3.7
Sassy
Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder

Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder

3.7

I have mixed feelings about the Sassy teething feeder!

Our 9 month old has just really started to get into exploring the world of food and self feeding. I usually choose Munchkin  brand products when it comes to toys and feeding items, but this one was more appealing. It had the secure locking ring and the ice pack to keep fruit cold. The first problem I came across with this product was the bottom was really hard to get off, which is good to know that my child will not be able to get the fruit out of the product but at the same time it should not be so hard that mom or dad can not get it open either. I put bananas in the mesh bag and she just loved it. I hated it when she was done. The banana will not come out of the mesh bag! I tried soaking it and putting it into the dish washer a couple of times, no such luck! I was unable to get the bag clean and it had turned black! I have no idea why it turned black! I tried to find a replacement mesh bag for this and have not found any where that sells them yet. I thing to improve this teething feeding would be to make the mesh bags cheap and disposable, because I really honestly doubt that any mom would give their child that mesh bag after it turned black. I do like that it came with a snap lid, so that we can take it with us wherever we go! The colors are nice a bright and catch baby's attention.

Don't waste your money on a baby safe feeder

I am usually not one to give in to alot of hype around a product, but I heard so many moms raving about the Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder that I decided to give it a shot. My daughter was around six months old, and starting to eat alot more solid foods. Plus she was teething. I thought this would be the perfect solution to a couple of problems. The teething feeder comes with a mesh bag that you put frozen or fresh food into and then screw onto a handle so the baby can hold onto it. The first time I gave it to my daughter I put few pieces of frozen fruit in for her to chew on, thinking that it would help her teeth. She didn't really like the texture of the mesh bag and didn't want much to do with it. Once the fruit started to thaw a little, it was very hard to get the bag clean. I decided to give it one more try and gave it to her again with some pieces of chilled bananas. She loved the bananas but had a really hard time getting enough out through the holes in the little bag. I ended up just cutting it up into really small pieces and letting her pick it up with her hands. When I tried to clean the bag, I could not get all the banana off no matter what I tried. I washed it several different times and eventually ended up just throwing the whole thing away because it was getting disgusting and not even worth it. Definitely don't waste your money on this one! Its alot easier to just give your kids small bites when trying new foods and teething ring when they need something to chew on.

Great for teething, we like it

Comments about Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder:

My husband bought one of these for our daughter when she was 5 months old. It's great to be able to give her solids and not worry about any choking hazard. She's always interested in what we're eating so I often will just cut a piece of fruit or vegetable we're enjoying and she's thrilled that she can do eat it too. It's also great for freezing some fruit and putting it in for bad teething days. Be aware that it is still going to make a mess since the juices will run as they snack so you might want to strip the baby down to his/her diaper only. I have bought two more of these since and continue to love using them. The only thing I wish was better is the ease of cleaning. It can be difficult to get all the food out and when we first got it I was worried it wasn't really clean. I looked up tips on how to clean them and sanitizing materials that can't be boiled. When it's really hard to clean or I want to give it a sanitizing I soak it for 10 minutes it in hot (as you can get from the tap) water, 1 cup white vinegar and 1 tbs baking soda and then scrub (turn the mesh inside out) . Even with the sometimes extra effort to clean these I still say its worth the buy and other parents should try it out.

These things are great

from Covington, GA

Comments about Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder:

The Sassy, baby safe teething feeder was a godsend for my oldest son.  He was always interested in "big people" food and would not leave us alone until he got it.  One problem....the kid didn't have any teeth.  So I stumbled upon the Sassy teether while looking for something else.  I decided to try it out.  Holy Cow were we happy!  We could put any food in the teether and he could go to town.  Frozen fruit was the best when he did finally start cutting teeth.  This teether went EVERYWHERE we went.  I was so glad to find a product that helped my little man eat the food he actually wanted and would eat.  Thank you Sassy, baby safe teething feeder!

Don't waste your money on a baby safe feeder

from Jefferson City, MO

Comments about Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder:

I have mixed feelings about the Sassy teething feeder!

from Dayton, OH

Lifesaver during Teething!

from Sahuarita, AZ

Comments about Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder:

I didn't even know that something like this existed until my friend told me that all three of her sisters swore by it with their kids.  After trying it once, I bought one for my parents house as well as my in-laws.  My baby loved it!  I used it for regular food a couple of times when she was too little to eat, and that worked out well enought.  Kinda messy, but so is everything else with a baby!  I make my own baby food and freeze it into ice cube trays.  During a particularly bad teething day, I decided to put one of the smaller ice cubes in here.  Both my baby and I were in love!  Not only did it instantly quiet her whining and crying, but she sucked that thing dry, which took about a half an hour.  Anyone with a teething 7 month old knows that a half an hour of peace and quiet is proceless!  The "baby popsicle" became her new favorite treat.  Her favorite was cantaloupe, but any frozen fruit will do.  I might avoid strawberries though as the seeds get caught easily in the mesh and are hard to get out. I definitely recommend this to every parent.

