3.9
SanDisk
SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player

SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player

3.9

This MP3 is a Revolutionary Peice of Electronics!

This mp3 is beautiful, portable, and fast. The mini LCD screen is fabulous, and it's small and easy to bring around to places. I love the USB function on it, i don't have to buy any wires for it or anything. It fits easily into my pocket at school too. One of my favorite parts about it is how it has a micro SD card slot. That means you could buy the 1 gb form of it, which is cheaper, and buy a 2 gb micro sd card and get 3 gb's of space on this small portable mp3 for only 18 bucks! This is a cheap mp3, that's works really good and has a fabuolous sleek performance. It's quite fast, except the micro sd card will work faster if you have ONLY songs on it. If you use that micro sd card for everything, even pictures and videos, then it will load slower. I love the controls on this thing. They're simple and easy. you just move the button in the direction you want it to go, and it goes there. you press down on the button and you play the song or select the option. This mp3 is remarkable and great. I love it!

For sensible savings and savvy sound, select Sansa!

***The Case***

***The Case***

I had wanted an mp3 player for awhile, but had never taken the time to go get one myself, or look into which brand or type would suit me best.  I ended up just throwing it on my Christmas list, and that's how I came by the SanDisk Sansa mp3 player.  I wasn't sure about the player originally, but it's definitely grown on me.  I'll be sticking with it for as long as she holds together.

***The Good***

The Sansa mp3 player is small and manageable, though not flat like an iPod.  It comes with a plastic carry case/protective cover, and a set of headphones.  The Sansa can play a variety of sound files (mp3, wma, wav), plus it has FM radio capability, and a microphone for voice recording.  The recording quality is only so-so, but if you have good quality music files, there's no difference in playback between the Sansa and an actual iPod.  One of my favorite features of the Sansa is that you can sort the music by a number of methods, including title, artist, album, and genre.  Plus, it's possible to create playlists.  The control pad is easy to use and straightforward.  Overall, the Sansa is pretty much what you'd expect from an inexpensive mp3 player.

***The Bad***

My particular model only has a 512MB storage capacity, which is roughly eight hours of mp3 files and 16 hours of wma files.  That capacity is way below other options for mp3 players, and even 10-14 hours of music can go by pretty fast after a week or so of walking back and forth between classes and exercising.  And it's definitely not the best option for a long trip.  I would have liked to have a little bit more memory space.  After I'd had my Sansa for a few months, I actually found out that you can get identical Sansa models with up to 2GB of storage.  (And 8GB for more recent models!)  Go figure.  Besides the space, there are a few listening features that I wouldn't mind having besides the sort by artist, album, etc.  Like shuffling.  I'd LOVE to have a shuffle feature on this mp3 player.  Unfortunately, there isn't one.  However, with the Sansa, the goods pretty much equal out with the bads, and in the end, I got what I wanted, so I'm satisfied.

***The Verdict***

Three stars!  Looking for a reliable, inexpensive mp3 player as an alternative to the high-priced, name-brand electronics that are out there?  Well, you can find your solution in Sansa!

sandisk MP3 player is good to use

from Fremont, CA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

Sandisk Sansa express MP3 player is a good product. At first the price is very cheap, It is affordable for everyone include chirdren. Also the package design is quite nice, it is small enought to carry around ( I usually put it in my pocket). I like the color and overall design of this MP3 player.

It is easy to use with bottons on it, not really need to read the manual. Just push the buttom around and you will know how it worked. It is also easy to charge, just to insert it in your computer and it will show you when charging is done.

Absolutely love it!

from Mission Viejo, CA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

I absolutely love this MP3 as much as any ipod.  It works great, sounds great and even looks great.  It is very light weight and compact so that you can slip into your pocket without much of a bulge.  It is super user-friendly and even my kids were able to figure out how to use it in a matter of seconds.  I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever with it and it costs a fraction of most other brands.  I highly recommend it as an alternative to the ipod, especially if you are on a budget like me.

economical and hardy , but still has a few bugs.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

This was one of the cheapest 2Gb MP3 players out there when i bought it.It is incredibly good for it's price.I love it's cool-blue LED display.What i don't like though is that it hangs if it is connected to the PC and the PC is turned off.You then have to wait for it to lose all its charge in order to use it again.

Excellent value, easy to use!

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

I love my Sansa! If you want an easy-to-use, inexpensive MP3 player, take a look at the Sansa. I love the expandable memory feature. SD cards are so cheap now; just add a 1 gig card to the slot & nearly triple your storage space. I plug mine into my car's stereo & play it through my vehicle's speaker system or plug it into my computer & listen at home.

Good musicplayer

from Des Plaines, IL

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

Good music player. i use this while travelling on cta trains. I like it. it is cheap, good music quality, easy to use CTA blue line is always making noise when travelling between damen and loop. Still in such unwanted noise, the music / sound is enjoyable. i would surely recommend this to all my friends travelling by public transport to work.

Very Easy to Use

from Encinitas, CA

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

Very easy to use. You have to use Windows Media Player to download musc to it. You also can't play iTunes songs on it. Easier to use than an iPod, and runs off actual AAA batteries, so you don't have to keep charging it. It has a radio and many features.

Great purchase for a first timer.

from Dover, DE

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

Bought this MP3 player for my teen in place of the much more expensive ipod.  This is a greater starter and easy to download with simple Microsoft programs.  The earpieces are a bit larger than expected, but nevertheless not overbearing.  We are Christians and do not listen to the mainstream, worldy music of today.  So it is wonderful to be able to download Christian and gospel music as well as preaching from both our own cds and music downloads, as well as from popular Christian websites.  I love being able to carry music that is uplifting and pleasing to the Lord anywhere I go!

Look elsewhere.

from Wisconsin Dells, WI

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

Good sounding unit for as long as it functioned.  After 4 months of heavy use (6+ hours daily) the earphone jack failed, then the SD slot failed, then the LCD just died.  Bought another for my daughter at the same time, hers too suffered from the same defects shortly afterwards under light use (2-3 hours/daily, 3-4 days/week).Thought I was getting a deal using lower memory device expanding the capacity and functionality of swapping SD cards at random, bad idea.

It's worth it!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

Yes, it's only 512MB but it does a great job for me and for my son.  We also enjoy that it has the option of listening to the radio instead of the downloaded music.  The voice recorder can also be used to leave yourself messages.  For the price it's great!

One of few EXPANDABLE MP3 players...

from Spencerport, NY

Comments about SanDisk - Sansa MP3 Player:

This is a nice little MP3 player. It's one of the few I found that is actually expandable. I bought a new 1 GB SD card for my camera and now use the old 512 MB card in my Sansa - giving me 1 GB total. The system specs say you can put up to a 2 GB SD card (2.5 GB total) in this unit. I've used it to carry university-level class podcasts as well as music. One AA battery lasts for about 20 hours of playing time which it a good deal.The one drawback is that the LCD screen is very fragile and my first one broke almost immediately. I found an old Altoids candy tin is the perfect protecting case! I had my husband nibble out a small hole for my earphone cable to come through and keep it in my purse while listening.