3.9
SanDisk
SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player

SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player

3.9

Affordable, compact and comes with great customer service

I got this on Black Friday last year for my fiance as a Christmas gift. There was a small learning curve, as we kept forgetting the exact settings it had to be on in order to add songs to the device. Additionally, we had some trouble getting the CD to load on the computer. In the end, we decided to just try existing hardware to add songs -- it worked easily.

It would be nice if this used a rechargeable battery, since my fiance uses it at work every day, but he loves it and has the option of listening to the radio as well as regular MP3s. It holds plenty of music for his taste, and fits easily onto his upper arm with the included armband. And the controls are simple and easy to use.

When ours stopped working it was still under warranty. The customer support folk were polite, helpful and, when it became obvious the unit was malfunctioning, told us to go online and print out a UPS label. They are sending us a replacement product and we're not out a single extra penny! That counts for a lot in my book.

Basically, this is a unit that is great for people with a lower budget (be sure to stock up on batteries, though, since using it at work means my fiance goes through a battery every three or four days) who still want the convenience of an MP3 player. The sound quality is good, the compact, lightweight frame is even better. This would be a great MP3 device for anyone looking for a workout aid.

Not a fan!

Whenever I run I like to listen to music (doesn't everybody?). A few years ago I was looking to get a new MP3 player but really did not want to spend the money at the time on an Ipod. My sister had a sandisk mp3 player and had good luck with hers so I decided to check them out. I ended up buying one because they were so inespensive compared to Ipod (especially at the time). At first I really liked my new mp3 player. It seemed pretty easy to use and it came with a clear plastic casing. This came in handy for whenever I would go running because my hands get really sweaty and this kept the mp3 player from getting ruined. It also semed pretty to use. After I got it i quick put some music on it to test it out. Then a few days later I tried to add more music to it I noticed there was a problem: I could not get any of the old music off of it! When i plugged my mp3 player it said that there was nothing on it. But at the same time a bunch of memory was being used. It let me add more songs. But after a while i got sick of those and I couldnt remove them! PLus there is no way to orgazie the music. Overall, I would not recommend this. I would say get an ipod instead

it works

from Roscommon, MI

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

today there are so many different mp3 players out there. when I bought this SanDisk sansa mp3 player I thought that I got a great deal. we bought it for our daughter and she used it about a year or so before it broke- my kids are a bit rough with some things. while it was fictional for our daughter' needs we thought it was pretty cool, it displayed the artist and names of the songs on the screen. it take one single AA or AAA (I can not seem to remember) battery. which does not last very long. there is a "record" setting on it which my kids thought was the coolest thing. a very simple mp3 player for those who are looking for simple and a very reasonable price. I would recommend this mp3 player to anyone who is not fussy about what they want or is buying for a child. I would not recommend this mp3 player to those who are a bit more high tech. it was easy to download music to the mp3 player, which is nice for those who really don't know how to do it.

• Sound Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Sansa runs forever, its another awesome product from Sandisk

from Hoffman Estates, IL

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

I am having this Sansa m240 since 3 years and still runs excellent. I run this in my car and awesome sound quality, very good product. The FM radio picks up all my local stations fine, and seems to hold the channels well while traveling too. I mostly use the recorder option in this mp3 to record the lecture given by meetings I attend or in my child's school the report given by the teacher about my kid. This recordings I can save for future. Copying the files is also very straightforward, attach to computer and simply copy paste same as any other files copy in Windows machine. This lightweight one-AAA battery player out on the ski slopes to have something to listen to, and think that this will more than capably do the trick. I strongly recommend it if you have never gotten an mp3 player, because until I got this one, I hadn't had one, and using the USB connection and armband plan to get a lot of use out of this player.

• Sound Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Don't Waste Your Time

from Monaca, PA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

I bought this MP3 player for my husband for his birthday and within a few months the operating system crashed and it wouldn't work anymore.  There wasn't a reset button and the only thing we could do with it was to throw it away.  Definately a waste of money there.

Good value for a good price.

from Eau Claire, WI

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

This is a very good deal for a cheap price, at most you can fit about 100 +/- songs on here. If you are looking for something with more storage space I would recommend upgrading to 2GB, and this one doesn't fit as comfortably in your pocket. The new 2GB ones are slim style, so fit easier in your pocket.

Simple To Use- Love it- Don't leave home without it!

from Freedom, CA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

I am so gld I made this purchase. I take my sansa with me when I go jogging or walking. I keep it in my purse and take it to work everyday for my lunch time walk . I have over 100 songs on it and I think I could probably add a lot more to it. It's easy to use and the earphones that come with it are good although I am going to buy some that don't slip out of my ears when I jog.

You get what you pay for... keep the receipt.

from Wilkes Barre, PA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

This product is very easy to use and inexpensive. You do not need the disc that comes with the program to upload music to the mp3 player. You can use another program like windows media player, iTunes, or Music Match Jukebox to upload music to the problem. The problems are the battery depletes fast. There is a lock button to use on your battery so the mp3 wont turn on when not in use; however, the button easily slides and you'll find your mp3 player on when you least expect it. Also, the program that runs the mp3 player has frozen on me several times and I have had to make exchanges. Overall, it is a good product, but don't throw away your receipt.

sometimes hard to figure out

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

A fairly decent product.  I only listen to books on tape.  Sometimes it is hard to find the spot where I left off.  Controls are hard to learn and it makes it difficult to go from one medium to another, i.e., headphone, speaker, car sound system.  The quality is decent and considering it is only a spoken narrative, the tone is fine.

really like this mp3 player

from Kingston, NY

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

I  found this player easy to use, it has great sound, battery life is good about 18 hours. The radio gets great reception. It is easy to download music to the player. I haven't tried the voice recorder yet...it also has a nice LCD display (backlit) I don't think you can beat it..bought mine for under 40.00 at wal-mart

Great MP3 player, great price

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

I bought this for my Mom for this upcoming Christmas since she said she wanted an MP3 player.  Being a Married Mommy of 2, I'm not the richest person out there so I was doubtful I'd be able to get her one.  When I can across this, I was pleased with the price.  I read a lot of reviews and decided to get it.  What a great investment.  Of course I had to try it out before I give it to her.  The music sounds great and the radio is clear.  I have to say, I am buying one for myself now :)

Bought for my niece and it works great-easy for her to use

from Noblesville, IN

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa m240 (1 GB) MP3 Player:

I bought this for my niece and a friends daughter for Christmas.  Both have used this MP3 player for 2 years without any problems and are still using it today.  The software was a little cumbersome to get started but did download all the music we needed.  Would buy this brand again.