3.6
Scotch-Brite Dishwand

Scotch-Brite Dishwand

3.6

The Easier Way To Clean The Inside of Tumblers

After trying other dishwands to clean the inside of glasses and tumblers I decided to give the Scotch-Brite wand a try. One of the biggest issues with wands is that the soap can leak out through the sponge and cause a huge mess. That's partly the design of the wand as well as the dish soap that you are using. If you are using a basic liquid dish soap you stand more of a chance of it leaking out of the sponge than if you use a thicker or concentrated soap.

Like almost all other dishwands, you remove the back cap, squeeze in the soap and replace the cap prior to using it. You can press the blue button a few times to release extra soap but in most cases you won't have to do that. The scrubber pad is great for cleaning pots and pans but because the surface area is smaller than that of a regular sponge its going to take longer to get the job done so you might need to use a regular dual sided sponge for those types of cleaning jobs.

The plastic used for the barrel is of average thickness and because you can purchase replacement sponge heads this is seen as being something that is eco-friendly but you need to shop around to get the best price on the replacement heads. I am not brand loyal when it comes to dishwands; I will buy whatever is on sale when I need to replace the actual wand. I try to keep on of these in the kitchen at all times because it works wonders to clean the inside of tall glasses and tumblers.

Scotch-Brite wave your Wand and fix this

This is truly a case of attempting to fix something that wasn't broken. I had a no-name dishwand for years. If you aren't old enough to remember these were popular perhaps 20 years ago and then I couldn't find them. Several years ago I found a no name and loved it. Eventually it got a bit yellow, I threw it away and bought the Scotch Brite Dishwand.

It is made by the 3M company and measures about 2 1/2 inches by 11 inches.

In theory Scotch Brite Dishwand is wonderful. It is THE way to wash dishes without ruining my manicure. It comes with a green and yellow scrubber (others can be bought separately), which I have no problem with and can be changed easily. The problem is this new "soap dispensing pump."

When I first got Scotch Brite Dishwand home I filled it up and took out the white rubber button. I had no idea what it could be for until I read the directions. I was told that I would be able to control the flow of soap by pushing the button. I was concerned because when I got the button back into the hole I saw soap come out so I thought maybe it would leak.

Leaking wouldn't be too much of a problem if I could get out the soap. I can't. My no name just involved gently pressing down on the sponge and out came soap. My husband is able to use it. He said the trick is to hold it so the sponge is facing down but

1. I still can't get the soap out.

2. I like to wash things in all different directions.

I have never had anything get scratched although there is a warning that it could happen.

The Easier Way To Clean The Inside of Tumblers

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

I expected a lot more from Scotch-Brite.

from Kansas

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

I am always looking for ways to be lazier...I mean to make cleaning more convenient. I hate cleaning. I hate it with a passion. I saw the Scotch-Brite Dishwand a few years back and thought it would be a convenient way to wash my dishes. It was actually an inconvenience. Just putting a little bit of dish soap in my sink and running the water then using a sponge is much more simple.

You basically just fill the hollowed out handle part with dish soap and then push a button that lets the soap out on the sponge. Firstly, you can tell just how cheaply made this dishwand is when you pick it up. It's flimsy and extremely light, the heaviest part is the SPONGE.

The soap doesn't come out very well. When you are trying to wash something the sponge part just wobbles around. I'm also confused about why they have the dual layer sponge on there, one of those with a sponge side then scrubber side. You can only use the scrubber side...so why in the world would they even include the other part when you can't use it. The sponge wore out very quickly, long before the dish soap in the handle was gone. The refill heads for it are overpriced.

I do not recommend this product. It's flimsy, the soap doesn't come out properly and the sponge head of the wand wears out after just a few uses. It's not convenient to use at all.

I've been using this for awhile and love it!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

I have been using this wand for years and love it. It's easy to fill up, the soap come out well and it scrubs dishes good. The only complaint that I would have is that it sometimes leaks, but nothing major. The pads in this product are easy to replace and easy to find at main grocery stores/other stores. I use the dish wand daily and it helps me out a lot I the kitchen!

Does the job but wastes dish soap.

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

I bought the scotch-brite dishwand because it was cheaper than the Dawn brand of the same item. I now know why it is cheaper. It leaks dish soap out of the wand and releases too much soap into the sponge. It cleans my dishes well but now I'm going through more dish soap than with the more expensive brand. I will be switching back as it is a pain to have to wipe dish soap off of my counter where the wand leaks in between uses.

