3.4
WA5451ANW/XAA
Samsung VRT Top Load Washer

Samsung VRT Top Load Washer

3.4

Pros

• Quiet (7)
  • Large capacity (6)
  • Adjustable settings (5)
  • Clean clothes well (5)
  • Energy efficient (5)

Cons

• Doesn't clean effectively (3)
  • Long cycle (3)

• Everyday clothes (5)
  • Towels (5)
  • Delicate (4)
  • Heavy/bulky items (4)
  • Bedding (3)
    • Energy Efficiency:
    • Cleaning Time:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (5), Heavy duty user (4)

Large capacity, easy to use, cleans well, no problems.

I love this machine. I can put a ton of towels in this machine and it doesn't get out of balance. My clothes aren't twisted to death by a central agitator. Things come out clean and it has a high spin cycle so the clothes are pretty dry when they come out (if you want to use this cycle) and it will cut down on your drying time. I do have to plan for a somewhat long cycle time but this is a minor inconvenience considering the benefits.

Energy Efficiency
This washer seems to use less water than my old convential washer and the clothes are coming out clean so it is saving water and, since I have a well, it is saving electricity from the water pump. If you let the machine do a high spin, they are very dry prior to putting them into the drier so your clothes don't spend near as much time in the drier. This is a real cost savings.

Cleaning Time
Wash cycles are anywhere from about 45 minutes long on up, depending on how dirty the clothes are to how many rinse cycles you want. There is no was to hurry it along. The washer swishes the clothes around in the water in order to clean them, rather than twisting the clothes around a central agitator. Since my clothes aren't being beat up, twisted and tied up together, I consider this a good trade off.

Clothes come out clean so I have no complaints. Sometimes, if I am doing a quilt or comforter, there is air trapped in the item so I do have to open the washer to squeeze the air out of the item to get it to go below the water line. Because the washer has a clear glass lid, it is easy to see if this is required.

If you read the manual before you use the machine, and this isn't hard to do, there is nothing difficult about using this machine.

I like the big tub that holds a ton of clothes and other large items. The clear glass lid lets you see what is going on inside so if some item seems to be "floating" on top of the water, you can push it below the water (this hardly ever happens). The control panel is easy to read and when the wash cycle is complete, the machine plays a little tune to let you know it is done. The machine is pretty quiet, otherwise. This machine had also been designed to somehow stay balanced, even when it is loaded with a bunch of towels so you don't have to redistribute the load. Only once in the time that I've had this machine has it gone out of balance to the point that it turned itself off and told me that I had to rebalance the load. It does this rather than bouncing all over the floor. How nice is that?

I've had this machine for over 6months and do 4 or 5 loads of clothes a week. I've done blankets, quilts, comforters, large loads of towels, sleeping bags, sweaty running clothes and the machine can handle the load and the dirt. I've had no problems, at all.

Big disappointment to someone who is "green".

I do not like this washer for a variety of reasons, but many have to do with the HE factor (with no agitator). I have had this washer for 6 months. It decides how much water goes into the laundry..this is a problem if you are putting in wet items..the water keeps going and going..at one point my husband had to open it and use buckets to get the water out...and it kept going and going. It wasted so much water and the laundry took almost 2 hours for the machine to figure out the laundry amount. That was an exception, normally, the laundry takes just under an hour, which is still too long. My old washing machine took 35-40 minutes. So whatever we are saving in water usage, we are wasting in electricity. Also, I tested it with some clothes and stains still stayed on, many items had white detergent streaks (even though I barely use any detergent). And the clothes get so wrinkled! Overall, extremely disappointed with the HE...next time I will go back to the old fashioned washer (if I can still find one). I have never (in my 30 years of doing laundry) actually screamed at a washing machine, and my husband for buying it. We have had HUGE arguments over this machine, I hate it so much. Imagine? Fighting over a washing machine? That is how low I have come, since I've owned it.

Energy Efficiency
Overall good for water usage (it never seems like there is enough water in there), but that is offset by the longer amount of time needed to launder clothes..so much higher electricity usage (and since in our area our electricity is high and water low...this is a problem).

Cleaning Time
Very long cycles...very disappointing.

Many stains still on clothes. White streaks from detergent?? I barely use any.

Easy to use.

Nice looking machine.

Best buy ever.

from Memphis Tn

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

I love this washer, I have a family of 6 and a husband that works in construction, his clothes stay filthy but this washer cleans them just like new.