Sassy Teething Feeder, great for slipper fruit!

from Fort Benning, GA

Comments about Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder:

I got these when my twins were about 6 months old to put fruit into. They loved gnawing on strawberries from the fridge (helped with the teething), and bananas were another favorite. I like not having to worry about them choking on food, though I always am in the room when they eat, a choking child is a bit scary. Depending on what you put in it, they do get pretty messy. Juice from fruit and spit running down the elbows and chins, onto the tray, etc. But kids are messy anyway so it is expected! The only flaw I could find was the difficulty I had getting it clean. Again, it depends on what you put in it, like ice was not a huge deal obviously, but banana was a nightmare and took 2 days to get completely clean. The stringy pieces of banana would not come out, I tried the dishwasher, soaking, and handwashing, eventually I had to just put it all out by hand. Depending on what you put in it, Sassy Teething Feeder is great for teething or non-teething kids!

Wasn't for my baby.

from Maineville, OH

Comments about Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder:

We bought this for our son at the urging of other moms with older kids.  They swore by it during their children's teething.  We heard stories of parents putting ice cubes in the mesh bag and frozen fruit; but when we tried it with our son, he hated it.  Every time we would offer it to him, he would try it and throw it to the side immediately.  We would continue to offer it to him, but always received the same response.  We thought that maybe it was how cold the stuff inside was, so we tried it with defrosted peaches and grapes and received the same reaction.  After a while, we gave up with it.  It seems like a great concept and is very safe for babies.  It was very inexpensive and I like that there is a cover for the mesh bag.  All the components were easy to clean.  He could hold it himself, which was another big plus.  Wish we would have had better luck with it.  Maybe our next child will appreciate it more!

Great Multipurpose Product

from Addison, NY

Comments about Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder:

*My child was a light teether but I hated the thought of giving her plastic teethers. I purchased **Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder **, this product was awesome. It was perfect for a cold teether but you could add anything to it...fruits, ice...whatever you wanted and it would add the extra nutrition my child needed. I also used it for day to day use for the foods my child had a choking risk with such as grapes , she could enjoy them without getting any peices that weren't impossible her to digest. I would definately recommend this product to other parents. It is the best of both worlds and a way to get your kids to eat an extra serving of fruits during the day. The price is very low and not unreasonable for the product you get, my child used it for almost a year and it still looks the same as if it was the day i bought it. The product comes apart and has a cold teether part right in the top, very easy to clean and then pop it in your fridge!*

My baby never really liked this

from Columbus, IN

Comments about Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder:

I bought this thinking it would be a great idea for my baby.  I really liked the idea that the bag keeps the baby from choking on pieces of frozen food.  But then my daughter really didn't like this at all.  She couldn't understand what to do with the stuff in the bag and then when I put it in her mouth it seemed like she didn't like the fact that it was so cold.  Also, the cooling ring is so small, it didn't really help keep the food frozen.  Then there is also the whole idea of whether you really want to teach your child to use food to soothe themselves.  Maybe that's a bad habit anyway.  I think it might be more effective to offer a frozen washcloth and then if the baby understands what to do but rejects that, maybe try this.  It does have nice attractive colors and my preschooler thinks it is fascinating, so it might work better for her when she gets her 2 year old molars, but I just think this might be too complicated for a younger baby to understand.

Great for baby to have snacks!

from Auburn, ME

Comments about Sassy Baby Safe Teething Feeder:

I love these teething feeders because it gives my son something to chew on, snack on, play with while I am getting his dinner ready or giving my other son a snack.  They take a few times of use for the baby to get used to them, but after they realize that they will get yummy tasting food out of them, I think they figure out what to do really quickly!  It allows you piece of mind that your child is not going to choke on anything, but allows you to give them a greater variety of nutritious foods long before they are ready to chew pieces of food themselves.  Soft foods like bananas, berries or cooked carrots work great as do harder foods like apples and raw carrots for those babies who are teething!

They only downfall is that they can be messy!  They are hard to clean by hand so if you have a dishwasher, that would be perfect. I do not so I throw mine in the washing machine and they come out pretty clean.  I have a few so that we aren't waiting for one to be done in the laundry!