View more cell phones

SCP2700
Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone

Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone

4.1

This Sanyo phone is way worth the price!

I bought this phone because I recently added a data plan to my cell phone and wanted a device that would let me surf the Internet. I'm 22, and this pink phone with flowers (there is a more masculine blue version, as well) was exactly what I was looking for. I LOVE the keyboard. I will never be able to have a cell phone without one again. While it is small, I got used to the keypad very quickly. The Internet isn't the best if you are used to an iPhone, but it gets the job done, just a little more slowly. Texting is awesome on this phone. I like the fact that your conversations are recorded and you can simultaneously see what you wrote and the response on the same page. The camera is also excellent, and uploading pictures to the Internet from it has been a breeze.

That being said, there are some setbacks. The phone is slim, but it cracks and chips REALLY easily. You need a case for it (which I initially purchased), but the case makes the phone too bulky (I purchased it because of the slim quality). I don't know if there is a better case out there, but I just carry mine without one and it has suffered some damage from a few falls. Using the calculator is TERRIBLE. The buttons correspond with different letters because of the keyboard, and I have stopped attempting to use it because it is just too frustrating. I have Sprint service, which is great, but I don't like the fact that calls cannot come through if you are using the Internet. Text messages can, but if you are using the Internet all other functions of the phone are rendered useless.

All in all, this phone is definitely worth what it costs, and if you are just looking for something to make calls, make texting super easy, and check your facebook/myspace/twitter, this is perfect.

Good phone for the money

The Sanyo-SCP-2700 is a nice, lightweight phone. It seems durable and it is very easy to use. I like having the QWERTY keyboard. The disadvantage to this phone is that it is not a flip phone or slider phone. I will need to buy a hard case cover for it so that my screen does not get scratched up. This phone was free as it was an upgrade for me. I also purchased one for each of my two teenage daughters. It only comes in two colors, pink and blue. The pink one has a nice flower design on it so makes a good "girly" phone. Maybe after it is out a little longer they will come out with additional colors which will be a great thing. The buttons seem rather small to me, which makes it difficult when typing in a phone number. I am a little concerned about it being so light weight when giving them to my daughters. They are also a little slippery. It is very thin making it nice if you are going to put it in your back pocket or slide in your purse. It comes with some better ring-tones so that I do not have to purchase new ring-tones for myself. It also comes with a couple trial games. The calendar is a nice feature that i use often. All and All i would say that it is a nice  phone. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight, stylish phone with all of the features you would need.

Definitely not the best

from Manitowoc, WI

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

My teenaged daughter was asking to be added to our cell phone plan, and with her after school activities, we agreed it was a good time to get her a phone so we could communicate with her easily. I know, most teenagers have already had cell phones by the time they are 10 but we did not find that it was a real necessity, even though "everyone had one". So lo and behold, we bought this cell phone mostly for the qwerty board, ease of use, the quick battery charging rate, and that it was lightweight. The camera function on the cell phone is pretty good, but does not have a flash nor a memory card, so it can only hold photos in the internal memory, which is not much. But the worst thing of all, after just a short while of owning it, the screen has failed numerous times. For no reason, it would have a white screen. We have returned it and replaced it twice already because of the screen issues. It's a good phone for texting, but the screen problems and the fact that it does not have memory card storage are definite turn offs. NOT recommended.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

this phone is whack!!

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

This phone is not really a phone that i would recommend to people. you cant even surf the internet as you would want to. whenever you go on the internet is either it freezes or there is always something wrong with the page download. you cant even video and every single download on the phone have to be paid for; even if its Bluetooth. The phone cant even pick up Bluetooth signal and its hard for other phones to find it as well, even cheaper phones are much better to use than this phone.

Mostly good things about the SCP-2700!

from Nashua, NH

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

I got this phone about a year ago and I have been pretty happy with it. The phone is attractively designed and people constantly confuse it for a Blackberry. I don't have a plan for internet so I've never used it on this phone and can't say anything about it. The up, down, left, and right buttons can be programmed to go to certain menus on the phone. I really like this feature and have the buttons go to text messages, calendar, calculator, and the alarms. You can set five different alarms and snooze times. I also love that the ingoing and outgoing text messages show up as a conversation type-thing so you can see what you said and what the person texting you has said. You can also silence your phone and your alarm will still go off. It's also really great because you can change your text message volume seperately from your ringer volume. I love these options because when I go to sleep I can turn off the text message alert and keep the ringer on.

Great value

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

I got this phone early this year, as an upgrade to my much older and outdated Samsung flip phone. I was very pleased with this product. The screen is fairly large, so I can see my photos much better and with more detail and clarity than ever before. The camera is a stunning 1.3 Megapixels, which is nice for a cell phone. I love that you can add a lot of artistic edits to your camera photos after its done and there are many settings. The full keyboard is very convenient for texting. The call quality is great as well. The pre-set ringtones are not too bad and I loved the wide variety they gave us, as not everyone is willing to pay for a custom ringtone. The cell phone is easy to use and looks simple but pretty. There are a few colors to choose from, and I chose the pink one. This phone is great because it looks modern and sleek, while also being affordable and practical. It fits nicely in your pocket or purse.

