Other Cycling & Biking Equipment:
Schwinn
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle

Summary

The Schwinn® AD6 is an upright fan bike using Airdyne™ technology. Its unique system comfortably connects feet and arm movements through linked pedals and handlebars. The console is designed to show key data all at once, and it has a unique RevMeter™ RPM gauge that’s perfect for interval training.

Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle

This was my answer to riding a bike

from Texas

Comments about Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle:

Riding a bike is great exercise but I don't enjoy being out in the weather, concern that a car will run over me and so I decided to buy a exercise type of bike. One which I could park in the family room, use it in any kind of weather and best yet, not worry about what's about ready to run over me. I had no idea of what constituted a quality machine and based my decision solely on the manufacturer being Schwinn. Its a high quality machine and I actually use it. It is study, doesn't wobble around has a large LCD display showing performance. The seat is adjustable and very comfortable. I am not the serious fitness guru but this machine is quiet and I enjoy watching TV while peddling away. And if you really want to do a work out you can do the upper body or lower body simultaneously or independent and it comes with leveler to give stability. It is heavy and I had to have help to get it in the house. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't really difficult to put together. The pieces are well marked and easy to identify what goes where.

Infinite resistance!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle:

The Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle is the best exercise bike I have ever owned. The first thing that I fell in love with on this bike is the seat. The seat is spacious but not bulky and most importantly it doesn't compress too much when I sit on it for extended periods. I have racked up many hours on this seat and it still feels just as comfortable as day one. The pedals are flat and provide very little cushioning, which is my preference. I did have to remove the strap off the pedal because it felt too confined and rubbed my laces, which caused them to fray. This bike has a smooth and quiet pedal rotation. The fan doesn't keep up too much noise unless I increase my speed, but wind is noticeable at any speed. The best thing about this cycle is that the resistance is determined by how fast or slow I pedal. I have yet to reach a level of resistance that didn't challenge me physically, but stability becomes an issue at high levels. There is slight rocking when I start to pedal intensely, but I never worry about tipping over. I would definitely recommend the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle because it provides an intense cardio workout for any level of fitness and it doesn't take up much space.

Full Body Fun

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle:

I have been a huge fan of Schwinn bicycles since I was a kid. That's the only brand of bike that I have ever purchased. For the purpose of getting a full body workout, the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle is fantastic. However, if you're looking for an indoor cycling bike that is used for climbing hills and cycling in the arrow, or hovering pose, then this is not the cycle for you.
One of the major drawbacks to cycling for a cardiovascular workout is that I can't really get my upper body involved. I feel like my heart rate doesn't get quite as high as I'd like on most bicycles. Schwinn has finally solved my problem! This bike engages my entire body and also forces me to utilize my core muscles as well.
The pedals ride smoothly, and the bike feels totally stable and steady. The buttons are easy to push with programs that take out all of the guesswork. The seat can be adjusted to accommodate various heights and arms lengths.

Great Machine, Still has drawbacks

from Jamaica, NY

Comments about Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle:

The Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle provides a great workout, but has some serious drawbacks. Firstly, the machine is costly, more than I wanted to spend on exercise equipment. Secondly, it was very difficult to put together and the instructions were very poorly written. Thirdly, the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle is very noisy, so it makes it rather tough to watch television while I'm working out on it. Fourthly, it's a big and bulky machine, which makes it difficult to move anywhere. I'm stuck with it in one place, and it's a big hassle to move it around, or put it away. Fifthly, it sometimes feels unsteady if I go too fast and feels like it's about to tip over.
However, I do get a fantastic workout from the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle! I do love the handlebars, they help me get in an upper body workout as well as just the lower body from the cycling. I do think it's a great investment, while keeping the drawbacks of the machine in mind.

Bulky but effective piece of exercise equipment

from north augusta sc

Comments about Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Cycle:

I have mixed feelings about the Schwinn Airdyne exercise bicycle. I love riding a bicycle outside and I like to use this exercise bicycle when the weather is bad outside. The bicycle is incredibly effective at burning calories and giving me a decent workout. It also gives my upper body a great work out too that is not utilized when riding my mountain bike outside. Here are some negative points about this product. It took me a long time to assemble this bicycle. I thought the instructions were poorly written. The bicycle was extremely noisy when I was using it to work out. I did not want to use it when people in the house were sleeping. The noise factor limits the usefulness in my house. Another issue that I have with this bicycle is the bulkiness of it. I can't move or store this exercise machine in many places. It would have been nice if it was a little bit smaller. However, I still get a good work out on this machine and that is what matters.