Junk that only lasted 1.5Yrs. Very POOR Support

from Altus Oklahoma

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Quiet

Cons

• bc code in every setting, no matter the load
    • Breaks Down

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

I have had this JUNK for about 4 years. In storage for 2.5 years of that time. Now it is a fight to get any load done. Customer support is a JOKE! I think they are hoping I get tired and just stop calling. I will never buy another Samsung product again!

hate it

from Goshen AL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Looks nice
      • Quiet

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Long Cycle
      • when you wash with bleach it ruins your clothes

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

I bought mine because it looked so nice and the inside was large enough to wash my comforters. Big mistake. Clothes are not clean enough. Went to beach and washed clothes after shaking sand off. Sand remained in washer. Tried to rinse it out. Had to clean sand out by hand.

Love it

from Upton, Ky 42784

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
        • Clean Clothes Well
        • Energy Efficient
        • Large Capacity
        • Quiet

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

I bought the Samsung Washer about a month ago and I am delighted with my purchase. This washer has no agitator and I had heard that this type of washer may not get clothes as clean, but I was tried of my clothes wrapping around an agitator and I was tired or trying to shove my comforter around the agitator. Well, I am happy to report my clothes are just as clean as ever. Also this washer is quiet and gorgeous and a great value for the money. I would buy it all over again.

Not Happy

from Birmingham, Alabama

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
          • Large Capacity
          • Quiet
          • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
          • Long Cycle

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

The washing machine does not use enough water and it has no agitator. The clothes are not clean. I have always prided myself on doing a good laundry and it is simply impossible with this washing machine. The whites are dingy and the clothes look shabby and worn out. So sad.I would trade it for my old Kenmore in a second

Never Buy A Samusung Product -- EVER

from McPherson, KS

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
              • Rust getting on clothes

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

DO NOT BUY! Rust began forming on the top cover near the plastic bleach dispenser. At least that is where it is visible. If I reach under the cover, you can clearly and run your hand across the bottom of it, my fingers turn red with rust and pieces fall out. In addition, pieces of rust will fall into the drum of the washer while the clothes are being "cleaned." A washers job is to clean the clothes -- it's sad when they come out with rust on them.

Efficient

from Uniontown, PA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
                • Clean Clothes Well
                • Energy Efficient
                • Large Capacity
                • Quiet
                • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

My old washer was on its last leg. Every thing came out wet in the old one and I was frequently rewashing due to the spin cycle not working. I was finally able to buy this washer and it is amazing. There are multiple settings for the type of load you are washing. ..normal, heavy duty, quick wash. Each load only requires a couple of spoonfuls of detergent and uses minimal water helping us save on detergent and water costs. My clothes always come out clean and fresh. The spinner rings out most of the water making drying a breeze. Bonus: since most of the water is rung out if I forget to get the load out immediately there are no worries about mildew. Special note each load ends with a cute musical note to let you know the cycle is done.

The gift that keeps giving.

from FL

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
                  • Energy Efficient
                  • Large Capacity
                  • Quiet

Cons

• Long Cycle

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

Everyone knows that there comes a time when you hang on to your washer for entirely way toooooo long to the point of it not even washing the same, making obscene noises, and practically bouncing down the street. My husband was one of those. Black Friday came and we decided it was time to get a quality washer/dryer and I was on a mission. He showed me many kinds, brands and even so many to the point I didn't want one anymore. I had to stop and think what was it exactly I wanted? I wanted something energy efficient, a top loading, a brand I trust, and something that is quiet. Samsung has made it, this washer is my life. The only con would be that it's so large that I have to stand on my tippy toes sometimes to get socks out of the bottom. Love love love this and you will too!

Amazing!

from Beaverton, Oregon

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
                  • Clean Clothes Well
                  • Energy Efficient
                  • Large Capacity

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

I love this washer! I have myself, my husband and both my kids to wash after and I have a lot of different types of clothing I need washed. This does it all! I can choose the water temp, how much it spins and even do a presoak or a delayed start if I want!

I love this washing machine

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

This washing machine is the perfect blend of looks and function. I love how sleek and modern it looks in my house because it fits in so well with all of my other new appliances even though they're different brands.

Energy Efficiency
                  I haven't seen any kind of increase in my energy bills since getting this awesome washer. And I wash several loads of laundry a day. This is smaller than my last washer so that should help keep the cost of energy down.

Cleaning Time
                  This washer gets the job done at a competitive amount of time even compared with bigger, stronger washers. I have been surprised how the time is so good.

My clothes always come clean and smelling really good after a wash. I am very pleased with the performance of this washer.

I always fear new appliances because I worry I won't know how to use them, but I had no problem whatsoever with this washer. The buttons are very easy to navigate and are just as easy to use as any washer.

I love the design. Looks so modern and really fits in with all the new appliances that I have in my home.

The durability is no problem. I have had no problem at all. This is a smaller washer but it is as strong as the bigger ones.

• Energy Efficiency: