View more computer monitors

Samsung
226BW
Samsung SyncMaster Monitor

Samsung SyncMaster Monitor

excellent monitor and very well priced!

I purchased a computer package from HP, which came with a 17" monitor. Originally I thought to upgrade to a 19", however noticed the reasonable price of this...Read complete review

I purchased a computer package from HP, which came with a 17" monitor. Originally I thought to upgrade to a 19", however noticed the reasonable price of this 22" monitor.

I tend to have a lot of windows open, often comparing 2 screens side by side. This monitor allows this easily. It has a very good clarity and resolution, and very natural colors. Pictures look excellent.

I am traditionally a laptop user since I do not like big bulky equipment. The flat panel allows me to have my computer set up on a small corner, without sacrificing space.

The quality of the picjture was terriblle.

The Samsung 19" TV has a horrable picture. From across the room it looks great. However if you get close to the TV the quality gets worse.or if you look at it from the sides. Only way to get a nice picture is sitting directly in front. Over all it sucks,

Affordable and great to look at!

from Fort Lee, NJ

Comments about Samsung SyncMaster Monitor:

This monitor is a great buy for anyone looking for a fast response display that's also affordable. Samsung is known for great quality control, and having bought two of these monitors, I can say that there was only one dead pixel on one of the monitors.

The monitor is very stylish, as it has a glossy bezel and a complementary silver bottom trim. The buttons are placed well, although once you have it setup, there's not much need to fuss around with them.

One thing that I wished the monitor had is a better stand that would allow adjustments in height and rotation. But, at this price, I will take the simple tilt stand.

Overall, color and response times are great. I am happy with the purchase and would recommend this and other Samsung monitors to others.

• Display Quality:
  • Compatibility:

Excellent Clarity

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Samsung SyncMaster Monitor:

I bought this monitor for my desktop as I had a 15 inch monitor. The upgrade was really worth it as i could really see the difference in clarity and it is also becuase of the fact that this one had a high contrast ratio. Also this monitor has a lean and sturdy look to it which makes it look very beautiful and excellent. Now im watching my HD movies directly in this monitor becuase all those Blu-Ray rips that I have just look so spectacular on this one.

One bad thing about this monitor is though the tilting is not that great and I wish it could have been better, as the

glare from my lights in the room sometime tend to accentuate this, but this can be avoided by just moving the monitor an inch or two. Worth the buy ....

Best moniter by Samsung!

from Pikesville, MD

Comments about Samsung SyncMaster Monitor:

The Samsung 226BW LCD Monitor is the company's best monitor on today's market, in my opinion. The monitor was extremely easy to set up and install right out of the box. I ran into no issues and missteps in following the directions and having a brand new monitor set up within ten or so minutes. More so, the monitor is not expensive at all, which is hard to believe considering how great it is and its features. It is a great value for the money. Next, the screen is very very clear and the contrast ratio is terrific, making sure everything is extremely crisp. The only downsides are that there is no HDMI and you cannot really tilt the monitor. However, these are minor points and do not really get in the way of this being a great monitor unless you are really picky about those things. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Samsung 226BW LCD Monitor to anyone in the market to buy a new one or replace their old CRT monitor.

Cool Screen

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Samsung SyncMaster Monitor:

So, I am more of a laptop kinda guy and was kinda ignoring my desktop for a while. That is until my laptop needed some repair. The thing is that my desktop also needed some repair in screen format. I decided to buy this LCD monitor based on the fact that I have a lot of samsung products. Samsung has never really let me down on my purchaces and this was no exception. The colors on the screen are very vibrant and bold. If you don't like the settings in which they come in then you can manually do it yourself and its a rather easy process. About size, well I wanted something tame so it comes in a perfect size. I would say that my computer looks a lot better these days and I am really enjoying watching videos and actually using my desktop computer. The price is reasonable for a Samsung LCD Monitor so if you have the mone i would definetly recommend this. Conclusion, this is a great monitor that will make your computer entertainment pop out and make it that much more entertaining.

