3.8
Models:
RS261MDRS, RS261MDWP, RS261MDBP
Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Never again!

The worst investment ever made. Freezer stopped working before a year in. Then icemaker stopped working the next 2 trs. Over the last 3-4 yrs fridge side has stopped working. Woke up to flooded kitchen, basement because of water leaking. Fridge not working yet again.

Cincinnati, Ohio

false

Good fridge, terrible ice maker

This fridge is nice looking and nice inside with lots of space. We bought this one because the whole ice maker is made in the freezer door, rather than the top of the freezer, thus making more room in the freezer for goods. However, the ice maker is flawed. I noticed right away that it spit the ice out slowly into my cup. It only got worse. Now it takes about 10 seconds for one piece of ice. And forget about getting crushed ice...it comes out cubed. Other than that, no problems. Food stays cold.

Sonora, CA

true

Great refrigerator at a great price!

This is the best refrigerator I have ever owned. Noise Level The refrigerator is usually quiet, but when the ice maker is filling with water, it can be heard through the wall into the next room. Kinda noisy. Interior Organization This refrigerator has plenty of storage, and it well layed out inside. Temperature Control Temperature controls are easily changed by the front panel. Although it is a bar graph and not a actual temperature readout, it is just fine the way it is. Ease of Cleaning Very easy to keep clean. Durability I have only had the refrigerator, for six months, but it is not showing any signs of wear. Design This refrigerator has a very good design. The only design issue that I have noticed is with the ice and water selection buttons on the front panel near the dispenser. To select cubed or crushed ice, and switch to water, you press one of two buttons. (the ice button changes from cubed to ice and back) The issue is that these are the only to buttons on the entire control panel that do not have a LED indicator behind them, and are the tow most likely to be needed in the dark.. So you are fumbling around trying the find these two buttons to get a glass of water in the middle of the night.

Samsung stainless side-by-side

This refrigerator is beautiful and has awesome features. It runs pretty quiet and cools very fast. There is a lot of storage space in the fridge side and a moderate amount on the freezer side. The controls are on the freezer door and are touchscreen. There is a power saver setting and a child lock to lock the controls so children cannot use the ice/water dispensers. There are a couple negatives I can say about this refrigerator however. The ice maker could use some improvement. It is a little slow to dispense & make ice. The other negative is the stainless steel is kind of hard to keep clean. There is a Samsung decal on the fridge door at the top and every time I wipe over it while cleaning the stainless steel, the glue from the back of the decal smears. This makes a stubborn film that is difficult to remove. I ended up just removing the decal from my refrigerator. Overall this is an excellent appliance at a great price. V

true

a great buy for people who can't get a full sized fridge.

the best fridge I've ever owned. unfortunately I've always owned bad fridges so don't think this is the best fridge on the market. This fridge is narrower than the french door fridges so it will fit better in most kitchens. i got my in the platinum finish instead of the stainless because the platinum finish was cheaper and barely looked different. Noise Level the fridge is rather quite while running. the door will start beeping if you leave it open for too long. the beeping feature was implemented to remind you to close your fridge door. Interior Organization you can move the shelves wherever you want. that helps a lot because i like to have a least two shelves capable of fitting tall 2 liter soda bottles. Temperature Control a bit fidgety Ease of Cleaning i have someone else clean the fridge Design very simple and modern. the water and ice dispenser design is the best part of the fridge. it kind of looks like it's not part of the fridge, but it is, reminds me of deconstructism architecture.

too loud

this is a very nice looking refrigerator, however it is very loud. it is off and on noisy all through out the day. the ice maker is not the best and is very slow at regenerating ice. the look is very classy. the display looks nice and works great the ice and water dispenser seem to be working fine as well.

false

Quality, inexpensive with water and ice in the door

Good room in the refrigerator and freezer. Water and ice work well in the door, although the ice is loud. Noise Level Very quiet when operating. I don't hear it at all from the next room. The ice machine is loud when it fills. The ice machine in the door is very loud when dispensing. Interior Organization Adjustable shelves make it easy to store everything.

Richardson, TX

true

Roomy Fridge and Freezer, A good buy for our family.

We purchased this refrigerator a year and a half ago. I like the look, the stainless does smudge but cleans quickly with the special cleaner (an extra purchase). I like the storage space. The shelves do not have much room for adjustment. Everything fits well that I buy except for tall drinks like 2 liter soda bottles, they have to be stored in the door. It has LED light in the back that are bright and we really like them, they don't look like they can be changed but LED's should last a long time. The display on the outside is really nice, tells you the temp of the freezer and fridge, lets you know when the filter needs to be changed. Allows you to set a power freeze mode that cools the freezer quickly. The freezer also has lots of room with two draws in the bottom they can be hard to get things in and out but not too bad. The ice maker is in the door and is the only thing about the whole unit I would not give a 5 to. It sometimes gets stuck and continues to shoot out ice after you move your cup, due to a piece of ice getting stuck. also twice it has gotten stuck on crush also due to ice in the wrong place we think. To get the unit inside out is also hard and difficult to put it back. But for us these things are not a game changer and we still really like this refrigerator. Noise Level over all not super quiet and power freeze is pretty loud. Interior Organization lots of space and three drawers in the fridge! Temperature Control digital and on the door, fully adjustable Ease of Cleaning everything comes out to clean

Providence Forge, VA

true

terrible worst appliance I bought.

When we bought this refrigerator we thought it was nice 2 years now we have had nothing but trouble with this product. the computer does what ever it feels like. the ice does not work all the time, the refrigerator thaws out, the things in the drawer freeze. I never had so much trouble especially with a refrigerator something that should last you at least 20 years. I hope Samsung will make this right or you will be hearing from me again. Temperature Control You cant control a computer imagine that !! I will never buy again something that controls temperature by a computer.

Great Fridge for the Price

My husband and I bought this fridge for our house 6 months ago and love it! It is big enough to hold everything that we need. I love that the shelves are easily moved around to the heights I need at the time. You are able to adjust the temperature contols so easily. It also has an alarm for when the door is open too long which is great for when you think you've closed and haven't. Noise Level It is very quiet, even when it's making ice. Temperature Control It's so easy to change and contol the temperatures in the fridge and the freezer. You are able to change the temperatures of each of the drawers in the fridge depending on what you have in them. Ease of Cleaning You can easily take out the shelves to clean

Brea, CA