LOVE my Scotch-Brite DIshwand

from Reading, PA

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

I don't know what I would do without my Scotch-Brite dishwand! I use it daily on just about every dish in my sink! And it works absolutely wonderful!

The design of the dishwand makes it very easy to use! It is very simple to replace scrubber pads on the head of the wand. It is also very simple to refill with dish soap as needed.

The replaceable scrubber pads last quite some time - even when used heavily for extremely dirty pots and pans. I can usually get at least about 2 months out of each scrubber pad. The pads are very durable!

My only complaint would be about the new purple scrubber pad wands. I don't think they clean as well as the green scrubber pads and I would MUCH prefer the green ones!

These wands make cleaning up your dishes quick and easy! If you just have a few dishes, no sense in filling up your sink - just clean them with this dishwasher wand and then rinse and you're done!

I would highly recommend the Scotch-Brite dishwasher wands!

Scotch-Brite Dishwand: A Handy Dishwashing Tool

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

After trying many sponges and scrubbies at the kitchen sink for years, I came upon the Scotch-Brite Dishwand and haven't gone back to any others.

The end of the Scotch-Brite wand unscrews so that can add dish soap, which comes out through the sponge when scrubbing. The button on ours fell off so I haven't used that feature in a while but it still works well. I love that you can buy replacement sponges without buying the whole wand. It makes it very affordable.

We use this dishwand to prepare dishes to go in the dishwasher. We give our dishes a pretty thorough scrubbing before loading them to avoid finding food stuck on clean dishes. This dishwand makes that task so much easier. My favorite thing about it is that I can scrub dishes with a sponge without having to hold the sponge. Kitchen sponges just gross me out, even though I replace them often. The wand also gives you a lot of control and makes it easy to apply a lot of pressure when scrubbing if need be. However, I have found that this sponge is so good that it doesn't take much effort to remove the food from the dishes.

Best dishwashing utensil on the market

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

I love this dish washing tool! I hate doing dishes, but this thing makes it so easy because it constantly dispenses soap, plus you never have to touch the sponge/scrubby. When it gets grody, you just replace it! This is ten times better than a sponge or dish rag!

Scotch brite dishwand is quite convenient

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

This is a simple but marvelous piece of invention that has changed the way that people will clean their dishes. I have had a big problem cleaning utensils that keep piling one basically because i totally hate touching that wet green gooey piece of material. When my old roommate bought in this contraption i laughed it off thinking it was just gimmick, But was quite happy when it actually worked! Those crazy piles of dishes magically disappeared. The only problem i face with these things is that the cleaning pad wears off pretty fast and buying replacement is pricey. Also alot of times the soap start to leak out and messes up the the sink. Apart from that this dish wand is awesome, makes you want to clean up dishes without feeling all icky.

Scotch Brite Dishwand is great when you don't want dirty hands

from Pierpont, SD

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

I received a Scotch Brite Dishwand as a Christmas present one year from a coworker at my job. I immediately fell in love with it and had to buy all of my loved ones dishwands. They really are a neat invention.

On the flipside, however, the sponges do wear out quite fast and the inside always seems to get slimy and goopy with watery fluids. You can buy replacement sponges for the wands, however. You can't clean everything with them either. For example, caked on pans often will damage the sponge part and tear it. But I love them when I am cleaning plates or bowls. I also like to clean the bottom of the sink with them.

After buying replacement sponges, I often just get a new dishwand too. Like I said, for some reason the interior does fill with that watery, soapy, scummy liquid. Replacing the sponge is difficult too, it always seems to be quite difficult to remove the last one.

In any event, I do recommend having at least one of the wands. My husband likes it too.

Scotch brite dishwand does its job well

from Studio City, CA

Comments about Scotch-Brite Dishwand:

Living in an apartment with roommates is always alot of fun, till the time comes to clean the dishes as everyone seems to shirk that duty. So by the end of the week you have a nasty pile of dishes staring at you each time you enter the kitchen. One of  the main reason is that nobody really wants to touch that green scrubber, its gooey, wet and smells weird.  One of my roommates came in with one of the scrubs planted on a stick, we filled it up with some dishwashing soap and it looked very durable. Once we used it on the pile of dishes we realized that washing dishes was not really that bad and we should do it more often. This dishwand prevent you from physically touching the green gooey scrub while at the same time cleans up the dishes as well or maybe even better. since you do get a good grip on that wand you can really scrub the dirt away without physically coming into contact with it. So now whenever we walk into the kitchen that ugly pile of dishes is no where to be seen, so people do prefer the older scrubber, but to us, this has been a dish cleaning miracle.