The Samsung 226BW is a beautiful, top-notch LCD

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Samsung SyncMaster Monitor:

The Samsung 226BW first and foremost is a quality monitor I'm very happy to own. At 22" and maximum resolution of 1680 x 1050 pixels, this is all I need from it. The 2ms response time and high contrast ratio were the primary reasons for my choosing the 226BW over the competition at the time, and it's holding up well. I've had this for over 2 years I believe now and it has no signs of problems thus far, and being used on multiple systems without issue. So if you can still find this, I would recommend it on those points.

Also note that I used it connected to a PS3 with no problems, and that all was required is that you have a HDMI-DVI converter cable since one of the drawbacks of this monitor is that it does not handle HDMI. It would be convenient if it did, but since it's the same video signal, just lacking audio, there is no harm. I believe it could handle up to 720, definitely not 1080, so for this this size of monitor, if that is an issue you should look elsewhere. Not a negative in my books, but it does not have integrated speakers, but monitor speakers are of low quality generally and it would do best to get an actual speaker set-up. Lastly, the base is a bit large and it has no tilt, but consider getting a wall or desk attachment for maximum adjustability.

Samsung 226BW Monitor - 1 word: awesome!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Samsung SyncMaster Monitor:

Let me just go ahead and say it directly: I have had this monitor now for about 5 years...

I use my computer all day, 24/7, and sure, when I sleep and go to work the monitor gets turned off, but the rest of the time, always on!

The quality is simply amazing: responsive, just the right size for a desktop general purpose computer, 3000:1 conttrast, and with only 2ms response time, you can kiss input lag goodbye!

The colors are pretty accurate, and to be honest, for a dektop PC you're not really going to notice much difference, unless you're one of those maniacs lurking around geek forums.

The viewing angles aren't that great (as it happens with any TN panel monitor) but again, for a desktop computer odds are your right in front (and facinf front) 99.9% of the time anyway, right? It's not as if we're talking about your giant living room TV, where since not everyone's directly in frot, viewing angles ar more important there. With 22" of real estate, viewing angles are NOT a problem

Summary:

- Great image quality

- Fast 2ms response time

- Reliable (hey, I've had it for 5 years!)

Cons: None I can think of...

• Display Quality:
  • Compatibility:

Good, long lasting monitor

from San Gabriel, CA

Comments about Samsung SyncMaster Monitor:

I've bought this three years at Black Friday and Im still using this as my primary computer's monitor.  It's a decent, durable monitor.  The video quality of the monitor is great.  Contrast and sharpness is near perfect and it's top notch even to this day with so many new models and larger size monitors released.  This monitor is a great value for the money.  I've regretted of not buying another one to set up as a dual monitor setup.  Too bad it's an old model without any hdmi for high definition.  So if you are interested in high definition video quality, then it is best to look at other newer monitors.  Even though it's without high definition, this monitor still provides great video quality in terms of price and it being an older monitor model.  The monitor also have good enough tilting for those who prefers a monitor that tilts.  If you are interested in a budget, durable monitor that have decent tilting, I would recommend this monitor to you.

wonderful picture, great size

from Lacey, WA

Comments about Samsung SyncMaster Monitor:

I actually bought this monitor just for a replacement of my old fifteen inch monitor from back in 2003, and I'll say it was a great idea to change it. This monitor has a lot of great features, such as the really good picture quality and screen size. I watch full screen youtube videos on it and they look wonderful, almost like my television's quality of movies. Of all the things I really do on the monitor, it is mostly watching videos and movies online, and it serves the purpose flawlessly. For the price we paid for the monitor, I would have to say that it is really worth the money, and great for families that are looking to budget their money towards their computer system. My kids love it as much as I do, especially my son who is an avid pc gamer. He claims that it helps a lot with the quality of the game. Wonderful computer monitor, would recommend it to any friend or family member because its really that good.

Samsung 226BW is the best monitor I have ever owned!

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Samsung SyncMaster Monitor:

I bought my Samsung 226BW LCD Monitor a couple years ago and as soon as I got it home I fell in love! It is crystal clear images and is true to color on pictures and graphics. It was my first widescreen monitor and I love it. Excellent size and was compatible with XP, Vista and now Windows 7 that I have on my desktop computer. It is easy on the eyes and the sleek black finish makes it look very fancy. After 2 years it is still going strong with no errors.

The quality of the picjture was terriblle.

from Cartersville, GA