SANYO SCP-2700 CELL PHONE - PINK IS AWESOME

from Rutledge, GA

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

I bought the pink Sanyo SCP-2700 cell phone a little over a year ago.  This is by far the best cell phone that I have ever owned.  My favorite feature is the full mini keyboard.  It is so much easier than having to type one letter three times to get to the letter that you want.  The camera takes great pictures that I can easily e-mail to my regular account, upload to my cell phone account or even to any social media site (i.e. Facebook).  It has a convenient calendar that I can set my "to-do's" or my appointments up in.  I like to use the calendar but have been disappointed that it will limit the number of entries that you can put in.  I think a limit of say one hundred is ridiculous but I am not sure what that exact number limit is.  I like being able to check e-mails regularly and to play on social media websites.  The speed of the phone is decent.  There is a calculator and stop-watch which have come in handy for me!  I would buy this phone again in a heartbeat!  I almost forgot to mention that I have dropped this phone a hundred times and it always works afterwards.  Anyone with kids knows how important that is, this phone is tough!!

Sanyo phone is fun and flirty!

from Lexington, NC

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

I've had my Sanyo phone for almost a year now, and it's the first one I've had that I'm considering holding on to.  It's just the right size for my pocket and purse, and fits right in my hand.  There is no uncomfortable trying to figure out where the microphone or ear piece might be hiding, and the person on the other end of the call can almost always hear me clearly.  I have the pink phone, which is definitely fun!  There are a couple of games on this phone, but I rarely play games on it anyway.  The call tones are the standard ones these days: pretty lame, nothing interesting, because they clearly want you to buy one.  Which, okay, I ended up doing anyway.  The keypad is like a typewriter: QWERTY setup.  That makes the letters easy to find.  The only down side to this is that they had to fit the entire keypad onto the front of the phone, so the keys are tiny.  The numbers are impossible to find without looking, which you probably shouldn't be doing anyway.  My favorite part about the keypad is the emoticon button, which gives you a lovely selection of smileys just a touch away.  I would certainly recommend this phone to a friend who has the patience to get used to the keypad.  It's easy to use with a clear menu.

The Sanyo-SCP 2700 cell phone is my new life partner

from Rich Hill, MO

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

The Sanyo-SCP 2700 cell phone from Sprint is by far one of the best cell phones I have ever owned. After I received it in the mail, the first thing I noticed was the BIG screen!! All of the features are amazing and I love having the keyboard at my fingertips for texting friends. Another great thing is the keyboard lock for when you are not using the phone. It locks automatically for those who pocket call others. Several phone covers are availble online and are the cheapest I have ever found. The internet access is easy to get to and fast. I can not tell you enough about this phone.

Not too bad, but not good for internet

from Kirklin, IN

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

I bought the Sanyo SCP-2700 about a year ago...well, I actually got it for free with my upgrade. I liked that it had a keyboard versus just using the number pad keyboard for texting. I text a lot so pushing #2 to get a C was getting really old! Originally I didn't plan on getting online much with this phone, but I've started getting online more just recently. It's a good phone for texting - I love how it keeps your texts separated by person (who you're texting with). I hate the internet on it, though. I am very limited as to what websites I can get on. A LOT of sites don't display correctly. It also has a camera that takes OK pictures - no thing like the iPhone from what I hear. Butyou do get what you pay for. The battery doesn't always stay charged very long, but that may have to do with if I'm  using the internet. It seems like it takes forever to send picture mail. And with a 1 year old whose grandparents live far away, I send a lot of picture mail. I guess if you get it for free like I did, it's not bad. But I wouldn't pay for it. And I ordered it online - I would definitely go to the store next time.

the sanyo-2700 is nothing hightech but you get what you pay for

from Mount Rainier, MD

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

The Sanyo SCP-2700 is slim and lightweight, with a great keyboard and an easy-to-use interface. It offers extensive messaging support, including support for corporate e-mail. It's also very affordable.

It functions, and it's worth it for the low price.

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about Sanyo - SCP-2700 Cell Phone:

At Sprint this phone is currently free. For that price it is definitely worth it! However, internet is a bit slow and some texts are received out of order or with the wrong time marked (which is sometimes fun since it looks like you were texted from the future, but it gets old when you cant find the latest text). A QWRT keypad is a must, I will never go back to T9, and while the keys are small you adjust and can type quickly. Navigating around the phone is simple, and the addition of multiple vibration patterns is excellent for distinction between call and text when you cant use sound. Email is easy to access and use. However, most apps for phones don't work for this (such as google maps) but there is a built in GPS if you have the data plan and the picture quality is pretty good. It also extremely durable, I drop it all the time and there aren't many scratches and dents (a few, but not noticeable). Overall this phone is a quick fix if you need a phone right away, and excellent for someone under a budget that still wants a phone that looks close to something more high-tech (sometimes mine even gets mistaken for a blackberry at first glance).