3.2

2016 schults potting mix moisture

from nebraska

About Me Avid Gardener

Comments about Schultz (20125) All Purpose Potting Soil Plus:

i almost always buy schults potting mix 2 c sqft, and love it ,but this year 2016 i bought about 4-5 bags when i put it in there were big pieces of wood mulch like stuff,i wasnt sure if thta was a plus or not,but here i am after paying out hundreds for the mix and the plants and the plants are not growing like im used to. they are really growing very slow if at all. im so disappointed this yr in the product

Time-Released Fertilizer is Always a Plus

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Schultz (20125) All Purpose Potting Soil Plus:

Recently, my hubby and I spent a sweltering hour in an outdoor garden center looking for assorted flowers for our summer containers, and strawberry plants to put in my new Topsy Turvy planter.  Normally, I use Miracle-Gro potting mix because I think the lightweight mixture is perfect for container planting.  This time, however, there was no Miracle-Gro in sight, so we grabbed a bag of **Shultz All Purpose Potting Soil Plus** from a nearby display.

I had never used Shultz before, but I was glad to see that it included a time-released fertilizer in the mix.  Since I fully admit to being a lazy gardener, the fewer steps it takes me to get good results, the better I like it.

When the time came to fill my Topsy-Turvy planters, I opened the bag of Shultz Potting Mix and discovered a rich, dark mixture of soil.  The bag is designed with a ziploc-style closure to make it easier to use and store leftover soil.

As I began to fill my planters, I could quickly tell that they were becoming very heavy.  In my opinion, Miracle-Gro potting soil seems to be a little more lightweight than Shultz.  I would have appreciated a little higher percentage of lightweight perlite added to the mix.  Still, it's not a deal-breaker.  I'm just glad I don't have to add a separate fertilizer.

Overall, my flowers, peppers, and strawberry plants are all thriving in their planters filled with **Shultz All Purpose Potting Soil Plus.**  It seems to work equally well for both flowers and vegetables.

Schultz all purpose soil plus is a great medium at a good price

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Schultz (20125) All Purpose Potting Soil Plus:

As a very budget conscious novice gardener, I look for the highest quality at the lowest price that I can find.  Schultz All Purpose Soil Plus is the best value for the price in my opinion.  The soil texture is wonderful, the color is rich and the aroma is very pleasant.  The flowers, plants, vegetables and fruits I have grown in this soil have all done extremely well, with good growth rates and wonderful tasting foods.  I have expanded from container gardening to yard gardening as well, and using this soil outside has worked just as well as using it indoors.  When looking for the right product, I tried several other brands and types of soils.  I looked for the qualities I wanted as well as trying to remain within my budget.  There are many options if price has no limits, but there are not many that meet all my criteria at my budget level.  I also did not want to buy the cheapest thing out there just to save money, because that would have defeated the purpose and wasted my time with much less success in the outcome. Some people around the country say it is hard to find, but I have not had this issue.  I did stock up in case that happens though!   I recommend this product for quality and price!

This potting soil was infested with gnat larvae! keep away!

from Fall River, MA

Comments about Schultz (20125) All Purpose Potting Soil Plus:

This product was purchase for a premium price from Stop N Shop. While there were no gnats present in the mix, the larvae hatched only after I transplanted my best cuttings. This was verified after I put several cuttings in a clear container, with an airtight lid. After a couple of days, I counted 12-14 emerged hatched gnats. The hardest part... Biting the little bastards heads off without getting their tiny little bodies stuck between your teeth.

This make your plants happy

from Spring Valley, IL

Comments about Schultz (20125) All Purpose Potting Soil Plus:

I use this product all the time.  My plants love it.  It is as good as the more expensive brands.  I usually buy it in the largest bag size I can get.  I use it for all my potting needs, indoor and out.  Plants seem to immediately do better when I change their current soil out for the Schultz.  I would recommend this to anyone with a green thumb or a newbie gardener.  You can go wrong using this product.