3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Large capacity, easy to use, cleans well, no problems.

I love this machine. I can put a ton of towels in this machine and it doesn't get out of balance. My clothes aren't twisted to death by a central agitator. Things come out clean and it has a high spin cycle so the clothes are pretty dry when they come out (if you want to use this cycle) and it will cut down on your drying time. I do have to plan for a somewhat long cycle time but this is a minor inconvenience considering the benefits.

Energy Efficiency
This washer seems to use less water than my old convential washer and the clothes are coming out clean so it is saving water and, since I have a well, it is saving electricity from the water pump. If you let the machine do a high spin, they are very dry prior to putting them into the drier so your clothes don't spend near as much time in the drier. This is a real cost savings.

Cleaning Time
Wash cycles are anywhere from about 45 minutes long on up, depending on how dirty the clothes are to how many rinse cycles you want. There is no was to hurry it along. The washer swishes the clothes around in the water in order to clean them, rather than twisting the clothes around a central agitator. Since my clothes aren't being beat up, twisted and tied up together, I consider this a good trade off.

Clothes come out clean so I have no complaints. Sometimes, if I am doing a quilt or comforter, there is air trapped in the item so I do have to open the washer to squeeze the air out of the item to get it to go below the water line. Because the washer has a clear glass lid, it is easy to see if this is required.

If you read the manual before you use the machine, and this isn't hard to do, there is nothing difficult about using this machine.

I like the big tub that holds a ton of clothes and other large items. The clear glass lid lets you see what is going on inside so if some item seems to be "floating" on top of the water, you can push it below the water (this hardly ever happens). The control panel is easy to read and when the wash cycle is complete, the machine plays a little tune to let you know it is done. The machine is pretty quiet, otherwise. This machine had also been designed to somehow stay balanced, even when it is loaded with a bunch of towels so you don't have to redistribute the load. Only once in the time that I've had this machine has it gone out of balance to the point that it turned itself off and told me that I had to rebalance the load. It does this rather than bouncing all over the floor. How nice is that?

I've had this machine for over 6months and do 4 or 5 loads of clothes a week. I've done blankets, quilts, comforters, large loads of towels, sleeping bags, sweaty running clothes and the machine can handle the load and the dirt. I've had no problems, at all.

Big disappointment to someone who is "green".

I do not like this washer for a variety of reasons, but many have to do with the HE factor (with no agitator). I have had this washer for 6 months. It decides how much water goes into the laundry..this is a problem if you are putting in wet items..the water keeps going and going..at one point my husband had to open it and use buckets to get the water out...and it kept going and going. It wasted so much water and the laundry took almost 2 hours for the machine to figure out the laundry amount. That was an exception, normally, the laundry takes just under an hour, which is still too long. My old washing machine took 35-40 minutes. So whatever we are saving in water usage, we are wasting in electricity. Also, I tested it with some clothes and stains still stayed on, many items had white detergent streaks (even though I barely use any detergent). And the clothes get so wrinkled! Overall, extremely disappointed with the HE...next time I will go back to the old fashioned washer (if I can still find one). I have never (in my 30 years of doing laundry) actually screamed at a washing machine, and my husband for buying it. We have had HUGE arguments over this machine, I hate it so much. Imagine? Fighting over a washing machine? That is how low I have come, since I've owned it.

Energy Efficiency
Overall good for water usage (it never seems like there is enough water in there), but that is offset by the longer amount of time needed to launder clothes..so much higher electricity usage (and since in our area our electricity is high and water low...this is a problem).

Cleaning Time
Very long cycles...very disappointing.

Many stains still on clothes. White streaks from detergent?? I barely use any.

Easy to use.

Nice looking machine.

Amazing!

from Beaverton, Oregon

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity

Cons

• Noisy

• Bedding
  • Delicates
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Heavy/Bulky Items
  • Towels

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

I love this washer! I have myself, my husband and both my kids to wash after and I have a lot of different types of clothing I need washed. This does it all! I can choose the water temp, how much it spins and even do a presoak or a delayed start if I want!

I love this washing machine

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

This washing machine is the perfect blend of looks and function. I love how sleek and modern it looks in my house because it fits in so well with all of my other new appliances even though they're different brands.

Energy Efficiency
I haven't seen any kind of increase in my energy bills since getting this awesome washer. And I wash several loads of laundry a day. This is smaller than my last washer so that should help keep the cost of energy down.

Cleaning Time
This washer gets the job done at a competitive amount of time even compared with bigger, stronger washers. I have been surprised how the time is so good.

My clothes always come clean and smelling really good after a wash. I am very pleased with the performance of this washer.

I always fear new appliances because I worry I won't know how to use them, but I had no problem whatsoever with this washer. The buttons are very easy to navigate and are just as easy to use as any washer.

I love the design. Looks so modern and really fits in with all the new appliances that I have in my home.

The durability is no problem. I have had no problem at all. This is a smaller washer but it is as strong as the bigger ones.

• Cleaning Time:

Suprisingly good if you know how to adjust the settings

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

I got this washier as a replacement due to my old one going kaput on me, and I've only used front loading ones in the pass, so I figured that maybe it is time to change types to see if this model type would be better, firstly the load capacity sufficient for me as someone who has a fair amount of laundry to do at the end of the week, and this washier is significantly faster per cycle than my old washer, typically under and hour and a load is finished.

After some use I started to mess around with the settings of each wash and found that what you need to do is set various options and you get a significantly lower cycle time with no loss of result, obviously I'm not comparing heavy soiled items but just everyday items such as shirts.

