! The sponge part is great for washing dish and wiping down counter tops, kitchen tables, and other surfaces. The scrubbing top part is awesome for those tough jobs that require a little more elbow grease. It cuts through the grime with easy making it so you can use less time to do your dishes and more time to enjoy the fun aspects of life. Our family has seen great success with using these sponges. We east primarily at home and have two little kiddos that eat at home all day so we have a lot of dishes. We have a small dishwasher so not all the dishes will fit plus we have some dishes that are handwash only. These sponges are awesome because they're cheap and work great. Our family recommends them.

Great for bathroom cleaning!

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

I use this for cleaning the bathroom. I really give the bathtub and toilet a strong scrub so I wanted to find a sponge that will last. A lot of the sponges disintegrate if you put too much pressure on them, but this one has lasted a long period with me. I would definitely recommend this for hard scrubs and stains that are really difficult to remove. This is a good sponge for bathrooms and kitchen as well as for basement and garage cleanings.

This is the strongest sponge I have ever used. I usually use it for the bathroom but it will work well for other hard jobs as well.

This sponge does not have any artificial scent included. It will not smell of anything but the soap that you use with it. Once you are done with your cleaning, make sure you clean the sponge as well, so that the sponge does not start smelling bad. The sponge is not difficult to clean because the dirt comes off relatively easily.

Great for scrubbing tough dishes

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

Sometimes you just need a good sponge with a heavy duty scrubber to get rid of stains and stuck on foods. I like using Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponges. They are a good value for their price. One side is a sponge, which lathers very well, in the case of washing dishes with dish soap. This side of the sponge is great for all purpose cleaning. The other side is a heavy duty scouring pad. It generally works well for getting rid of stuck on food and other stains. It doesn't scratch pans, either. Its not the best scouring pad on the market, but it does the job. Sometimes I find I need to use a lot of strength or leverage to get the worst stuck on foods to come off. A big disadvantage is that food easily gets stuck in the scrub pad, and it isn't easy to get it out, even after soaking dishes, so I find that I get a new sponge quite frequently. Overall, Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponges are great for general cleaning and dishwashing.

No scent

Love these

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

If there is one thing I cannot go without in my kitchen, it is these. I may have a dishwasher now, but these will always be used in my kitchen. I like to clean my pots, and pans by hand, which these are perfect to use for that. They last quite a while in my kitchen since I only use them on my pots, and pans, so a two pack goes a long way. They always do a great job at getting everything clean, and they do not fall apart during use, which is why to me, these are the best there is. Another plus with these is, after you have used them and they dry, they do not get that moldy water smell in them. My only complaint about these, is that depending on what you cooked in the pan your cleaning, some food particles can get stuck in the green scratch pad part of the sponge. All in all, this is a great, simple product that no kitchen should go without.

Works great on all dishes, but I use it more for pots, and pans.

It does a great job of not getting that mold smell from continuous use.

Awesome sponges that cleans tough stains

from north augusta sc

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

These sponges are amazing and versatile to use. I use the green side to scrub away tough food stains on dishes but I also use it to clean off dirty counter tops in the kitchen. I use dish detergent soup on the sponges to help clean, but I also use water which works just as well. I use the yellow side of the sponge to wipe away the remaining debris that the green side cleaned off. The combination is simple, but it works really well! The sponges are incredibly cost effective too. They come as single sponges or value packs with three each. I always buy the value packs to save a little more money. The sponges usually last a long time. However, I noticed that the sponges turn a dark brown color when I clean dirty caked on stains on dishes. I usually discard the sponges when this happens, because I do not want to clean my dishes with a dirty sponge. That is the only reason why I gave this a score of eight, otherwise I would give it a perfect ten.

No scent

Heavy Duty Cleaning

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

These Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponges are a staple around my house. They have an absorbent yellow sponge on one side and a green Scotch-Brite scrubbing layer on the other side for heavy duty scrubbing.

I use these at my kitchen sink to wash dishes. They are great for not only pots and pans with the scrub side but also every day dishware with the sponge side. Really tackles those baked on messes on bake ware. I soak mine in vinegar in between uses to keep them clean and smelling fresh. They are great for stainless steel sinks and even cleaning around the bathroom and I keep one on my large utility sink for scrubbing those barbecue utensils and grill racks. They work well on stove tops without damaging the finish also.

I try to wait till the manufacturer puts out coupons usually around spring cleaning time and find a good sale and stock up.

A reliable heavy duty scrubbing product made by a long time reputable company. This product does exactly what it is advertised to do.

There is no scent.

Excellent scrubber

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

The Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge really do live up to its name. I have been using these sponges for several years now and never had a problem with them. I use these sponges to clean my Foreman Grill, table tops, dishes, bathtub, and any other surface which gives me trouble. When I use this sponge to do my dishes the only complaint I have is that it doesn't maintain soap for a long period of time when scrubbing. Soap usually last about 20 seconds before I have to reapply more soap to the sponge. This sponge really excels at cleaning counter tops. This sponge really cleans away any type of spill or grease left behind with a single swipe. The only downside to this product is that it might scratch up a delicate object because of its rough texture if you use too much pressure. I definitely would recommend The Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge because it does exactly what it's supposed to do on a multitude of objects.

Awesome Heavy Duty Sponge

Comments about Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge:

Whilst other dish sponges fall apart in a matter of days, this Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge is a high quality sponge that lasts for weeks from what I have experienced with washing my dishes, did not fall apart as fast as other did and resulted with quality cleaning with every use. Buying this Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge saved me money and time and you can pick it up from any store. It’s a sturdy sponge and can be used for other areas like cleaning the stove or the bathroom as it does remove those tough stains with its durable rough green scrubbing side. It can be used for all cleaning purposes; it is not limited for just the kitchen area of the house. It is not priced as cheaply as the low quality Heavy Duty Scrub Sponges but it is worth paying the extra amount since it does an excellent job of making washing the dishes so much easier and faster, no more scrubbing profusely and still not getting the job done. I guarantee that the Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge will always do its cleaning purpose.

Doesn't have a scent.