View more cell phones

Samsung - Juke Cell Phone

Samsung - Juke Cell Phone

3.6

Totally awesome!

About a month ago, I purchased the Samsung Juke (although I'll admit it was free due to a HUGE discount online!) to replace my dinky cheapy older phone.  Now, before getting my phone I had only seen it ONCE in my life and had NO CLUE whether it was a good purchase or not.  With everything said and done, I'm glad I did.  About the height of a deck of cards when closed, the Samsung Juke is sleek and compact with a turn-based button.  With a switchblade-like motion, the phone opens revealing the menu and buttons.  The Juke has the capability of text messaging, pictures, downloading, music, games, texting, internet connection and more.  You can plug in your phone to your computer and download your favorite tunes to listen to.  1,919 MB this baby can hold it.  The sound comes out clear and strong and has a set of earphones.  I have recieved several compliments from friends and peers when they see my phone.

The phone takes some getting used to.  Opening it -- although not difficult -- can be annoying if you are left-handed (which I am).  The turn-based button can be a pain to use with the spinning and lack of an up, down, left, or right arrow most of us are used to.  It is a small phone so I would not suggest this for anyone with big hands (it may cause hand cramps due to its narrowness) and for people who lose things easily.

Overall, I must say this phone was a great buy and I'm glad I made it.

The Juke is a phone and a MP3 player.

The Juke is a phone and a MP3 player that is full of pros and cons that I've come to live and learn with.

You see, when I had enough...Read complete review

You see, when I had enough time in with my cell phone carrier that I could upgrade my phone for free during the 2007 holidays, this narrow, swivel-flip phone that could play music caught my eye.

What can I say, I didn't have my iPod yet, I thought this phone may be a good solution to show my nephews that their Auntie was still current and maybe even hip.  I found the switch-blade motion, in which the Juke opens, to be what is most impressive when operating my cell phone around others.  "Wow, look at that!"

The Juke is great for playing music.  But, if texting and being able to read your Juke's narrow screen are important, this is not the phone for you.  I have to grab my reading glasses just to see my screen and texting is frustrating with the Juke's small keys.

Some days I feel technically challenged and other days I feel a bit tech savvy. With that being said, the Juke has 2GB of internal memory with a click wheel for navigation.  However, with the screen being so small, I'm not sure if I've ever enjoyed finding my way around this phone's features which include; Music player, stereo Bluetooth, a basic VGA camera phone, GPS, speakerphone, and BREW.

I'm glad this phone was a free upgrade. The Juke has taught me what I really want in a cell phone.

Fun little phone :)

from Asheboro, NC

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

This was my first Verizon cell phone. Before it, I had a chunky flip phone on a different carrier. This phone was tiny in comparison! It was a neat little phone. I loved the music that I could upload and listen to (if iPhones were out then, I wasn't aware of them). The little spin dial was easy to operate. Texting was an interesting accomplishment on the tiny little keys, but once you get used to it, you don't know any better. When I had this phone, I was coaching high school volleyball. The long bus rides to games were very boring (no assistant), so I'd listen to music on my phone. Call quality was great on the Juke. Volume adjustment was simple. The "flip" to this phone was so cool! I found myself flipping it open and shut more often than I should have, but it held up regardless. The only thing I didn't like about the phone was, if I was listening to music and I got a call or text, the call/text sounds were WAY too loud when it interrupted the music. I typically had the volume of the music up to drown out the bus noises. I wish the phone had had an override to where the phone just vibrated or something when a call or text came in while music was playing.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Awesome cell phone!

from Ashland, VA

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

I've had no problems with this phone. I got it for the sole purpose of listening to music, since I rarely speak on my cell phone. It's got a lot of great features and it's small enough to fit in a Gerber/Leatherman case so I can wear it on my belt at the Fire Department.