The spin dry at the end of each cycle does really good job in getting rid of excess water in the laundry which helps reduce the drying time of each item, thou most my washing is hanged out doors so not much of an issue for me, but I guess it will be quite helpful during rainy periods of time.

The machine thou having a decent load capacity is relatively tall but slim, so people living with limited space might consider this type of washier for better efficiency in terms of space use and function.

Energy Efficiency
The washier will score lower had I not worked out the settings for the quicker cycles

Cleaning Time
On the standard setting, only about an hour per cycle, and 30 minutes on a quick cycle

Not had any issues with the machine since installation

I'm only scoring this lower due to the complexity of the changing the settings, not everyone will be able to work out how to get their settings to do what they want,

Very nicely designed unit, thou some might not like the center dial look.

As stated I've not had any issues with this unit, no parts replacement or break down on me yet.

• Cleaning Time:

Worst washer we ever purchased

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

Purchased March 2012, repaired 7 times, broke down again today. Repair guys all have said Samsung makes horrible washing machines. Only two years old but I have to get replacements ASAP, we have 4 kids and they all play sports. Heading to sears to buy another washer & dryer, OH YEAH, matching dryer also very bad, repaired twice. I have spent more time at the laundry mat the last 2 years then anytime in my life. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG WASHER OR DRYER.

Energy Efficiency
Have to rewash most loads, never clean.

Cleaning Time
Wash almost every load twice to get clean.

Horrible

Hard to get clothes out of washer because it is so deep.

LOL, has been broken more the not

HA! Worst machine ever!!!

• Cleaning Time:

This machine is a horribly over priced tech nightmare.

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

When brand new it worked fine, then the glitches start. Right now every load gets stopped by a DC code that interrupts every spin cycle. Manual is no help, Samsung's website repeats crap answers like "reposition load", even when I run a cycle with nothing in the washer I get this error. 18 months from start to finish on this one, my last washer lasted 8 years.

Energy Efficiency
I don't see how it can be energy efficient since it takes 6 hours to wash a load.

Cleaning Time
Takes forever, glitchy as all get out. It will restart cycle without anyone present.

• Cleaning Time:

This is the best washer I have ever used!

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

This washer has so many features that it is difficult to pinpoint which is the best. I love the large capacity and that what used to take two or even three loads can now be done in one load. I save so much time each week doing laundry. I also love how it is super quiet and sings to you when your load is done. I also love that it is an Energy Star appliance and costs a fraction to run over my old one. I now want the matching dryer to go with it!

Energy Efficiency
It is an Energy Star appliance!

Cleaning Time
It cleans a huge load of clothes very quickly.

My clothes have never been cleaner.

The design was simple and easy to use without a lot of trial and error.

I wish the lid didn't fly up when you open it to get your clothes out.

I just received it; however, I believe this product will stand the test of time.

Money Pitt!

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

I love Samsung products and was super excited to buy this one. Its a extra large capacity washer so i can fit all kinds of clothes or towels and even wash my king size comforter. Problem is the pumps housing is freaking plastic. If the washer is out of balance for whatever reason it sounds like a cannon going off even if its barely. We had to call lowes because samsung didnt care to hear what we had to say and they fixed it. Its ridicioulous that after 4 months the housing broke. so far its ok but i can tell its about to fall again. Im not looking forward to my kitchen and dining room full of water again. I bought this washer with the matching dryer with the expectations of greatness and in return got a money pitt. Its as simple as that. I will never buy another samsung washer again!

its a he

Cleaning Time
it takes longer but its mostly because you put more in the washer

it works ok when its not being stupid

its really easy to use with the buttons

i think its cool looking

its not durable at all!

• Cleaning Time:

You will love this washing machine

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

Samsung offers all kinds of appliances and I have never been disappointed in any that I have purchased so I have a tendency to check them out first when shopping for a appliance. This machine features what they call VRT Technology. Simply put its what keeps the loads balanced and virtually silent.

Energy Efficiency
I find that the larger capacity ( they say the machine holds two and a half baskets of laundry) allows me to save time and energy just by doing fewer loads. The machine offers several wash cycles so you can choose the one you really need to save time, energy.

Cleaning Time
When you choose the right setting for washing clothes, it not only saves time but will not wear out the fabric and your clothes stay new looking longer.

This machine does it all and out perform other brands.The design allows a powerful yet gentle water jets that thoroughly cleans even the largest of loads. The special sensors keeps your wash load balanced even at high speeds. Great feature if you have you laundry room on the second floor.

Really easy to use

The overall design of this machine is fantastic and offers a great machine.

I love this brand and have never had any problems with any of their products.

Not what I expected

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

I was in the market for a new washer. I found the Samsung top loader washer on sale. I thought I would go for it, since I love samsung products. This washer has not met my expectations for a high efficiency washer. The spin it does during wash cycles is minimal, so basically the clothes are just sitting in water. My husband works on a farm, and his clothes get very dirty. The washer doesn't seem to get the dirt out the way my old one did. I wish I could have tried this washer before I bought it so I would have known the issues I would have had with it.

• Cleaning Time:

Good looking but thats all not worth the money

Comments about Samsung VRT Top Load Washer:

This washer has been nothing but trouble you have to babysit it because the machine will often read NF not filling I had this part which was said to fix this but the problem persist telling me there is a glitch in the product. For the money it is a totally rotten buy and I will probably never purchase a Samsung product again.