4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

This 5 blade razor gives 5 star shaves

On vacation and I forgot my razor. My mom hands me a brand new **Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor **still in the package (thank goodness for welcome packets at the resort). I was a little scared at the thought of 5 blades, even though in the past I had joked about it.

What did I like about **Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor? **

- no need for shaving cream (gasp in horror but read the whole review first)

- smooth, clean shave

- no nicks, scrapes

- no sensitive skin problems after using a blade with the comfort strip

- nice firm handle with cushions and grip

What didn't I like about the **Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor? **

I can see how some may have thought the shave was a little "slimy" but for me it was a welcome change to shave my legs without all the extra work of cream. Most importantly I got a fast, clean, close shave that lasted far longer than other shaves with other razors. I liked that when I used the **Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor **that's all I had to use whether it was for my legs or underarms. Replacement blades are sort of expensive but since I like it so much I'll be on the lookout for those coupons now.

NOT impressed

Wow. I got this at a great deal but I was really not impressed with this supposed super razor. I think there was a lot of hype around this razor by the company especially because of its competitor putting out a similar product around the same time. The handle is oddly heavy, which is fine. Maybe it makes guys feel more manly. Personally I think handles that are too light can be dangerous. I didn't really notice much of a difference with the number of blades. I don't know if it makes a difference. I notice they sell 3 and 5 for the same price which is odd and interesting and seems to say - hey, its the same thing, it doesn't really mean anything! So I went to use it and WOW was it DULL! Well it should not have been so I tried it another couple of times and then I had another cartidge so I tried that one and same thing! WOW! BAD! I did not enjoy this! Gave me BAD razor burn. IT did not feel good AS I was shaving! PRoabably one of the worst feeling razors AS I was using it ever. PLUS they charge much more for it than others. The moisture strip or whatever on it got all spongey too and started oozing out, defect!

I think I'm a Convert to Schick from LONG time Gillette!

from Henrico, VA

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

I'm 60 years old. When I was in college WAY back in the 1970's Gillette gave us free "college kits" which included a Trak 2 razor, shaving cream and some other goodies. Since then it seems Gillette has always sent me a free razor when they've come out with a new one. And I've been a Gillette fan for all these years because I've been happy with their product. The only time I ever tried a Schick was when they sent me their first entry into the 4 blade market. I hated the razor and went back to the Gillette Mach 3 which I was using at the time.

Through a site called BzzAgent I was able to try the new Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive Razor. This is definitely a keeper!! They sent me two blades and after about 8 shaves I'm still on the first blade! It's even better than the Gillette Pro Fusion Glide that I've been using.

I usually can't shave two days in a row because my skin gets irritated and I don't get a close shave. This razor has five blades and there is what they call a flip up trimmer which gives access for all blades to tight spots...like right under the nose. I did find it awkward to figure out how to open it, though. I think that design could use a little work.

Both the Gillette and Schick have strips which are supposed to help make the shave smoother and cause less pull. The Schick calls theirs a "Hydrating Gel Reservoir" which has aloe and Vitamin E. I'm surprised it has lasted for 8 shaves. I can tell when these strips no longer work because the razor no longer glides as smoothly on the skin.

So, after 8 shaves on the one blade I can report that there are no cuts, no nicks, no errors! The shaves are still smooth and still close.

Gillette has some catching up to do!

Smooth Hydrated Shave for Sensitive Skin

from Sulligent, AL

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

The Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive Razor has a Hydrating Gel Reservoir with has aloe and Vitamin E, that provides hydration while you are shaving and keeps your skin from getting irritation from the razor blades, to give you a smooth shave. The shape of the handle gives you complete control that feels good and makes each stroke effortless. Also the flip trimmer will let you get that perfect trim for detailing. Over-all, the Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive Razor will get the job done and leave your face smooth. I would recommend it to anyone who has problems with skin irritation while shaving. I received this razor from BzzAgent, free but my review is from my own experience using it and was not influenced by the free sample of the Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive Razor. #BzzAgent #GotItFree

Just an OK Shave

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

I have been looking for a good razor that provide a close, smooth shave and yet not be so harsh on my sensitive skin. I shopped around quite a bit and was excited when I came across the Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor. While the razor isn't rough on my sensitive skin and it has guards and a moisturizing strip, I found that the razor lacked in actually providing that close shave I really wanted without the hassle. The skin guards get in the way of a close shave and you really have to put effort in getting around the curves of the chin and neck area.

While I thought the Schick was pretty good, I have found other razors that do a better job without as much hassle.

AMAZING!!!

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

I love this razor! I have Eczema on my Legs and are very sensitive and i have to be careful about what razor I use to shave with. If I use the wrong one my legs, they will itch extreamly and burn.. With this razor I had no problem what so ever. The hydo strip is absolutely amazing and made my legs silky smooth. Because it has 5 blades it gets a good close shave which my husband loves as well.

Incredible

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

I've been shaving my legs for several years and it seems I always manage to get razor burn. Even with the use of shaving creams, being gentle, only going over an area once, etc. I still get those nasty red bumps all over my legs...until I found Schick Hydro. This razor is amazing. I've been using it for a couple of years now and I will never buy a different razor again. The handle fits comfortably in my hand and the five blades really make for a smooth, close shave. I have never gotten razor burn with this razor!! If I'm in a hurry, I can even get away with not using shaving cream because of the two moisture strips on the top and bottom of the blades. They activate when they get wet and they just make the razor glide effortlessly on my skin! and I'm super soft and smooth when I'm done. I love love love this razor and would recommend it for ANYONE, especially those with sensitive skin like mine.

Shick Hydro is All Hype

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

I don't hate Shick Hydro Five Blade Razor, but I perfer my three bladed Gilette Venus Razor. The Gilette Venus gildes around my bony knees much better than the Shick Hydro . I always wanted to try a five bladed razor wondering if those two extra blades make a noticable difference. Not at all. I get the same if not better results with three blades.
Shick makes a big stink about their magical serum on the top of the blades claiming that you will legs will feel shockingly smooth and silky. Um.... nope on that one too. The "serum" did not make a difference at all. I noticed nothing and in abundance.
Over all, it is not a bad razor. I did not cut myself badly with it like I did with that horrible Bic Soleil. That razor gave me a nasty cut on my ankle that bled so bad I got blood on the carpet. Now, that razor is junk. Would I recommend you try this razor? I suppose I would.
Like I said Shick Hydro is not a bad razor, just don't get your hopes up about the built in serum.

Well worth the money!!!

from Missouri Valley, IA

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

I love this razor from the day I got it till the day I had to throw it out, 2 months later. It never stoped working well. I did not have to use any soap or shave gel for the first 7 weeks. I NEVER got a nick or scrap!

Great Schick

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

This is the best razor I have used. I have used all of the Gillette's brand razors and I was very surprised on how this one performs. This is my first time using schick products and I am very amazed. I will stick with schick. The blades are smoother and runs softer. Of course the replaceable blades are a little expensive but no complaints.

Wonderful

from Fountain City, WI

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

This razor stays sharp for longer than most other razors. It gives a nice close shave. I did not get any razor burn until the razor got dull, after the fourth shave. I really like the 5 blades & moisture strip, it left my legs feeling moisturized and smooth.

best razor ever

from East Peoria, IL

Comments about Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor:

Well with all the good coupons they've had out latley I been able to compare and this razor is better than the rest. They last longer. great shave. great price for what you get. I've found that the vibrating razor is no better :) So don't be fooled by the mach 3 power, the vibration is just marketing, it doesn't do much.