4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Samsung's Soltice cell phone is a great phone.

Samsung's Soltice cell phone is an excellent cell phone, i got my daughter one and she absolutely loves it, she never loses a call, gets great reception and is easy to operate and looks really nice, has all the latest technology installed on it and it takes a great picture and videos, with great extra features.  It was a joy to see her face light up when she recieved it and it still lights up, she has went through so many phones, each having one problem or another and constantly having to go exchange or get a new one.  I have a child that is picky like her father and when something isn't right she will take it back and get something else, that' s just how her and her father are, they have little patients in trying to figure something out, but she has had no problem with this one.  She stays on it constantly and it must have  a great battery with it, because she has not complained once about it. She loves it, and if she loves it and she gets reception when i need to speak to her then it's great by me as well, we live around a lake , so alot of cell phones and cell phone services are hard to get to work good, most things just don't get good reception around here, but this one does, i am very pleased with it as well, for the whole point of her having one is so i can contact when i need to know where she is and etc.  So this phone has  a thumb's up with me.

Samsung Solstice

I currently have two samsung solstices at home, one my dad uses and one brand new. We got them around May of 2010 when we were renewing our contract. The samsung solstice is probably not a camera for my dad that is not so tech savvy, but he manages well with it. The touch screen is really sensitive, my dad uses a case which is connected on his belt and sometimes the screen is so sensitive it will easily call people without him knowing, probably a not so good thing. I tried texting on the phone, the texting is nice, but I'm not really a touch screen texter so I wasn't quite use to it. The battery life is really short because my dad basically charges it every single day, and when he is at work the battery drains really quick too. Recently, my dad has been having trouble with the phone, I think the phone is starting to lag and whenever he charges his phone the phone automatically turns off by itself once he plugs it in, so he has to turn it on when it is done charging. It hasn't even been a year and it's already starting to have problems, but good thing we have another one as back up whenever this one dies.

Great for the price!

from Dunnellon, FL

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

I have had this phone for about 2 years now and it's still going strong! I've never had issues with the touch screen freezing or anything like that. It is a fairly cheap phone and does the job if you can't afford those expensive smart phones. The only complaint about this phone is the speaker phone is not that loud so it's a bit hard to hear.

Hate it.

from Glastonbury, CT

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

I hate this phone. It is so hard to use. The touch screen never works right, and it calls people from my purse or pocket. I am always dialing people I do not want to call. It turns itself on when I turn it off.

• Battery Life:

Best Cellphone For Fingernails Real or Artifical!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

If you have fingernails and dont want to cut them, this is the phone for you! I couldnt believe it when my brother lent his to me and by golly it works on real and artifical nails! It is an AT&T cellphone.

I am so happy with this cellphone that Im amazed how it works.

Voice Quality
I have excellent receiving and delivering as well.

Battery Life
This battery lasts a good long time, of course just charge over night and you will do fine.

I have accidentially dropped it and it just keps on working

So simple and easy to use, I am so glad I found it.

Cute and just the right sizr to fit in your hands.

Great Touch Screen phone

from Jefferson City, TN

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

I've owned an Samsung Solstice for almost 2 years now and I absolutely love this phone.  Serves great as an mp3 player and takes great quality pictures.  What makes this phone great is that you can buy a cheap 2GB or 8GB memory card for this phone, insert it in the back and you can thousands of pictures and song files.  This phone worked cool as a dial up modem for my laptop when I am on the go.  You download the Samsung software on your computer and you can use your cell phones internet plan anywhere.  I used this phone as an mp3 player in my vehicle, you only have to buy an attachment for the phone since it doesn't have head phone jack.  The phone also has a nice privacy setting where you can put passwords on your files that you don't want a nosy friend or relative snooping through if they happened to get a hold of your phone.  When you get this phone make sure you buy screen protectors because the screen scratches fairly easy.

Great phone for the price

from Abilene, TX

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

I was holding out for an Iphone, but the phone I had at the time completely died, so I was forced to make the decision- pay an arm and a leg, plus high monthly data charges, for an Iphone or go to the AT&T store and see what else was available. I chose to shop around. And I am SO glad I did! If you are looking for a functional, easy-to-use, technologically advanced touch-screen phone, this is the phone for you. The battery life is long, the touch-screen is sensitive and precise, the camera takes AMAZING pictures, and the internet connection is great. The only thing I would change is the storage space, but you can always buy a SIM card! this phone is great!

