View more cell phones

Other Cell Phones:
Samsung
SPH-M620
Samsung Upstage Cell Phone

Summary

A phone you can dance to the Samsung UpStage is so unique, you have to see it (and hear it) to believe it. On one side, it's a slim, stylish Samsung phone with Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Technology and a 1.3 megapixel camera. On the other side, it's a slim, stylish Samsung music player with touch-sensitive media controls and a stereo speaker. Either way, it's a phone you'll flip over.

Samsung Upstage Cell Phone

3.3

One of a kind Phone, can be tricky though

When this phone came out i was totally in "had to have it" mode. I finally got one when it was about 6 months old and was kind of disappointed. I love all the features it had, the thing that got me was it had an MP3 player in in andyou could flip it around with screens on bith side. The things i did not like were, even though touch pad had a sensitivity conrtol in the settings menu, it was still a pain in the butt. There is no batrery cover becasue of the design all you have is a reset buttn. a feature that i liked since i am prone to dropping my phones. however becasue of this, it would over heat easily and you would have to reset it more than you would think needed. It comes with the MicroSD card (If you get it new in the box from sprint) which was a bonus becasue they can be spendy. i twas easy to transfer music too, however you don't really have that much room for that many songs. It also comes with an extended battery pack that doubles as a leather protectuive case for it, which i though was great at first unless you do alot of "flipping" it got to be annoying so i bought another case for it. Over all i like this phone, but i don't like sprint

Ok but a little inconvient to use

I rarely ever buy new gadgets especially when it comes to phones but I decided to treat myself when the UpStage came out because I figured it would be saving me money because I'd have a cell phone and an MP3 player.

I rarely ever use the MP3 player because it takes so long for the music to load.  I don't have any songs downloaded on the phone but it still takes a LONG time for the music to load and it doesn't just load the first time, it has to load every time you want to listen to music.  The sound quality is typical cell phone sound quality too.

The sleek design is nice but impractical.  It comes in a case which doubles as the backup battery which extends the life of the battery but makes the phone a little bulky to carry around.

There are a lot of features not on this phone which I miss from my previous phones like the shortcut navigation buttons.

They advertise it as a flip phone which is very accurate, you have to CONSTANTLY flip from one side to the other to go between functions.

I don't know if it's because of the slim design but I don't get good reception on the phone.  In order to get a good signal, I have to take it out of it's case completely but then when I talk on it, it uses a lot of battery so it's a toss up, good reception or long battery life.

The one feature I do like is that you can flip the camera so that you can actually take a picture facing yourself and see what you're capturing on the screen.

It's a nice phone but I'd much rather have my old phone back.

Not all of the kinks worked out yet

from Adrian, MI

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

Although they had a great idea of combining a cell phone and ipod all in one - it's more of a pain then it does good. I hate the fact that you constantly have to be switching back and forth between the two sides for each different feature. Wouldnt suggest it, especially for the money paid on it.

I love it!

from La Porte, TX

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

I love this phone. It has everything I am looking for and it is very easy to carry around. It is slim so it can fit anywhere!  It has been dropped it a few times and it has no scratches and still works perfectly.  When you have a small child, you need a phone that can withstand anything, this phone fits the bill.

It's not as loud, You can barely hear it.. It's really soft!!

from Kemp, TX

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

It's not a very good phone.. The screen is constantly freezing.. You keep having to reset it.. But reseting it doesn't always work.. It's not very loud.. and the Touch screen is so hard to work..The battery doesn't last very long with the bulky battery pack that you connect to it.. Really it's been one of the most worst phone that I have ever, every had.. It's really just hard to use.. The software for it takes up to much space.. I mean the design is great, but in all it doesn't make up for the all of the things that just don't work with it.. The touch pad is too touchy even when you put it to the lowest point.. You don't get very good service everywhere..

It's a hip looking good sounding, reliable phone.

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

I wanted a reliable phone that was compact and was stylish at the same time. Good reception is also very important to me. The upstage for the most part has met all those features. It has a lot of extras on it, camera, camcorder, internet, music, etc. For the most part I just use it to talk, text and take pics. It takes a little getting used to the buttons, but overall I like it a lot, it meets my needs.

Sexy Cellphone

from Brick, NJ

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

This cellphone requires a "average" learning curve. Like any new phone, you have to learn where to find everything. Also, you can not easy get dizzy. This phone will test your nerves. Remember that you most probably dug into your front pocket to get this phone. Not a cheap phone. Like any commitment, stick with it.

Neat concept...wouldn't purchase again.

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

I was very excited to get this cell phone...however, the excitement did not last very long. The screen that you dial from is too small, so you have to scroll down when reading a longer text message. I think the most disappointing thing about this phone is the battery life. Yes, it comes with an extended life battery "wallet", but when it starts losing battery life, it happens too quickly. I will have two bars on each battery at the start of the day and half way through my work day the low battery sign is blinking. I do not use my phone during the day at work, so this is disappointing. I expected better from this phone.

A phone all in one phone

from Elmhurst, NY

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

This is a great phone, a cheaper version of the iPhone. Love the MP3 as well as having a digital camera and phone as well.  I am a heavy cell phone user and see a huge value with this phone.  Very easy to use and it fits nicely in the palm of my hand and in my pockets.  Sound is very clear for both calls and playing the MP3.Also the battery life is great it last me more then a week.

Great phone with ONE MAJOR FLAW

from Dana Point, CA

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

I first got my Samsung Upstage when I switched to Sprint from Cingular almost three years ago.  I simply wanted a bar phone that was small.  I only used my phone for calls and liked the idea of the music player since I did not have an MP3 player.  The phone is tiny, durable and lasts pretty good with battery time and adds even more talk or play time when the included battery wallet is added.  I must admit that I rarely use the battery wallet and it adds to the size too much to be comfortable in my shirt pocket where I keep my phone.  I added a 2GB card and now hold 500 songs in my phone, which I have never even updated since I got it.  Now the bad part....I really love this phone, but after nearly three years, the battery does not last too long.  I was told when I got it that it needed to be sent in to get the battery replaced, but to my surprise, after spending hours on the phone with Sprint and Samsung people, the nasty truth comes out....THERE IS NO WAY TO REPLACE THE BATTERY!!!!!!  I will stick with this phone until I can no longer get through one day on a charge, but then it will be time to move to something else.

It is an ok phone.

from Joshua Tree, CA

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

It is an ok phone if you like thin. Only thing is that I dont like is it is a flip phone meaning you hit a button and turn your phone over. It does have music on it but the sound quality of the music isn't that great. But other features of the phone include Music library, Sync my music, Buy music, Pictures, tools, calendar, web, tv, and on demand. The sound quality for voice calls is good. The text messaging is a little difficult to use the the keypads are also numbers and it makes it hard to use two hands to type because of how thin and small the phone is. When I had upgraded to this phone from my old phone I had no idea of what it looked like or how thin it was If I would have known I would not have upgraded to this phone. I know now to make sure to look at a phone and it's features before upgrading again.   It is a good phone for basic use of voice calls.  But I know I will never buy this type of phone again.

Don't buy this!

from Washington, DC

Comments about Samsung Upstage Cell Phone:

I purchased Samsung M620 at an authorized outlet in the Philippines.  After few hours of using the unit, it suddenly shuts off.  At first, I thought I just press something that makes it turn off.  But it happens 4 to 5 times.  I return it to the store.  And it is so disappointing that it will took many days to replace the defective unit.  I will never buy any samsung product again!  Their replacement/return policy is not good.