3.9
Samsung Steam Electric Dryer

Samsung Steam Electric Dryer

3.9

• Load Capacity:

This Samsung dryer is amazing!

I did a lot of research on washers and dryers when we moved and had to replace our old ones.  The Samsung models came out at the top of the heap in comparison to several other brands.  I really like the fact that this dryer gets the job done in way less time than my old dryer.  And the wrinkle care cycle lets me put clothes in that are wrinkled (like when they've been smashed in our overstuffed closet for too long) and they come out looking fresh and ready to wear.  I haven't had my iron out for weeks!  The refresh cycle helps things look AND smell better.  What I really liked about the steam function was that the dryer has its own water supply hookup.  Some steam dryer brands require you to add water to a reservoir in the machine for steam.  When I'm able to afford it, and we're in a bigger place, I will most likely invest in the platforms that go with the machines.  They are rather low to the ground without.  But that's the only little drawback I've had.  Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my machine.  It has all the cycles I could ever need for any type of laundry, it's quiet, fast, and the tub can accomodate really large loads.

samsung should recall the steam vrt dryer DV44AEP

dont expext good results after 14 months... Why,,,, because the lint screen design is a [complete][1] moronic failure. this screen will not [capture][2] lint properly and it will fill your dryer insides, circuit board and exaust duct with a mess. and then it will stop drying. and good luck getting samsung to care about it... they have a 1 year warranty on a piece of junk.... not that it even dried that well... i mean it takes 3 times the time to dry something because of the auto sensing moisture deal that doesnt work.... trust me steer clear of this expensive collosal mistake of buying a samsung vrt steam dryer model DV448AE. it is a big expensive mistake.... funny, like all of you, i researched it heavily... checked consumer reports, it is top rated,,,,, problem is they didnt test it for over a year so they didnt get to experience that waste of cash and failure of samsung... samsung should do a voluntary recall on this item.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/

So sorry I bought this model

from Carmel, Indiana

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

Cons

• Hard to Clean Lint Filter
    • Loud

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

So sorry I bought this dryer. The lint filter is so hard to clean. All they had to do was make it so the top of the filter flipped up, so you could clean it easily. It takes way too long and too much energy to clean. It is very loud. I have to close the laundry room door and I can still hear the noise. They installed a huge inflexible duct behind it, so it sticks out about 3 inches further into the room than the washer. Cannot arrange duck work to take up less room. Regret buying it every time I use it and look at it.

Not Worth the Bucks

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
      • Large Capacity
      • Matches washer

Cons

• Balls up sheets
      • Unreliable

• Towels

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

I had my previous dryer for 20 years. When I bought this to match the new washer, I expected another 20 years. In the first 2 years, the thermostat went up due to lint in the interior of the workings - I clean the lint filter every time and I clean the dryer vent once every 2 months - not good enough, you need to dissemble the back to get at the additional lint and this machine is heavy!

It balls up anything large you put in it so that sheets and mattress pads don't dry. I've taken to hanging the mattress pad on the clothesline to finish drying. I never had this problem with the old dryer. I was told the same thing other owners were told - put towels in to fill it up - nope, doesn't work.

Now, after 5 years, the interior paint is peeling off and the dryer fins are very rough. The stainless part is doing fine but Samsung considers peeling interior paint to be 'cosmetic' and not covered. I don't want little bits of melted enamel on my clothes.

This is an over-priced dryer that also doesn't dry well on sensor settings - I've been doing timed drying for years because it just doesn't work.

Next time I'll buy a top loader washing machine and a no-frills dryer. Oh, and the steam feature does NOT get wrinkles out.

A top quality electric clothes dryer.

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

I have only had this dryer for about 2 months so far, but have used it a lot. So far I have nothing bad to say about it and only good! It is efficient, top quality, and not eye-sore!

Load Capacity
      I can get plenty in this dryer. So far I have not had too much in a load to have to separate with how much this fits.

So far I have not had any loads where I needed to rewash. All my clothing has come out feeling and smelling fresh!

Not complicated to use at all. Very easy to understand and operate. It also has a feature that can save your favorite setting making it quick to start.

Seems very durable, but since i have only had this a short time - I did not want to rate it a 10. Although I foresee it lasting many years for me and my family.

I absolutely love the color of this machine. And it is a very classy looking overall design. I also purchased the matching washer and they look great stacked! It's perfect for anyone who is considering stacked machines.

• Load Capacity:

This dryer should be recalled!!

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

Worked pretty good for the first 6 months and then started to take longer to dry the clothes. I removed the back of the dryer numerous times during the first year to remove built up lint that had gotten in to the dryer and was covering electrical components. I clean my lint filter after every load I dry and I clean my vent and the duct every month. Even with doing all of this preventive care my dryer still went out after only having it for 15 months. Lint accumulated onto the temperature sensor causing it to go out. This dryer is a fire hazard waiting to happen! I have contacted Samsung about the problem and because my dryer is over 1 year old they refuse to do anything! Samsung needs to recall these dryers and fix the problem instead of just overlooking it! Would not recommend this dryer to anybody!

