View more cell phones

Samsung a777 Cell Phone

Samsung a777 Cell Phone

3.9

BEST CELL PHONE FOR ME

I have had the Samsung A-777 for about a month or so now. It is GREAT. There is no chance of accidently calling someone as the keys are covered. That is one of the best features to me. You can answer with sliding the phone open or by accepting with the slide down. It comes in a variety of colors. They had blue, red. orange and a limey olive green phone. I got the green one since it did not come in purple (as that is my favorite color). It really doesn't matter which color you chose as they are all pretty colors. The slide is a GREAT feature to have since I would sometimes call people by accident and my time would be wasted on a phone call not being used. It has messaging, full text, pictures, video clips and IM support including AOL and windows live and yahoo messenger. It also has 3G internet, music player and it supports M3 players. It just is the ultimate phone for those of us that don't want all that the iphone has to offer. I purchased mine through AT&T and all it cost was a 2 year renewable contract and since I think AT&T is the best the 2 year contract was not a problem. Noone so far has had any problem hearing me and the battery last 4 to 5 days for me. This is a phone I highly recommend to a friend or stranger.

Bad and easy to break ( sumsung warranty not cover any break )

I have had the Samsung A-777 for about 5 months or more , It is easy and simple to use but is so easy to break . Also samsung company not cover easy breakness under thier warranty which is too bad for someone kind a busy person.

Good phone

from Scott City, MO

Comments about Samsung a777 Cell Phone:

I have had this phone foe a little over a year and its a good phone. I love how it slides up. And i really like the color i picked out. I got blue. Its really easy to use and you can easily get the hang of it quickly. And its small enough to carry in your purse or pocket.

Simple, light and convenient.

from Brighton, MA

Comments about Samsung a777 Cell Phone:

I really like this phone for its simplicity, but I do sometimes have trouble with the battery life. I also don't like that I sometimes accidentally hook up to the internet. For texting and calling, however, it works great.

Bad and easy to break ( sumsung warranty not cover any break )

from Nashville, TN

Nice, basic phone

from Harpers Ferry, WV

Comments about Samsung a777 Cell Phone:

If you're looking at this phone, you're probably looking for a basic phone--not a Blackberry, an iPhone, or any of those highly-touted "smart phones." For basic calling and texting needs, this one is pretty decent. The color choices add a bit of personal style, which is nice. Call quality is okay and the phone itself can store quite a few files before requiring the use of a miniSD card. Camera quality (should you ever find yourself needing to take a picture but your camera is nowhere in sight) is decent--not spectacular, but average for a phone of this kind. Texting can become a little bit of a pain though--but that's expected. There's no QWERTY pad, so you have to either type in all the letters by hand (typing "2" once for a, twice for b, thrice for c, etc.) or using T9 (which saves some time but even textonyms get a little frustrating to deal with, e.g. "of" and "me" are the same). Probably my biggest gripe about this phone, though, is that if you hit the center button, you end up accessing the internet (which I don't have a plan for). I've hit the button quite a few times now, and I feel like I have constantly make sure that I'm not on the web.

Cheap and Effective

from Elmhurst, NY

Comments about Samsung a777 Cell Phone:

Got this phone from att for quite a cheap price. However they did not ship to my address properly. Had to go all the way to the closest Fed-Ex place and it was pretty darn far. That's probably because of ATT though so I can't blame samsung. However, the phone is well made. Had video camera and pictures. Not really good when compared to a smartphone but it's fine for every day use. My dad bought it for himself when his old phone broke. The color only came in red unfortunately and it was refurbished. It was dropped a couple of times though because of my baby brother. Haven't broke though so that is good. Pretty durable. However if you do force it, then yes it can break. The sliding up feature is not so good, don't really like it. The battery however is good lasts for a good long while. The music however drains it. It's quite easy to learn even with computer illiterate people. The numbers/texting is quite big so it is easy to use.

Great phone for those not interested in a smart phone!

from Mcminnville, OR

Comments about Samsung a777 Cell Phone:

Let me start out by saying that I am very tech-savvy person. That being said, I have no interest in owning a smart phone. Though I like being able to call and text, if I'm away from my computer I'm away from it for a reason.

Thus, the a777 is a great phone for my purposes! Samsung's T9 is the best I've seen for texting, the phone itself has an excellent battery life, and it has treated me wonderfully for 8 months now. It is extraordinarily durable, standing up to drops and bumps as well as the 6,000+ texts I send each month. The keypad has yet to wear out, the camera takes decent pictures for a phone, and it is all around a very sturdy, tough little phone.

My only one gripe with this is that it doesn't make for a very good Mp3 player. There isn't enough versatility in the sound (either my ears hurt or I couldn't hear well enough) and playing music drains the battery quickly. But as long as you're not buying it for that purpose, you should be set.

I love this phone so much that I will actually seek out another when this one wears out.

Love This Phone!

from Glastonbury, CT

Comments about Samsung a777 Cell Phone:

I just recieved this phone on 11/26/2010, this may be premtaure however so far so good.This is a phone that you can actually see all the numbers and letters very clearly,nd that's more than I can say for the Samsung Propel.On the Propel the numbers are so tiny it's difficult to press one button without pressing another.I'm very pleased so far.

Good durable phone

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Samsung a777 Cell Phone:

I've had this phone for a year and a half and its been a  good basic phone. I don't have a data plan so my cell phone usage is limited to calling and texting. I have always had great reception on it (better than others who also have the same service provider).  I don't use the phone for email or anything like that so I can't speak to its data capabilities. The slide phone seems much more durable than my previous Samsung flip phone which started cracking at the joint after less than a year after I got it. I have worried about breaking or scratching the screen but have not had a problem yet. The phone is small and compact and easily fits in a pocket, something the larger smart phones can't do. The keys are a little flat for my taste making it hard to dial especially if you have large fingers or are wearing gloves. The color selection is great- I have green and my sister has red. Overall I am very happy with this phone and would definetly get it again.

Samsung SGH a777 cell phone is practical

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Samsung a777 Cell Phone:

Samsung SGH a777 cell phone is perfect for what I need.  I am not a tech savvy person and only need to use my phone to make calls and text.  This phone works fine for what I need.  The controls work fine and after playing with my phone for an hour I was able to find out which button does what for the most part.  I did find the center circular control button was a little confusing.  Sometimes you can hit the center button to accept a command like send or view but other times it goes straight to the interenet access.  After time I get when I can use the center button but everyonce in a while I'll forget.  The back and send button varies too...sometimes you can use two different buttons for the same command so that gets confusing.  The keyboard keys were a little small to use at first but now I got used to it and can use it w/ ease.  The photo option takes time to figure out what command to use at first too and if you don't take photos all the time you forget what the correct buttons to hit.  It's slow in taking the picture too about a few seconds before the picture is snapped.  I like the keyboard slider.  Decent size and weight and large enough screen.  If you just want a simple phone to make calls and text then this phone will do the job just fine.

my favorite phone

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Samsung a777 Cell Phone:

I have had this phone for about two years now and I still love it as much as I did when I first bought it. I do realize that there are better phones that are avalaible now, but I can not bring myself to give up this phone. The phone is slim and it is very easy to use. I am technically challenged and this phone is great for a person like that. I like the way that I have to slide the phone upwards in order to access the key pad. That is more unique than just flipping it upwards like normal cell phones. This phone has buttons that are very easy to press and the buttons always respond the first time I push them. The phone is good for talking into and I am always able to hear the person that I am speaking to clearly. This phone has a nice front screen that is pretty big. This screen comes in handy when I need to have a quick glance at the time or the date. The graphics are not the best, but they are good enough for me to use daily.