Other Elliptical Machines:

Cons

Poor quality machine.

from Kansas

Comments about Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer:

I had the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer for a brief period of time. I was lucky and the store that I bought it from agreed to take it back and return my money. Do NOT waste your money on this horrible elliptical machine. For starters, putting the machine together took HOURS. The instructions were awful. I called a friend and he ended up having to help me put it together. The machine seemed fine for the first few days. Then one of the handles kept coming loose. Following that, more screws kept coming off the machine. I would find random screws just laying on the floor. I did NOT feel safe using the machine so I ended up returning it. The guy at the store told me he had similar complaints. [Too bad he failed to mention that when I first purchased it!]

This was your average elliptical machine and performed fine when it was not broken.

The machine is not fancy, so it was easy to use and you did not have to press a bunch of buttons.

This machine was not durable at all. The first week I had it one of the handles kept coming loose. It seems like parts of it just kept coming unscrewed but I KNOW the parts were on correctly. I really felt like the machine would just come crashing down at any time!

Poor quality design.

• Comfort:

This machine is cheap and does not last!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer:

This was the first elliptical machine I purchased and tried to use. It was inexpensive and that should have made me think twice about buying it. However, I thought that Schwinn was a good company and would also make good exercise equipment. After purchasing this product, it was up to me to put it all together, which I did. It took a little while and was sort of confusing, but my husband helped. We checked and rechecked to make sure it was right. The first time I used it, it was not so bad. It seemed to work okay and even though it put some stress on my knees, I thought I liked it. Unfortunately, after six weeks, I hated it. One morning, while using this machine, one of the bolts popped loose and the whole machine basically shut down. I could not figure out where the bolt came out or why it had come loose. I called the place where I purchased the elliptical and I was told that it was over thirty days and no one could help me. So, only after a little over a month, I was stuck with a useless exercise machine. This is not a machine I would recommend buying. There are plenty more out on the the market that work better, are better for your body, and will actually work past two months.

pretty good elliptical

from Augusta, ME

Comments about Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer:

i had wanted to get an elliptical for some time, as i heard it is better on the knees then a treadmill. we weighed our options, and found a good deal on this schwinn elliptical (it good decent reviews online). setting up took about 5 hours (i did it myself, maybe with help it wouldve ben faster). the thing i dont like about it is that it is SO long that while the machine part isnt too big, the base makes it so awkward to put it in a small area. so it kind of makes people bump into it a lot as a result. the elliptical itself works good, im not sure its good for hardcore exercisers, but for everyday moderate people like me (i like to watch a show while on it, hey some movement is better then none!) it works good. also, the console uses batteried which is annoying but it has an ac adapter too. i actually had a spare adapter that fit (yay me!) so i didnt need to go out to get batteries. if youre in the market for a beginner, moderate use elliptical, id recommend this.

Great Eliptical

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer:

I have a fused ankle and when I first went to the gym I didnt think I could use one of these. After a while I tried it and loved it but was forced to stop going to the gym. So I started the search for my own for my house. I was finding that alot of the Elipticals (in my price range) I tried seemed so cheap and flimsy compared to the ones at the gym.

I found this one one which looked good and was in my price range. It was easy to put together and was able to do it by myself. I read someone review about how it started falling apart after using it but I think that is probably from not putting it together good enough not because the product is bad. I was suprised how sturdy, smooth and quiet it is. The programs are great and it tells you aproximately how many calories you burm of by entering you weight. I have tried other elipticals when staying at hotels and I think at most places mine is sturdier. I dont think you can find a better one for the price. Just make sure you tighten everything really good.

still works great and hve gotten in much better shape with it.

Comfort
very comfortable to use s long as you wear shoes.

so easy to use, just get on and start working out. Grandson use it alot and it is easy for them

wth all the use it gets it is still like brand new

doesn't take up alot of room and looks nice

I love this machine!

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer:

I bought this eliptical machine at week ago and I love it.  It fits into a small space in my living room and is very quiet so I can watch tv or talk on the phone while using it.  I would recommend this machine to anyone who might have bad knees and needs more exercise!