The phone lasted about a year and then began having problems

Voice Quality
The voice quality was mediocre

Battery Life
After a year of use the battery did not last more than half a day

Even after over a year of owning the phone it only had minor wear and tear

It is very easy to navagate and personalize

I loved the look and feel of the phone as well as the managable size

• Battery Life:

The Samsung Solstice is the very best phone I have ever owned!

from Wadsworth, OH

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

This phone has it all! A 2.0 mega pixel camera, video camera, photo editing options galore and that's just for pictures! You can assign seperate ringtones, caller id pictures all with multiple contact information options. The mp3 player is divine and has multiple sound options including 5.1 surround. Call waiting, caller id, call forwarding, voicemail, picture and text messaging are available, in addition to a cool new feature called video share. Apps include but are certainly not limited to mobitv, gps navigator, online banking, email, web browser and much more! The touch screen is very clear and easy to use. A handy little button at the top locks the screen to prevent any "pocket dialing".

I would not buy this phone if I knew then what I know now!

from Rogers, AR

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

I have had nothing but trouble with my Solstice. I've only had my phone for two months, but it acts like it's ten years old. It often drops calls, turns off mid call or activity, needs to have the battery taken out to 'reset' it when it turns off. The touch screen is very touchy- your hands must be very warm and you must use a very firm touch. When my phone turns off. all of the icons are moved to different screens and it takes forever to get it back to normal. I've talked to A T& T people and they have told me that these are all common problems with this phone. My son has the exact same phone and ha has had some issues as well. Do not buy this phone! It's very frusterating.

Good beginner smartphone

from Attica, IN

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

This is a good phone to have if you do some of the little things that a smartphones have but does not have all of the features of a typical smartphone. There are screensavers on the phone that cannot be altered. this is frustrating because some of them are kind of girly and if a man has this phone it makes it frustrating ebcause you cannot adjust which ones show up. You cannot play many good games on this phone because of the touchscreen. Overall though this phone is pretty good. there are a few quirks about it that I would change but it serves it purpose for calling and texting. I would recommend this phone to someone who does not want a data plan and who does not want a lot of features like a smartphone has. I think that most samsung phone ahve the screensaver problem and that should be changed within the company, but the Samsung Solstice is a good phone. Just a tip though, that back of the phone does not come off that easily.

Samsung Solstice SGHa887 Cell Phone - Great

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

I have had this phone for about a year. This finger touch phone has a large touch screen, 3G data, video sharing, memory card slot, GPS navigation, 2 megapixel camera, and Bluetooth. It has a unique onscreen QWERTY keyboard you can access in landscape or portrait mode. It also has Samsung's TouchWiz interface with drag-and-drop widgets, including Facebook, MySpace and Yahoo. This is a good phone for those who want a touch screen as an alternative to the iPhone and who do not use video mobile tv. It has everything I need in a phone. I mostly text and talk and I do not access the internet so I can not comment on that. I like the slim design and the menu is very easy to use. The pictures are very clear and it has a nice feature to be able to download them to a computer via a cable. I use clear protective sheets on my phone and the touchscreen is unaffected. Overall I really like this phone. The only downside I find is that after about six months of use, the battery only holds a charge for about 36 - 48 hours.

Samsung Soltice - Good Solid Phone

from Sand Springs, OK

Comments about Samsung Solstice Cell Phone:

I am an ATT customer and have used the Samsung Solstice for over a year now. I am used to regular push button phones and do not change phones very often. As a matter of fact I carried my old Nokia around for about four years before getting the Solstice, so needless to say I was a bit concerened about a touchscreen phone. I have to say that I have not been disappointed. The touchscreen is very easy to navigate. I like the fact that you can store important numbers right on the desktop area of the phone. I really like the keyboard that pops up when you turn the phone sideways. This makes it much easier to use the texting feature. The battery life is about a week long, so no constant charging. You will definately want to buy some screen protectors and some kind of case to protect your phone from scratches and drops. This is a good phone. I would own another one if I had to.