THE BEST MP3 PLAYER PHONE IVE EVER USED!!!

from New Boston, MI

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

Such a great little phone... The BEST MP3 phone i have ever used!!!A lot of people have complemented me on it... they say  " I thought it was just an MP3 player!!!"Despite the lack of high end features... if you have been waiting for a phone that acutually has a good mp3 player this is it...I ALSO LOVE THAT YOU CAN DRAG AND DROP YOU MUSIC RIGHT INTO IT... NO ANNOYING SOFTWARE TO INSTALL!!!

It's just as cool as it looks.

from Richardson, TX

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

People will admire your new phone. It's really not that hard to press the buttons, but as far as I can tell you have to set it to predictive text every time you send a message if you want predictive text. It's great if you have a large iPod but not a small one because you can just put 1.7 GB of music on your phone and go to the gym or whatever. It comes with headphones, but they're that slightly smaller kind. It also has pretty good volume without headphones though. It's got all the cool stuff like voice recognition calling and setting different rings for different people. Anyway, it's just so darn cute.

This is the coolest phone I've ever owned!!

from Franklin, TN

Pros

Cons

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

I wasn't sure I would like this phone at first but having had it almost a month I have to say I love it! It is compact and convenient for phone calls and taking pictures. I also love the fact that I don't have to pay for an additional service to download my music to it. I just plug in the usb cord and upload my music in a snap. My friend bought one the same day and she is thrilled with hers also. They have great sound with the earphones but don't sound that bad without them. The only thing I worry about is the swivel part of the phone wearing out. I hope that doesn't happen because that is the only negative thing I can think of at this point.

How cool is the Juke!

from Sicklerville, NJ

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

I got the juke as soon as it was offered, because I love new things. I love it's sleek design - it's small and petite like me. It offers a lot of extras to personalize it. Offering it in teal was a great thing. And having am MP3 player inside, sheer genius.

Juke is a cool lil' switchblade flip phone that kicks out tunes!

from Arlington, VA

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

I got the Juke when I left my old cellphone on top of my car and drove.  I watched my old phone explode from my rearview mirror, but I am not looking back.  This tiny little phone fits into my pocket, bounces back very well from multiple drops and enables me to listen to tons of songs and audio books while I am away from home.  The sound is clear from the headphones.  I have not checked its bluetooth capacity but I will be purchasing a couple of bluetooth wireless speakers to share my music with those I am with.  The battery charges fast and holds its charge for a long time.  The juke is definitely a conversation piece.  Friends see the little red rectangle and say, "that's a phone!"  I say, "and my music player, my calendar,and my alarm clock!"

On the downside, the screen is tiny and the keyboard is a little bigger than one square inch.  I can handle texting just fine on the Juke, but you really have to be nimble.  If your fingers do not have much dexterity or your hands are large, this may not be the phone for you.  While there is a camera built into the Juke, the screen makes it hard both to see what you are shooting and what you shot...  but the pictures upload to the internet just fine and I did not buy the Juke to take pictures.  I will take the size and the songs over the txt and the pics anyday.

The Juke is a phone and a MP3 player.

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

I get more comments on this phone than any other

from 480932515

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

I got this Samsung Juke so I would not have to carry an MP3 player.  I do not listen to music but to educational pieces and using it with the Bluetooth allows me to listen without the wires of headphones tangling up with everything.  It is very small so it fits easily on my belt without interfering with movement or bending over.  It also has an external clip on heavy duty battery I did have to buy separately, but that lasts much longer and allows me to carry the one that came with the unit as an extra in case it does run out of power.

I only use this phone as just that to make calls and the MP3 player although it has a lot more capability they just don't fit into my lifestyle.  It doesn't hurt that it is very attractive.  People are always commenting on the phone when they see it.

Sadly, my Palm died so I will be changing to the Palm Centro because needing a Palm is more important than the MP3 player and my upgrade is coming up and this will save me a lot of money and space over buying another Palm, but I will miss this phone.

the juke cell phone its very small and handy has a mp3 player

from Walden, CO

Comments about Samsung - Juke Cell Phone:

the juke cell phone is small handy easy to use has a camera takes great pics come in different colors and has a mp3 player its not a kids phone as it would be easley broken can get a silacon case for it that matches in color

I love mine