Load Capacity
      Has an average load capacity

First few months it works great

It is an easy dryer to use

Scratches easily

As far as looks it is a very nice looking dryer

Samsung continues to impress

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

I love anything Samsung, and they continue to impress me with this great dryer. I have the pair washer to this, and again I say I am highly impressed. This dryer is amazing. I have had no issues with it, the only complaint I have is the lint build up inside. I have no had to take apart the dryer inside to clean it yet, the lint usually comes out very easy. I have found as long as you clean the lint trap regularly, you will not have any issues with build up. Every setting works perfectly, and exactly how it should. I only dry my shirts a short time, that way they do not shrink, and the minimal settings work to a "T" allowing my shirts to not get over dried like some past dryers have done. If you do not get the stand/drawer for it, it may seems a little short. I recommend getting it with the dryer that way there is less bending on the users part. All in all this is a great dryer, and Samsung continues to impress with there amazing appliance lineup.

Seems short if you get it without the stand/drawer

Dislike

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

I gave this machine a 5 because it works but it is such a hassle to use that I hate drying my clothes. The best features are the steam cleaning option and they look nice. The worst feature is that my clothes are always left damp, even if I put it on the driest option. I get that you are trying to save energy but this is insane to me! Then, I try rerunning it and it's "smart" system stops it again and beeps a zillion times. My clothes are not dry!!!! So, the only way to bypass this machines inadequacies is to do a "timed dry" for a long time. In the end, I think I'm using more energy because I run the darn thing longer than necessary but at least my clothes are dry. I would not buy this dryer again.

Other than the fact that none of the dry cycles actually dry my clothes I have found the machine to be reliable and it looks nice. I also liked that you could flip the door so it could open left or right based on your room setup. It was easy to install.

Still, in the end I miss my old white dryer that was not fancy but did a good job dying in all the various scenarios such as delicate cycle.

Great Dryer but I find it has one problem

from Cumberland, RI

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

Lint buildup on the INSIDE of the dryer where you cannot get at causes dryer to become noisy and vibrate while running over time after you buy it. You should disassemble and clean the internals of the dryer especially the motor plastic flywheel fan blades, which accumulate lint and cause the motor to vibrate while running like a car tire out of balance. Clean the internals yourself every 6-12 months or pay someone to do it, if you experience any problems

the reason for less than perfect on the Durability is because I have to disassemble and clean it every 6-12 months due to lint buildup causing excessive vibration/noise

Very good dryer

from Portland, OR

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

I bought the dryer 9 months ago when prchased a new home. bought it in set with washer. Its energy efficient and like the auto senser so it doesn't waste the electricity when the cloths are dried.

Only problem though towels and bedding loads are not done in one go. Not because the dryer is not drying them but because they get all bundled in one another and then cloths don't dry inside but outer area is dry so senser just stops the machine.

Samsung Steam Dryer is a DREAM!

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

I have had my Samsung Steam Dryer for about six months, and I have loved every minute of it!  The drying time is super quick and it's very quiet.  The laundry room backs up to my daughters nursery, and it doesn't even cause her to stir if I'm in there doing a load of laundry - that's fantastic!!  I also love that there are numerous different cycles to choose from.  Sometimes the automatic sensor thinks that things are dry when they really aren't, and I'll have to run them through on a timed dry instead of the normal cycle.  I have both the washer and dryer up on the pedestals, and I would highly recommend them...at the time we purchased them, I felt they were a bit pricey - well, I still feel that way actually - but pricey or not, I feel they are a necessity.  I'm six feet tall, and without the pedestals, I'd be bending over for far too much of my life doing laundry...as it is, I still have to bend to access the clothes, but not as far as if they were flat on the ground.

Nothing special

from Houston, TX

Comments about Samsung Steam Electric Dryer:

Bought this dryer as a set with the washing machine.  It has a very aesthetically pleasing, clean, modern design that will look good in any laundry room.  I also got the pedestal for it and is nice to have so that I don't have to kneel or squat to put clothes in.

To operate the machine, there is a dial that you turn to choose different drying modes that have preset settings.  You can override the settings in each mode and it will remember it for next time, which is very convenient.

The drying performance is nothing to write home about.  It dries clothes in about the same time as my old dryer.  The drying sensor is a big plus so that you don't have to guess how long to dry clothes for.  However, the sensor isn't always accurate.  I've come back to clothes that are still a little wet and have witnessed it continue to dry even when they are already completely dry.  It does have a timed dry mode if you choose and I find myself using it when the sensor insists the clothes are dry when they are not.

Sheets do get balled and bundled as others have pointed out.  Heavier items like comforters need to be flipped or turned inside out mid cycle to evenly dry because of the balling effect.  Jeans sometimes still a little wet around the pocket areas.

I haven't found the steam functions in the dryer to be very useful and seems more like just marketing hype.  It didn't "release" or "smooth" wrinkles the times I tried it.  Better off ironing them if possible.

When the cycle completes there is a pleasant chime instead of a loud buzz which is nice when you're drying clothes at night.

It's a dryer and it does the job with a few quirks.  A little expensive though and if it weren't for the fact that I want it to match the washer, I would have gotten one half the price that does the same job.